The National Congress of Employers/ CrossAmerica Health PlansUnpaid Claims

C

I signed up with this insurance agency several months ago. When I first signed up I was very suspicious of the company because of the extremely low rates and a lot of the terminology used to explain everything. But then they sent me all the information through the mail and I checked it all out and everything seemed legit.
After my coverage began I was instructed that I would be able to see out of Network Providers and as long as I paid out of pocket that I could submit a claim and then be reimbursed within 6-8 weeks.
I have submitted 2 claims.
After a long period of time and no response I contacted them and they told me they never received a claim. I resubmitted and still have not heard anything.
Last month I received a new card with a new address for their location, they were previously located in Parsippanny New Jersey.
I have been trying to get through with the phone number on the card but every extension on the automated system leads me to a message that says that extension is unavailable. I tried several other numbers to no avail until I got a woman that said they were in the middle of a merge maybe that was the reason why...
I thought I would log onto the website to see if I could get more info but the website they were using previously is no longer in existence!! And instead I found a bunch of rip-off of people having the same experience as I am. I would love to be able to help in anyway to try and track them down if in reality they are a scam. In the mean time i guess keep trying the run around. Please contact me via email
Thanks
I

• Ks
    K.S. Oct 17, 2008

I need someone to let mek now how they got out of this, I am in the same situation and have already spoke to the bank about a stop payment so they don't get more money out of me. I have faxed and mail a letter resquesting cancellation but I am afraid that they are going to ignore me as well. Someones answer will be big help for me also.

• Ho
    hopevans77 Apr 05, 2018

@K.S. Below are the owners of these insurance companies, they own a lot more then just the below. Look their names up here https://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Fort-Lauderdale/corey-s-shader/36233422.aspx
    They have over 30 companies because they need to keep changing the names. Only a matter of time before they are sued and have to pay damages. Their names are all over online they have been doing this to people for a long time. Below are address's where they bought their Million dollar houses along with office locations and phone numbers.
    Owners:
    Insurance Location:
    555 SW 12th Ave, Ste 120, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
    Facebook page:

• Tina Dec 02, 2008

I have submitted a claim to this insurance company twice, and called Customer Srvice at least 5 times to check on the statice of those claims! I have recieved absolutely No word one way or the other, and there is no phone number to call the claims department directly. I was forced to cancel the insurance because I had to pay my medical bill out of pocket!
    I have been ripped off!

• Id
    ida yermakova Jan 03, 2009

I signed up with this insurance agency several months ago, National Congress of Employers for plan called PPO Multiplan.
    My coverage was supposed to start December 1, 2008. I was charged premium $344 on November 5. I have never received any insurance cards, or emails or any mail, or any correspondence. I got very suspicious, called 5 times and every time got the same answer, someone will get back to you, but nobody did. I'm trying to see if I can get my money back. I thought I would find their website to see if I could get more info but the website doesn't exist!! And instead I found a lot of rip-off of people having the same issues as I am. Can somebody help me or point me in the right direction. How do they get away with this.

• Te
    Ted L. Bader Jan 21, 2009

1/21/09: Please contact your state Insurance Commissioner's office with complaints regarding this entity. You can find the contact information by going to www.naic.org and clicking on your state in the listing of insurance departments. For residents of the state of Washington, please contact me directly with your complaint.

Ted L. Bader, Chief Investigator, Legal Division
    Office of Insurance Commissioner
    POB 40255
    Olympia, WA [protected]
    [protected]@oic.wa.gov

• Ro
    Robin Jan 30, 2009

I have the exact same story as ida yermakova. Exactly. They are rude, unprofessional and accused me of throwing away the insurance cards, which I still have not received. I am cancelling this insurance and filing a claim with the insurance comissioner.

• Ka
    kate Feb 14, 2009

I also signed on for the med. ins. They cashed my check ahead of time, actually on the day I wanted to cancel. The 1st of the month falls on a sun. so I signed the paper they faxed me to cancel my coverage and they claimed they didn't recieve it which I do not believe. Then I did it again the next day and they recieved it. However instead of just keeping my process fee and returning my premium money they said Quote..." she is not getting her refund back" ... I was told basically too bad I canceled too late. I canceled before the 1st. This company needs to refund people and be shut down!

