Timeshare By Ownerbad service

Timeshares By Owner contacted us a year and a half ago. We were assured that our timeshare located in Scottsdale AZ would sell in a matter of months. We started our property out at $12000 dollars on their recommendation. We have since dropped our price to $999. No calls yet!! We have however received multiple calls from Timeshares By Owner offering to advertise more or sell our property auction style for $800 more. WAIT!!! I already paid them $450 to advertise this property and they can't even do that. Why would I give them more money?!!

DO NOT USE TIMESHARE RESELL COMPANIES OR ADVERTISING COMPANIES. WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF TWICE NOW BY TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES. JUST SAY NO!!

• Bu
    Bukola Adeoye Aug 26, 2008

I have being defrauded by this comapny too. i was promised a sale before my credit card bill was due. that would have ben 30 - 45 days and when i contact them after 30 days to cancel, i was told i had 7 days to cancel. I was never told of a 7 day time frame to cancel. How could I cancel in 7 days if I was promised a sale in 30 days? These people contacted me saying they resell timeshare for Wyndham, the chain that owns the timeshare I’m trying to sell. The representative named Laura, called me several times and told me that they have buyers waiting to buy my Bonne creek property. I was told it will be sold before my credit card bill came due. I did not make this statement up. I can list my timeshare for sale myself on craigs list or a local news paper for nothing. I did not sign up with them to just forever list that time share. THAT IS BULL! It is straight up fraud and false advertising.

• Cm
    C. Moorehead Sep 09, 2008

I listed my Maui timeshare property with Timeshares by Owner from the San Clemente office and they sold it in 34 days!!! Very happy with their services. Would highly suggest them to anyone.

• Se
    Sense58 Oct 30, 2008

I have listed 3 units for Daytona 500 raceweek. I leave numerous messages and never get return calls. I have dropped the price of each by $500 from which they orig. suggested. Their service is awful!!!

• Ka
    Kathy Dec 03, 2008

I agree with the dissatisfied people. I have been waiting for 2 years with no offers. Now I can't even get back the price I paid for them in the beginning. All they do is make empty promises and get richer. Stay away from this company or BEWARE.

• Da
    dan May 20, 2009

Pretty much the same, charge to list your property with the promise to sell, nothing happen for 2 years then they called wanting more money for a special program they were running guaranteeing to sell just like the first time. This is just a rip-off . Very rude when you call them on there scam. Located at 7111 Graham National Drive, Orlando Fl. 32819 sale persons name Joshua Schmidt which is probably Fake.
    Beware they are scammers

• Wi
    william duke III Jun 03, 2009

This a complete rip off!!! I was contacted by timesharesby owner and they promised me they would sell my time share within 90 days for $599.00 and if they couldn't they would refund my money. Well that was a faudulent lie. As a matter of fact everytime I call the operator says she will transfer me to someone who can help and it goes straight to a answering machine and they never return my calls. Also located at 7111 Graham National Drive, Orlando Fl. 32819

• Mo
    Moore622 Jul 14, 2009

I am very happy that I reviewed the complaints here on TimeShare By Owners, same location (with the exception of one nice comment, which is over ruled here). I was recently contacted by someone offering me to be apart of the Renter's Program. He made it sound so sweet and simple - stating that they were short of owners willing to rent their property for Superbowl 2010 and that I could rent 1 week for 5, 100.00 (negotiable). What really took the cake is when he stated that he had offers lined up already; but after I paid a nice $800 agreement fee, he stated that he would call me on Monday (7/13) with the offers (since there was a Superbowl showcase over the weekend). I thought wow, this is great - I will use my points to rent a week stay at a nice resort in the Fort Lauderdale area during Superbowl 2010 for at least $4, 500.00. Why not! Well come Monday, I received a phone call all right, but it wasn't with any offers, which I brought up - of course. The call was like a 'rush me off the phone' type - as he stated, "I should have offers for you by the end of next week, as we are going to contact the renters and see when they want to travel." WHAT! - wait a minute - something is not right here...I realize that this was an advertisement only, so I am happy that I did further research to cancel this within the seven days. I can rent my property my own for Free!! Yes, be aware of the scams out there, especially in today's economy - I'm sure no one wants to give away money for nothing.

• Pa
    Patti R Sep 15, 2009

I am sorry but I have to disagree with the most of you as I listed my timeshare in Myrtle Beach, SC with TimesharesByOwner and they called me with several offers within 3 weeks . I accepted the 3rd offer and had my check in 2 weeks after that. I think some of you may have this company confused with another as I have been contacted by many companies with very simaliar names who did make outlandish claims that they had someone waiting to buy it right there. How could you have someone waiting to buy something tythat they do not even know is for sale yet? The agents at Timesharesbyowner were always very nice and couteous to me and i would reccomend them to anyone who owns a timesahre but is unable to use it for whatever reason.

• Ro
    Robert M. Oct 26, 2009

My experience was absolutely negative. But there may be a ray of hope for others. To make a long, confusing, irritating story short, during my initial consultation, the unscrupulous salesman promised me several services that were designed to sell my time share. I checked in with him after 6 weeks but had to leave him a message because he was "busy." I myself got busy and forgot about the message I had left until I received a call from another one of their wonderful salesmen asking if I wanted to upgrade my account. The problem was that he was offering me the EXACT same services that I was initially offered. For only $399.00. I told him that my initial salesman already promised me such servies and he said that was not possible. He the offered to reduce the price to $349.00. I was touched, but also very pissed. So, I called my initial salesman again and had to leave a message. Luckily, the initial salesman had given me his cell phone number, so I called him up. He told me that he had left the company and then hung up on me. What a wonderful, caring person.
    I tried to contact the company, but all I could do was leave unreturned messages. So, and here is what I would recommend people explore, I contacted my credit card and disputed the charge. In reply to the dispute I received a nice set of notes from Time shares by owner about how it was on ebay and their website. So, I replied that I did not doubt that it was on ebay and the website but that the other services I was promised were not being fulfilled since my salesman was gone and no one would call me back. I won the dispute but even better TSBO lost! If you have not given the company any money, save your time. You are better off buying lottery tickets. If you have, try to dispute the charge. In the mean time, I will continue to wonder how TSBO employees sleep at night.

• Rr
    RrB Oct 28, 2009

I must agree with all of these except the positive on, I assume that that was written by one of there agents. This company is a total scam. Anyone giving them money will lose it and receive nothing in return.

chuckz Oct 29, 2009

I completely agree with the opinion of this company. My experience was actually a little different, I did write to cancel within the 7 day period, but the same day I canceled, my wife was called by an agent asking if we would drop our price to 4900.00 because we had someone interested in renting. I was stupid enough to fall for this and re subscribed only to find out there was no renter and now I am too late to cancel. I am contacting lawyers to see if I can do anything about this company. anyone else who has had similar experiences please let me know.

• Je
    Jeff Nov 02, 2009

100% agree, all of them Universal, Creative, Worldwide, etc etc...ALL ###

• Ti
    TimeshareDummy Nov 24, 2009

Hopefully you are reading this BEFORE you fall for the scam these people have to offer. I also believe the only positive feedback was left by the companies own reps. I too fell for the sales pitch, believing there were numerous people waiting to buy my timeshare, and I could even double my money!? Well you guessed it, It cost me money and I still have a timeshare to sell. Beware.

• Dl
    DLEEB Nov 24, 2009

Just recieved another call from them they satated they had a new program and a different company was looking to by shares. But of course they wanted me to give then $1100, 00 plus dollars up front which of course I would recieve when they sold my timeshare, Didn't fall for it twice. Then of course they had nothing more to say to me and when I ask to talk to a manager they reffered me to a different number, whith ext 177 and when you say that ext, you get contacted to a answer machine with no one in and never return your calls.

• Ki
    kimi0335 Dec 02, 2009

I agree with you all ... I was told that my property would sell in a matter of days because they had a extravaganza coming up... I wasn't told the seven day thing.. now its been 4 months I recieved not a bit of contact until today and they wanted more money for me to advertise to renters... YEAH RIGHT!! I want out of the time share because I cant afford it like I can afford to give them more money??

josh12345 Dec 09, 2009

i also have been taken by time share by owners...i was called by gmac...they told me that i could get my money back from them ...i told them yea ok at first but again i tryed my luck... they also asked for a up front fee but it was for a life time membership so i can get my unused time rented out every year. i didnt want to but gave in...i recieved offers for rentals within a mnth so im tellin you these people time share bye owners are a rip off if you have had them im tellin you, y agent from gmac helped me get my mny back i bet h an help you you to... i want to make this company go broke so his number is [protected] ex 154 he helped me ...

jamiea Dec 12, 2009

I was looking to do business with Timeshare By Owners and saw this, then I realized that there is Timeshare By Owners, Timeshares By Owner, Timeshare By Owner, timesharebyowners.com, timesharesbyowner.com, timesharebyowners.net, etc the list goes on, so please be specific in the company you dealt with. I guess the company at the top of the page is who you all are talking about but have just used different names.

I'm going with Timeshare By Owners since I haven't heard anything bad about them... yet. And they are advertising to Pay Me to List My Property. How do you say no to that?

Anyway I guess I'll start one of these if I have a bad experience.

• Kr
    KRMMAM Jan 04, 2010

I received a call from someone with Timeshares by Owner last month, and after listening to the whole speech, they told me there was an upfront fee. I immediately told them I was not interested anymore (I've been told to NEVER EVER pay a company a fee up front to list your TS) and we ended the call.

I just received another call from the same company, from someone named Diana who said she was the supervisor of the person I spoke with originally (Courtney). She said Courtney is no longer with the company and so she wanted to call me to follow up and see if I still wanted to sell/rent my TS. I told her that I was, but not if I have to pay a fee up front. She asked me what fee I was told, I honestly I couldn't remember. She said that they usually charge something like $1, 200. And I said yeah, no thanks... not interested.

She then proceeded to tell me that they have a "showcase" coming up this weekend and are in dire need of 25 properties to have by this Friday morning at 9:00. She asked me if I would reconsider if she could drop the fee. I said possibly, depending on what it is. She put me on hold to go speak with "her supervisor" and came back with a fee of $424 (instead of the original $1, 200 she wanted) with the condition that I'd have to give a written testimonial after they rent/sell my property, and also give my name and phone # to 2 other Westgate Resorts owners (I own at Westgate).

And to top it off, they keep telling me they can sell my TS for $18, 000+ (that that's the going rate). Yeah right... I didn't even purchase it for that much 5 years ago!

I told her I'd have to think about it and talk it over with my husband, but after Googling reviews on them and coming across this site, I'm not even thinking twice about it. They won't get my money!!

JannieG53 Feb 08, 2010

I agree. I had a similar experience and am glad that I did not go with them. I was contacted by Timeshares By Owner and set up an appointment for an evening call so both my husband and I could be on speaker phone.. They did not keep the appointment and called 1.5 hours late. I did not answer cuz we were in bed. Then today the same young man called again and I said we were not interested in doing business with them if they could not keep a phone appt. He said he was on the sales floor and that is why he was late-Well, during original call said he worked out of his home-so? Anyway, I then wished him well and he got very rude and yelled and said it was not him who needed "luck" it was me who needed luck to sell my timeshares. Oh my! If he treats a person who says no so rude, why would I want to do business with them? Beware!

• Du
    dumb dumb beth Feb 10, 2010

we were dumb once to buy a time share to begin with-why are we dumb twice-high pressure sales can get us to do anything-they keep calling until we give in with pitches full of lies that sound too good to be true and of course they are-there should be a law against this!!!just remember if any company wants you to pay up front it is a scam!!!

