Timeshare By Ownerbad service

Timeshares By Owner contacted us a year and a half ago. We were assured that our timeshare located in Scottsdale AZ would sell in a matter of months. We started our property out at $12000 dollars on their recommendation. We have since dropped our price to $999. No calls yet!! We have however received multiple calls from Timeshares By Owner offering to advertise more or sell our property auction style for $800 more. WAIT!!! I already paid them $450 to advertise this property and they can't even do that. Why would I give them more money?!!

DO NOT USE TIMESHARE RESELL COMPANIES OR ADVERTISING COMPANIES. WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF TWICE NOW BY TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES. JUST SAY NO!!

• Ha
    Havaneseboy Dec 30, 2016

I've been contacted several times and each time they ask for money up front by means of credit card, each time I refused. Today I received a call from them and the sales woman said her name was Amanda Askins, she proceeded to entice me with the possibility of making 2500./wk for a couple of my weeks, but again she wanted assurances that i would pay the one time fee of 499.00 for them to rent my weeks and if I had more units later they would be added at no additional cost. I laughed and told her no I would not give my card information over the phone without any guarantee that I would not receive money from the rental. She began to pour on the pressure and I hung up on her. To my surprise seconds later she called back and asked if I wanted to make money or not, I told her that I wasn't looking to lose money with empty promises and hung up again. Beware of the scam artist they are relentless!

• Ga
    Gail Howell Aug 05, 2016

I am so glad that I found out this information before I acted. I was leery about having to pay before any results so I decide to look Timeshares by Owner up on the internet. I thought it was a scam.

• Ca
    Carlos 139 Nov 24, 2015

Hi Everybody
    I saw your message on the complaints board regarding the company Time Shares By Owner, and specifically the name Joshua Schmidt. I believe this is the same man who is living at a rental property of mine.

I started looking the name up and doing internet research after he started defaulted on his rental payments. At the moment he has pulled every trick in the book to avoid payment, accusing me of providing him with inadequate accommodation, he is also making up false repairs which he wants to charge me for, he tried to pass me a bill for repairs when in fact when we checked the breakdown it was a set of tools for his personal use, nothing to do with the allege repair.

When we confronted him with the tool invoices and requested that he adhered to the rental agreement, which stipulates any repairs need to be approved and carried out by a qualified tradesman he became rude, abusive and threatened me that I will have to take him to court in order to evict him and that he will make me spend as much/ as possible in the eviction. it turned out that the invoice he presented was fake, now he accuses me of creating the invoice myself to try to incriminate him! this man is a 100% certified scu^bag of the worst kind.

I have done some more research on him and the companies he purports to currently own, a web design company and a plastic surgery clinic are fake. He lives a life of luxury, living in a luxury rental accommodation currently free at my expense, drives a brand new Range Rover SUV worth $100, 000 etc etc.

Feel free to contact me for more details. [email protected]

Carlos Lopez-Barillas

• Pr
    Prove me wrong Apr 11, 2015

The most recent episode with this company: The rep became impatient with me after I told him firmly several times that I was not putting another penny into this company. He said, "If you want this TS sold we're going to do it under MY terms, not yours."

Really? Um-bye!

• Ni
    ninaloo Apr 11, 2015

This company also contacted me numerous times and I finally called them back. After telling the salesperson that I was not interested in paying an upfront fee, he told me he would give me his supervisor. I listened to the supervisor for about 20 minutes and he answered quite a few questions. I was almost prepared to go ahead with it after I said to him I wanted to see a copy of the contract and check out the company on line first. This is when the 'supervisor - Chris Maggi' came up with the problems of why it would be difficult for me to re-contact them after an 'hour' - because I wanted to check out their company (a normal consumer precaution). He wanted my credit card number now and of course they would not charge me until I signed the papers. I saw no need to give a card number until my decision was firm. At that time, he tried putting a lot of pressure on me. I again told him I would not give any card number, but if he called back in an hour after I read the contract, checked BBB and on-line reviews, then I could finish a deal. He became belligerent, basically saying I did not understand his process, saying I couldn't find anyone else to help me sell it anyway, and in the end he said, "We don't need your business at Timeshares By Owners. Call me back only if your serious." Well he had me 90% sold until his disrespectful attitude and that's when I started seriously looking for reviews. This supervisor needs customer relation skills updates and the company should expect that intelligent consumers will want to check out their company. Buyer beware!!!

• Pr
    Prove me wrong Sep 02, 2014

I'm suppose to be getting a call from Nic Nagley this morning. He called me a week ago and said I HAD to get back to him that day because he had someone waiting to buy my TS. We played phone tag all week and when we talked on Friday, he told me that my TS situation was such a "mess" and he was the only one from the company that was assigned to these kinds of tough sells. I told him he had only 10 minutes with me on the phone because I was expecting company, but he wasted that time telling me some sob story about him recovering from a very rare disease and that's why he didn't get back to me sooner. He wanted $3, 999.00 to bump my advertising into corporate status and said Wyndham resorts would buy it and it was risk free cuz he could rent out 3 weeks for $1, 500 a week and I could cancel in 10 days if that didn't happen, but I had to decide by 6:00 p.m. that night.
    When my guests arrived I told him I had to go so he said he would call back at 6:30 (hmmm...30 minutes after the deadline he just gave me?) When he called back, I was unable to take the call so he left a message that the deadline was extended to today, 9-2, because there was a gas leak in their building and they all had to evacuate. (how convenient) So, if he calls today, and I'm unable to return his call, I wonder what lie he will use to extend the offer again...? I have been scammed before, and have more money invested in this TS than what it's worth. When Nic calls, the number comes up under the name Wayne Levy, which is the person who got $2, 084 from me from a company called Resort Realty Group (RRG). When I asked Nic about it, he said, "oh, that's because I took over Wayne's job". So do all these companies live under the same rock? (I mean, roof?) After reading the reviews
    I think the small handful of satisfied customers were paid out with the millions of $$s that the rest of us contributed by being scammed. Over the weekend, I did some research and I will be ready for Mr. Nagley if he calls today...if indeed that is his real name.

• Ro
    Rose Johnson Hunter Jun 19, 2014

i gave in and decided to give them a try, they said they had ppl waiting to purchase these types of timeshare that i own. well i paid a 399.00 fee (stupid me) and its been 2mos. now and i have had no offfers. i called the rep after 1mo.to complain and he said it takes up to 3mos. to get bids. if it was in such high demand it would not take this long. i am going to try to get my money refunded as i've only made 3($50.00) credit card payments so far. I amm not satisisfied with this type of bussiness at all.I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but i don't think so.

• Ro
    Rosie99 Apr 28, 2014

I saw these negative comments and almost didn't do business with them. I was thinking it may be other companies doing it being they have such a good track record been in business 16 years and won awards so I went with my gut feeling and did it. 4 months later I am timeshare free! I promised to write a good review sonic nobody wants to go write good stuff when it happens!~so happy!

• Po
    Poor Business Apr 06, 2014

The service is horrible and had all the same complaints as stated before. The fact that they cannot return a call for any reason is beyond poor business and they need to be investigated. I had an individual from the same company asking for more money as well and when I explained you cannot do what you said within a year, they went on the defensive and stopped taking my call

• Cr
    cris84 Mar 28, 2014

There are a lot of scams in the timeshare industry due in part in that there are lot of desparate people who want to get rid of their timeshares. Before going to a company to help you sell your timeshare, you may consider just listing it yourself. There are free sites where you can list it as well as sites that charge a nominal fee.

Mikki P Dec 12, 2013

Yes I have been scammed also by timesharesbyowner. Wished I would have read these reviews before I signed on. It will not happen again. Told me I have 10 days to cancel, Guess what hopefully I can get my money back. I too was not really promised it would sell but, made it sound like within a week or two i would have offers coming in. it's been 7 days now, not a one. Thank you all for writing the TRUTH about TSBO..

• Me
    Melly211 Jul 01, 2013

Okay, Mr. Jeffery Frantz, CEO of Timeshares By Owner...I first listed with TSBO a number of years ago for $599. Since then - with NO calls OR inquiries regarding rental NOR sales coming my direction!!! - I have been solicited by numerous persons representing one form of a "timeshare by owner" or another stating that for a little more of my money they could do a little of this or that for me. I have, stupidly a number of times and unsuspectingly taken advantage of another time, fallen for the sales - speak. The people you and your company (along with a few other companies) place on the phones to do this type of "smooshing, cajoling, sweet-talking, etc." are good at what they do. Oh, no, wait!!! They are NO good at what they are saying they are going to do which is what I - and MANY others are paying for them to do - and that is to sell our timeshares!!! Oh, I have talked with sooo many that have "talked the talk" BUT I would LOVE for once to have someone "walk the talk" they are so willing to do to those of us who just want a plain, simple, and HONEST service provided to us!!!