• Vi
    Vicky Mar 04, 2009

I'm glad I came across this websit after Googling National Congress of Employers. They already charged the $344.50 on my card, and I just received the welcome letter. I just called Health & Life Direct and asked them to send me the cancellation form, which I'll fax after writing this message.

-Vicky
    Queens, New York

• Rh
    R.Holmesly Jun 29, 2009

I today got the run around. I am very shocked that they are able to run a service in this fashion. i will go through all proper channels to help resolve this matter. They take your money and do not have any problem avoiding questions by there automated system in place. Where is the call back they promised?

• Al
    Alicia C Aug 18, 2009

They are horrible. I canceled in December and am still getting bills from Quest Diagnostics for claims they will not pay. They covered nothing!!! This is the 4th bill I have gotten regarding fees they will not pay and I have tried to fight every one... but they would not pay any of them. I am going to see about a class action suit against them. I paid 244 every month for a year just to have to cover all of my medical bills anyway. UGHhhh... do not sign up for The National Congress of Employers or for Health and Life Direct. (Which I think is the same shady company.)

• 0h
    0henry Nov 03, 2009

I submitted a quote request from www.gohealthinsurance.com and about 15 minutes later I received a phone call from an insurance rep on a medical plan that sounded too good to be true. I got suspicious when he asked me for my bank name and routing number. He claimed I needed to submit my $75 application fee and make my first month premium. The name of this insurance is CoreValue Medical. Their sponsor>>> National Congress of Employers. Beware...
    www.corevaluemedical.com

• Te
    tedmac Mar 18, 2010

I'm glad I found this page. I was just on CoreValue website and thought it looked pretty good. I see I should probably can that idea! Thanks
    tedmac

• Ca
    casey see May 10, 2010

Network: Multiplan
    Group: National Congress of Employers
    Underwriter: American Medical Life
    Plan: Core Value Medical

Wow -- just got off the phone with these folks and they used every hard sell technique I'd ever heard of. Verbally, the plan sounded good so I asked for some confirmation.

It sounded too good to be true -- a good rate, guaranteed issue, maintain HIPPA eligibility, and negotiated provider rates at 30% of list. After reading this thread, it is too good to be true.

To their chagrin, I continued to ask questions.

No - there was no website with any plan details i could review. No - they could not e-mail a summary description. No -- they could not mail me any information until after I had paid to sign up. She was willing to review it more slowly so that I could take notes. They would send me plan info only AFTER I signed up and sent in payment. The alarm bells were going off.

When I was ready to hang-up, she put her supervisor on the phone. Suddenly, there was a website that we could review together (www.corevaluemedical.com). However, only a supervisor was allowed to provide the url. There was at least a written summary. More alarm bells.

When I said I'd call them back in a few days, they said they represented over forty companies, this was the only plan I would qualify for, and there were only two slots left in my state because it was a special offer than had been running for a few weeks. They said the cost of the plan would DOUBLE once the two slots were taken. That doesn't even make sense. ALARM BELLS RINGING IN MY EARS LOUDLY.

At this point, there was no question that I would not commit. I told them I'd take the risk and call them back later. After finding this website, I'm glad I pushed them off. I didn't like the sales experience but it looks just marvelous compared to some of the listed claims experience.

MAW9 Jun 07, 2010

I have been trying to get health insurance for a while now, and have been denied because of pre-exisiting conditions. I received a call this afternoon with a salesperson named Karen, saying I was pre-approved for Health Insurance regardless of any possible pre-existing conditions.

I asked her what company she was from-AIG Insurance/MultiPlan. I never heard of it, I said. She explained they are the largest Health Insurance company in the US. She ran off a list of the benifits I could get if I applied for this Insurance, and they covered everything! Basically I would only have to pay the premium. She said I would have no co-pay, or deductable. "Really?" If I wanted to cancel I could do it anytime.

I began asking alot of questions. "How did they get my information?", "How can they offer such a low premium when this country having such problems with healthcare.?" "Do my doctors accept this insurance?" She put her supervisor on (Indian accent).

The supervisor said I was being extremely skeptical and that they are a legitimate insurance company. I asked if I could get a list of providing doctors. They asked who my doctor was and almost immediately said that they were a provider. "Really?" I asked if I could see the website with a list of providers. They connected me to a website that did not connect AIG and MultiPlan together which I did not understand; and so I looked and it said that my doctor took the insurance. Like a dummy I gave her my credit card number. Then I read the bottom of the page which stated that although the providers are updated weekly, it is possible that they do not take this insurance anymore. Dang-it!

So I told her that I would call my doctors and see if they took this insurance; and I got off the phone with them and proceded to call the office. As I was dialing, they were calling me! Karen said they could call them for me? I told her that was not helpfull. I need to talk to them myself so I feel secure in choosing this insurance.

When I got in touch with the receptionist at my doctors office, she said she never heard of this insurance before. Then, I got another call from AIG/MultiPlan. Karen was very sweet, but her supervisor was short tempered and nasty. She said she would call the Dr.s office to see if they still take it. Karen got back on the line and two seconds later the supervisor told Karen that they still take the insurance. Really? I dont think so. Im supposed to believe this supervisor talked to my doctors office and found out they take the insurance in two seconds when the receptionist told me she never heard of it? Im supposed to take a strangers word? Rediculous. She was offended. Boo hoo! This is my hard earned money you are asking for! I kept saying that I wanted to take my time before verifying my membership. Each time I said this they got more and more pushy. I finally just told the supervisor that I was going to check this company out and call them back and hung up.

After doing some research online, Karen called me again. She asked if I called my doctor. I said no, but I did find out that MultiPlan health insurance is a scam and she need not call again. I knew it was too good to be true.

Thanks everybody for their stories. You saved me from a big loss. Im sorry for yours.

• Le
    LEDETCoastie Jun 29, 2010

Wow, I was looking for insurance for my unmarried & pregnant 20 year old daughter. Valerie from Homeland Health Care (uses Multiplan) was using the same tactics to get me to enroll. After carefully looking at other options, I returned Valerie's 3 messages and she gave me the same info that others have received. I was debating the issue and she began to apply a little pressure. I quickly told her that I wanted to research my options and that I would call her the next day. When she calls me, I'm going to tell her that I'm onto their little scam! Thank you fellow insurance consumers for the warning.

JayChar Jul 14, 2010

I got a call (#[protected]) and same thing. They wanted everything on phone (SSN, credit card, etc). I didn't give anything, Just asked them to send me an email with all the info and I will go over myself and do my own research.
    Thanks guys. Keep up good work!

• Beldar Dec 04, 2010

Lookie here...

PJP Health Agency (formerly known as Health and Life Direct) now has a Facebook Page! I guess that they are looking to branch out to rip off even more people!

• Pa
    Pacerguy21 Jan 04, 2011

I just read ohenry's complaint about corevalue. He is not well versed into how health insurance works. There is an application fee and the monthy premiums are paid via Electronic Funds Transfers. That is the reason that the bank information was requested. There was no hook. That is the way things are done. It sounds like he cost himself an insurance policy he could have used.

• Here are the names, titles, telephone numbers, and email addresses of some of the individuals who are currently investigating the dubious business practices of PJP Health Agency (and their MANY aliases). I would like to urge all those who have been ripped off, lied to, or deceived by the con artists at PJP Health Agency (doing business as "The National Congress of Employers/CrossAmerica Health Plans") to contact the individuals listed below as soon as possible!

Angela Cascarano

MVP Health Care
    Email address: [protected]@mvphealthcare.com

• Al
    Al Graves Apr 01, 2011

they took money out of my bank before payment was due causing an overdraft. they promised me no pre existing clause but when i got the paperwork i found that i wont be covered for my pre existing problem. i found them rude and unhelpful on the phone please stay away from this company National Congressof Employers are ripoff artist. Al Graves Akron Ohio.

• Me
    MeMal May 22, 2011

I am also a member of the National Congress Of Employers. I have been paying $335.00 a month since this January of 2011. They have several claims from my doctor dating back from january, 2011, I asked them if they have been paid. They Said they just received The claims on April 28, 2011, and they have a month to pay them. They said when They pay the claims I will receive a benefits explaination letter. I do not beleive that my doctor would treat me in January, and wait to send in the claim in April 28, 2011

• Si
    sidmarie Dec 13, 2011

I have been looking for individual affordable health insurance since I lost my job, I got 3 phone calls from this company with great offers, but I am always skeptical of great offers, specially when they asked to sign up right away and to give them my bank info. Thank God I decided to check them out. I will contact the consumer services bureau to let them know that they are out there trying hard to get innocent victims to give them their bank information.

• Tr
    truthinshopping Aug 14, 2012

MULTIPLAN Insurance is such a ripoff. They claim to be so helpful and wonderful, but when I decided not to continue with the insurance, they wore exceptionally rude. I have never experience this type of attitude with a company ever in my entire life! BEWARE!!! AUG 14, 2012~

• Ga
    GabrielaW Sep 19, 2012

The National Congress Of Employers is not where near "Insurance" . It is an association that claims they can help people get affordable "Health Insurance". After signing up with them and paying them they will send you a package explaining that they are a "Discount Medical Plan".

Companies like this need to be regulated and punished for misinterpretation. Especially since ObamaCare will force us all to deal with scams like this.

• Ta
    Taken for fools Feb 17, 2013

How does one get their money back from this scam? This is terrible, my husband is in extreme pain and we've got a Specialist looking at him come Tuesday morning. We R so screwed!!! God help us!

• Sh
    sharong582 Dec 01, 2013

I used this company back in 2008 and was researching again to see if they were still around. I never had experiences like described here. All of my visits were covered. It was a little concerning when I got Quest Diagnostics bills in the mail, but they were always followed up by letters from the insurance company detailing what was paid. I never owed anyone. Communication could have been better. I canceled when money got really tight and was not given a problem. The gentleman was polite and didn't try to talk me out of it.

I do recall the hard sell tactics, which I don't feel like dealing with again, but my experience with the insurance itself was good.

• Lo
    Lois Scherman Dec 06, 2013

This scam is horrible! I can't get rid of them ripping me off. not much chance of any recovery, Maybe a class action suit? count me in

• Be
    beta 9 Dec 27, 2013

I was contacted this morning (12/27/2013) from a Ph. # in Marysville, Washington [protected] and talked with John [protected].
    He offered me a plan through National Congress of Employers, (now NCE) that seem to fit what I needed.
    I came here first when I thought that it was just a little too good to be true.
    I would like to thank everyone that has posted here. I was about to make the same mistake. I'm actually shaking at the moment, because I was very close to giving them my Visa Card #.
    While I am sorry for everyone that has been on the wrong side of this mess, but I am very appreciative of your posted personal experiences.
    Thank you!!!

anonnymus May 14, 2014

This company is ripoffs I am suing them for they said they are insurance company but they are just discount only not insuance. Because of Obama care I get those insurance and stuck with it. We canceled the policy immidently but they charged on our credit card called credit card company and explain situation they gonna take care of it and thy still didn't pay us anything yet. So finally made decision for it to suing that NCE.

• Ta
    Tammi75 Nov 19, 2014

Has anyone one had anything good out of this thing? I went to the hospital last night thinking I have insurance! I have had this for about 6 months but never really had to use it so now I'm afraid I am going to have to pay out of pocket. Some one please give me some advice!

janet 67 oliver Dec 22, 2014

They just call e and told me a hard line of ### so I came here to check this company out thanks for the heads up, you all just saved me a big headache, Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Mad customer! Jun 02, 2016

Please please stay away from this company. Deceptive. Manipulative. Told me I was purchasing an insurance plan. They refused to give me plan information until I went through lengthy interview with specialist. ITS A DISCOUNT MEDICAL CARD!!! It is NOT an insurance plan. I called my bank IMMEDIATELY to stop the payment. I cannot believe after all these complaints, years of complaints...that this business is still legally operating. Thieves!!!

• Ro
    Roxanne Dimacale Sep 15, 2016

Hey ! I Appreciate the facts ! Does someone know if I might be able to acquire a template NY DTF ST-330 example to use ?

• De
    del2000 Oct 11, 2016

IT’S A SCAM… DO NOT USE… National Congress of Employers
    I needed Affordable health care… I am low income and couldn’t afford to pay for regular health care insurance.
    I saw on line an offer of Healthcare insurance for under $100 a month. Even that amount would be a problem to find but I had to have something.
    I contacted the company and whoever I spoke to on the phone assured me this was exactly what I needed. It would cover me for all my medical and doctors’ visits and I wouldn’t have to pay for prescriptions…
    IT WAS ALL A LIE…
    At first they wanted $204 to sign up but when I said I didn’t have that much they reduced it to $124 as a first instalment.
    After I had signed up and paid the $124 … Only then did I discover that it wasn’t insurance at all, it was a “DISCOUNT CARD”…. Which meant I would be offered a discount on my doctors’ visits and prescriptions, it didn’t cover me for anything, and the only doctors who accepted the card and would give me a discount were miles away from where I live.
    IT WAS ALL A LIE… BAIT AND SWITCH … I have been LIED TO, CHEATED, AND CONNED
    IT’S A SCAM… DO NOT USE… National Congress of Employers

This firm are ghouls praying on the poor, sick and needy, people that can afford to be ripped off the least.
    I hope they rot in hell!

• Ka
    Karen Mkhitaryan Jul 20, 2017

How can you trust a business (Quest Diagnostics), if it allows an established CRIMINAL woman an access to the patient records or tests? That criminal is Marina Noble (former Marine Mkhitaryan, DOB 06/02/1966), an Armenian immigrant who has hardly survived deportation, and now residing in 4 Repton Circle, Apt. 4101, Watertown, MA 02472.

From her country Armenia to the USA, Marina's biography is satiated with multiple crimes: fraud, identity theft, credit card hacking/using, shoplifting, bad wording about everybody, FALSIFYING documents (including medical records, IDs), mail fraud (randomly picking attorney names from the Internet and composing fake letters under their names and without their awareness), prostitution, libels, scandals, slanders, opening fake email account under the names of individuals she knows personally and sending vulgar and hacking emails to others from those fake (impersonating). She has stayed in the USA through IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Marina Noble came to the USA through Edmund Muskie program (when she did not know a single English word then), violated the 212 E immigration code and stayed after the program [protected]) against the regulations of the J1 visa and Immigration Law. She survived deportation by randomly locating an alcoholic unemployed lost person (William Noble from West Yarmouth, MA), dating him when he was still married, breaking his family and marrying him with her pregnancy from another man. The child, Sophia Noble, was born way before their marriage registration. The Immigration has been very nice to her, by closing eyes to her fraud and false intent statement (in waiving the 212E rule) and therefore, we all ended up in an intricate situation when this DANGEROUS CRIMINAL works in Quest Diagnostics.

Marina Noble photographs patient records from Quest Diagnostics and embeds them in her anonymous Internet posts that she opens under various doctors' names to put those doctors in trouble (for breach of privacy, when her targeted doctors remain of those impersonating postings). Marina Noble is a SICK-In-THE-HEAD terror. She must be stopped!

Everybody: follow your citizenship duties and report to the USCIS and Homeland Security about this woman (Marina Noble), so her immigration history and files will be revisited. More likely, she will not be deported as she formed a so-called family in the USA on the ruins of others, but at least she will pay the fine ($20, 000 - $100, 000) for her false intent and for lying to the Immigration Authorities. This is how this country must thrive, by recovering its budget through fining the grand-criminals and allocating the funs for the welfare of children, seniors, and veterans..

Marina Noble is the low, petty and hooligan version of Bernie Madoff. She cannot keep a job as each time she is being kicked out for doc falsifications and fraud.. She has a wealth of criminal records and warrants. Doesn't the Quest D's CEO know this? Formerly, Marina Noble was bragging and false-misrepresenting herself as the owner of Atlantic Clinical Trials LLC (in watertown, MA) then the web-listing of that phantom company was removed by her, after her fraud was released (she would locate random names from cemeteries, or online, and open fake patient records to report to clinical trial agencies that she has performed phase-1 drug efficiency trial on those persons, who sadly would remain unaware that their names being used by that criminal woman). Marine Noble's elder daughter, Azniv Shahverdyan, has also worked shortly with Quest Diagnostics (an entire criminal family attacking on this serious business and patient records...)

Marina Noble's and her daugher Azniv Shahverdyan's pictures are attached below, together with my receipt they have published in the Internet without my consent. WIth that, they did not intent to harm me, yet with that they wanted to harm the doctor under whose name they have published their posts (impersonation, class-3 felony crime), disseminating their hooliganic posts in multiple hate sites and forums. These two Armenian women (Marina Noble and Azniv Shahverdyan) must be imprisoned.

Comments

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices