Thrive Learning InstituteCan not get money back

F

I have never used their website or services and returned thier software, return reciepted, and was told that I could not get money back and if I didnt continue paying on the contract I would be sent to collections.

Thrive contacted me on or around 9/18/2008. I was to have my first appointment on 9/22/2008 at 10:30 am. I was called at 11:30, an hour later and told that internet services were down in downtown Lindon. I was to be contacted at 4pm. I never heard back. The next day I e-mailed to request an elibrary password. I didnt hear back for a couple of days. Then I recieved a v/m stateing that I had to make an appointment. The guy on the phone was rude and spoke with a disturbing attitude stateing that is what up to me to set these appointments after the firt guy stated that he would contact me to schedule the appointment. I started to get frustrated and after e-mailing and calling with no response I emailed and called to get my money back.

I was contacted today, October 23rd, 2008, by Zach, and was told because I was out of my 3 day return period I could not get back my down payment. Zach informed me that if I didnt keep paying on my contract he would send me to collections.

I am now out $1, 500.00 down payment, $144.21 a month on a $5, 000.00 contract, $39.95 for software I returned, and $39.95 for monthly website rental fees.

From 9/18 to 10/23, 2008 is 25 business days, well within the 90 days and my initial contact to Thrive was within 5 days. This is a very suspicious way to do business.

• Za
    zach Oct 24, 2008

It is a 3 day right of return not a 90 day. That was part of the agreement and it was in your contract that YOU signed.

• Th
    Thelma Major Oct 25, 2008

I am also one of those people scammed by thrive. I paid full amount .I was misrepresented and plan to fight for my money. Any supporters please comment on'

• Me
    MechMan Oct 28, 2008

people,
    call your credit card company or bank and tell them you want to do a chargeback. continue to charge back over and over again until Thrive gives you your money back. You are protected as a consumer. Don't let these scam artists bully you. Call the utah state attorney general and tell them what happened

Ronnie Anderson Nov 03, 2008

I'm very pleased with everything that is happening for me with thrive. My coach is great I talk with him everyday to everyother if needed. The e library is helfull the online webinars are great it's like your really in a class with a teacher. You do have to work alot on you website with your coach etc. They told me that would like to see me have my investment recouperated in 90 days it happened closer to 4 and a half months. The way that you complain about a company though is threw the bbb. Thats what do is register complaints. Thrive only has 7 complaints filled all of them resolved. Even refunds. So I would go there I guess.

fillmore Nov 17, 2008

Today is 11.17.08 and I still have not received my money back. I filled a complaint with the BBB of Utah on 10.28 and on 11.11.08 Mr Bradshaw called me and stated that he would return my money and I have still not heard from him, Mr Bradshaw or to get my money back. The company the contract was written with, Duvera in CA, called me on 11.12 and stated that as soon as they hear from Mr Bradshaw the contract will be dissolved and that they had no problem with that. Mr Bradshaw's people keep calling me to set up appointments and I keep telling them to stop calling me. My last call fron Thrive/Merchent Services was 5 minutes ago. My next move will be to contact the Federal Trade Commission, per my attorney's request, at 5 pm today.
    Mr Bradshaw, in stead of leaving a comment here, why dont you just call me and tell me what you have to say. You said 8 days ago I could have my money back. Whats the deal? Are you a liar?

fillmore Nov 17, 2008

Mr Anderson, My complaint with the BBB of Utah has been open since 10.28.2008 so they do have at least one complaint still open. So get your facts straight before making claims. I am happy for you that you are having a good experience with Thrive. I count at least a dozen others on 7 complaint sites that are not, including myself.

For those of you still needing to file a complaint, file with the BBB of Utah and with the Federal Trade Comission at www. ftc.gov.

Chris Nov 19, 2008

I am VERY angry with Thrive learning institute. I paid them $3600 for their services. They were promising me and promising me that I can expect a successful dropship business. Well my business has been up for 2 months and I haven't made a dime. Now when I try to talk to my coaches, they basically tell me that they have no idea what I should do.

COMPLETE SCAM AND FRAUD! THEY PROMISE YOU AND THEN WHEN YOU FAIL THEY TELL YOU TOO BAD!!

fillmore Nov 19, 2008

You should file a report with the Federal Trade Comission at www.ftc.gov.

• Bo
    bob davis Nov 24, 2008

I went into my bank account and IAS which is part of thrive debited my charge card twice.I called my bank today and they said that the transaction hasn't gone through and they put a stop payment on the transaction and said that even if they still receive the transaction it won't go through.Were talking over 10, 000 dollars, so if anybody hears about Internet Auction Solutions stay as far away as you can.Neither them or Thrive are listed with the BBB in UT, but on Thrives web sight they say they are.Codee Martin is a fast talker and so is Greg please Don't listen to them or you could almost get stung like me.

