UK National LotteryScam and cheating!

J

After I received the notification of being a year end winner of UK NATIONAL LOTTERY online Sweepstakes International Program on Sun 23 Sep 2007, for the amount of 516,778.00 GBPounds sterling, I made an e-correspondence with the Fiduciary Officer MR.PETER TAYLOR (email address: [protected]@hotmail.com). Then, he sent me email that I have to send money to begin the claims process with TNT courier service: attn.MR.TERRY HOPKINS (dispatch officer, email address: [protected]@hotmail.com). Mr.Terry Hopkins gave the name of MR.KEVIN GILL, 20-22 Eastbury Road, London E6 6LP to be the Account Officer receiving my courier cost. I did sent an amount of 463.95GBP to Mr.Kevin Gill via Western Union MTCN [protected] on Oct 2,2007. After confirming my payment, I received a STOP ORDER ON TRANSFER OF FUNDS (WINNING PRIZE) unless I paid a tax fee of 0.3% of my winnings for the sum of 1,550.00 GBP to BRITISH TAX DEPT, name of receiver: ALLAN CURBS, address: 34 EPWORTH ROAD, BS106QF LONDON. That was the time that I realize what a fool I was to believe the scam!!!

Jose M. Feb 13, 2008

A friend of mine has received recently the same scan with the same names and mail directions. We have completely realized that it was a swindle thanks to your complaint.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices