Tax MastersFraudulent representation and charges

I called Tax Masters and inquired about their services on the phone. I told them that I was inclined to retain their services so the representative said he will send me a retention contract by email to sign. I did not want to give them my credit card number on the phone and wanted to mail them a check for payment later. The representative insisted that i give him a credit card number for just the initial $1, 000 of the total $6, 500 fees and that he will send me the credit card authorization form to fill out before they put the charge through. Within an hour the rep sent me by email the retention letter and the credit card authorization form for $1, 000 initial retainer fee. Within that hour, I did some research on the internet & learned that Tax Masters is a terrible company so i called & emailed the representative & told him that i will not be retaining their services & why & will not be signing any retainer or credit card authorization. The rep sent me a long email explaining how the company has been wrongfully portrayed by a very small number of complainers on the internet and pursuaded me to retain them but I did not. I received my credit card statement last week and Tax Masters has billed my credit card twice, each time for $1, 000 (total $2, 000) against my authorization. I called them repeatedly and emailed them but they kept giving me the run around and there is never a live body to talk to abou this billing mistake. They have many representatives to try to talk to you about retaining their services but they always transfer you to the billing department which only has a answering machine. I now have to cancel my credit card to stop further charges & have to go through the time consuming process of getting these fraudulent charges reversed. Tax Masters should not be allowed to do business and i should have read all the terrible reviews about them before talking to them and I should not have given them my credit card number but I was told that they will not put it through unless I signed the authorization which is not true. Please warn the public about this terrible company & their practice. Please let me know what will done about this. Sue Hansen at [protected]@chjustice.com, thank you

• Tx
    txbstrds Mar 15, 2010

Apparently there is a US Treasury investigation into TaxMasters.

---

• Tr
    triplejassoc Feb 16, 2010

Hello Everyone:

POTENTIAL CLASS ACTION:

I am trying to forward information to the attorney who is reviewing our potential Tax Masters class action suit. Please forward the following for our preliminary summary:

Name
    Contact Information
    Summary of Your Issue with Tax Masters
    Amount Loss

Please forward this information to me at your earliest convenience ([email protected]) in order for me to compile and forward to the attorney. I will keep you abreast of the status.

Thanks,