• cmchatten Dec 05, 2008

I would like to thank everybody for this information. My story is the same as yours, though my site isn't even up yet and they have stopped helping me. I have been working on it for 4 months and then they started giving me the runaround. I got mad when one of the coaches was nasty and rude and literally refused to help me, so I wrote them an email and I haven't heard from them since.I was promised 7 months of coaching. I have been on the verge of a nervous breakdown trying to complete my site so I could recoup some of my$4000 plus back and they wont even help me get it launched.No legitimate company would act this unprofessional.This is what prompted me to see if I was the only one having trouble with them.If there is a class action lawsuit, I would appreciate any information on this so I can join.

• Ke
    kellyscott Dec 07, 2008

ill one up you guys ok... when i was first contacted by thrive i was told ...we are very selective on who we choose!!! nice joke folks...example when i made my first phone call...no names now but the interviewer when thinking back reminded me of the kid whos so determined to get something and he will do anything to get it... i thought this interview would take maybe 45 minutes to an hour???? are kidding me??? this guy (example) was like a hunter willing and ready to bag his prize!!! me!!! we are very selective in the choices??? and with all my fears stated to him (interviewer) i should have been ousted bang ...told have a nice day..shook hands and departed as friends... nope... hey i will give him (interviewer) credit..for as i call it a guy who could sell ice to the eskimos!!! no matter what i said didnt matter!!! why i must say to as they say (whom it may concern)???? be afraid be very afraid... not a joke either!!! again not to sound like a broken record but??? we are very selective on who we bring on board??? god i wish he the interviewer was a coach??? this guy no matter how bad the guy was ??? he would get PT aka playing time!!! ok ill give him credit a very nice interviewer, , , , but>>> again not ganna be selective with a sucker like me!!! as for the above email i see where your having trouble im not shocked...???we are very selective on who we bring aboard???? i will maybe??? knock on wood, and see what happens...and then get in touch with utah and see what i can do... i to have sent emails to both email addresses and as you heard nothing but ???it has ben on the weekend maybe noone in the office sooo next week lots of contacts with them..im sure... again anyone ??? maybe thinking of making money with these guys??? beware ok seems like nice folks... but beware..we are very selective on who we bring on board????

• cmchatten Dec 09, 2008

I have only heard of one person who says they got their money back. I asked them how and have had no response. I am not sure if I am allowed to say ...but their are several other complaints on other sites. I would like to get a class action law suit going and have mentioned that on the other forum, but as yet no responses. My lawyer has told me I have a case, but I would pay more for their services than the money I am out. So I am putting it out there again that there are grounds here for a class action law suit. I for one would be willing to lose some money to gain at least some back...as well as seeing thrive get what they deserve. Also I should mention here that the state of illinois has a cease and desist order against thrive.It is an actual court order against them selling their business opportunities to anyone in that state. I found this when I googled "thrive learning institute", So I believe that if we could all get together as a group we could do something about this.

• Cb
    CB-User Dec 13, 2008

Update from original complaint from Pamela Keltie: After 3 months, I did get my money back. I was "sweet talked" in the beginning, told I could have a successful drop-ship company through ebay. Im still not sure how that works. And Im very disappointed with the On-Line Data Institute who I contacted via land-line after seeing their commercial on the TV who supplied my personal info to Thrive Learning Institute. I suppose that if you are asking the right/correct questions you may get through unscathed but my experience was like kellyscott's and Devon Kenny of Thrive could of been selling ice to an Eskimo during my call that day. I filed a complaint through the BBB of Utah and got back the small fees but when I filed my complaint through the FTC I received my down payment back. I think my situation is a little different though. I did call to request my money back on the third day. It may of been the fourth but really; a day, come on. The 3 day return policy was described to me like buying a house. You have 3 days to turn down the contract or you are stuck with house payments. I didnt get that. I wasnt buying a house and if I had been buying a house from Thrive talks with those institutions would of been going on for a while and all contracts would of been signed in person not virtually, and if virtually then hard copies would of been faxed or emailed for a personal signing and quite possibly certification/notary and mailed back. Also I would have a house for resell to regain profit. Duh. I sometimes thought, while speaking with Thrive, that they just thought I was stupid. But never answered questions about the dropship business because "your team will run you through that". That should of been the red flag in the beginning. Now I know. Now I dont except any correspondence from any on-line work-at-home companies. And now I know that the real ones will not ask for upfront fees let alone $5, $10, 000 and up to start a business. Come on, if I wanted to put up a website, I would get the kid down the street to do it for $100 or call the geek squad in town and it still would be a lower cost. I also learned that you should record your conversations. It is not illegal to tape a one-on-one conversation for your own records. The company your speaking with is recording you for their records. In the beginning the calls were with happy, fun, fast talking people and then turned to mean, condescending tones and after I got my money back I received an apology. My point is you can document the tone of rhetoric used towards you when dealing with customer service representatives. I also learned to do an advanced search for companies before saying yes. Dont let that initial call be the end all. Hang up and do a search and go beyond the BBB. And then get back to the caller. Thrive may be listed with the BBB on their site but under their DBA as I understand it. It was very misleading. I would of considered joining a class action suit but I received my money back and no longer qualify but wanted to share my update with you. Good Luck to all and hope you all succeed in getting your funds returned.