• Bk
    bk11west Jan 02, 2013

My original dealings with TSBO were with Mr. White, and the practices were the same, promise buyers and a quick sale and hear nothing again. My listing was even dropped and I had to call back to have it appear in the database - I figured that is the least I can expect for my money. My biggest problem is that the phone pitch and marketing do not match the true service, and that is palin wrong. Once they have your money then they defend themselves by indicating they are merely an advertising service.

jako Dec 18, 2012

Hi there.
    I was contacted many times with regards to selling my timeshares. I was pissed when they told me it would cost $500 for each one to be sold. I have 5 different ones so it would cost me $2500 to just list it. That is idiotic to think I need to pay for placing an add to sell something that is worth $60, 000. That's what they make you believe. I did not fall for the scam but the most recent call was to list them for $99 each. So that is $500 for all 5. What a great deal, eh? Still did not fall for it. I said for them to call back the next day. I'll see if they do. Sorry to hear all these sad stories about people being taken but I do thank the Lord for this site about how much a fraud Timesharesbyowners happens to be.
    It is sites like these that help get the info out there about ### like these out of business.

Mawsquaw Oct 01, 2012

I agree wholeheartedly with every thing that has been said about Time Share By Owner. They lie and pressure you into doing something you really don't want to do. But the worst part was they made me feel like had to do it. I had no choice. I am sick of the whole thing and wish I were a lot smarter when this whole thing started. I just wanted to do something good for my husband and I. The contract I had said I could cancel in 10 days I cancelled in 3. I got a phone call stating I couldn't do that and was informed they tell everyone they will get a full credit but it is a LIE. He didn't say it was a lie but he smooth talked me into continuing with the program.

Mawsquaw

• Hc
    H.Cook Sep 24, 2012

In '08 I received a call from TSBO saying that they had a buyer if I wanted to sell? Mr. C.Smith really was a great salesman!!He told me that for $1, 297.00 he could sell it. I agreed after many calls and he listed my 2 timeshares. For 2 years I was turned over to 5 different agents, all who said they were the one who could sell it. In Dec. of '10 Ms Stilner said she was the best sales gal there, and for another payment of $1, 846.00 she would have it sold within 3 months. I always had to call her, as sometimes she'd return my calls but mainly never heard from her. Being a recent widow I had a lot on my mind and sort of put TSBO on the back burner. Then 8 months later on 8-11I got a call from a Mr. Harris who said he had moved over to the Flagler Bch. office and it being a new place he had several "hot offers" for me. He even went as far as to say he could have my 2 units sold in a few weeks. But he would need to put in a new ad and it would cost me $2, 434.00 I hesitated for days then after several calls from him I agreed. Then nothing for 4 months, he, as all the others never returned my calls.Then few days later Ms. King called and said Mr. Harris was so busy with closings she had agreed to take over for him. Bear in mind that he had my $2, 434.00 and had done nothing.She told me that she had worked for TSBO for many yearsand was a superior sales person. Give her a few weeks and before my credit card bill for the next month came in I would have my check. She said that we should raise the price, and she had the person ready to buy. She only needed $3, 371.00 and because we had raised the price it wouldn't cost me anything! Stupid, desperate me I fell for her scheme. And another 4 months went by with nothing to hear from her at all! By then had TSBO on my speed dial, and I had called everyone that was affilated with themNo on could help me..In 4-12 recieved a call from a Ms. McClendon apologizing for all the mess, and all the money I had given to them . Now listen to this please!! I was told that these last 3 people really weren't from TSBO!!! They were all digruntled x-employees who worked in Orlando but had moved to FRAGLER BEACH, opened a office and used the TIMESHARE BY OWNERS name. Fraud as I've ever seen ! I called Kevin White, e-mailed and called several more in Orlando office.Was told they were under investigation. This Ms. McClendon is in the Jacksonville office. We spend hours on phone for days, she kept apologizing and said for $1, 295.00 she would sell both in a very shorttime. She had very rich clients, and because of her great reputation as a sales person she would be the one to sell my 2 units. She also said that they were priced too high, so we raised the price on both. That was on 4-16-12 and I never heard from her again. I called her last week 9-17 and she had an excuse as they all did. All of these people are scammers .thieves, dishonest horrid people. Keep away from anyone who is from TSBO and don't be stupid as I was.

Jozzle Mar 08, 2012

Jeffrey Frantz of TSBO stated on this site 30 JUN 2011 "the way to get out of a timeshare is through a company called Take My Timeshare Fast! Call Amie Smith at [protected]." She is an employee of TSBO and has contacted me to rent my timeshare giving me her License # TP5199 and her company License# TC920245 which is registered to Timeshares Direct Inc. Her contact numbers are [protected] Ext. 203, cell [protected]. The address of Take my timeshare fast! is the same address as TSBO and is listed at the BBB as as an alias for Resort Owner Protection Services, LLC (aka Take my Timeshare Now & Exchange my timeshare now) of which Jeffrey is a Managing Member. I was lucky not to get caught by these crooks, the information is out there, just follow the links. I found listed on http://www.leg.state.fl.us several 2012 Legislative Lobbyists representing the principle of Timeshares Direct, Inc. d/b/a Timeshares By Owners, namely (Michael Colodny, Nicole H. Fried, Fred E. Karlinsky, Trevor Mask, Timothy F. Stanfield, and Katherine S. Webb) which may explain why these people are evading justice. Follow the money!!!

• Li
    LieToMeSomeMore Dec 26, 2011

Check out this website. http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/timeshares-direct-in-orlando-fl-1068821
    Alternate Business Names: Timeshares By Owner, Timeshares By Owner of California, Timeshares By Owner of Central Florida, Timeshares By Owner of Daytona Beach, Timeshares By Owner of Flagler Beach, Timeshares By Owner of Jacksonville, Timeshares By Owner of Miami-Dade, Timeshares by Owner of Orange County CA, Timeshares By Owner of Volusia County. Why does a "legitimate" business have to operate under so many different names?
    If all calls were really recorded, then all of these people; (Mr Michael Klimek (General Manager), Mr Kevin A White (Consumer Analyst / Manager Customer Service), Mr. Jeffrey Frantz (CEO), Mrs Jana Lee Klimek (President), Mr. Gregory Taylor (Vice President), are well aware and completely support the actions of TBSO's employees.

I can't wait to start my own company like TBSO where I can adopt their solid business practices of not returning client calls, not answering client emails, being rude to clients, let clients know that they have a lifetime program so if we sell your property or you die (which ever comes first) it is still a win/win deal for us, and we will make sure that every rep receive your account because we need to have new ways of taking your money from you.

By the way, it has been two months now and I am still waiting for Mr. Kevin A. White to answer my email that he very conveniently did not receive along with the information forwarded to him by Brandi Peet for further investigation into the "I already have a buyer" business practices.

MikeLK Dec 20, 2011

As my 2nd note, the cheapest and best way to go, buying or selling...find the place u like for free (craigsslist...etc...) and pay an attorney a couple hundred bucks TOPS to check the validity of the sale. If selling, offer these services to the buyer and tack it on the cost or allow them to use there own attorney...but hire your own attorney to check the validitiy of the buyers attorney.
    Also, if renting, contact travel agents. They r aware of timeshare rentals...show them photo's...offer it cheap and offer the agent a higher % at first like 20 to 25%, theyd jump onit...and if its a great plave people like to rent, by year 3 you will get top dollar and can lower your % to maybe 10 to 15% tht you offer the agent, once your place was established as "the place to be".

MikeLK Dec 20, 2011

Also, as a footnote, whoever wrote that about Protimeshares most definitely seems like their competition, who else would know all of this including their injunction and they havent even had there 2nd day yet...see how many law suits Protime competitors have, who they themselves are mostly all just telemarketers...read all of my posts since the begining, im an ex employee whistle blower here on this forum.

MikeLK Dec 20, 2011

OK PEOPLE, , , IT'S ME AGAIN.
    THERE ARE OTHER WAYS...IT'S CALLED CRAIGSLIST.
    YOU CAN PAY FOR A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY WHICH WOULD BE CHEAPER TO VALIDATE THE LEGAILITY OF ANY DEAL BEFORE IT GOES DOWN...IM NOT SURE BUT I DONT THINK REAL ESTATE AGENTS DEAL W/ TIMESHARES, BUT IF THEY DID, YOU CAN BUY AND OR SELL CHEAPER W/ EVEN THEM INVOLVED, BUT EVEN WITH OUT THEM, LOOK FOR A PLACE AND HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO CHECK THE VALIDITY, PROB COSTS A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS...MAYBE MAKE A DEAL WHERE U PAY LIKE 2X THAT AMOUNT, BUT GET UP TO 4 PROPERTY CONTRACTS LOOKED AT, OR WHERE HE/SHE WILL BE LEGAL AND REP YOU ON THE SALE TOO NOT ONLY PURCHASE.
    ANOTHER WAY TO GO IS SEE IF LOCAL TRAVEL AGENCIES WILL USE YOUR "GET A WAY" AS A MEANS FOR GUESTS TO RENT. SHOW THE TRAVEL AGENT YOUR OPEN DAYS AND GIVE A RATE AND LET THEM TAKE THERE 10% OR WHATEVER IT IS, IF YOU GET HAPPY CUSTOMERS, BY YEAR 3 YOU MIGHT BE GETTING TOPO DOLLAR BECAUSE OF THE HAPPY CUSTOMERS!!! YOU DONT NEED AAAAAANY OF THESE PEOPLE!
    -MIKE

Jeffrey TSBO Dec 20, 2011

Protimeshare resales is an unlicensed telemarketing company that is operating illegally. They have a lawsuit for an injunction filed against them. Their first day of operation is today! They have never advertised for any owner and they have never published a timeshare dealer magazine. They will be closed fast. Don't waste your money.

• I recommend using Protimeshareresales.com. I am a former employee of Timeshares by Owner and I recently found out they were making their employees pitch services that they aren't providing to our clients. I refuse to work for a company that needs to lie in order to get clients. If you want the job to get done go to Protimeshareresales.com. They are the only company in this industry that will do what they say the will do. Thank you for your time.

MikeLK Oct 12, 2011

Please excuse the multiple typos above, my keyboard seems to be needing replacement.

MikeLK Oct 12, 2011

OK, I said i would never post here again unless i hear more "BS"...When i worked for them the mngr running office who said he was owners brother in law and he too owned a share, told us when people want to speak to the supervisor, just put any one on to handle the problem...he said this makes the customer feel better that they spoke to a supervisor and if that person makes a deal both "salesman" split the commission...they used to laugh their ### off when a phony supervisor makes a sale, specially whn it was from someone that had already paid once already and was promised better service for more money...Legal Dept???? We had none i ever saw...even the salesman u speak to are only telemarketers trying to line their p[ockets with commission from the money they pay you. And all you people who paid mony, that amount is on a script, you probably couldda had it lowerd 75% if you tried, i seen them trying to what i calll "squeezing nickels" from everyone the telemarketers can. Yes, they all laughed at you...BUT, maybe they are more honest now...Do you want to know what you can do? You need to ask what law enforcement agency they made their complaint to, then contact them, NOT by any detectives number someone gives you but look it up on the internet and speak to someone there, they will have a record of the complaint(s) and will be able to look it up by Timeshares By Owners name and tell you if this complaint was really mae, then send the DA a copy of this forum if there wasnt but the attorney gen of florida I WAS TOLD (not saying its true) is not the most honest or reliable source when it comes to Time Share By Owner complaints...Bribes of money? because of favors? nepitism? maybe it was a false statememnt? who knows, just passing info.

Jeffrey TSBO Oct 11, 2011

Dear Cindy: Who at Timeshares By Onwer have you been dealing with? Many companies are calling our owners and stating that they are our "finance" arm or our "closing" department. We have reported them to law enforcement and if this is another instance, I will forward this incident to them as well. If any of our sales people have said that there is a buyer for YOUR timeshare, they will be punished. If they said that we have buyers but NOT for your timeshare at the present time, than they are stating the truth. Thanks. Jeffrey Frantz, CEO

• Ci
    Cindy R G Oct 11, 2011

Was contacted by TSBO on my Dad's T/S and was told they had interested renters that were also possible buyers. The $29.99 initialization fee had already been paid. When I asked her how since I handle all my Dad's finances, she said she didn't know because she wasn't in the legal department. I suggested maybe he went to the bank and purchased a money order. She said that is probably what happened. Now, the balance of $1, 298.00 was due for the advertising, listing, etc. Told her I would have to talk to my husband and I would call her back. The next days conversation unveiled another lie as I found out that not only did my Dad did NOT send them any money, but that they were going to charge his credit card that was required to give at time of initializing the transaction. I told them after cancelling all the credit cards and destroying them after my Mom's death 18 months ago, where did they get any credit card information. The "supervisor" I had already spoken with "kindly" provided a Senior Discount and a Hardship Discount due to a recent death in the family reducing the amount to $699. Plus after checking with their legal department, if there really is one, said they waived the fee AND they don't accept money orders. Hmmm, interesting. I almost fell for this one. I am so glad I kept pressing them and telling them I was not going to pay anything up front again like my Mom had been doing for years and got them into so much credit card debt that was paid off by a home equity loan, that still has 4 years to pay on, on a house that was paid off 11 years ago. ###, frauds, liars. I, too, don't know how they sleep at night.

Jeffrey TSBO Sep 22, 2011

Thanks for your kind words! Jeffrey Frantz, CEO. We have the best program out there.

MikeLK Sep 22, 2011

ssems you got a winner, and this is my last post here unless a comment i see made towards me, but there r many free sites to sell/rent your timeshares...and read "their" ratings...way smoother. GLE

MikeLK Sep 22, 2011

seems you got a winner, but the entire place where i worked incl mngr and GM (who said he was owners brother in law, true or not)...i will no longer write here unless I see something directed about me, but there are FREE sites to sell or rent your timeshares from, and they tell you the scams to look out for, basically contacting the place you intend to rent before you pay can end all of that fraud, and if selling, well, you should have an agent involved to keep it kosher...not too many free sites, but there are quite a few. And they might say "we have customer service" but really, what do they do, you aare the one to do the leg work regardless which way you go...BYE and good luck all.

• Be
    be4real2578 Sep 22, 2011

I had a great experiance with time shares by owner. My agent was very forward about the process. He explained to me that there are no gurantee for how long it will take to sell my timeshare. but he also reminded me that if i didnt advertise it. it was guarenteed not to sell. my agent returns my calls. his name is George Cochran by the way. and he always more than willing to give me all the info i request on my marketing. if i could change anything about timeshare sales companies, i would ask them not to tell me my timeshare will sell in a couple of months. George told me it could happen quick, or it could take a long time. he also told me exactly how many units from my resort that they had and i confermed it. Thats a realistic sales aproach. I also spoke with Brandy in customer service.She was very nice, and she said that knobody ever complains about George. for all of you who have fallen victim to scams. I want you to Know. its not the company thats the problem. ITS GREEDY DIRT BAG AGENTS. Timeshares by Owner Has Both. Based on my experience, they work hard to provide a good service.

MikeLK Sep 16, 2011

Sir, I have seen that you have posted 24 complaints recently calling many companies scams etc. I hope that you get the help you need.
    HEY, ITS 24 COMMENTS BUT NOT MANY, ONLY 2 COMPANIES, AND I INVESTIGATED AND GOT YA BOTH...I HOPE YOOOOU GET THE HELP YOUUUU NEED, THEN MAYBE YOU CAN HELP THE THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS OTHERS MADE ON YOU GUYS.

MikeLK Sep 16, 2011

TO CEO JEFFREY...YOUR BOSS WILL BE READING YOUR LIES NOW. ALSO, 24 COMMENTS ON COMPLAINT BOARD, YES, 2 COMPANIES, THIS AND ANOTHER...AND IN BOTH CASES I PROVED MY CASE...MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT PONDER ON MY 24 COMMENTS AND PONDER ON YOUR 5 FIGURES WORTH OF COMPLAINTS REGARDING YOU AND YOUR COMPANY FROM ENDLESS COMPLAIN BOARDS, PHONE CALLS, ARTICLES...ETC...AND DONT WORRY ABOUT ME GETTING HELP I NEED, TRY HELPING OTHERS THAT NEED "YOUR" HELP, WITHOUT LYING, JUST TRY IT!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THIS MUST BE READ:
    I CALLED THE 1800 # FROM YOUR TIMESHARES BY OWNER WEBSITE AND ACTED LIKE A "SO HAPPY" CUSTOMER OF THE PAST...GUESS WHAT MR CEO??? NOT ONLY DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR OPERATION IN LAS VEGAS, BUT THE RECEPTIONIST (WHO FOR SOME REASON WOULDN'T TELL ME HER NAME WHEN I CALLED) GAVE THE TEL# FOR YOUR LAS VEGAS OPERATION, THAT SHE SAYS IS STILL OPERATING AND RUNNING (THESE ARE THERE TELEMARKETERS WHO ARE GLORIFIED SALESMAN/TELEMARKERS/WHATEVER)...
    SO I CALLED THE MAIN OFFICE IN KISSISSIMMIEE FLORIDA AND THEY PUT ME ON WITH THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY, I HATE TO SAY THIS, HE'S A NICE GUY...AND MAYBE I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT THE COMPANY DOES CARE MORE ABOUT GETTIN YOUR CASH THEN SELLIN YOUR TIMESHARES, BUT AS FAR AS THE JOKING ABOUT IT PART, ME AND THIS GUY TALKED AND I FEEL HE JUST SIMPLY NEEDS TO CLEAN HOUSE AND IN THIS ECONOMY HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND MORE PEOPLE WILLING TO WORK AND GET YOUR MONEY, BUT ALSO WORK ON WAYS ON SELLING YOUR TIMESHARES OTHER THEN A WEBSITE THATS NOT EVEN #1 ON A GOOGLE SEARCH...BUT YES, I WAS RIGHT, I DID WORK FOR THEM, THEY WERE IN VEGAS AT THAT TIME SO ALL I SAID IS KOSHER AND TRUE AND I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY WORDS I SAID!!!
    SO THE CEO ABOVE IS EITHER LYING OR MISINFORMED, BUT BEING A CEO AS HE CLAIMS, I CALL "HIM NOT KNOWING THIS" A WORD THAT "CAN" MAKE ME LIABLE SO I WONT SAY IT. TRUTH IS IF U WERE ALREADY SCREWED, CONCENTRATE MORE NOT ON YOUR LOST MONEY, BUT PUT YOUR ENERGY IN TO SELLING IT, RENTING IT, AND GETTING OUT OF FINANCIAL RUIN "AND THEN" CONCENTRATE ON SETTING THIS COMPANY STRAIGHT...YOUR WELL BEING IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN REVENGE".
    I ALSO FEEL ITS IN MY BEST INTEREST TO KEEP THESE WORDS NOW ON RECORD, BUT I'M DONE COMPLAINING, FOR I WAS SCREWED BY THEM TOO, THEY DOCKED CASH FROM ME FOR DUMB REASONS THAT I COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHEN THEY KEPT IN THEIR LARGE GROUP (MANAGER WAS THE LEADER OF THIS GROUP) LAUGHIN ABOUT RIPPIN YOU OFF AND ALL I DID WAS COMPLAIN ABOUT PEOPLE LAUGHING SO LOUD I COULDNT HEAR MY CALLERS, AND MADE EXCUSES TO DOCK MY PAY WHEN HE COULD...THEY DIDNT WANT ME THERE...OH WELL. PEOPLE PONDERING TO DO BUSINESS W/ THEM...MY ADVICE IS IF YOU ARE SELLING FIGURE OUT DIFFERENTLY, IF YOU ARE RENTING, WELL, MAYBE OFFER THEM CONTRACTS, I STRESS CONTRACTS, WHERE THEY GET PAID WHEN ITS RENTED...ACTUALLY, I MIGHT BE TALKING WITH INVESTOR FRIENDS REGARDING A NEW COMPANY THAT MIGHT WORK IN THAT FASHION...ONE LAST THING, BE CAREFUL, DONT PUSH THESE PEOPLE, I AM NOT INSINUATING ANYTHING, BUT HE SEEMED LIKE SEVERAL RELATIVES OF MINE, AND SOME OF MY RELATIVES, WELL, THEY AREN'T BOYSCOUTS...AND LEGAL-WISE THEY DO HAVE $$$ TO FIGHT ANYONE IN COURT, AND AS FAR AS FLORIDA'S ATTORNEY GEN, WELL, I DIDNT HEAR GREAT THINGS ABOUT HIM. REMEMBER THIS THOUGH, THEY DIDNT STICK YOU W/ THE MORTGAGE, YOU DID THIS, YOU MADE YOURSELF RESPONSIBILE FOR THE YEARLY PAYMENT FOR YOUR TIMESHARE TOO, NOT THEM...THEY ONLY GOT YOU FOR THE ONE FEE...EITHER TAKE IT AS A LOSS OR TRY TO WIN THEM WITH HONEY, NOT VINEGAR OR TAKE THE LOSS OR BE CREATIVE, RENT IT TO CO-WORKERS...MAYBE EVEN GIVE IT FOR FREE TO CO-WORKERS AS A GIFT, LIKE YOUR BOSS, A MOVE LIKE THAT CAN PROVE INVALUABLE IN OTHER WAYS!!!...BUT THIS WHOLE WORLD IS BUYER BEWARE, DONT FORGET IT.
    PS: I AM SO GLAD I WAS RIGHT ABOUT WHAT I WROTE IN OTHER COMMENTS, ALL TRUE.

