TigerDirect Business Logo

TigerDirect Business

Having problems with TigerDirect Business?

+1 888 278 4437 (United States)
1940 E. Mariposa Ave
El Segundo, California
Address in Canada
55 East Beaver Creek Rd, Unit G, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada, L4B 1E5

Complaints & Reviews

relabel scam

I sit here on hold with Tiger Direct for 46 minutes trying to get their screwup fixed. I ordered two Kodak D830 picture frames for Christmas. Tiger Direct sent me two Kodak P730 picture frames.

The box is labeled correctly by Kodak as a P730 but Tiger Direct puts their own label calling it a D830 over the original Kodak Label. Nice scam.

So after 58 minutes total on the phone with customer service, mind you that this is actaully dealing with a person all during this time, the resolution is I need to ship these back and they will "see" about sending out the correct ones. All said and done, one hour on the phone with customer service. One hour to pack and return the crap. Three weeks until I might receive the correct product. They will not me refund for credit!!! Plus I have to do last minute shopping locally to find the correct one for Christmas day. Thanks for ruining my Christmas presents.

I was a loyal Newegg customer for almost a decade. Only had to return one product to Newegg due to a defect and it took me 3 minutes on the phone and received credit ASAP. Probably 400 orders from Newegg over the years and not one screw up like this.

First and last time I order from Tiger Direct. Shame on me for trusting them. Covering up the correct model number on the box with their own label and incorrect model number, is nothing sort of a scam.

charged me twice

When I ordered a monitor from them they charged me twice when I first placed my order, leaving me 16 dollars left in my bank account.I called them up and they said they only charged me once and demanded proof that they charged me twice.Well I had him stay on the line while I called the bank and the bank told him that they charged me twice.Tigerdirect put my money back in but thats not where it ends.

Fastforward 3 more days, i'm in wal-mart and i go to use my debit card and it got declined, so I went to my nearest bank and asked them whats going on and they told me that tigerdirect charged me again, this time leaving me 40 dollars in the negative.The bank gave me back the money they charged for the second time and i cancelled my original order.

Never deal with this people, they also go by the name Circuit City (they aren't the old Circuit City, they just took over their website) and Compusa.

I will never deal with this company again.

avoid tigerdirect at all costs

I called TigerDirect to order an Offlease IBM PC. Lorena Bezerra was the Acct. Rep. I spoke to. She convinced me that I could purchase the same pc, as part of a package deal, with the purchase price being the same after the $170.00 rebate. She said she would see that I got the approiate rebate forms I requested. I received two separate shipments from TigerDirect; one for the two software programs included in the sale, and the other for the computer itself. Neither included the rebate forms. In contacting TigerDirect, I was told the rebate forms could be obtained online, which I did. I completed each form and submitted them with the required documentation. I made copies of what I sent. I thought it odd at the time, that there was a TigerDirect label on the box indicating it was for TigerDirect, where the UPC code should have been. Since the rebate was sent to Computer Associates, I assumed an agreement was contracted between TigerDirect and Computer Associates. No so. I was informed that my rebates were denied because I failed to submit the official UPC codes. It wasnt my fault that the UPC codes were not affixed to the shipments received. I voiced my complaint directly to Ms. Bezerra on May 31, 2006. I never received a reply. Instead, Ive been dealing with countless reps without results. I complied with all their requests via fax and email, yet I never received a reply to my last email, which was dated Sept. 7, 2006. It should be noted that I was acting on behalf of my ex-husband, Dale Glase, who actually purchased the comuter for me with his credit card.

phony rebate

I bought a sata hard drive online from tiger direct. It was advertised with a $30 rebate. When I tried to...

no protection against unauthorized use of one's credit

Without my authorization Wealthy Affiliates University (WA) used my PayPal account for a second year of a non-recurring subscription for $359.88. WA notified me of this after they had been paid by PayPal. I sent emails to WA and they ignored me.