• Br
    Brandon mn Feb 17, 2010

I was contacted by a guy named Micah Zenda saking if I wanted to sell my time share. He said he had offers of twice what I paid for it two years ago, and all I had to do was pay him
    $1367.I thought about it for a while, when he called back I told him I didn't want to do it, and he got really mad and turned into an a-hole. He said a bunch of things and hung up the phone. I'm glad I didn't take the bait or I would be out even more money what a sham. DON'T DO IT!!!

MikeLK Feb 25, 2010

If it is the same place, i worked for Timeshare Timeshares By Owner out of Vegas (Parent co in Florida) like 9 or so years ago...and wow, what a horrible scamming company.

They will scam and lie to you...putting make believe supervisors on the phone to help scam you...when they "sell you" they put your $$$ amounts on a chalk board and

have contests who will sell more, which competition is good, but, with the group i worked with, where a co owner worked (so he said he was Florida's operation's owners brother in law) and this

co-owner didnt care what you saud...we had more complaint calls then sales calls it seemed, because they kept adding up...oh, and its not a showroom, but a cheap telemarketing room where

they hire any liar off the street, for minimum wage PLUS a % of the money they get off of you.

• We
    Wereflyn Mar 05, 2010

My husband received a phone call from "Rick" with Timeshare by owners" and told him something a little different then the others. He was told that there clients are people who have already purchased new timeshares from say Hilton Grand Vacations and they get them during their "3 day cancellation period" and offer them the same amount of points for 8K less then they just bought them for and cheaper financing. He said our same timeshare is currently selling for 29K we bought it for 18.9K and that we could expect to sell it for 21K. I told my husband I would do a little research and when I did I found this and another website and when I saw that the number he gave me was a unpublished land line I had my answer. When I called him back I had to leave a message and when he called me back I told him that it all sounded good and that I would be in the Orlando area in a week or two and want to see the office. After a long pause he said that is not how they operate and that the only way would be for me to see the office is to sit through a sales presentation, I said I would love to do that and then I heard bah, bah, bah well I don't know about that. I asked him for the street address of where the presentations were held and he said it doesn't work like that and that I should call him when I was in town. I then told him that "I don't do business that way and that I have done my research and to find another sucker" and hung up...Please do your research and maybe even when you use your property maybe another guest might want to buy your week from you at a discount especially if they use it alot and like it. Just a thought...

• Ka
    Katrice756 Mar 06, 2010

Timeshare By Owner is a business for profit. It is a great service for those who need it or want it. You have to be honest with yourself when making your decisions. If you are wanting out of your timeshare you are most likely going to have to pay someone to advertise/market or do it yourself but most likey you are going to have to put some action into eliminating/changing your obligation. So figure out how much you are comfortable paying and wait on the call. If you not using your time resale companies maybe contacting you. So if you do choose a company know what you want to do so you don't feel pressured. Remember selling anything takes some time. Many people are happy with their timeshares and wouldn't think of selling or renting them out--but everyone dont feel that way. So those who need the service use it. You dont need luck just confidence and being comfortable with why you made your decision. Have a great life.

Dornier Mar 25, 2010

Hey they did the same to me, but after doing some reaserch.I have found out that they are so fraudalent that if you paid with a CC, You can call your CC company and tell them you never authorized wherever payment you made even after a year or two. The CC will reinburse your money and it will leave it up to BS company to dispute it. Now, Since they are a fraud, they won't dispute any charges because of retribution that you may go to the FBI, IRS, DA office in Fl, BBB, and even police and denounce them for their business malpractices. I bet they'll get scare and won't dispute anything.In fact, I asked for the recording message when I wanted to cancel and they couldn't produce one. But even if they did, they won't be able to go after you. Just laugh and throw their lawsuit letters in the trash can.You should google their address on google map and see what you get, and what kind of building(shack) they might have. It may be an office full of thieves with neck ties waiting to be arrested. This is all I can do for now. Unfortunately for me, it may be different because I paid with a debit card and the only thing i can do is call my bank and see what they can do. On the other hand, try to make these ### their lives a living hell! Pass on this info. I figure I have nothing to lose and all I am trying to do is help at get back at these low-life pieces of s***. Let me know how it goes.