MikeLK Sep 16, 2011

Things are great now...heres the gig though, I have my pay stubs, I have what you wrote here...if they match, and believe me, our home office WAS in florida under the same name, now these people have proof of fraud and theft through deceipt and no matter who is attny gen of florida or whatever, its "interstate" theft through fraud and now i believe its federal i think...if i am wrong, for i said i might be (though i said that to protect myself, but i dont think im wrong) i will apologize, but i really dont believe I am. I remember several companies had names so close to each other too, but i remember the name at this time truly being Timeshares By Owner...I will report back here by mid next week the latest (maybe tonight if i can find my tax stuff later today).

Jeffrey TSBO Sep 16, 2011

I am Jeffrey Frantz, the CEO of Timeshares By Owner. We simply did not have an officee in Las Vegas at that time. Even now, we have a single salesperson that we have allowed to work from home. No office, or brother in law. I am sorry that this experience with the company you worked for is so unpleasant. It is almost 10 years and hope things have gotten better for you. Wishing you all the best!

MikeLK Sep 16, 2011

I do not know why my comment above came out so badly, so here is the short version. I worked for Timeshares By Owner. Managemment was dishonest. Employees were dishonest. Every single day there was high fiving and celebrating if you got people u already screewed to pay more, and in a case i remember they said they got same person 3 tomes on same property...laaaaughing, words like "suckers" was used. ABOVE the CEO writes: "I am the CEO of Timeshares By Owner and I want to respond to the previous post. Keri Stiltner is the real name of the sales person that you were speaking with. Our sales people see the millions of dollars of offers that we transmit to our owners each month, and so they know we are not "swindlers". ...at least when I worked there, this was NOT TRUE, we actually had no idea or anyway of knowing except from the flood of complaints coming in...i dont think i remember one happy customer from any sales people since i worked there, on the contrary, the only thing that mattered was your money, and the prices were anything, we were told to put customers on hold, act like we talked w/ manager, who sometimes we just put anothersalesman on the phone acting like a manager, giving a special deal..we could have done this ourslves, but were told to put someone else on, it adds to "the effect"...oh, and nobody there were professional salesman, mostly down and out looking telemarketers who didnt care or had to pay the rent...i needed the money bad but still quit, i couldnt take the dishonesty...oh, we were told key words to say to even make the elderly or the people about to lose there timeshares even more scared in to purchasing their fee for doing squat...OH< AND AWARD WINNING SITE? I CAN OPEN A CHEAP SITE AND WIN AN AWARD FROM DIFFERENT "COMPANIES" TOO...Haha. Believe me people, you most likely are not only right about what you think, but my guess its even worse, in my opinion from working for Timeshares by Owner in Las Vegas (which we were told its the same as florida, we even called there) that yes, you are being literally ripped off, at least it was like that when i worked there.

MikeLK Sep 16, 2011

Really? Who ran Timeshares by owner in Las Vegas, NV?
    Unless another company had the same exact name, there was a telemarketing "operation" for a company I remember being called "Timeshares By Owner"...I have a way to find out...and HONESTY was never a matter that counted more then the money...He said his brother in law owned the majority of the company out of Florida...were you the owner of Timeshares By Owner back in the early 2000's (2000 maybe till 2002)...for i had a little contact with Florida part of the company too...wow, you want to talk about not giving a sh-t about your customers, out in the open including management...haha, i can tell you horror stories, couldnt live with myself after working there just a few months i had to quit...at one point i remember visiting to see if my final check was there (they made us wait 6 months for your final check) and at that time it was only 1 telemarketer working that day and the manager...dishonesty was practiced OPENLY! I am not liable for saying this, It at least "was" the truth back then...we had ###s working there laughing about the suckers they screwed out of money, then screwed them again 3 months alter for more...and a guy said he got someone 3 times and boy, even the manager (who claimed part ownership or his brother in law was owner) celebrated this, with people making comments basically calling the customers suckers, in fact, i remember stories now that i am thinking abouit it, that made me sick to my stomach, hence, my quitting. Once again, I am pretty sure the name of the company was Timeshares by owner...if you call me a liar or say I am wrong, I will check my old tax forms, but if i go through the trouble, I will be writing here ALL the BS I seen and heard during my short employment.

Jeffrey TSBO Sep 16, 2011

I am Jeffrey Frantz, the CEO of Timeshares By Owner. I am sorry that you received calls you did not want. TSBO has an internal do not call list. If you place your name on this list. You will not get calls.
    We have the best and most successful program in the business. We have an award winning web site, our Timeshare Trader magazine distributed to thousands of resort location, and our own radio show.