The Scent WizardTwo orders never received

S

I ordered a product for Christmas 2008 which to this day, May 12th 2009, I have yet to receive. When I originally called right before Christmas, I was told that I would not receive in time and they were going to be closed after Christmas until January 5th. When I had not received at the end of January, I called them back. No answer, left message. I e-mailed them a week later when I did not receive a response. I did not get a response from my e-mail either. I checked thier track order and my product does not appear but I have an order number. I have called 1-2 times a week for the last 5 1/2 months and not once has anyone ever answered.

Since this item was for my mom and she really liked it, she tried ordering it last week. She has not received anything from The Scent Wizard so she has finally decided to give up on the product and look elsewhere. Why do they have a website if they are not shipping orders? I would highly suggest that you not waste your time on this company because they obviously do not care to return a call or e-mail, let alone sell a product.

• Bo
    bosstrainers May 29, 2009

I placed an order on April 17, 2009 and have not received the order. Today is May 29, 2009. Numerous calls have been placed and an email sent regarding the order. It has become most evident that delivery of customer service on any level is not a priority of this company. It appears that The Scent Wizard is in business to accept money for product which will NEVER be mailed to the consumer. What a rip off!!!

• Thanks for the heads-up...hopefully people will stay clear of that website.

• report them to the better business bureau in New Jersey: www.bbb.org

You could even try the attroney general's office in that State. Hope this helps!!

• Ri
    Ripken76 Jul 27, 2009

This company THE SCENT WIZARD totally ripped me off for over $160.00. They will not answer phones or e-mails & I sent NUMEROUS e-mails. I will be contacting the BBB in New Jersey also so hopefully someone else did too so they get enough complaints against them.

• Bi
    big2eyz May 29, 2010

Glad I read this befoe placing my order. Does anyone have any recommendations for any site that does good business for this type of product???

• Sh
    SharonJ Jun 30, 2010

I wish I had found this post before I was out $35.00!!

I placed an order 2 weeks ago. Order is "pending" no answer by email or phone when I attempted to cancel.

• Cw
    C Waller Sep 11, 2010

I placed an order on 8/2/10 and still have not received the order and today is 9/11/10!!! I have called them and emailed and got no response. The order has said "pending as status" since it was placed 8/2/10. They charged my card right away and did not deliver.

jocontri Jan 12, 2011

I also ordered gifts before Christmas. They took $ out of my account but no products, and no reply through email or phone. These items were ordered over 5 weeks ago. They took me for $52.00. Warn EVERONE about "The Scent Wizard." I think I will go to bbb.com and report them even if others have already. We should all report them!

I guess they never got shut down. Today is 1/12/2011. The Scent Wizard is still taking your money with giving you your products. DO NOT SHOP AT THE SCENT WIZARD!!!

jocontri Jan 12, 2011

Scent Wizard does not give you your products!!! Typo

• Gr
    Grandma M May 13, 2011

I order from this company all the time. I have never had a problem except one time they did not answer an email so I ended up calling them. I got my questions answered quickly and professionally. Honestly I would not care so much normally about a company but this company is one of the good ones in my book. Did you ever think maybe it was shipped and the post office never delivered it or they delivered it to the wrong house. I cannot tell you how many times I get my neighbors mail and packages. I am sure if you have a problem or question you can email them and if you dont get a response within 24 hours call them. If that does not work you can message me and I will give them hell for ya :)

• Bf
    B Fuhriman Jan 10, 2012

I placed an order with this company on Dec 12 2011 for a christmas gift. It is now January 10 2012 i have called a least seven times to only get a message that says they are on another line and will return my call a.s.a.p, no one has ever called me back.I have sent numerous emails and i get a auto responce that says they will respond with in one to two business days.I never hear from any one at this company.They took the money out of my account on the 15th of December.This company is a RIP OFF company.DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM.
    B FUHRIMAN

jocontri Jan 11, 2012

I am sorry that happened to you, B Fuhriman. It happened to me too during the holiday season of [protected]. It was my first time ever ordering with this Co. I called the BBB because as you did, I also called time after time and emailed many, many times and got no reply. It was stressful and some gifts went without being given. However, about 6 months later I did receive a partial shipment of the products in the mail and a partial credit to my shipping charge. I believe they should send you your entire order! I love their products, but I went through months of being cheated by them and getting the BBB involved, so I will not be ordering from them again. Their products are comforting, smell good and their are lots to choose from. I finally found a Co. that sold products that I love and could give as gifts but their customer service def disappointed! Joanne

Brittanicals Feb 13, 2012

I placed an order for 19.46 on 2-1-2012. Although it still reads "pending, " as of [protected], my credit card was charged promptly. Numerous calls and emails later, and still no contact. I should have looked here first. Luckily, it was not intended for a gift, or a huge sum, but this is still unacceptable. Will be pursuing complaints with BBB, and my CC company.

Brittanicals Feb 14, 2012

So, after commenting on their FB page, referencing my order number, and linking to the other complaints here, I received a call with an apology, trouble with employees, ect. ect. She offered an "upgrade" to my order. I declined, an upgrade to nothing is still nothing. I want my money back.

• Th
    The Scent Wizard Feb 14, 2012

1 hr 24 mins ago by Brittanicals 0 Votes

The Scent Wizard's Response...
    We offered to double the sizes on her order to make up for that fact that her order was delayed, but she requested a refund instead. We offer thousands of products and have a lot of suppliers and sometimes things get delayed. This order was delayed by one of our suppliers so we honored her request and refunded the order. We are also sending out the order free of charge tomorrow. We did in fact attempt to contact her by phone prior to today but we were unable to get her on the phone. I am unsure as to whether or not a message was left on her voice mail or not.

We have been in business for over 10 years and have thousands of customers, , and just recently stumbled on this site which we feel offers a one sided view of the situation. I myself placed an order a little after Christmas with JC Penney and did not receive it until a month later, and one of the items was cancelled all together. If you leave a message for us on our voice mail we will return the call within 24 hours excluding holidays and weekends. If you contact us by email you will also get a response within 24 hours by email. If you do not see the email from us within 24 hours check your spam folder.

If you need to call us our number is [protected]. Our email is [protected]@thescentwizard.com. We will try to check in here and there to this post but the quickest way to get a response is to email or call us directly.

• Mo
    Mommyof3boys Feb 14, 2012

To be honest, I cannot help but wonder if these complaints are bogus or just rare happenings. I have had nothing, but positive experiences with them and have even sent one of their reps a thank you card for being so helpful. I do not spend alot of money because i am on SSI, but even my 20.00 order every now and then is handled promptly. I admit on some occasions they may ship slower, but I have always gotten my products. One person who ordered 3 years ago and is still commenting on other posts makes me wonder if she is a real customer or someone just out to make them look bad.

Brittanicals Feb 14, 2012

I have checked my spam folder, and nothing is in there. I appreciate your response here, but it bothers me that it took this. I think that I am well within my rights to request a refund, when I have not been contacted for nearly 13 days, and have little to go on to guarantee that what your company is offering would be honored. It is not a concern with the delay, so much as the fact that I was not contacted or responded to, and I do not feel that "problems with employees" was an ok thing to say...just own the mistake and then move on from there.

Brittanicals Feb 15, 2012

Wanted to note that my account has as of now been credited. It is too bad, I tend to use a lot of scented oils, and was looking forward to the order. As of this am, my order placed with an ebay vendor less than a week ago has arrived.

• Ve
    verydisappointed78 Mar 15, 2012

i had placed an order for two lamps and a bottle of oil they sent me a tracking number and a list of the items sent i recieved the oil but never the lamps and i that was about three months ago and the never answer the phone nor emails. is there anything i can do?

• Th
    The Scent Wizard Mar 17, 2012

Verydisappointed78, I am with the CS Dept of The Scent Wizard, Id like to get to the bottom of this. Can you please message me with your info so that I may look into the order. I tried to search by city and have not come up with any orders. Either that or you can email us at [protected]@thescentwizard.com. Thanks :)

• Ag
    A. Glasheen Jul 25, 2012

Let me add my name to the long list of people who have received poor (or no) customer service when there is a problem with an order. I did finally get my order after weeks of waiting; however, the order is incomplete. I have emailed multiple times - they have never responded. I've called - they don't answer and their mailbox is full. I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB.

Brittina Aug 27, 2012

The Scent Wizard is a HORRIBLE company, they have no customer service at all, I sent them a email about my order, still to this day I have heard nothing, I will post a BAD review on Yelp, and contact the BBB. this company needs to be shut down!!

• Cd
    CD85 Sep 15, 2012

I have a very good idea here for all of you who have been ripped off here & written about it. I am having trouble with them now too with my one & only order that I placed with them. They are not responding to my emails regarding the shipment of my order. I have not received & tracking number or a tracking confirmation from them for my order in 8 days now. I know what I'm in for with them now. I wish that I had read all of this feedback before I purchased from them. Anyway, read below.

If any of you are familiar with Mcafee SiteAdvisor free, you can go to siteadvisor.com & download this add-on for your web browser. it is 100% free & made by Mcafee. When you download this add-on you can go to The Scent Wizard website & leave bad site feedback for them using this add-on after you register with Mcafee for free to become a Site Advisor public reviewer with their free add-on. This will help to get the word out to many people that are about to order from this website or considering to order something from this website & will make them aware of the troubles & problems here that you have had with this website.
    Please do this & keep our world & people safe from this website. Your negative feedback will not go away or disappear for this website once written & posted using Mcafee SiteAdvisor free. It will stay there for ever as far as I know because it's permanent feedback for the website when you use Mcafee SiteAdvisor.

Once you download & install this add-on for your web browser, you will need to go to the website for this company. Once there, click on the Mcafee toolbar button & then, View Site Report. Then you will be at the siteadvisor.com website & need to scroll down to the very bottom of the page. Then click on, View Community Reviews & scroll down once again to the bottom. You will then see an area where you need to enter a User name & Password to log in & leave site feedback. If you are not already a Mcafee SiteAdvisor user, than you will need to register by clicking on, (Not a reviewer, yet? Register and leave a review of this site). Once you have done these few steps; you are now free to leave negative feedback & write about this specific website & any others that have caused you problems in the past.

Hope this helps.

• Le
    ledouxb Oct 19, 2012

I am very disappointed with The Scent Wizard. I have been using them for years and this last time I ordered I never received my products. I ordered on 07/23/12 and they charged my credit card on 08/22/12. My order status said Shipped, but I have never received my products. I have emailed them four times and have not received on response. I have never had this problem with them before so I was trying to give them a chance, but I had to report them to the Better Business Bureau because I don't think they should keep my money without sending me my order and I am very unhappy that they will not even respond to my emails, it seems shady to me.

• Ms
    mslynn1956 Nov 20, 2012

I was a victim of the Scent Wizard. Ordered product from them for $86.31; never received the product. Called numerous times at [protected]; no response, thereafter, unable to leave messages because the machine was full. I was horrified to find out today (11/20/2012) that the company has debited the money from our account. In addition, called [protected] a telephone number listed on our bank account as a contact for debiting our money. I had my son go the the company address at 17 Muzzy Road, Little Falls, NJ 07424 and discovered that the address is a residential estate; no company; my son saw a woman go into the property and attempted to ring the door bell but no one came to the door. My son took pictures of the property including the license plate number: VMK 23C (New Jersey). I am alerting the police and contacting the Better Business Bureau; I want this person arrested. I am forwarding the information to our bank because we have requested to reverse the money back to our account. I am from New Jersey; now living in Florida and am furious for falling for this scam. If anyone wants copies of the pictures showing the license plate; email to [protected]@mail.com.

• Ka
    Karrie Gilbert Mar 01, 2013

I was a victim of The Scent Wizard also and I am usually pretty careful before ordering from new sites. $110.00 is currently processing on my credit card and I will have to let it complete before filing a dispute with my creditor, then they will credit me back.
    I have left SO many phone messages, emails and emails on live chats on their site but haven't heard one word. Something needs to be done to shut these criminals down!

• Pa
    Paula Sircus Jul 25, 2013

I have also experienced a great deal of frustration with this company. order placed 6/22/13 never received. Called and emailed no response have an order number and a customer ID # Will continue to try to get my order but will never order from this company again
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Pe
    Pete2 Jan 27, 2014

Here's what happened to me. My order was placed in January 2014 and The Scent Wizard charged my Debit/Credit card $ 22.10 and then within 5 days they credited my account for the same amount. Not sure why this was done but after reading these posts I'm glad I got my money back. I too try to be very careful when ordering online and this is the first time anything like this has happened. From now on I will read all complaints when dealing with a new company online. Do not order anything from this company unless you like to lose your money.

Comments