The Co-Operative BankRefund

Iad made a wire transfer on November 3, 2011 to a person who had a account with the Co-Operative Bank I paid $68 00.00 US currency to obtain access to Roy Hooks account 977654 and his pin was 54368. It was shown to be a valid account after my money had been sent I was given a code to gain access into the account but I still could not get into the account it said I need anotherr code. When I contacted Chris Clemett who had represent himself as a Accountant with The Co-Operative Bank told me that I had to pay the taxes due on the money. I did not have the fourteen thousand dollars. My money was suppose to be just sitting there. I was told I had breeched the agreement I was not given complete information. When I learned that the man Roy Hooks had been scamming me I immedately contacted his suppose banker and demanded my money back. I was told that I would have to pay a additional amount of $625 which my mother lent me. Then I received a email telling me that I would have to pay the courier charges. I kept sending the emails to the bank starting last Wednesday asking for help. I had been insistant that someone help me, I suffered a mental breakdown and tried to [censored] from depression because I have been financially ruined. All I asked is that this bank would give me my money back. Today I was told that Chris Clemett was not an employee of the bank mentioned. Why wasn't I told this last week because this man has been calling me wanting more money and still representing himself as a employee of this bank. Their account holder Roy Hooks scammed me out of $25, 000.00 United States dollars I am in risk of losing my car and health insurance and no one had bothered to call even today. My home phone number is [protected] I need some help because I am becoming increasingly depressed and stressed because no one seems to care what happens to the little person. Roy Hooks had over $740, 000.00 in his account and this bank never questioned where this money was coming from. In the states IRS is notified when you withdraw or deposit over $10, 000.00. There doesn't seems to be any kind of oversight and just maybe it could have saved me from being penniless and mentally unstable today.

Marilyn Carter

• St
    stressed right out Apr 17, 2013

I as well Thank You for this post, i have been receiving emails for lottery winning, allen and violet large, beneficiary for someone as well money that hasn't been claimed, i to have been researching these places and people who's name are attached to them, as i thought i finally had a change in my miserable broke life, that is how these people are getting away with this because people are desperate for help. Those scams are cruel and very selfish people, I'm so sorry you have had to endure so much heartache and pain over these as well the money you lost, with your post hopefully the bank will at least help you out with a little of what you put out. Take Care, Don't Let Them Win!

• Tt
    ttmww Feb 02, 2013

Thank you for posting this. I too have been getting emails
    From a charity from a Arlene and violet large. A couple from Canada. Who won millions of dollars and was giving the money away because they were a older couple who had what they needed and didn't need the money. They had have funds
    For me to set an account at the co op bank with Chris clemett. I hadn't done so for fear that It might be a scam I have been doing research on Chris clemett and the
    Co op bank. And ran across this. The co op bank is real and has bad reputation.
    I was beginning to think I was finally having good luck and almost went for it. I'm sorry
    For what had happened to you. But because you posted this or help save me from making
    A mistake. Thank you.

• Valerie Oct 27, 2008

We really want them to be good because of their ethical policy, but nothing can hide the fact that they are a complete shambles at times. I have experienced incorrect charges, mail sent to the wrong address, repeatedly, duplicated transactions on statements, and regular failure of the online banking system. What's more, it doesn't matter how many times I write a letter of complaint, they never 'seem' to receive it.