Dornier Mar 25, 2010

My experience with a buying a timeshare has not been pleasant one at all. I have decided that the whole timeshare experience is a total reap off. This is how they work: First, you go on vacations to Orlando or any other place where they advertise their services. They are all over the place especially in Orlando. Once they see you or greet you, they try to get you in their "door" by offering you a low rate deal for staying at one of their resorts, and even offer you free tickets to go to Disney with the condition to stay for one of their meetings for half day. They'll tell you it's only for an hour. This is where their business really begin. Once you attend their meetings, they offer you free breakfast that not even the hungry Cubans on a raft lost in the sea will eat. Once you are in their turf, they'll work you and will try anything to persuade you, and eventually convince you to buy a timeshare. Once you have fallen for it, they make it look like you have bought a piece of property in high heaven. They celebrate and make you feel the winner you never felt before. After you leave the paradise still kind of angry, if not disappointed for the time you and your family lost while buying your vacation time it is already to late to go to Disney because of long lines, and once you get there, you'll be lucky if you get in or ride their magical roller coaster at least once. You come home still trying to process what happened in your vacations and what decisions you made along the way. When you buy these time shares you may realize that you have bought a piece of space, not property, and that space is limited depending on what you want to do, or where you want to go and when you want to use it. This is where a lot of people start getting really disappointed because of not being able to take vacations, family problems, miss dates, not having money, etc... Well, this is what the westgate or any other timeshare is exactly what they want. They want you to pay maintenance fees for as long as you own the space, not property. When you decide to rent it for not being able to go for whatever reason at a higher rate to offset expenses for example, then Westgates will make sure to beat any prices in the market, even your prices. They compete with their "family members" by offering the new tourists in Orlando 4 days and several nights for a little less than $ 200.00 and if you bargain, you may even get it for less, but not before being showered with a lot of "invitations" While this is true, Westgate doesn't make money there, instead they hope you go to their fishing net so that you buy a piece of property. They make their money when you buy their properties because they know that once you pay for them, you are pretty much screwed for life until you either give up paying your annual fees or until you sell it if you can. Since you may not rent your property, you are confined to either use it or lose it. The whole purpose in the end is that you'll get tired of paying your bills and end up losing your asset because of not complying with your maintenance fees, let alone the payments that come with it while you are still paying for your mortgage. If you are behind payments, you cannot rent or sale or use your property until the account has been brought to a positive balance. Furthermore, if you don't pay, then a lien is place on your property until you pay with penalties and interests. And here is when the westgate wins big time because whatever you have invested in your property you'll lose it, and they just turn around and sell it to next tourist that is looking to get free Disney tickets. It's a vicious circle. My advise to you is DO NOT BUY timeshares or any other kind of property that you have to pay for a lifetime and doesn't offer a way out of it. I did. That was a mistake and learned from it. It is better to pay for a hotel or even a cheap motel than to stay at one of these places and pay for a mortgage and indefinitely maintenance fees. So the next time you go on vacations with your family, and these clowns approach you on the streets or hotels, at the car rentals, offering you free stuff and free food, just say the magic words: No thank you! I got my own circus to run.

