Torridpoor customer service, in store shopping

J

The sales associates were too busy talking with friends to assist buying customers. I walked around the store with an arm full of clothes, and not once was I asked if I needed any assistance or needed to have items placed in a dressing room.
Once I was ready to check out, I had to wait for the conversation to end with the friends before getting checked out.
What baffles me is why these individuals, who obviously have no experience what so ever in the customer service field, always are the people in these jobs. Every single employee at this location is horrible and I dread shopping in this store, even though it's so close to my home.