PayPal took $359.88 from my credit card with such rapidity that I had no way to defend myself. I filed an email dispute with PayPal, which was denied I called them and was told that since they had paid WA, they would not do anything to help me.

While I was on telephone hold, I heard all sorts of dialogue about how much protection PayPal was to the customers. PayPal actually provides no protection against unauthorized use of one’s credit. In my opinion, it is just as safe to use your credit card online.

scammers

I purchased a copy of Windows 7 Professional Retail from TigerDirect. This is the full version that includes both 32bit and 64bit DVDs. Before it even arrives, I received an email telling me that they were not sending me what I ordered. Instead, they sent me a 32bit OEM version without Microsoft support. In this email, TigerDirect support tries to convince that all versions of Windows 7 are the same:

"In regard to your recent order: Z#######, we would like to inform you that the Operating System you ordered is the OEM version and not the Retail version. It is the same operating system but what you will receive is the operating disc in an envelope instead of the retail box. We're sorry the detailed specs on our website did not include the specific version. We uploaded all the information as we received it from the manufacturer, and have now realized that the OEM specification was missing.

The rest of the specs are correct, so if you were not looking for a specific OS version there's no action to be taken. On the other hand, if you would prefer to have the full retail version please refuse the shipment upon arrival. It will be returned to our warehouse for a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, and we appreciate your business."

I emailed them immediately and told them this was not satisfactory but they continued to make excuses and claimed they were not responsible for advertising "Windows 7 Professional Full Retail " but then shipping me an OEM Windows 7 32bit, which is not even supported by Microsoft. This is fraud. I will be filing complaints this week with the BBB and the FTC.

tigerdirect lost package rip-off

I bought 2 laptops from tigerdirect.com. One sent to me and one sent to my best friend. The one sent to me...

bad customer service

Good Evening, I have been trying to get my refund from tiger direct for over 2 weeks now and my efforts have failed. I received my product poorly packaged and damaged. I called Tiger direct and they sent me a UPS tag to return the item. My ups confirmation logs that the item was received June 12th at 4:08 am. I have called tiger direct several times to check the status of my refund. First I was told that I would receive a check. I called back a week later and said that the check was voided, and that I would be receiving my refund via PayPal. Tonight (16 days later) I call asking where my money was, and was told that the refund has not been processed yet, that no one has contacted PayPal. I have talked several agents and every time I get the run around. I have asked to speak to management or have someone in management call me back to resolve this issue and was told by the last agent I spoke to that I could not speak to management and having someone call me back could not be guaranteed. In previous calls to their customer service line, after trying to resolve this issue without incident. I again, asked to speak to management and the agent said he would transfer me then hung up on me. I have worked in customer service for many years, over the phone and in retail management. Never in my life would I treat any of my customers the way in which I have been treated. I have been very pleasant to each and every person at tiger Direct and it has got me no where. I don't know how this business can stay afloat with their level of customer service. BUYER BEWARE. I'm sure they sell great products but their employees need an overhaul. I am starting to feel scammed.

false advertising

They conduct false advertising.
They advertise that a server would ship in 1 to 2 days. After the order was placed and they withdrew the money from the account, the confirmation states that the order will ship up to 10 days later. When the customer service people were contacted they agreed that there website said the order would ship in 1 to 2 days but also said that this is drop shipped from a 3rd party and they have no control. This is BS. They manage the relationship with the 3rd party. If the 3rd party can't meet the order demand then Tiger Direct should not be promoting the fact that they can deliver in 1 to 2 days.

terrible company

Once you submit a purchase there is no going back. There is no ability to cancel and no ability to change the address if you typed it wrong. Granted it was my fault for not double-checking but I noticed my error immediately after I pressed 'submit'. No amount of emails or phone calls to Tigerdirect was able to correct the shipping address. And they absolutely can never help you over the phone. You see, after I noticed the error in my shipping address I immediately emailed and called Tigerdirect. They stated over the phone that I would have to wait an hour in order for them to help me. I then called later and they had already shipped the product I purchased to the wrong address.

