TutorooRefuses refund request when it does not have a suitable teacher

C Mar 24, 2021

This company is a scam, and if you have any issues be prepared for non-existent and unprofessional customer service where they charge you before lessons are confirmed, and refuse to offer refund if your preferred tutors are unavailable. The website has a disconnected customer service number and they actively avoid providing information about their policy.

I paid Tutoroo for lessons on 22/03/2021, where I contacted two tutors for availability. Both tutors were unavailable for in person meeting. When I requested a refund, Jericha from support would respond and say they'd passed it on to the local team. No one followed up promptly or would address my refund questions until I escalated it several times. Sophia from the local team only sent auto generated spam messages to the tutors about setting up a date to meet, which I had already communicated and determined both were unavailable.

This was written in reply by support:

"Please feel free to contact your next preferred tutor, just skip the payment page.

According to our refund policy, we can not issue a refund unless there is no tutor available to cater you.

Thank you for your understanding."

DO NOT USE THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY. The payment page cannot be skipped when sending inquiries to tutors. So not only are they charging payment beforehand, but pushing additional contact with remaining instructors I've reviewed and found not to meet what I am looking for.

I will NEVER be using Tutoroo again and will be reporting it to the ombudsman for their dodgy communication and policies.

Refuses refund request when it does not have a suitable teacher

RESOLVED

• Updated by Cam A · Mar 25, 2021

Sophia connected me with a third tutor on 25/03/2021, which still does not suit my preferences and availability. I'm shocked by the complete disregard and refusal from Tutorio to refund my payment when the service I'm seeking cannot be provided. I also find it appalling that they're dragging this out and continuing to randomly messaging tutors, not taking into consideration what I've specified or and my dissatisfaction with their platform.

• Tutoroo's response · Mar 25, 2021

Hi Cam,

To be able to correctly assist you regarding your review and service experience with TUTOROO, can you please provide the below information:

Full Name:
    Email address used in inquiring:
    Location (City/Country):
    Language:
    Amount Paid:
    Mode of Payment:

We are looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks,

The TUTOROO team

• Updated by Cam A · Mar 25, 2021

I've sent my details 26/03/5021 via email in our existing email chat ([email protected]). Please confirm.

Comments

• Tutoroo's response · Mar 27, 2021

Hi Cam,

Can you please provide us the email address you used so we can pull out your message?
    Feel free to email it to [email protected]

Thanks,

• Updated by Cam A · Mar 29, 2021

Hi Roxanne, I've forwarded the email and conversations to you.

• Tutoroo's response · Mar 29, 2021

Thanks, Cam.
    Confirming that we have received your email.
    Currently, we have 13 available Vietnamese tutors in Melbourne. Would you be able to check them out at https://www.tutoroo.co/Vietnamese-tutor-Melbourne

Feel free to chat with your preferred tutor and just skip the payment page.

Regards,

• Updated by Cam A · Mar 30, 2021

I reviewed all remaining tutors and they either do not meet my availability, provide in person lessons nearby or have the specific dialect I'm seeking. Given that I've been introduced to 3 replacement tutors without success, why is the refund not being issued? I've escalated this matter and requested information regarding a reference for the invoice charged and case number by Tutoroo Melbourne team. This still has not been provided but instead I've been given the runaround where I have gone through various customer service persons who continue to deflect and no resolve the issue of getting my money back.

• Tutoroo's response · Apr 02, 2021

Hi Cam,

Thank you for your response.
    Would you be able to discuss your preferences with the new tutor/s?