• Ci
    Cilantro101 Jan 01, 2009

I have to agree 100% with everyone that states Thrive is nothing but a rip off!!! I paid $7, 500.00 US, which was just a little under $10, 000.00 CDN, I just happen to be Canadian. I thought the program was half decent at the beginning, but soon discovered they don't have a clue what they are doing.

I tried to give them them benefit of the doubt, but after incurring over $1, 000.00 in addition unnecessary expenses, I realized that they didn't even know enough to be able to provide the guidance necessary to someone that didn't live in the USA.

Oh, and I love how they are not responsible for their actions. Don't receive a return phone call - YOU never made the call!!! Don't get answers to your email questions - YOU'VE already received ample support!

And these two are my favorites:

Thrive: What site builder are you using, I don't recognize the template?
    Me: I designed the site myself, I didn't use a site builder.
    Thrive: You know HTML?
    Me: Obviously, or you wouldn't be looking at my site. It's asinine questions like this that make me doubt that Thrive can teach me anything!
    Thrive: How are you marketing your site?
    Me: I'm doing (cut off by Thrive)
    Thrive: What keywords are you using?
    Me: I'm (cut off again)
    Thrive: I'll have someone from our Marketing Department call you and get you the training you need. I'll critique your site and call you back.
    Me: Don't bother, I need time to calm down and considering my site is still under construction it's rather stupid on your behalf to critique my site. If you want to feel free, but don't call me, just email me everything you consider wrong.
    Thrive: You'll get my feedback by the end of the day.
    Me: Great. <4 days later still waiting, hmm, was it something I said???>

Next Day:

Thrive: You need training in Marketing.
    Me: Actually, I've had a lot of training in Marketing. My site's been on-line for 3 days and I have 59 people subscribe to my e-book and I haven't officially launched my site yet.
    Thrive: IF, you've had 59 people subscribe...
    Me: Thanks Thrive, you really know how to motivate your students - IF you consider calling them liars motivating, personally I'm now so motivated, I haven't stopped crying in two days!!! BTW, I asked you NOT to phone me, but you still do - why?
    Thrive: (No response)
    Me: Back off and leave me alone. When I wanted your help, you didn't have the decency to return my calls, now that I said I was going to register a complaint with the BBB, my phone hasn't stopped ringing!!!
    Thrive: What can we do to rectify this problem?
    Me: A refund would be appropriate.
    Thrive: We already told you there would be no refund.
    Me: Than why did you ask what you could do to rectify the problem?
    Thrive: Silence - Dead Air - Dial Tone!
    Me: <Throwing Phone Out Window>

Well, I'm off to obedience school, to learn how to sit, stay, play dead and get a muzzle for my next contact with Thrive. Where their goal is to dictate and the students are to shut up, obey and do only what they say.

Kary - Not a Fan of Thrive

• Co
    Coop Jan 05, 2009

I am so glad that I found this complaint board as I was reading through our provincial newspaper to find a full page ad trying to get people to a 2 hour workshop...the workshop is free of course...on how to dropship and make money through ebay.

Of course they are going to be requiring a large sum of money for some system as the seminars are not taking place in the basement of a church (little or no rent) they are being held at all the large hotel chains throughout the lower mainland of BC.

Thank you all for sharing your stories...I truly hope you get your money back and this company gets what they deserve

• Ne
    new to the game Jan 17, 2009

I was contacted today by a representative (initial interview), and I think it's also important to include the OTHER company name used by them. INTERNET INCOME SOLUTIONS or INTERNET INCOME INITIATIVE. I have been taken twice in the past by situations like this and am very leary. I have a conversation with the 'representative' ask questions about who they work for and sister companies, and then look at the web sites they provide for further research. Eventually I locate a complaint board or forum and provide the other names or information I have found. I was actually offered a program with no down payment and no initial fees for 30 days. Of course I declined stating I would speak to my husband prior to making any financial decisions...I was hung up on. Now I see why.