• Nm
    NMY76 Apr 21, 2010

I am SO glad that I read this complaint. I was called by Timeshare by Owner last week. Person called me repeated the same sales pitch 3 times like a broken record. My only question was "how much do you charge" and he kept repeating his sales pitch. He said $1200 or so. I said, I don't have $1200 lying around to just give it to him and hung up. Today, again I received a call and told him that I told some one last week that I am not willing to pay $1200. So the sales person goes, "we can lower it" I asked how much, He said $449. I said, nope, it's still too much and not willing to pay more than couple hundred. Then he puts me on hold and his supervisor gets on the phone. I told him the same thing, "How much", he said he's willing to go at his cost $379 if I give a written testimonial and I agreed. I almost reached out to my wallet to pay, when I thought, it could be a fraud. So then I asked him to send me an email so I can review it. He calls me back in 5 minutes to see if I received an email. At that point I hadn't and i told him "no". He said that he will give it a few minutes and call back. I said, fine. He calls me again in 15 minutes, and I told him that i don't have his email, resend me call me in the morning. After getting off the phone with him, I had an email from him, but i didn't bother calling him back. I was carefully reviewing the email, I noticed the email came from a YAHOO Account "[email protected]". So I am thinking, if this company advertises on TV, Newspaper, Radio and what not, they can't aafford to have a professional email address.. That's when I googled them and found this site. So whoever claims to have good experienced with this company is nothing but a liar. Beware of these companies, i don't care if it's timeshare by owner or any of the B.S companies trying to sell TS. BEWARE OF THESE AhOLES...I don't know if you can see the attached but it's nothing but some sales packet that i received from them...

MikeLK Apr 21, 2010

I worked 4 them, and gave my estimony somewhere b4 around here if you wanna look for it you'll find it...yes, i agree w/ you...very dishonest.

• Au
    autumn315 Apr 29, 2010

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. THEY HAVE SALES REPRESENTATIVE THAT STRONG ARM SUSPECTED CLIENTS. THE PERSON THAT CALLED MY HOME TOOK ADVANTAGE OF MY NEED TO SELL MY TIMESHARE. WHEN I TRIED TO CANCEL WITHIN THE 7 DAYS HE ASSURED ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT HE HAS BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR 6 1/2 YEARS AND HIS SALES RECOVED SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. THERE HAS TO BE AWAY TO STOP THIS COMANIES FROM TAKING ADVANTAGE. I FEEL LIKE A FOOL. I USUALLY GO WITH MY GUT DON'T KNOW WHY THIS TIME I DID NOT. I GUESS THE ECONOMY HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. I WONDER IF THESE SALES PEOPLE SLEEP GOOD AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE.

• Br
    BRSMITH May 05, 2010

TSBO called saying they had a buyer for my timeshare and asked me to pay closing costs of $698 and the buyer would add this to the selling price so the buyer could finance with entire amount. TSBO said we would receive closing paperwork at a later date. After several weeks of not hearing from TSBO I tried calling and kept getting the run around. Finally got someone to tell me that they never had a buyer and did not tell me they did. I would not have given them my credit card to charge $698 if they had not told me they had a buyer. They misled me and no telling how many other folks. No one wants to take responsibility. TSBO told me they would not refund my money.

anotherpoorsucker May 06, 2010

I got screwed by time shares by owner also they are a scam and should all be held accountable for ripping people off. I don't know how these people sleep at night. Same story, they took my money and ran all promises and then nothing. They tell you a price and that they have people wanting to rent and they need people to sign up and you will have responces with in 3 -4 weeks. And then when you call them out on it they lie and say they did not set the price and did not tell you they had buyers for your time share. SAVE YOUR MONEY!! I think we should all start a class action law suite and get these ###.

• To
    Too Many Timeshare Properties May 21, 2010

Late last year I was contacted by Timeshare by Owner to rent some of my timeshare points. I agreed to rent 21, 000 points, or to them this was the equivelant of 3 weeks. To date the points have never been rented. In the last couple of days I have spent a large amount of time with them trying to make arrangements to rent more time share points and to sell three of my time shares. I was guaranteed the time shares would be sold in short order and the rental would be done much quicker with no costs to me. After spending an abundant amount of time with Timeshare by Owner, I was finally told that it would cost in excess of $3000 to list these items. I have paid about $400 last year, and have seen no results. Timeshare by Owner seemed insulted when I said I wasn't sending them any more money. These people are no different than anyone else by whom I have been contacted. They all want front end money to list the properties on the internet, but you never hear back from them. I can list my properties on Craig's list without costing me a thing, and achieve better results than I can by trying to use Timeshare by Owner.
    Signed: Too Many Timeshare Properties

