Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Hospitals & Clinics Tampa General Hospital Refused/discriminated against for political reasons.

Tampa General Hospital  -  Refused/discriminated against for political reasons.

S
Author of the complaint
9:45 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called in the morning of may 19th, at 10:26am, to the urgent care/walk in clinic located:

16521 US-301, Wimauma, FL 33598.

I inquired if they did physicals for work authorization, which I was told they did. I showed up and told them I was here for a work physical and was told “okay do you have the form for the worn physical” which I promptly hand them. This work physical form is attached to a CLASS G STATEWIDE FIREARM LICENSE application. Upon seeing the front where it states what the application is for, the receptionist suddenly changes her mind about whether they offer work physicals or not. The other receptionist assures her that its all the same work physical and that they do, to which she responds “let me just go double check with someone real quick” and walks off with my application where’s she’s out of sight for a brief period of time (2 minutes might be an over estimate) and reappears assuring me “we don’t do that here” before telling me “You need to go to your primary care where they can psychologically evaluate you as well, you know, someone who knows you…” to which I respond with, “its just a work physical and you guys told me on the phone you did them here and I don’t have a primary.” to which she responded “we don’t do those here, you need to go to your primary care so they can give you a psych eval.” at this point I just said “okay thanks anyways” and walked out. I walked into another walkin clinic the same day and got it all signed and handled immediately. I find out later on that THIS LOCATION DOES in fact offer the physical for work, including for armed security positions (DOESNT MATTER ITS ALL THE SAME WORK PHYSICAL NO MATTER WHAT) and that I was turned away strictly based off the personal opinions of the receptionist who is clearly anti-gun. So to sum it up. I was refused service for a constitutional right. I was told I need a psych eval (called crazy) by a receptionist with no medical knowledge, I was discriminated against because of the personal beliefs of the receptionists, and had to drive somewhere for something that was in fact offered here…

More Tampa General Hospital complaints & reviews