• Cf
    C Future Jan 21, 2009

I am doing business with Thrive at present since early November of 2008. I find it curious that the business entity that contacted me to get into the Thrive program was calling itself Platinum Trading Solutions and I was smooth-talked into the program for about 2 hours by a guy named JP. I haven't heard anybody else mention this company name so far in the several blogs I have visited. I was charged $4500.00 to my credit card for 6 weeks of calling access to my "coaching team" and also given access to 6 months of live webinars through i3wired. About a week ago I sent a letter viaemail and kept a copy in which I complained about how ill-prepared I was to take on the program and how it had caused me quite a bit of frustration, computer problems ending in purchasing a new computer and having a webinar host state that using wireless internet was the worst way to try to access webinars or other streaming internet programs...in short, I couldn't watch much webinar stuff until I spent a bunch of time and money and even now, I don't have a choice about using wireless. That is what is available and so there is always the risk that I won't have a good connection to participate in a live or even recorded webinar. I also complained that I didn't have a lot of basic computer skills and so it took me hours and hours to do things that a person born and raised on a computer wouldn't probably give a second thought to. I ended with saying that I felt they should do a much better job of screening people for their program but that obviously it is just too tempting to see that credit card number and a person with good credit! I stated that I felt the program was expensive and some other complaints. I HAVE NOT HEARD ONE WORD IN RESPONSE. And after the 6 weeks of phone coaching finished, I was switched to another team of people! That was never mentioned either. I thought I would keep the same people that I have managed to establish some report with! At this point, I am not terribly happy with Thrive. Granted, I have been learning. And I will say that it has been a good experience over all working with the website builder technical support people so far. But today, I cannot get anything done because this new "coaching team" has not been available to answer some basic questions that I need answered before I can continue building the website. I certainly wouldn't recommend Thrive to anybody that isn't at least good at navigating around in computers and who doesn't have cable internet and some basic knowledge about marketing and internet marketing to start with. I am hanging on to see what happens over the next few weeks here to decide for sure if I should join the ranks of the ones who demand their money back.

• Ci
    Cilantro101 Jan 22, 2009

“Update From My Previous Post:

I’d like to commend Thrive Learning Institute for their professionalism in dealing with my problem. After I calmed down and was no longer reacting based on emotions, I contacted the appropriate party and they were more than willing to listen to what I had to say and worked with me to rectify the issue.

I am happy to say that Thrive Learning Institute and I worked out an agreement that was mutually satisfactory to all parties involved. They demonstrate that they did indeed care about their students and were pleasant, proficient, and pleased to work with me to rectify the situation. They handled this matter with kindness, respect and in a timely manner, keeping in contact with me until everything was settled.

When a student has a valid complaint, they go out of their way to take corrective actions. In addition, they utilize the feedback they receive to improve the value of their program and implement changes to ensure their extending the highest quality of service available.

Thank you Thrive Learning Institute, I greatly appreciate all you have done to turn a negative into a positive. Due to your actions, you turned what I perceived to be a major problem, into a positive experience.

A very special thanks to Matt, Zack, and Nic, for going far beyond my expectation in getting this situation resolved and your assistance in improving my mindset.

Kary – Now a Raving Fan of Thrive Learning Institute”

• Da
    David Jan 27, 2009

Well, those that are reading closely, you can tell the Thrive Thieves that are commenting on these complaints. These people are nothing more than thieves and they are coming in behind complaints on blogs like this one to praise their company when it just another one of their tactics to keep people lulled into a stooper so they can continue to steal. And oh yes, they do what they need to do to keep right under the law to keep from giving you a refund and oh yes, they have many affiliates to hook you up with in the other room that will also bribe you for money.. TRUTH IS, A JUNIOR HIGH COMPUTER GEEK HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT COMPUTERS THAN ALL OF THEM PUT TOGETHER...WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS STEALING!!!1

• Ge
    Geoff Jan 29, 2009

hmmmmmm...? I've been researching these cats all week. If it was worthy training I would pay a few g's. But by the looks of most posts I've read {that is many}, they don't teach too much. I already have my site up- http://www.thefuturefriendlyshop.com [still under construction-birth stages lol], I have been trying to learn some more html and learn all about affiliate/ppc/seo, mlm online marketing etc. I'm a bit on the fence, as I have read a lot from both sides as well as being on the phone earlier asking why the googlemoneytree was on all the scam complaint sites. The woman I spoke with was pleasant enough, and suggested checking out the Thrive Learning site etc. They offer training, which of course costs money, but how good is the actual coaching???? I am waiting for another call, but think I may take the rough road and go it solo, with my wife's help of course :). If anyone has proof, or close to it, that these guys know their stuff, please post ASAP. Greatly appreciated;
    Sincerely;
    Geoff

• Ge
    Geoff Jan 31, 2009

Well, I e-mailed and called internetincomeinitiative.com and cancelled my acct. there. I was told I would not be charged any more from my Visa. We'll see. If a $72.21 USD charge suddenly appears, I'll freak! They still want to set me up for the OPM (other peeps money) training and will call me back in a week to see how much "leverage" I have. I refinanced to get my business started, and will not allow con artists to take my money and ruin my credit. I planned on using credit to get started anyway, so if they offer some legitimate advice, or can show me proof that their methods actually work, I will be the one making the final decision to spend any money. Like any other consumer. And what's up with the gaurantee? If my site doesn't make a return on my investment will they pay my Visa??? Anyone see a return? Anyone get a guarantee? How many people are involved in the class-action lawsuit? I looked on the Utah BBB site and see that there has been 17 complaints, ALL resolved, although 13/17 were not acknowledged by the complainant. Considering the number of people that must use the Thrive Ins., that doesn't seem too bad. I never post much of anything, so this is unusual for me. Still waiting to see some more comments from others...
    Geoff
    [protected]@thefuturefriendlyshop.com

• Ar
    Argyle311 Mar 18, 2009

What I find most interesting about sites like this is they are designed specifically to elicit complaints. People who search out this site are looking to complain, find others who are complaining, or to research before buying. Anyone who has anything good to say about the company isn't going to be on a complaint board, they'll probably write the company a thank you letter.

I'm sure these letters are used as testimonials, which psychologically are harder to accept as reality since the company will intentionally put forth a good face. Saying that anyone who has anything positive to say about the company must be an employee or is being threatened by the company to say good things is like saying any complaints are probably posted by competitors or business rivals.
    Besides, people who have a negative experience about a company are ten times more likely to be vocal than those who have had a positive experience.

• cmchatten Mar 20, 2009

I am glad you posted your comment about the positve reviews. I wanted to do so myself but have complained on so many sites already and felt that hopefully the majority of people would see this for themselves.
    As well as 'kary-now a raving fan.' Did anyone happen to notice her comments were written exactly in the same format that Thrive writes their rebuttals([redacted])?
    I would also like to add some information here for new and previous posters who have probably submitted complaints to the BBB.
    Though I still think it is absolutely neccessary to write to the BBB with your complaints, please be aware that the BBB is not being honest with the public concerning complaints against thrive. They are showing all complaints as being resolved by Thrive though they are clearly not being resolved as I am one of them and I know of a few others. When I contacted them concerning this issue, they were very rude with me and claimed that 'resolved' simply meant they had closed the case.
    Also, at the beginning of January 2009, Thrive was an accredited member with a rating of A-.
    In the middle of March 2009, They were no longer an accredited member with a rating of C.
    ONE WEEK LATER they were once again an accredited member with a rating of A-.
    Well, I guess we can all make more than an assumtion that the BBB clearly is rating their clients according to how well their members pay their fees.

• Be
    Ben There May 15, 2009

I've been scammed myself by Thrive Learning Institute, Internet Income Solutions, and Bright Builders. (Hiya, Zach!)

The problem is that they have no customer service and basically refuse, stonewall, and wait for you to quit.

But I've been researching for months and have narrowed down to just a handful of steps which are getting results.

Thrive Learning isn't the target - per se - they just don't deliver and can't - because they are oversubscribed. You have to get your money back from the sales floor/call center, which will then get their own money back from Thrive.

OK, here's three steps to get your money back.

1. Contact your credit card company and get them to give you a fraud report, which you fill out and return. This is regardless of how long it's been. Then request a charge-back - even if they say it was a transfer and so that's not possible. The point is to get the report on record. It goes into a database the credit card companies keep.

2. File reports with the FTC, FBI, your own state's A/G, the Utah A/G, and the Utah Division of Consumer Protection. These people are swamped right now with complaints about Thrive and their sales floors, but be persistent - that's the key. It can take months. Be Persistent.

3. Go to this forum and other forums/boards and help other people with their complaints. You can tell them these steps. Do this for five other people.

That's it - it's that simple.

Anyone wants to contact me through this forum, feel free. I'm collecting data on Internet Income Solutions, Summit Group/Consulting, Momentum Marketing and other sales floors so this data can be turned into the authorities - as well as the media.

And if you know anyone who used to work for any of these companies, send them my way. The more data, the better.

Just let me know if you need anything - I'm here to help.

• Kona Jul 05, 2009

If you are happy with their program and making money, hats off to you.

If not, please message me to join me in stopping these people.

• Kona Jul 05, 2009

Please message me to join me in stopping these people.

• Th
    ThriveLearning Jul 20, 2009

We at Thrive want to make some clarifications about what we do and what we don't do.

Thrive provides practical, actionable education to empower individuals to start and run profitable online businesses. We have improved the educational process by bringing it to a personal level. We Teach how to become an independent business owner by teaching you 'how to fish' instead of just giving you a bunch of fish.

Thrive provides an extensive back end E-library full of educational videos, guides and homework assignments to enable our clients to progress at their own pace and to provide accountability for them. Thousands of hours have been spent creating these resources and all with one goal in mind: To empower our students.

Thrive has also invested heavily in hiring coaches with considerable online business experience to walk our students through the fulfilling, exciting process of starting a new business online. Each coach has distinguished themselves with their amiable personalities, great teaching skills and above all their experience in creating and maintaining profitable online businesses in their chosen niche. They have been carefully hand-picked by our managers to ensure top quality coaching that meets the Thrive Learning Institute standard.

Thrive is not a fly by night organization so we do not sell or promote useless widgets but provide our clients with the tools they need to succeed. Our students should expect to work to build their business, they should not expect to have a profitable business handed to them but rather to build, with Thrive Learning Institute's careful guidance and direction, their own business.

Thrive is not a scam. We provide powerful, enabling products that deliver valuable information in clear, easy to understand ways. We do not take your money and run with nothing to back up our claims. Our products and coaching are well worth the price paid.

We have many successful, hard-working clients. One such client sent us this email a few days a go:

“I have made $1, 500! That has already paid back my initial investment in Thrive. I can't believe I waited years to actually try to sell something online. I don't know why I was so afraid to simply try it. For a self-professed "techno phobe" like me - that is a major step. This gave me the confidence to build a website and finally make money on the internet & not rely on an IT person or internet marketer to make all the money while I have all the risk and do all the work.” - Melanie

At Thrive we always do our best to make our clients successful, profitable and happy and those are results we regularly achieve. If you would like to see more reviews from actual customers and successful customers of Thrive please visit http://thrivelearninginstitutereview.blogspot.com/

IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THRIVE PLEASE CALL [protected]. We are committed to resolving any problems or complaints that our students may have. Calling this number will be the quickest way to resolve your concerns. Our overall goal is to empower and educate our students.

• Kona Jul 31, 2009

Has everyone seen the new ThriveLearning post? I am so happy to get this clarification of what they do and don't do. It seems they teach business people how to fish, like it says in the Bible, so now I no longer need to buy fish, I can just go and fish. I thought they were going to teach me how to build a website and gain top ten Google ratings, at least that is what I was told, and seems like many others here were told that as well. Well I do like fish, but I still don't have a website.

They are correct, the library is certainly back end as there is no front end to most of what they offer. Everything found in the library can be found for free elsewhere on the internet. The only empowerment that seems to come from Thrive is empowering us to join together to fight to get our money back and support each other.

ThriveLearning, you state that you go out of your way to hire great coaches and mentors and they are handpicked. I suppose that is similar to the individuals you handpicked to purchase your program. Perhaps you could share with us the websites that your experienced coaches are making money with? And if they are making money, as we were assured we would do, why are they working for Thrive? If they are not making money, it is because they are just too lazy, as we are?

You claim to help individuals build a profitable business… anyone on here who has done so, let’s see your last 6 month's statements, showing a profit. I guess I would not consider making a profit of $1, 500 to be "recouping my investment" since it's about 1/10 of my investment. I'd have to do that for 10 months, or more, considering the interest I'm paying. Let’s see it repeated, month after month, like we were all promised ( I think the word actually used was "guaranteed" but I can't use that word here - turns out there is no "guarantee" ).

You are a scam because you make promises and commitments that you can’t fulfill or substantiate – or your marketing outlets do. Maybe you need to rein some of them in. Such as: stating how much money can be made, certainly enough to make each month's credit card payment, or pay the bill off in three or four months.

Let’s take a poll here and see just how many agree or disagree with the things you mention here. If you want people on this forum to support you, pay the people here before we all have to blog. And start following the Utah Code Title 13 Chapters 11, 11a, and 15, and require your sales floors to do the same.

I really do hope you at ThriveLearning have a change of heart and begin to use fair and honest sales techniques. Don't you realize you are setting yourself up for problems, when you promise things that are very very very unlikely to be realized? I don't know what can be done about your outdated and ineffective website program, but perhaps you could hire some of the people on these forums to help you. Here's a suggestion: Continue selling, but with honesty, and you can focus your time and energy on customer service, rather than dealing with customer complaints. And when you run across a person that says the program isn't working for them, give them their money back, and offer to hire them. THEN you could build a TRULY good program and would have RAVE HONEST reviews. Wouldn't that be better than the pile of doo-doo that you have now?

It's sad, really, you could be so good. But you are so bad. Remember, what you put on the wheel... will come back around to you.