MikeLK May 22, 2010

As you know from my other comments, I workede for them out of Nevada a decade ago...and the company i worked for "Timeshare by Oner" was sooooo bad in meeting the customers needs, actually, the only time they ever "struggled or worked" in any situation was only during the act of trying to get your money...i can list all the tricks used, and taught by management (we were told the owners of the company) is while trying to get your money, once they got your money...THEY TOTALLY FORGET YOU EXIST until your name and number come up again on a telemarketers sheet..thats when u get the calls again...but here's my idea...
    You are al honest and have been cheated...WHY NOT USE "THIS" FORUM TO RENT OUT YOUR TIME SHARES AMONGST YOURSELVES...FOR INSTANCE, SALLY CANT USE HER HAWAII PROPERTY IN MARCH AND SUE CANT USE HERS IN APRIL, WELL, HOOK UP AND "SWITCH" FOR THAT YEAR...LETS MAKE IT ALL TOLERABLE FOR EACHOTHER, AND MAYBE THROUGH THIS, A SALE WOULD BE MADE TOO...LETS NOT DWELL ON THE WRONG WHEN THE ANSWER TO MAKING IT RIGHT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES...
    FOR NOW ON, WHEN YOU MAKE A COMPLAINT HERE, AT THE END OF YOUR COMPLAINT, ADD IN THE LOCATION OF YOUR TIME SHARE AND THE DATES AVAILABLE...MAYBE SOME GREAT LONG LASTING FRIENDSHIPS CAN ALSO BE MADE HERE...WE ALL HAVE SOME THING IN COMMON, AND WE ALL ARE TIRED OF DISHONESTY, AND WE ALL AS A GROUP SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE EACHOTHERS LIVES EASIER!!! THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!
    I DONT HAVE PROPERTY FOR I WAS HERE JUST TO WARN OTHERS, BUT THE MAJORITY OF YOU DO...LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, WE HAD THE ANSWER RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF OUR FACES...GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!! -Mike

• Mr
    Mrs. Foster71 Jun 11, 2010

TSBO is one of the most fraudulent companies out there!!! They called me about 5 months ago asking if i wanted to sell my timeshare...of course I said YES since my family was going through some financial hardships and could definitely use the money. This was the worst mistake ever!!!

The guy on the phone told assured me over and over how desirable my unit was because of its location...for only $1, 200.00 he would help me sell my timeshare...ONLY $1, 200.00! I was definitely hesitant to give him money up front but he just kept insisting on how it would be no problem to have it sold, and that he could guarantee having it sold in as little as 4 weeks. I figured I had to spend a little to make a little, so I ended up giving him my credit information and he said he would call me in a couple of weeks with an update on the buyers...ok so we ALL know what happened here right? ...I never received a call back! (big surprise). I called numerous times and he was never available. I left a MILLION messages!!! NOBODY EVER CALLS ME BACK! My family is struggling to make ends meat in this economy and these [censor] are taking advantage of us! How do they sleep at night?????

With no response, and completely exhausted, I basically gave up. Then I got a call from an advocacy group and they told me they could possibly help me get my money back from TSBO! They DO charge a fee, though! Out of the money they got back for me, they kept a percentage of it...but I mean, who cares? I got back most of my money and as long as Timeshares By Owner doesn't keep a penny of that, it can go to these people that helped me. I suggest you all contact some sort of advocacy group!!! It was a definite blessing. I worked with one out of California called Resort Resale Advocate Group, or you can find one closer to where you live.

I HOPE THIS HELPED AT LEAST ONE PERSON OUT THERE. I'LL BE HAPPY WITH THAT.

