The RoomStoreWarranty/Master Seal

I purchased a sofa, love seat and ottoman with the protection plan and "master seal". The salesman John Wier said everything was covered and NO Hassle. To put this in a nutshell they never came to clean stains after I called them in within 24 hours. John stole money from me and is a liar. I would not suggest anyone purchasing from that store or any of its affiliates!

• Ta
    TamaraAllmond Apr 30, 2015

Hi Angeline410, I am in the same position, please let me know if you were able to get you warranty on your furniture. I bought a dining room set from the RoomStore in Columbia, MD in 2011. The leg is cracked and I am trying to get it fixed. No one will fix/repair it without a purchase order from The RoomStore.

Angeline410 Mar 12, 2015

So, ok what do we do if we purchased a 5 year extended warranty on our furniture at a Roomstore in Temple, Texas. A year later we tried to use our warranty due to one of our cushions on the sofa was torn. We were advised that the store was in the process of filing bankruptcy and there was a hold on all warrant request. Needless to say, my couch was never repaired and now I can't not get a hold of anyone regarding my loss of warranty money. I paid $400 for my warranty because I purchased two rooms of furniture. Does anyone have a clue as to what I can do to try and get my warranty money back?

• Ra
    rammons Apr 11, 2012

We also bought a sectional couch from the Roomstore in Spring, Tx last July and bought the 5 year warranty. A month ago we asked for a service man come look at one of our cushions and he did. He said he placed an order for new cover for the cushion because it had a few small holes in it. Two days later we get a call from North Carolina stating that they no longer make this couch and will not honor the warranty. We are now trying to decide how to proceed with an upholstery company because it isn't a simple fix.

• Mi
    Michelle Kenney Jan 14, 2012

My fiance and I purchased a couch from here as well. I too believe our salesman's name was John, though I do not completely remember. We purchased a sectional couch that was on the showroom floor. We were told we had to buy the couch on the showroom floor at FULL cost even though it was partly used.. if we did not want the used one we would have to wait until February for our couch and this was something we needed right away. We agreed to pay full price for this partly used couch since we really loved the piece. They promised us it would be off the showroom floor wrapped and ready THAT day (considering we are paying FULL price) three days later I came in and they were JUST starting to move it.. They also promised it would be wrapped and ready for pick up when we had the means to pick it up.. we couldn't pick it up for two-three weeks and it still WAS NEVER WRAPPED.. SO first they didn't take it off showroom floor as quickly as promised and second it was sitting in there garage like store room for three weeks and it was never wrapped up (to keep it free from debris and such) and like I said we paid FULL price for this. This is very bad business in my opinion. We would have told them we didn't want the couch and would have raised hell about it if we hadn't already spent 100$ renting a truck from u haul to pick up the damn couch. Now we were also told our coffee table and end table would be here around Jan. 1st and he (the sales man) would keep us posted on them, we have yet to receive a call or notification about our coffee / end tables.. I'm not really mad about that though, we knew those would be here late.. but the couch thing has made a real impact on how I will talk about that company.. Word of mouth is the best advertisement, and I have a feeling they are getting a lot of BAD advertisement.. Hopefully they keep there promises to the next person whom purchases from them.

• Tj
    tjobe Feb 16, 2011

Ms Henderson,
    I don't recall speaking with you. I am sorry if I did and you left unsatisified. That is not my goal.

Sare henderson Aug 26, 2010

I have also gotten the run around with Roomstore. I have personaly talked to tjobe and she is NO help either. DO NOT purchase anything from this company unless you want to replace it within 5 years!

• Tj
    tjobe Apr 22, 2010

I am the Director of Customer Loyalty. I would love to assist you with the claim you have reported. Please contact me at [email protected]