Trustnetnorth america consumer promotion draw

C

My College Son received a letter stating "We are pleased to inform you that you are one of the winners in the North America Consumer Promotion Draw organized for all customers of Wal-mart, sears, Home Depot, Safeway, Etc. The letter stated that he was entitled to the sum of US $9851.80. His claim agent is Charles Williams at [protected]. They enclosed a check for $985.18 which he was to cash to pay a tax amount of $900.00 required by our state. I am so glad that he received this type of letter at his home address and not while school was in session because he truly thought that this was real. I knew that this was a scam and sure enough, googled it and here I am. This type of thing is so sad and the only lesson to learn here is the same old one that states, you NEVER get something for Nothing!!

• Ri
    Riafly19 May 26, 2010

Hello Everyone,
    I just received one of these letters yesterday. My Letter was signed by C. Gilespie, Vice President Finance. My agent was Nicole Williams 1-408-459-0523. My initial check was in the amount of $3, 920 and my tax amount was $2, 744, in order to claim a prize of $39, 850. The check was drawn from Key Bank in the name of Valleyfair out of MN. I called Key Bank and they told me that this account number was not in the name of a company Valleyfair and that I should report it to the police dept. I took advice from other comments on this sight and called the FBI. They didn't even want take a formal report because they were very aware of the situation. They told me just to shred the check and DO NOT call the phone number. They said these guys were very good and that if you tried to cash the check it would initially clear, but it can take up to 6 months for the bank to catch on to the fact that it was a fraudulent check and when they do you will be responsible to pay back the money.

• Co
    cory park Sep 03, 2010

ok i just got the check yesterday and i dont have account to cash it so i give it to my mom to check it for me and she bacilly she give the money from her account and she's still waiting on the check to be clear, I the research today and everybody said is a scam!! WTF so mad i try to call the bank of the check name Texas Fedrel creadit union dey close!! so now i dont know wat to do!! good thing is that i still have the money my mom give me!!

• Mo
    moonrunner Nov 08, 2010

I recieved one today 11/08/2011 from NORTH AMERICA CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAW. For the amount of $990.00 to be trnsfered for taxses back to RAY MARTIN, OR MELISSA GORDON.TAX AGENTS.In CANADA.Total amount won is $9, 100.00 dollars.This amount was writen off PEOPLE'S FIRST COMMUNITY BANK Orange City Fl 32763.Contact numbers. TEL. 1-877-759-7117 or 416-939-8838. (Vice President Finance) C. GILESPIE. Top of letter head reads. OPINION DATA NETWORKS INC.45 Montgomery Street. Siite 3340 San Francisco, CA 94104. I live in Florida.This is a scam. There is no such place. DO NOT CASH OR SEND ANY MONEY TO THESE PEOPLE.

• Ee
    Eeeek!! Jan 28, 2011

I am so glad to see this site here. My brother has learning disabilities and was quite excited to receive the check these scammers are sending out. His was in the amount of $3, 920.00. They sent all the phone#'s others have received and told him he had to send them $2, 900.oo for the taxes on his $39, 850. (thirty nine thousand eight hundred fifty dollars) . Once they received the tax money on his winnings he would receive the 39 grand by a courier company in the form of a Certified check. However they advised him to contact his claim agent (Tracy Parker 1-905-616-7890) first. Their company heading is from "Financial Express" at
    One Broadway, 16th Floor, Cambridge MA, 02142. It claimed he was a winner in a promotion draw organized for all customers of Walmart, Sears, Home Depot, Safeway, etc.
    As I say, he has learning disabilities and doesn't understand. He is so trusting and naive, and believes in these things. It's just a good thing he has cynical sister, who believes in no one and nothing. I made him promise not to do anything til I saw it. It really pi$$e$ me off that people take advantage of others who don't understand. And it really hurts people. What about those who don't have others to protect them??
    To anyone searching to see if this is a scam or reality... SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! shred it and toss it!

• Ad
    Adeline M Apr 09, 2011

I just received a check a few minutes ago with a letter signed by Ron C. Eglins, President of Globe Test Market, 1750 Lundy Avenue, San Jose, California. I am suppose to contact my co-ordinator Ms. Lisa Wright to o"validate" the check. I have been searching for employment for six months now and in that time from responses from job postings responded to on Craig's List I have received $10, 000+ in money orders and checks which are all counterfeit. It makes me sick how these people are trying to scan those looking for employment. I

• Si
    sick of scams1 Jul 02, 2011

I got the same one and i live in Florida, I've got two this month from some other person or people.

• Ca

TEL: 1-905-781-8853

June 11, 2011

Claim Number FNT 06-14-44

RE: AWARD CLAIM NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you that you are one of the winner in the "NORTH AMERICA CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAW" organized for all customer of Wal-Mart, Sears, Home Depot, Safeway etc.

You are entitled to the sum of US $9, 851.80. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Your winning is payable to you by CERTIFIED CHECK, and will be delivered to you by a courier company (FedEx or UPS). You are therefore advised to contact YOUR CLAIM AGENT:

Charles Williams on 1-905-781-8853

Monday through Fridays ...8am...To...6pm, Saturdays...8am...To...4pm (Eastern Standard Time), for further instructions on how to claim you big winnings.

We have enclosed a check of US $958.18 Per your State regulations, a tax amount of $900.00 will be required before your lump sum winning can be sent to you

TAX AMOUNT: $900.00 US DOLLARS