Robert Ramos Aug 03, 2009

I was also lured onto the Thrive/Online Data Institute/Momentum Marketing/The Summit Group scam. They got over 5k of my money and after 10months all of this, still no web site! They ruined my family's Holidays, depleted my savings and caused me great depression. I trusted them as mentors to guide me in the right direction, keep me motivated and teach me what I needed to learn to be successful. I learned every thing that was told, was just smoke and mirrors. I learned, I was lured and hooked into this deal like a large fish. I learned, I was misled into thinking I would be dealing 1 on 1 with a personnel Internet Guru mentor, not a bunch of so called “coaches”, who wasted as much of my valuable time as possible in a diabolical scheme to deplete me of time, money and/or quit out of shear frustration. I was billed $ 39.95 a month for a web site I did not have. The more work I did the more it cost me. I was given nothing I was promised by Momentum Marketing and nothing but headaches since starting this program. I have called Thrive several times about a refund for over two weeks. Zack Bradshaw, the one I need to talk to, is never at his desk and after leaving countless messages, still, no return phone call. They claim unsurpassed service, yet many other students have been taken by these crooks. Look at their complaints: www.work-at-home-forum.com/14_8845_0.html Titled, ”Has anyone ever heard of Thrive Learning Institute” All these people can not be wrong. How can they claim to help resolve any problems or complaints? It appears to be just another one of their lies. Shame on you! After reading through former student’s forum testimonials, I feel a little better in that I am not alone. I have signed a petition, organized by one of their former students, to help put a stop to these types of businesses. I will send complaints to the BBB, Attorney General, FTC, FBI, etc. and anyone who will listen. I will continue to write in various forums to help get the word out. I will not stop with all this activity until I get a full refund. Stay as far as possible from Thrive Learning. Notahappyperson some city
    U.S.A.
    I posted this on /link removed/ on Fri. and sure enough, received a call from Alex(not Zack) on Monday. Even after calling Thrive for over two weeks and leaving countless messages. This just goes to show it is their reputation they are worried about and not their customers. I spoke to him on Tuesday and explained my problem and told him I would like a refund. He then Informed me that he will verify that I paid them in full and he would call me back in one hour to refund back to my credit card. I was feeling taken again after he did not call me back. Today he did call me back and instead of a full refund he offered me $1, 000.00 and said that was all he was going to offer. I should have known. When I told him I was not going to accept nothing else but a full refund, his tone changed (for the worst)and he smugly told me that no one has received a full refund. When I told him that I know that people have received full refund, He(of all people) told me there are a lot lies out there(no kidding, this coming the den of lies itself). I told him there is also plenty of truth out there as well(Like the muzzling of Bhavesh, Worstell and others). This company is pure evil and so are the people who protect these ###. He then told me to do whatever I have to do(He should not have challenged me like that). I told him I am sending two hefty packets to the AG and BBB and he actually arrogantly laughed at me. I guess that’s what they call unsurpassed service. He told me he would inform /link removed/ that he offered a refund and I refused. I corrected him and said you did not offer me a refund you offered me a little(hush) money to make the problem(me) go away. Again, this shows Thrive is worried more about their reputation than their unsurpassed service to their customers.
    Since I have a lot time on my hands right now, I will make it my mission to get the word out …
    And complain like h***!!!
    Stay away from these lying vultures.
    P.S. Thanks for the extra motivation, Alex.

Robert Ramos Aug 03, 2009

Thrive offered me less than 1/5 of the money they were all so happy to take. Lets see now, After ;

workingtirelessly again and again on this program, stressing over how long it was taking despite putting in more hours per week than disclosed, the stress it caused with my work/spouse/family, the frustrating coaching sessions, the extra money/charges and time(never disclosed) it took, the complete draining of what little money I had, the debt with interest I incurred, the overall hassle of the experience, the overwelming feeling I bit off more than I can chew, bouts of hopeless depression, bouts of anger, a year of wasted time, not to mention the time, money and effort its taking to get my money refunded(which I am logging for the time being), I consider the amount he offered an incredible insult. A full refund is the least you should offer.
    When I told Alex I became unemployed during the course of the program, he shot back, " its not our fault you lost your job. But it is your fault I am even in this mess to begin with after not delivering what was promised.
    One of the other insulting things Alex arrogantly told me was, " you are just going to be one of those unhappy people out there".
    Hey Alex, Try one of many unhappy people ...one of many

• Ut
    Utahsucks Aug 07, 2009

Hi I am so glad I found this blog. You are soooo correct all of this garbage is coming out of Utah basically what these guys are doing is running huge call centers where they employ homeless kids. Yes it gets worse . They train these kids to do all of this stuff using Government money, and then have the kids build all these sites answer the phones ect. They then pay them commissions off of how much they rip people off.

Here is a list that I have so far.

www.doba.com--Scam

www.theshipper.com--scam

www.storesonline.com--scam

www.dropshipaccess.com--scam

www.gogodropship.com--big scam

www.prosperinc.com--scam

http://thriveli.com/--scam super scam

They are popping up new sites daily.

Also this is a very good letter about their whole set up. These Utah Mafia scams must be stopped.

I don't know if this submitted or not it just took me to a blank white page that's why I resubmitted it. Sorry

Chris D. Aug 12, 2009

I worked with concepts execution as their contract agent. I had to put $5, 900 down before reading the contract. They say that they charged my credit card before reading the contract and American Express agreed with me to, as they granted me a charge back. I got a call today saying that I am defrauding the company and I have 3 days to respond or they are going to press charges of fraud. (go figure) I called them and they wanted me to pay off the whole contract and they would let me out. I agreed to paying a prorated portion just to get them off of my back for the "services" I used. She is going to give me a call back but I am highly doubtful

• Cj
    cjinvestor Aug 13, 2009

I was one taken for 15K! Even my credit card company could not do anything and I was billed for this. I cannot pay this amount in midst of medical bill re my family and now am trusting God to take on Thrive! I admit I was stupid and gullible. This kind of scam will not continue-God will take vengeance on my behalf! They have taken advantage of good people who just want to learn so they can feed their families. I hope they also get scammed for the total they have done!