• Bi
    Big 315 Jun 18, 2010

I have been with Time Share by Owners for almost a year now. I got all the same promises that every one else got. Then I started getting all the phone calls that they have it sold BUT need more money up front. When I asked them that they did have it sold they started to back track and said it will be sold in 4-5 weeks. They wanted another $1300 to go ahead with it. I said no where the guy got pisssed of and rude to me. His name was Mike Zenda from Fla. Then a couple days ago AI get another phone call from a Janet Mcshane from Time Share by Owners. She said that they had a chance to sell my property. When I asked her how much she wanted to sell my property she said no money at all. That when we first pay for them to addvertise our property that was it. She then told me no one should be asking for more money from Time share by Owners. She gave me a telephone number to call. [protected]. It is to report fraud. then today 6-18-10 Mike Zenda called all nice and said that they had my property sold, BUT needed $299 now to finish the deal. When I tryed to nail him down on it he got very evasive about the details. When I told him about the other phone call from Time share by Owners and was told that no more money comes out from my pocket he went through the roof. I then told him about the number I got he then stared to cuss at me and said to "bring it on" That "their attaorney general was bigger then any one else", for what ever that means. So be carefull out there and do not sign up with Time share by Owners.

• Ge
    Gerald Treadway Jun 24, 2010

I am a former employee of TSBO and Timeshares Direct, same company, and they are the biggest Fraud in this Country, what the real problem is that the Attorney General of Florida has known about this company for years and has done nothing about it, even with the thousands of complaints that have been filed NO Action towards the company has taken place, that leaves more consumers to fall in there clutchs day after day. If you are a consumer with a Timeshare and have been approched by this company, file your complaint with the Attorney General Office in Orlando, Florida, Division of Economic Crimes [protected], State Statute 501, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices. and ask that action be taken towards this company ASAP.

Jerry

Dorita00 Jul 19, 2010

I just got off with customer service agent Brandi. She was completely rude and hung up the phone when I questioned her about how does the comany measure their success? She said they received over 1200 inquiries last week. I said an inquiry is not a sale or a rental. I specifically asked what is their success rate, she did not have an answering saying we only advertise. For an advertising agency, they SUCK!. I signed up last year and yet have had an offer to rent my poperty. Don't believe anything they say. I asked for my money back - she read this long script twice; essentially can't get my money back. I will surely fight this. I am contacting the AG's office in Florida.

• Lu
    luvphilly32 Jul 23, 2010

This company has contacted me no less then eight times in the last month about wanting me to sell or rent my timeshare. I have told them not interested, and they still call. I asked for them to take me off their call list and was told it would cost me $299.00 to be taken off their list, talk about a line of bs. When i told them this the price went up to $899.00 they said it went up because i complained to them. I have now filed a complaint with the Att. General here in the state of Pennsylvania against this company for harrasing me.

MikeLK Jul 23, 2010

u can sue them for real...and they would have to have a rep go to your state or forfeit.

MikeLK Jul 23, 2010

Like i said people, i worked for them...they are truly a dishonest bunch...
    as far as taking you off their list, a college kid filled out all of these "cards" at a mall, and when all the telemarketers ca;lled, he sent notorized letters to them to take him off their list...when they didnt he hit *67 or 69 or some number that would be proof that they called him after he sent them the notorized warning to stop...

the 1st time he gets 50.00 after that the 2nd it went to 1, 500.00 to where the courts order payment so they have to, or they be held to criminal prosecution...NOW THIS WAS ON THE NEWS TOO!!! It got so bad for one company that kept horrid records, they called him like 6 times after that, i knopw the 6th time they said the company settled for low 5 figures...
    this kid put himself through college like this...
    i think its bad to set companies up like that, but i would love to see people set THIS company up like that.
    I can tell you stories, that would be considered horror stories for people like you, but it was hilarious to the idiots who worked thier.
    i dont want to be sued for slander, but i do think its fishy that the AG of Florida hasnt shut him down yet..VERY!!!