Menu
The Men's Warehouse
reviews & complaints

The Men's Warehouse
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

29 complaints
4 resolved 25 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Men's Warehouse. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
R
3:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son has a event so we went to get measured for his tux. We get there and no one is to be found. So I walk around the store and the 3 workers that were there were stuffing there face. The 1 closest to the door was pissed that we were there. She rolled her eyes and said are lunch just got there. All 3 employees should not be taking lunch at the same time...

M
7:01 pm EDT

The Men's Warehouse - never go there

I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am with your company. Here are the highlights:

1. On my first visit, I felt like I was in a deli line at the supermarket. I stood idle as the entire staff simply walked around me and not acknowledging my presence. Finally a clerk pulled me aside and said that she could measure me for my tux rental for my daughter’s wedding.
2. As she wrote down the measurements, I noticed that she put down a 40 inch waist. I informed her that after recently losing 20 pounds, I was very proud that my waist was 35”. She said, “what we measure is a bit different than your actual waist size.” though I was skeptical, I let it pass.
3. She then directed us to the rental coordinator. This women had no customer service skills whatsoever. Again, we stood there waiting not knowing how to proceed. Finally, she said, “i’ll be right with you.”
4. When we sat down with this woman (a very large, heavy set woman), we gave her the details on my daughter’s wedding. She clearly wasn’t listening to us as she pulled up a screen and said, “so your son is getting married.” we corrected her and she laughed saying, “I always forget that the first name is the groom’s on the screen.” duh! How does one forget that basic item?
5. As she asked us questions about our rental, her eyes never engaged us.in fact, at one point she hollered out something to another associate about 15 feet away from us. Clearly, she made us feel like we were a major inconvenience to her. When we asked questions to clarify what she was asking — i.e. Do you want 3 buttons or 2 buttons — she sighed as if we were idiots. This is the first time i’ve rented a tux in over 20 years! How was I to know things about the selections?
6. After putting all the info in the computer, she took our down payment. She handed us the receipt and said “you are all set.” I asked, “what do you mean?” she said, “just come and pick up the suit.” when was the obvious question? Again she sighed, 3 days before the wedding — again making us feel like idiots.
7. Before leaving, my wife spoke with the manager who at least heard the concerns about our experience. He at least made us feel like our concerns were legitimate.

Now let’s get to the day I picked up the tux.

I arrived and went to the tux rental area. Again, I was forced to stand around and not be noticed by anyone. Finally an elderly gentleman came up and said, “can I help you?” “i’m here for a tux rental.” he abruptly placed his hand up in front of me –like a stop sign — and said “I can’t help you. Go over there, ” pointing to the tux rental area. Again, I proceed to stand there with no one acknowledging me. Finally, a tall and big, black man asked, “can I help you?” I said I was here for a tux rental. He abruptly scolded me (that’s the only way to describe it.) and said, “you have to check in at the front desk.” I went to the front desk where after about 20 minutes of standing around, my tux was brought to me.

The tall man grabbed a young female associate and said, “can you wait on this gentleman?” she reluctantly left what she was doing to assist me.

First, I tried on the shirt and pants. The shirt was a bit large but after she suggested pulling in taut, it was fine. As for the pants, they looked like clown pants with extremely large pant legs and a huge waistline. I asked her, “don’t these pants look too large — like clown pants?” she said, “they all come large like that, ” not acknowledging that there was a problem. I proceeded to try on the jacket which fit okay.

Her tone changed abruptly as she asked me what size waist did I have. “35 inches, I said.” “well these pants are for 40 to 42” waist…how did that happen? Remember what I had said to the woman taking the measurements? This was the thursday before the saturday wedding. I asked if she could get another pair. She asked if I lived locally. I’m about a 45 minute drive from my home to the store. She said she could get a smaller pair of pants by noon the following day. Great. Had the person who measured me listened to my concerns, this would not have happened. So, with no other choice, I had to return the following day — with time away from work and a 1 ½ hour round trip to get the pants.

As I left the store, the tall man asked me if everything was okay with my rental. I simply smiled and said, “you don’t want to know what i’ve been through.”

Beyond the error in the measurement, I was insulted that the sales associate tried to fluff off my concern by saying, “all the pants come large like that.” sorry, the customer is still always right.

As I experienced all of this difficulty, the father of the groom had similar problems. He has a medical condition where he has gained considerable weight. He went for one fitting and then said he would have to return closer to the wedding date to get another fitting. He did so, as he promised for another measurement. When he came to pick up the tux, the wrong size was sent. They said they had failed to update the measurements. He, too, had to make an extra trip to get the correct suit. He was very disappointed considering that he took the extra time to update the measurements and the someone “forgot” to correct them.

As I arrived home, I tried the complete outfit on once again. My wife noticed a shiny spot on the tux, much like what you see on a suit that has been worn and dry cleaned one too many times. Nothing could get the shine off the tux.

After all of the inconvenience I experienced, I asked if I could return the rental on the following monday after the saturday wedding. I figured the least you could do is to offer me that courtesy for my inconveniences. I was told abruptly that I had to return the suit on sunday….. No exceptions. So after having the terrible experience with your south portland location, I then had to leave the festivities of the day after the wedding to make the 1 ½ hour round trip to return the tux.

Lastly, do you have any customer service orientation whatsoever? I went to your corporate website and the links for the contact us, phone number and live chat were dead. I thought that maybe it was temporary. Here it is 4 weeks after the wedding and the links are still dead. Is this the way you run your business?

Your ceo says in the commercial — “you’ll look great…I guarantee it.” believe me, I think otherwise.

So, what are you willing to do to make this situation right for me and the father of the groom? What are you willing to do to correct the only thing that went wrong with my daughter’s otherwise perfect wedding?

I have my own idea of what a first class company would do in this situation to correct. (I work for l.L. Bean, ranked #1 in customer service among all us businesses!) I look forward to what you might offer as a solution to what I would call my “worst customer service experience ever.”

3 comments
D
Oct 29, 2011 2:47 pm EDT

whythelongfaces, dang! talk about being an ###...looks to me like you took the cake and ate it

not that I agree or disagree with your points, but that's irrelevant to how you said it...you could've made the same points and not been an ###, but noooo

H
Oct 23, 2011 2:44 am EDT

"Sorry, the customer is still always right." No. No they are not. And when you get that through your fat head you will be...wait... no, you probably wont ever be happy unless someone kisses your fat ###.

B
Oct 23, 2011 12:30 am EDT

Hello Dear
My name is Mariam and i am looking for honest partner if you are interesting please just mail me back through my email address ([email protected] )so we can know each other and from there i will send my picture to you thanks and have a nice day!
Mariam.

4:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mary begly needs to be removed from any position that requires dealing with the public. My daughters wedding party rented over $1, 080. Dollars worth of tuxes from mens warehouse. They were for a saturday wedding. At no point did mary tell any body they can be returned on a sunday. When we returned all the tuxes on monday (next bussiness day) she was more...

9:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I rented a tuxedo for an event on june 18, 2011. I returned the complete tuxedo on june 20, 2011 and no one said anything about it being late.in fact, when I picked it up, the employee said as long as I have it back by mondat I would be ok. I left the store. To my surprise, my credit card was charges $21.20 on june 24th. Four days later. The store...

C
12:14 am EDT

The Men's Warehouse - terrible service

We rented a tuxedo in highlands ranch, colorado for a wedding in las vegas, nevada and experienced the worst customer service i've ever encountered. The staff at both places were rude and unhelpful. The tuxedo itself was cheesy looking and I was embarrassed to be seen in it. The price was way too high and the tailor did a hack job in adjusting the sleeves. She left cloth hanging out of the sleeve. When I asked about it, she told me that it was a rental and that I would have to deal with it. Brides, stay away from this place! You are doing yourself and those in your wedding party a dis-service.

F
6:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am getting married on tommorow, sept 18, 2010 I have a total of 14 men and boys renting tux and suits, everyone went in before the dead line for fitting, out of the 14 fitted 7 of them had to have thier suits or tux altered because of improper measurements, I still have 3 of my friends that cant pick them up until the day of the wedding because of men...

7:35 pm EDT

The Men's Warehouse - poor customer service

I rented a tuxedo to be in a wedding party. I offered to return the other groomsmen tuxes as I lived right next to the men's warehouse. I didn't know it was standard to return the tuxes on sunday (still don't know if that's the case). I returned the tuxes on monday and was told there would be a $20 fee imposed on each tuxedo. I explained that I didn't know this and asked for some type of break since I was returning all the tuxedos. They wouldn't budge and were rude. I'll never shop there for anything.

1 comment
C
Feb 04, 2010 6:34 pm EST

we were told that we had a week from the day we picked up the tuxes. picked them up on a thursday, wedding on sat and returned the following thursday. we were not charged a late fee. returning on a day or so after the wedding is not late! we had a lot of problems with our tuxes... bad customer service

P
9:04 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We went to mens warehouse because it was a nationwide store and we had groomsmens in three different state. That was a bad idea. The tux arrived the day before the wedding which was a really big hassle to gather everyone up considering it was already so busy. When we got there all the tux fitted wrong. One was too short on the arms, one was wayy big on the...

S
12:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a brand new suit and it needed to be altered. I brought it to Mens Warehouse as i thought they will do a good job. I've bought suits from them before. However i got a better deal so i bought this suit in a different store and they did not provide any altering services so i went to Mens Warehouse. They gave me bill for $106.87 to alter which i did...

The Men's Warehouse contacts

Phone numbers

1877 986 9669 1855 267 8087 More phone numbers

Most discussed The Men's Warehouse complaints

service recieved
(opinions to this review)