touchstone-groupbad employer

I went to work there through a temp agency. The customer service group was treated like lepers. We had to remain at work regardless of weather conditions while everyone else, including HR went home early or worked from home, especially if they had no sitters. The dress code was dismissed by HR and the tech dept while we had to dress the part.
That being said, I was keeping track of my hrs. My contract was to work 600 hrs, then be up for hire. Every week, they told the agency how much they liked my work. My direct supervisor said the same. When my hrs were up, HR ignored it. I asked for a meeting. They waffled for days, then had my director tell me that they would not hire me but keep me on as a temp on a monthly basis indefinitely. he added that he knew some people who had the same deal for 2 1/2 yrs. He said it there would be a fee to hire me. I checked with the agency and they confirmed there were NO FEE. I told him so but he kept his position and seemed shocked I was not doing a happy danse. I asked why I was not being hired on but he wouldn't answer. I had never called in sick but had been ill for 2 days, which they all knew. I called in the next day and was fired. They thought, according to the agency, that this was "too coincidental"...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices