Timber Lodge RV ResortRelease from membership

T

I made a grave mistake in dealing with this person. This is a membership at a campground in Waverly TX. By having this membership I was allowed to use the campgrounds at Resort Parks International. I no longer have a need for this membership. In 2006 I did not send in the annual dues. I was subsequently dunned by a collection agency and told by James Jerde that I had to pay the dues the rest of my life and my heirs were responsible for 3 generations thereafter. They said they would ruin my credit rating if I did not comply so I have paid the dues for [protected] but I have not used the membership. I have sent registered letters to Timber Lodge RV resorts stating that: 1. My Initiation fee is paid in full. 2. My dues/maintenance are current; 3. I do not want to be a member of your club; 4. I will no longer use any of your facilities or services; 5. I will not pay any future dues or maintenance fees. And to cancel my membership Immediately. I have received no response but know that when I do not pay that they will try to harass me again.

More Timber Lodge RV Resort Complaints & Reviews

• De
    Deb disappointed Dec 24, 2019

They saved my bank information and took dues out before due without my permission. I had told them I was canceling my membership.

• Ji
    Jim Middleton Nov 08, 2019

I'm in the same situation as everyone else! we purchased the membership in 2007 when traveling fulltime from another couple, and having family in the Houston area we thought the park in New Waverly would be a nice stopping place. We haven't used the park since 2009, but heard in 2011 they starting closing the park in the summer months due to high utility charges. As a charter member utilities were included in your stay. So, I decided to terminate the membership by not paying my dues and like others had Monterrey collections harassing me and yes even though I paid the membership fee and penalty it was placed on my credit and it stayed there for seven years. I would love to be a part of any kind of group situation going against this criminal owner and company. I live in Texas and what they are doing is holding everyone hostage and it should be illegal.

• Le
    Lee Smith Turner Aug 02, 2018

I'm in the same condition as the rest of TLR members. Is there any way all of us can get together and do a class action suit against TLR? We have tried many times to just give them back our membership, we don't want any money or anything else from them, they can have it . 4 years ago I had to stop camping and travelling and no longer have camping equipment. If anyone has any info please contact us by email, our email address is [email protected]

• 56
    568 Sep 24, 2015

I am going through the same problem now. I have notified the BBB in Minnesota. They have done all they can do, but TLR refuses to except my canceling. They want me to pay and additional $599. They want to know my personnel business and Health info. Jim Jerde now will not answer any call from my phone. I have been with them for 4 years and now do not need it. He told BBB that I joined for 10years, which is not in the contract. I am paid in full to date. I tried to cancel the CCC, but they said it had to go through TLR. Which they charge me $99/yr. then RPI charges $79/yr and finally TLR charges $99. I guess it never stops. Well I am going tomorrow and hand everything over to my Attorney. I would rather pay him $500 then TLR. What really make me mad. Is the State of Minnesota allows scam artist to operator in their state. This business needs to be shutdown and someone go to prison.

• To
    TomDu4 Feb 14, 2015

Same complaint here. Unfair and deceptive trade practices. I was told by the salesman this is a great deal and I would save lots of money using this membership - the first year of savings would pay for the membership. After 15, 000 miles of traveling this country over the last two years, I have had no use for this membership and no savings. They never seem to be located where my travels took me. The one place that was in our path offered us a better rate than if we were to use the membership. The so called "resort" in Texas is little more than a dirt field with utilities and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered a "resort". It is my opinion they have miss represent what the membership is and what the benefits are. I believe their action fall under unfair or deceptive trade practices.

• Ro
    ron obrecht Aug 01, 2014

i think this is a big rip off. my wife has died. i cannot drive my motor home any more, and they still want money. shame on you timber lodge.

jatsie Dec 23, 2013

Hello, I too have tried unsuccessfully to cancel my membership with Timberlodge RV Resort in New Waverly Texas. I was just wondering if anyone has been successful in canceling their membership without paying the $792 lifetime membership or $599 resale fee.

• Ga
    Gary Ripple Aug 15, 2013

I have exactly the same situation. Isn't this the same as blackmail that Jim Jerde is doing? Have you contacted the attorney generals office in minnesota who should be in charge of consumer affairs office?

• Di
    Diana Ruth Jan 18, 2013

I saw your complaint on the complaints board website. I too have had the same problem. I am now talking with a lawyer because this has not been resolved since 2008 when I notified Timberlodge in Apple Valley that I was terminating the membership. My membership agreement states very clearly "Failure to pay dues is a ground for termination of this Membership, as provided by Membership Agreement. " So when I did not pay dues Monterey Collections harassed me and now I have a bad credit report. Timber Lodge is a scam. The last time I saw the park I wondered what I was paying dues for. Certainly not upkeep. A few people have gotten out of the membership but they admitted they finally paid off, which is something I do not want to give Jim Jerke the satisfaction of doing. A lot of people are complaining - there is a lot of info on the RIp-off list. Everyone has the same problem. I wrote to NBC a few days ago and asked them to consider this on Dateline. Also have written to BBB's and Attorney Generals of various states.. We'll see.what happens next with the lawyer working on it. I will post whatever info I get..

jatsie Mar 23, 2012

Have you got a response from Timberlodge yet? I too have the same problem. I bought mine back in 2006, and have tried unsuccessfully three times to cancel, and I always get a response of them wanting $999 to purchase the membership outright. They say I am contracted for 3 consecutive lifetime memberships.

Thanks,
    Brian

• Si
    Sikancone Jul 06, 2011

Noax Jun 30, 2011

I too have had the same results trying to cancel membership. Was told at purchase could be canceled after 4 years. Now told must pay to resell. Total ripoff.