Thrive Learning Institute — Can not get money back
I have never used their website or services and returned thier software, return reciepted, and was told that I could not get money back and if I didnt continue paying on the contract I would be sent to collections.
Thrive contacted me on or around 9/18/2008. I was to have my first appointment on 9/22/2008 at 10:30 am. I was called at 11:30, an hour later and told that internet services were down in downtown Lindon. I was to be contacted at 4pm. I never heard back. The next day I e-mailed to request an elibrary password. I didnt hear back for a couple of days. Then I recieved a v/m stateing that I had to make an appointment. The guy on the phone was rude and spoke with a disturbing attitude stateing that is what up to me to set these appointments after the firt guy stated that he would contact me to schedule the appointment. I started to get frustrated and after e-mailing and calling with no response I emailed and called to get my money back.
I was contacted today, October 23rd, 2008, by Zach, and was told because I was out of my 3 day return period I could not get back my down payment. Zach informed me that if I didnt keep paying on my contract he would send me to collections.
I am now out $1, 500.00 down payment, $144.21 a month on a $5, 000.00 contract, $39.95 for software I returned, and $39.95 for monthly website rental fees.
From 9/18 to 10/23, 2008 is 25 business days, well within the 90 days and my initial contact to Thrive was within 5 days. This is a very suspicious way to do business.
More Thrive Learning Institute Complaints & Reviews
- Thrive Learning Institute - Misled
- Thrive Learning Institute - Misleading Internet Business Scam
- Thrive Learning Institute - scammed me and took $6625
- Thrive Learning Institute - BIG SCAM
- Thrive Learning Institute - scammed
- Thrive Learning Institute - internet scam
- Thrive Learning Institute - Scam
- Thrive Learning Institute - did not get what was promised
- Thrive Learning Institute - Requesting a Refund
- Thrive Learning Institute - RE: Unsurpassed customer frustraition