The Local Detectivesprivate investigators

D Review updated:

I don't normally write reviews but i had such an awful experience with these people that I felt compelled to warn others. Firstly, I wanted to find an old friend and dealt with someone called Robert, who I now know is Robert Singer. Initially he was polite and helpful. I asked him to do the work and he quoted me a fee - not very inexpensive I might add but i thought it would be worth it. Then, well then I paid the fe and the nightmare started. The address was completely wrong - it looked like Robert Singer had just taken it from the voters roll and it was five years out of date. I travelled fifty miles to see my friend and was told that the current resident had move din five years earlier, Then I contacted Robert and explained - not only was he EXTREMELY rude to me but he was also VERY abusive, claiming I had made the whole thing up! So, i did some research myself and found many complaints about Robert Singer and The Local Detectives - every time he claims that the reviews were not made by real customers! Well, I AM a real customer and I am thoroughly disgusted by the way I was treated! My advice to anyone reading this? AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Updated by DaveJohnson · Jan 09, 2018

Having been contacted by another detective agency, i am now withdrawing the above comments and will be asking the site to remove these with immediate effect.

• Be
    Betty Smythe Feb 01, 2021

I was also scammed by Robert Harris of The Local Detectives. Took over 2000 pounds from me and gave me nothing! I called to request my money back, and he became so abusive, so threatening. I feel violated by him and his disgusting company. I have found multiple complaints against him and, as with most other people, I will be going to the police. The Local Detectives are NOT to be trusted with your hard earned money. I am a pensioner and could hardly afford what I gave him.

Roger Byron Jan 19, 2021

Robert Harris of The Local Detectives ripped me off! He makes out he is a professional but is far from that in EVERY way. A VERY aggressive person when challenged, even by elderly people such as myself. Do not use
    thelocaldetectives.co.uk in my opinion.

RobHarrisisascammer Jan 04, 2021

I have been ripped off by this Robert Harris/Robert Singer character too and just like everyone else, I received abuse and threats when I asked for my money back. He will be in Court soon hopefully and he will get the punishment he so richly deserves. A truly nasty individual it would seem.

Samantha Carrigan Oct 06, 2020

I had a terrible experience with The Local Detectives and Robert Harris in particular. I wanted him to find someone for me - he charged me over £ 400.00 for the "pleasure, " whcih it most definitely wasnt. Not only was the address completely wrong, when I asked for a refund, I was sworn at and threatened with violence! I am a 67 yr old woman! I have never been treated in such a way and still have not had any money returned by Robert Harris. I have been looking into this person and it seems that I am not the only one he has treated like this. It also looks as if he has changed his name in order to avoid past clients - his original name was Robert Singer it seems, according to companies house... you have to question why the name change.. - be very careful if you are considering using this person. My complaint has been passed to The Police now.

• Au
    Audreyjackson Aug 27, 2020

I was ripped off by Robert Harris (singer) at The Local Detectives. I am a retired teacher (73 years old) I foolishly asked him to find some people for me as I wa splanning a reunion. He took over £ 4000 from me and gave me old addresses which I already had. I asked for my money back and that was when he became VERY threatening - shouting down the phone and calling me all sorts of names. I have reported him to The Police.

Sasha Kodenkov May 03, 2020

+1 Vote against The Local Detectives, Robert is a trickster and steals money from people.
    All what he can is blackmail clients who trust him their confidential information.
    Why police cannot stop this scam project?

• Be
    Belvin2016 Apr 27, 2020

I am not at all happy with these people. I had a terrible experience and told them so. I was shouted at down the phone and threatened. I have seen lots of posts like this about this company - they seem to treat anyone who complains really badly! To top it all, they have used my details to try to make it look as if i had a good experience. Not a good company at all. Belvin

• Ke
    KeithWilliams Apr 23, 2020

I actually had the same experience as the top review. I asked them to do a job, paid them (into their bank) and waited. I got nothing - called them and had a load of abuse from them down the phone. I was speaking wuth Robert, who I now know to be Robert Singer or Robert Harris - he seems to change his name a lot - perhaps to avoid the truth aboout his conduct.. I have reported them to Trading Standards.

• Di
    diane66 Mar 29, 2018

I have recently used The Local Detectives and after using a few other detectives agencies I found Robert at The Local Detectives to be very helpful and helped me get the truth I have been looking for. I now have control back in my life and I owe all of this to The Local Detectives. Thank you for your help. Diane

• Ta
    Tanya H Aug 28, 2020

@diane66 Utter rubbish and clearly written by Harris himself.

Robert Singer Mar 14, 2018

Timothy Burchell from UKPI which is Vestigare Limited wrote this fake review about The Local Detectives and he does this to his competitors therefore please ignore this page as it is fake and has been reported to google for removal