The Local Detectivesprivate investigation

S Jan 09, 2018 Review updated:

The Local Detectives - PID Global Ltd - PID Consultants Ltd. ALL the same firm - all run by Robert Singer a fraudster! Ripped me off and from what I can see, has ripped off many other people too. Do not rust this individual. He scams people and then starts up a different firm, using a different name. He denies that The Local Detective has anything to do with PID Global:

Their privacy statement on www.thelocaldetectives.com:

This company/Owner of website, The Local Detectives is P.I.D Global Limited trading as The Local Detectives.

Registered Address: 18 Roneo Corner, Hornchurch, RM12 4TN. Company No. [protected]

P.I.D Global Limited- COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY

This site is owned and operated by P.I.D Global Limited. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At The P.I.D Global Limited, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.

INFORMATION THE P.I.D Global Limited GATHERS AND TRACKS

P.I.D Global Limited gathers two types of information about users:

Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions: These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys:

Information P.I.D Global Limited gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because P.I.D Global Limited derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does P.I.D Global Limited divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.

P.I.D Global Limited Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:

RESOLVED

This post was made in error - I now wish to, on the advice of a third party, fully retract these comments.

• Updated by Sarah Petersen · Jan 09, 2018

Correction: www.thelocaldetectives.co.uk

• Updated by Sarah Petersen · Jan 09, 2018

I now wish to retract this comment as I have been advised to do so by a third party. I am contacting the site to request full removal immediately and can state that my comments here are not true. I am sorry for trying to damage the reputation of The Local Detectives.

Joanna T Jan 09, 2018

I agree 100% and found that this lot have a judgment against them for unpaid bills to the sum of £ 600.00. Would you trust a "detective" who does not pay his bills???? The firm also has a terrible credit rating! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Date Court Case No. Amount Status Date Paid
    03/02/2017 COUNTY COURT BUSINESS CENTRE C7QZ3G6E £ 660 In Judgement

• Da
    DaveJohnson Jan 09, 2018

Sarah & Joanna, I truly wish I had found these before i wasted my money on "The Local Detectives!" I had an awful experience with this Robert Singer!!!

Sasha Kodenkov May 03, 2020

Whorst company i ever seen, do not trust them, you just loose you money, avoid all costs!!!

Sasha Kodenkov Sep 28, 2020

@Sasha Kodenkov Unfortunately I cannot delete the comment, I sent a request to the administration because Robert Harris is an honest man! That's my fault.

• Al
    Al Ko May 11, 2020

This is a scam project, they just take the money and leave them without money and result.

• Al
    Al Ko Sep 28, 2020

@Al Ko We had a misunderstanding with Robert, all people are different and this must be understood. We talked, each explained his position and came to a solution that suits everyone. I vote to remove my complaint, thanks to the site administration for understanding

• Bo
    BobbyH222 Aug 21, 2020

I agree with the above. I was ripped off to the sum of £ 4000 by this monster. When I complained about the shoddy "work" As with everyone else, i got threats of violence and lots of abuse. Robert Harris eventually told me to F off!!! I am 84 years old! The Police AND trading Standards are looking into his illegal practice

• Pe
    Peter Jac Aug 25, 2020

This man stole, yes stole £ 2000 form my Grandmother. She wanted some help and unfortunately found this person, Robert Harris. I cant go into details as this is now a Police matter but suffice to say, he gave her nothing, was verbally abusive to her on the phone (seems to be his way) and refused her a refund.

• To
    TonyBarruda Sep 01, 2020

These peopel are a joke! If you look closely at their positive "reviews, " you will see how fake they are. I have personally been taken to the cleaners by this firm run by Robert Singer/Robert Harris - interesting how he has changed his name... He owes me thousands of pounds! The Police are onto him now and hopefully he will be in Court VERY soon. Do not throw your money away by giving it to this con man! The Local Detectives are a scam!

• Ve
    Veronica.S Sep 30, 2020

I was ripped off by The Local Detective! Was charged in excess of £ 500.00 for an address which proved, yes proved to be five years old. I needed the address as I had been scammed by a person and it looks like Robery Harris or Robert Singer or whatever he is calling himself today, is as bad as the scammers! So now, I am over £ 1500 out of pocket and rue the day that I stumbled ascoss The Local Detectives. I have, as with so many other people, reported him to Trading Standards in Essex who assure me they have a hefty file on this guy. Perhaps they will be knocking on his door soon - lets all hope so.