Toyota Financial ServicesNegative

S

When I traded a 2005 Highlander in July 15, 2006 for a 2004 Saturn Vue, it was to get out of a Leasing Contract. Although I brought the 2004 Saturn Vue from the same dealership, they still added and had me fill out a "Negative Down payment Addendum to retail Installment Contract". I even put down $5, 000.00 and still got stuck with a $4, 100 negative figure that was added to my current balance.

I have repeatedly requested Toyota to give me a lower interest rate (currently 17.5%), due to me struggling to make the high $585.00 monthly payments, but they have only sent me paperwork that will take the vehicle, when I get 2-months behind in payments.

I feel it should be illegal to have charged me with the negative amount, although I gave them $5, 000.00. I will also complain to the Better Business Bureau. Auto companies are like some home lending companies, unethical and too money hungry in making a profit and use any type of procedure to close deals. I want the $4, 100 taken off my current balance and my monthly payments lowered.

• Pe
    Peter Skidmore Mar 27, 2009

I bought a new 2009 Toyota Tacoma last October and have had nothing but trouble with Toyota Financial Services. They insist on trying to use an old, cancelled account that I used for buying our Toyota Tacoma 2005. We have been to our bank twice, to the Toyota dealership once and still Toyota Financial persist in telling me that I am responsible for their mistake. I received a cell phone call from a collection agency when I was out shopping, which I did not appreciate. Now I understand that we have been reported to the credit bureau. I am beside myself with anger. Especially as I have excellent credit and have done everything I can to maintain it. I will NEVER again buy a Toyota!