Even after I explained to the customer service person that I was calling to correct a shipping address, he simply couldn't help me fix it. Now all I can do is wait for the product to be shipped to the wrong address (which I don't even believe is a valid one as it was entered due to my typing error) and then we simply have to 'hope' that the residents (if any) at the wrong address have it shipped back. Then they would be able to finally ship it to the correct address. So now I basically am having to wait 12-28 days for my shipment instead for 3-7 days as the product has to take four trips instead of one! I would not suggest anyone to use Tigerdirect as they are unorganized and there are too many things wrong with their purchasing system. There is a complete lack of ability to fix errors with this company.

This has led me to believe that this is the place online where criminals go to purchase stuff with other people's credit cards. I believe this to be true because when I made the purchase I had my old phone number and an incorrect billing address associated with my credit card. With any other online retailer, my credit card would have been rejected but it was not. Instead they charged my credit card immediately and went ahead and shipped it even though I attempted to fix the address right after I submitted for the purchase.

Charles Gardner Feb 19, 2007

I place 3 orders with this company and the first disappeared, of course after they had charged my credit card. The second I paid by Secure EBill and the check cleared the bank. 10 days after the check cleared they cancelled my order for non payment. The third, I actually received a couple of the items, but am still waiting for BO's. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! You will be taken in one form or another. If you get anything your Rebate will not be honored or you will get Junk. I have enclosed a link to the Florida BBB and their report says it all. I wish I had read this before doing business with these total Idiots.

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID= 1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000027000500

• Sj
    Sjlplat Aug 01, 2010

Terrible experience. After being a loyal TigerDirect customer for many years, they have lost my business for good. I made a mistake in the shipping address, and contacted support to have the package re-routed. I was told that the shipment would be re-routed, and given a confirmation number. The package was delivered to the wrong address despite the vendor's assertion that the problem had been taken care of. I contacted the vendor again, and was informed that it was not possible to re-route packages sent through Google checkout, and that the first support representative was wrong to have told me so. I asked the second support representative how the problem could be remedied, and I was told there was nothing that could be done about it. Worthless support staff, terrible support. I'll be using other vendors from now on.

Tigerdirect Aug 05, 2010

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Unfortunately we do not have enough information in your post to pull up your information and better assist regarding this matter. Please contact me directly at [email protected] so I can further assist you with your case.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Cl
    Clt1awr Dec 13, 2010

Ordered my daughter's Christmas gift Mac Book. They took the order and my money and even gave us a UPS tracking number. After two weeks, they blamed it on UPS, my address, their shiping dept and then they finally admitted that they never had the item. To make it worse, they refunded all of my money except a Shipping Charge. They never call back and their supervisors give bogus extensions. Class act of a business that would not be surprised to be discovered as a shame. Buy at your own risk. And good luck getting your money back. I have had to get the BBB involved.

• Ji
    Jimmy F Feb 24, 2011

I purchased ink for my printer from them through Amazon. I didn't know I was suppose to check the expiration date on it. Never really thought about it actually. I don't use it much and after a yr and only printing a few pages, it is out. Comes to find out, when I purchased it, the ink was already 9 months past the expiration date. They sold me something that had already expired! I purchased it in Jan 2017, it had expired on March 2017!

I contacted them and they told me tough luck since it is past 30 days. This shouldn't matter since they sold essentially sold me a bad product.

never shipped and charged cr card

I purchased, I thought, monitor and motherboard from them. I was given a order number and told it would arrive no later than 2/19.
After I checked my bank account and verified they processed the payment, I called the company on the 18th and asked what the status was. They told me they waiting for payment!. I told them they were paid. they proceeded to give me the run around.
Then get this they charged my account a 2nd time!... I cancelled the order told them I want both charges refunded. Of course it is going to take 5 days . I called my bank and I am disputing both charges. this company really sucks pig scat.

• Re
    ReRe727 Feb 18, 2009

Sorry you had trouble with that...merchants legally have 30 days to refund your card though, just so you know...

terrible experience

We ordered a Projector form TigerDirect.com because they were the cheapest online. We asked for them to deliver it to our business office to sign for and they declined to ship that way. they claimed that they only ship to residences. I asked for them to Either require a signature or have it held at the shipping terminal for us to pick up. They would not do that. I mentioned that the item was a very expensive item and that we wanted a confirmation signature for receipt of the item. After waiting nearly 3 weeks for the item we called and were told to wait another week. It still never showed up. We called again and they claimed they shipped product out. We never received the item and asked for another one to be shipped. They never shipped the other one and to this day 2-18-09 we have never received the item. We ordered online in December and it doesn't take 3 months to get the product. We have called numerous times and They have no confirmation of delivery just that it was left at the door, as I suspected they would say. We spoke to our UPS driver and he claimed that he had not been here in nearly 5 months to deliver any packages. We called TigerDirect.com again and asked to speak to a supervisor, and they will not allow me to talk to a supervisor nor will give me corporate office info to resolve this matter. Sham on you TigerDirect.com. After looking up complaints about this company and info on the company, I have found many unhappy customers for fraudulent activities that othrs have sustained by TigerDirect.com. We will get to the bottom of this fraud if we have to file a suite against them for inappropriate business practices in court.

• Tr
    Troy Aug 11, 2016

My emails have gone unanswered and customer service offers no answer to the problem but to wait?

The rebates were supposed to be sent six to 8 weeks after purchase and sending in of rebates. Now, four months later, there is still no rebates and a total lack of any support from Tiger Direct.

I would urge
    anybody who considers a purchase from Tiger Direct to make sure all rebates come from Tiger and NOT the manufacturer as Tiger Direct states "We are not responsible for rebates offered from the manufacturer." Yet, the advertise the rebates in BOLD print on their ads. Buyer Beware!

• Lo
    lossprevention Aug 11, 2016

I'm building a computer and purchased a number of parts from TigerDirect a few weeks ago. One of the parts - a video card - was sold with a $15 mail-in rebate. I had it on my to-do list to take care of, and got around to it today while in the process of ordering a _second_ video card from TigerDirect.

Long story short, I wasted nearly an hour struggling through the 10+ steps of that mail-in rebate process before finally giving up in disgust. I actually had to call customer service at one point because I had spent over 30 minutes trying to look up my rebate code on their website. The last straw was a step where I had to cut out a label and glue it onto the envelope..."the rebate may not be processed without the proper label."

I presume that this is exactly what TigerDirect is hoping for...make customers work so hard for that extra discount that they give up and concede the extra margin. It's a well-known tactic, so why should I expect anything else?

As a customer that's spent a lot of money with TigerDirect, I'm done with the cynical rebate mindset. They've won...they've worn me out. They can keep their extra $15. But they've also wasted my time & p---ed me off.

Therefore I called TigerDirect to cancel my order for the second video card - worth $379. The rep I spoke to didn't ask why and couldn't give me a clear answer if my order could be cancelled. It was a frustrating call, and his attitude struck me as completely indifferent. So I emailed TigerDirect to outline the situation & explain why I cancelled my order...hoping that someone would read it and perhaps want to actually make things right. Their response: a two-sentence, misspelling-filled "Dear Valued Customer" blowoff email. They lose $379 from me and they can't even address an email to me by name?

So...why am I going to all this trouble to call, email and write this post over 15 bucks? In some small way I'd like to send a message to companies that cynical rebate schemes that are designed to minimize fulfillment are completely unacceptable. Yes this is unfortunately the status-quo for many, but it's still unacceptable. Frankly they ought to be illegal. I feel ripped off, but TigerDirect doesn't seem to care. They lose my business, and they don't seem to care. Amazing.

How to make this right? Refund my $15 immediately. No games. I spent over $1400 with you expecting this rebate and shouldn't have to jump through hoops.

never received payment

Sent off all the required info, WWR's confirmed that they received everything and said the process wa...

fraud and scam

I purchased two Access (brand) from GXI in Clayton, NC model DTA 1080D TV converter boxes from tigerdirect...

crooks

We bought an internet security software with $70 mail in rebate. After filing a rebate on line and sending it...

refused to give me a refund

TigerDirect.com
www.tigerdirect.com

Contacted tiger direct and they refused to give me a refund on product they sold. They told me the salesman who pushed me into buying it got a commission for the item, which i did not need or want,and so could not take the item back. I software is still in original unopened condition but because of the commission being paid for the sale they can not take it back. Nice company to do business with work with (not!!). They badgered me into buying the software and when i realized i didn't need it wouldn't take it back.

Buyer beware.

• Ex
    ExTigerdirectEmployee Nov 14, 2007

Jason, when you call, ask to speak to a supervisor. If the agents refuse or you get hung up, which it happens, try again or e mail Carl Fiorentino explaining what happened, especially the agent refusing or hang up if it does happen. Make sure you put the dates, times and phone numbers you called from. they can track down the agent that way. I used to work for them and hate them. I'm going to paste what I wrote on another site here.

I quit Tiger about 5 or 6 months ago. I was with them a horrifying 5 years, way to long. One of the biggest reasons I left is due to how they did scam, misguide, lie and put customers identities at risk. I just couldn’t take it anymore and left. Here are a few things they totally do badly. If you place an order over the phone and find you received extra product where the price ending is odd, like the cent value ends in .81, .75, .50, .25, etc, those were added by the agent without your permission, as they get paid a high commission on those. Their network is constantly having problems on a daily basis and information gets lost. The warehouse sends out returned items you purchased new if they don’t have it in stock. Lot of customers would call in claiming they received items with RA numbers on them and opened. They will replace parts of your order without alerting you first in order to fill the order. Then good luck in trying to return the item without any headaches. Now for the more serious and illegal practices Tigerdirect.com performs. Your credit card is always on file, your entire collection of credit cards you ever used with them is in file and every agent you speak to can see it in his screen. They do tell the agents to never tell the customers that Tigerdirect keeps credit cards on file, because it’s illegal they told us. They have had instances where metro dade police would be called to arrest agents for credit card fraud on the corporate office call center in Miami, Florida. Those agents would charge customers cards fraudulently since they keep card numbers on file for all agents to have access to. Many agents would get upset at customers on the phone for taking the agents time and not purchasing and if the customers account is on the screen, the agent will run authorizations on the customers cards many times as if to teach the customer a lesson. And although a lot of customers don’t understand this next point and get upset at agents like myself for trying to protect them, package tracking numbers. It is posted on Tigerdirect.coms website, tracking numbers are only sent to the customers e mail that is on the account at the time of purchase. Some customers wanted to change the e mail on the phone to get it, still without understanding. Many customers would call in because their packages did not get to them and were delivered elsewhere. That’s the reason why tracking numbers are not supposed to be given out on the phone or to newly changed e mail addresses on the accounts. You would not believe how many customers have lost their packages and money because of this fraud act. Since Tigerdirect doesn’t care and reprimands employees who follow the rule, the customer looses. Management made it clear for agents not to give the customer a hard time and give the tracking number over the phone. What happens with this now is that anyone with your name, phone number, e mail address knowledge, physical address information can call in and get your tracking information, call UPS, FedEx, etc and re-route the packages. Tigerdirect is owned by the Fiorentino brothers, 3 of them and from what I heard in the call center, they are attorneys. They know all the loop rounds everything. Onrebate.com was Tigerdirect, they were in the same call center and recruited a few of my friends. They told me just how crooked they were. They told me they would come in one day and management would tell them, ” Ok guys, this week we approve all rebates” and the next week manages would say, ” Alright everyone, this week we decline all rebates”. This applied to wrongfully filled and properly filled rebates. They got so much heat from that mis practice, they shut down Onrebate.com and had another rebate office do them. The first year I was there, one of the owners made a huge mistake of having a meeting with everyone in the call center. He spoke about how badly Tigerdirect.com was getting hammered from bad reviews and comments on review sites. So he told us he was assembling a crew from the call center to post positive reviews and comments on every review site to drown out the negative reviews. Till this day, they have people posting everywhere to counter the negative feed they are getting. This are just of the top problems with Tigerdirect.com that I just couldn’t deal with anymore. I was such a good employee and person when I started there and in 5 years it turned me into such a depressed, mean and angered guy. I’m 42 years old, been working since I was 12 years of age and never, ever, ever in any job have I ever been written up, suspended, reprimanded, etc. At tigerdirect.com I’ve had 5 suspensions, about a dozen write ups, reprimands up the wazoo. All for following my training, doing the right thing, following the rules. They wouldn’t fire me because I fought them through HR with the rules. So they figured that I’d eventually get tired of suspensions, write ups, etc and just leave. Well, I’m tough and lasted 3 years of crap from them. Since I left them, I’m back to being myself. I’m happy with a constant smile on my face as I used to have. It’s such a huge load of my back since I left them, feels great to be the happy go lucky guy I am. I just feel bad for the customers that have been fraudulently hurt or will be soon.

• Ge
    George Deveaux Jan 09, 2008

I have been deployed in Afghanistan supporting Operation Freedom as a civilian engineer for the past three years. In Nov 07 I ordered a laptop computer and some upgrade items at a cost of just over $1,700.00 which of course I paid on line prior to shipping. My order did not arrive and no one has even bothered to respond to my telephone and/or email complaints. Do you have any advise regarding how I should proceed with these people to get a refund?

Thanks and have a great day,

George

• Ne
    neodiaa Jan 03, 2013

ascam

multiple product failures!

On 01/05/07 I ordered a 42 inch Hisense LCD HDTV from Tiger-Direct. This TV arrived via UPS on 01/11/07. The problem starts here. The TV had no display, just audio. After several calls to Hisense USA I was directed to contact Tiger Direct for return instructions. I then contacted Tiger Direct and was told that their advertised 30 day return policy was overridden by the manufacturer's warranty. The next instructions from Hisense USA email their service department for return tag. 5 days and 4 emails along with 3 more phone calls later I received a return tag. Hisense USA's helpline excuse was that the Holiday affected them. These people are in East India and I don't know what holiday they are referring to that falls between 01/11/07 and 01/15/07. They received the defective TV at 4:10 pm on 01/18/07. My email from their service people said that they would replace the TV as soon as it arrived. It is 01/29/07. I am employed in the transportation industry and I can tell you that UPS shipping from Southern California (Hisense USA Shipping Location) to Los Lunas, NM takes no more than 3 three days even under extreme circumstances. All I can do is at this point is contact my credit card company, consumer agencies and the New Mexico Attorney General's office because they have my money while I can just hope to receive a working TV at some point.

avoid this company at all costs!

This company has already been mentioned on your site along with their sister company OnRebate.com. The problem is that when you try to apply for the rebates offered by TigerDirect through OnRebate, their form does not function on several required fields and thats as far as you get. I have been trying for two days to get some assistance from TigerDirect after spending several hours on the phone attempting to contact OnRebate with no luck.

As one of the other people mentioned, I would avoid both of these companies at all costs if you want to keep your hard earned dollars.

• Valerie Dec 29, 2006

I purchased a laptop and used a gift certificate toward the purchase and was not given credit for it. I completed the fields as directed in the online order form to redeem the certificate.

The amount was not credited on the online order so I called and talked to a cs representative who took my gift certificate information and said I would be credited. When I received the invoice, it did not show the credit so I called back. I was told that I should receive the credit and if there was a problem the representative would call me back. He did not call back so I called back the next day to confirm that it was taken care of and was assured by a third cs representative that I would receive the credit. When I received my credit card statement they had charged my credit card the full amount with no credit for the gift certificate. I have yet to get this resolved.

• Ra
    Raj Rijal Jun 17, 2007

After several months of correspondence now, TigerDirect's sister company ONRebate.com confirmed that i will get the rebate back. I had posted message under "Poor After Sale service" in complaint board. It took long time to get the $100 rebate.

• Pa
    PAUL Jun 19, 2007

TigerDirect.com USA
    Complaint: Pinnacle Internal Capture Card Studio 10

Tiger Direct Poor Service. I purchased a Pinnacle Capture Card from Tiger Direct. The service was prompt receiving it but I found that the amount I paid exceeded the the invoice total. They confirmed me a price and thats what I paid I found the invoice price was less than what I paid and after numerous emails to them and they were unable to read a Publisher Document from a scan and sent them another Jpeg file which they viewed and agreed that I was entitled to a refund. As they asked for a scan from the Bank Draft that was sent. After I keep emailing them for some time they now say that there is no refund owing. So this has been going for over six months now. Looks like they don't want return customers . So I would advise people to stay away from Tiger Direct. I was going to make another purchase of about $300 but obviously they dont appreciate my custom so I will go elsewhere if this is the best they can give.

• Gr
    Greman145 Feb 01, 2011

Do not buy from this website any more. They changed policy, now you can't return to warehouse, and you have to pay shipping, no matter for what reason you need to return... Also, you have to use their shipping box, otherwise, they won't credit you.

They changed their policy just to make it is hard to return, or give back your credit.

• Tr
    Triodene Jan 03, 2013

Bought a Acer computer from them and they "give" you a free gift of anti virus protection for 6 months. Then a recurring credit charge occurs afterwards to continue to get the anti virus software. They give no realistic way to cancel the recurring charge as they require the serial ID number from the retail packaging of which I never had as it was directly put on the pc. No other way to cancel the charge or get a refund. I won't do business with them ever again. If you do, make sure you uncheck their free gift of anti virus software.

Tiger Direct Aug 05, 2013

I'm very sorry that you went through this negative experience. Was this resolved to your satisfaction? If not, email me at [email protected]

• Ra
    Raj Rijal Jun 03, 2016

I bought a computer from TigerDirect.com thinking reliable company by trusting their rebate offer. I had very limited budget to buy the computer. I could only offer the price after rebate. I received the computer with other items in a big box. I needed UPC bar in order to apply for the rebate which was missing and asked them to provide me the UPC bar to apply and get the rebate refund. I'm the owner of the computer and told them i can provide anything they needed. They just don't listen and don't try to be resolve the matter.

I sent 10s of emails and several phone calls (usually need to wait 1 hr) to get the live person. They are not cooperative to helping this rebate matter and not willing to take the computer back.

TigerDirect Customer Satisfact Jun 03, 2016

We are very sorry for any inconvenience the delay in receiving your rebate may have caused. Please contact me directly with your order number at [email protected] and we will do our best to resolve this to your satisfaction.

poor customer treatment

In the later part of October I saw a system advertised on TigerDirect
Account #: [protected] Order #: I6225293
Order Date: 10/26/2006 Purchase Order #: N/A
Payment Method: VISA Paid in Full
Bill To: H. Van Hopper Jr.
303 E Jefferson St
PO BOX 613
Tecumseh, OK 74873
C67-1452 Medion M3 Director 5100 Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (HT) / 19-inch LCD / 512MB DDR / 200GB SATA HDD / DVD±RW / DVD-ROM / NVIDIA GeForce FX5300 128MB / Windows XP Media Center / Refurb Media Center PC $939.97
for a complete computer sytem including a 19in LCD moniter for $939.97 .
I went and borrowed 1,000.00 dollars from a bank to pay for this IN FULL on my VISA check card. When I got my (1) package marked (2 of 2)containing no moniter. At first I thought UPS had lost package (1 of 2)
containing the moniter.
But TigerDirect customer service treats me as the villian.
Now I have to do a reshipment of the system I received to them for inspection. Then they will determine IF they will ship my complete system as advertised and already PAID for.
This seems a poor way to treat customers who in good faith send their money to a company expecting to get what they paid for from them.
And if there was a shipping error they should refund part of my purchase price for MY inconvenience.
So I will have to wait and SEE if I EVER get the COMPLETE package I ordered and PAID FOR IN FULL.
I am just curious if anyone else out there has has similar experiences with this company.
H. Van Hopper Jr.

ups service is getting worst and worst

UPS service is getting worst. It is impossible to speak to a representative, there is no phone number posted on their web site and they never give any specific reason or apology for poor service. The reason for this is because they are paid by the businesses that use their service to ship to the customer and since the business pays UPS, UPS has no loyalty to the end receiver which actually pays for the shipping. I ordered from TigerDirect.Com overnight delivery and paid $50.00 for it but the package is stuck in another state and I can't get TigerDirect.Com or UPS to answer where the package is. It's always the same answer with UPS, no one ever knows the actual location and there is no customer communication. This is also occurring with many ecommerce web sites. I have other complaints about UPS as well such as other customer's charging their shipping to my account and never a single apology from UPS and never a refund. I had to cancel my ups account because I was concerned about fraud and after many phone calls I finally was told by UPS that it was a simple mistake by UPS and that they could not just send me a check for the money they owed me but that I would have to call back again (4th phone call) to ask for my money at a later date. In fact UPS refused to speak with me about charges to my credit card for shipping charges from UPS until I had a statement in my hand, once I did, they then told me that it was their mistake and by then I had already had concerns about fraud and canceled my credit card and also my UPS account because it appeared that it was another shipper in another state was using my UPS number to ship their products to their customers. UPS has been sitting on my money for about 2 months now. I will no longer use UPS for my business shipping and I will not use ecommerce sites that us UPS as well.

• Do
    Don Rowlett Jul 14, 2007

I am amazed that TigerDirect is still getting away with rampant fraud and immediate hostility toward customers. I ordered a computer from TigerDirect many years ago when Windows98 Second Edition was still a widely used OS. Instead of using the billing address of my credit card, TigerDirect decided to botch the shipping address by substituting the Mabelvale zipcode with a Little Rock zipcode. This apparently confused the UPS people so the package was delivered to my workplace instead of simply calling my phone number to verify my address. By the time I discovered where my shipment was, the box had been opened despite the fact that my name was clearly marked on the package. This concerned me because at the time there was a campus-wide problem where one or more thieves would open the box containing a new computer, steal the innards, and then re-box the computer. I would not know if this happened to me until I got it home. Had TigerDirect and UPS been prudent in their business practices, I would have been a satisfied customer.

• Gl
    glennie williams Feb 03, 2008

To whom it may concen,

I have been ill and not able to persue this issue. I did send in the infomation for the second time. I believe the items I needed to complete the paperwork, which was a new rebate form and a receipt for one item and the upc for the other. I have infomed many of telephone pesonnel that I did send in a upc from the box; later I"m told that it was not the one they needed; but it was a barcode. I do not work in retail and so I did not know which to send, but I did send one. I feel like I am being treated as if I am lying and trying to steal something by getting these rebate. I have a charge on my credit card and a receipt given to me from you as proof of purchase. Please recheck all my applications and let me know th outcome.

glennie williams