• Cj
    cjinvestor Aug 13, 2009

BTW, I AM WILLING TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE? THIS SHOULD COST THRIVE A PRETTY PENNY. MAYBE IT WILL PUSH THEM INTO BK!
    THRIVE, REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO MADOFF. YOU HAVE COST US A LOT OF PAIN.

• Be
    BenDeceived Aug 13, 2009

I was scammed by Thrive Learning as well for over 10K. Ever heard of Internet Logistics? Don't do business with either one.

Thrive has not fulfilled any of their promises they made to me. We should remember Thrive has broken many, many Utah Codes not to mention FTC rules and regulations by using deceptive business practices.

I am hoping Thrive will be honest enough to refund me my money but I will not hold my breath. My story is similar to all the rest. One lie after another. I worked very, very hard to make my website work and protested the extra charges (that we could not afford & were not informed of) many times. They were not concerned.

Also, do not do ANY business with Imax Bancard. They are not any more honest than Thrive. In fact, I believe they both are working together but then Thrive has many faces. They also use the name Jeff Paul Success Team or JP Success Team.

My website produced zero income and now my credit card is accummulating interest. My debt is just increasing. My home is for sale but homes are not selling very good inthis area.

I was guaranteed my website income would have my investment paid off within 3 months.

Thrive must be stopped. Everyone please keep writing those letters and helping others to gain the knowledge of how to get a refund.

• Lp
    lpvz4 Aug 18, 2009

I also have the same story as eveybody else here. Thrive has taken my money and refuses to refund it back to me. I just posted it on /link removed/ and I encourage everybody here with a complaint about not getting your money back to post it also on /link removed/ also I am more than willing to get with everybody to fill a lawsuit against them. Please reply so we can get a lawyer and stop these people.

• St
    Stiupid Aug 28, 2009

Hi

well I was taken for $15, 700 US and I am in Canada, when I questioned them about all this bad publicity they said it was not true and that this was all done by other marketing companies to take business away from them . Unfortunately It is too late unless we all get together and fight them would like to hear if any one has gotten money back ?

• Ih
    I hate Utah Aug 29, 2009

I signed up with Thrive in early Dec. 2008. I paid $9, 500 on promises that I would be making enough to pay my monthly card charges, plus. It is now the end of Aug. 2009 and I have not taken in one penny! This was only supposed to be an investment of only a few hours a day, but I have worked from early morning until sometimes late at night...Everyday!! I have had only two coached appointments and then was put on "Live" chat. I have sat as long as an hour on a chat session, waiting for someone to respond! I call the support number and always have to leave messages. No one ever calls back! I have been left on my own to try to recoup my investment. I have never tried to build a website before and at times have sat at this computer in tears. I lost my job because of an injury before all of this and only went on-line to see if there was a way to bring in a little extra money. That's when these guys contacted me! I was made to feel like this was a great opportunity and that they were very selective about who they chose to join their program. To this day, I regret trying to find ways to earn extra cash on-line. I don't know how any of these people sleep at night..I sure don't. I wished there was some way of getting my money back..but it has been so long now. I have heard that there might be a class action lawsuit soon. Does anyone out there know if this is true? I am in so much debt now because of these people, that I have even been hospitalized for a nervous breakdown. I hope some one out there can help...

Robert Ramos Sep 04, 2009

I hate Utah,
    There is a lot of good info in these posts... just read all the thrive complaints. You can go to these blog sites as well... lots of info:

www.saundrak.wordpress.com

There are others as well...Hopefully my site will be ready soon. There are a lot of us out there and after what we have been through...at this moment, I hate Utah too!

• Cs
    csparky Sep 09, 2009

I'm overwhelmed at the number of people Thrive has scammed. I too am a victim. My experiences are very similar to all of yours and I'm having to pay my credit card over $9, 000.00 plus the monthly website fees. I'm still kicking myself for falling for this scam. We talked with Jacob H. for 4 hours on the first call and he convinced my husband and I that I would double my investment in 4 months - "worst case scenario" (Jacob's words). I just had to show up for the appointments and they would make sure that I would succeed. What a lie - received one assignment and after that had a hard time getting ahold of them. You've heard all the bad news about how they operate. I don't need to rehash their deceit and stall tack-ticks. My latest live chat was interesting. I was told after answering one question I had that he had to leave for a meeting and ended the conversation before I could even ask another question. Their trick is that they stall to help you in the proactive stage and then in the reactive stage your pretty much on your own. If you've never done website building before - you need help, right? Their builder is now very well set up and is quite confusing to work with so you have to ask questions. Well, I'm going to try to get my money back from them somehow. I've read Ben There and cnchatten's suggestions and will relentlessly try to get these guys to pay me back the money they stole from me. Let me know when a lawsuit comes up - I'm in on it!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices