The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC]Trying to cash I retired

V Aug 10, 2018

I have been waiting for the forms to with draw my funds. I am retired. I called on Aug 1, 2018 the rep said she would send form that day. It is now Aug 10th no paper. We called again ...she cant understand why we have not received it and will send out another.
I asked her what the procedure was once I received the form...she explained how I have to have it notarized and get a release from former employer. I asked was there a form online I could print off to use instead of waiting for the one she is go resend me..she said no. Then I asked if there is a number to fax the completed information to she said no it has to be mailed.
So to stay ahead of the ball, I called my former employer and asked who I would send it to and would I be able to fax the form to them. My former employer doesn't even know who to direct me to get the answer. So I will call another department at my former employer. I am confident they will work with me quickly. But after they release it and I send it back to Valic its going to be a good month and a half or longer. I am looking to see if their are any forms online to fill out and mail instead of waiting for the one she is going to resend...right resend...probably never sent in the first place. But I am only surmising that so I guess it doesn't count.

• Ms
    MS.gs Jan 17, 2019

Yes. Valic used procrastination on me when I applied for my FULL Annuity, at time of my retirement. This they did . They kept putting me off until the maturity and Grace Period expired. Then the company kept over $5, 000.00 as penalty. I have tried in vain to get my money, and they would not give it to me.
    I did file a complaint with the FTC.
    GALE SPRING