Symatec AntivirusAntivirus scam!

S

Symantec - I would have been less frustrated with a virus - I think that with "virus protection service like Norton's who needs viruses? " (from "with friends like that who needs enemies?"). I have paid for a download which I didn't want to do, because I have dial up and really wanted the update mailed, but for some reason the renewal system wouldn't accept my payment (something to do with different addresses) which I didn't understand because I have had the same address for 20 years. Then the download did not go well. I still do not have renewal, I have nasty little popups at 5 second intervals telling me to renew and interfering with my computer movement. I have paid - my VISA has been billed - I am being held hostage AND THERE IS NO HELP LINE # OR EMAIL HELP - WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS? ALL I'VE BEEN ABLE TO FIND IS THIS COMPLAINT EMAIL... and I still have the popups and have not used the computer because I am tired of wasting time and $ on this...

• Mr
    Mrs J Redden Jan 03, 2007

My protection is valid until July this year yet I keep getting a pop up every 5 seconds even when I am not online telling me that my protection has run out.

Anne DuBrutz Sep 09, 2007

I have this same problem - I renewed also and was charged but I get pop ups that say my Norton Anti virus will not work with my fix it program because it is 2005 yet I renewed it and shuts down my access to my aol. Then to make matters more frustrating, I uninstalled the darn thing and it is still on my add and remove list and is still functioning and I WANT IT OFF MY COMPUTER. BUT it seems to have a mind of its own. If anyone out there knows how to get it off please e mail me - [email protected] -

PS: Today I am lucky - I got on line.

• Da
    David Zucker Aug 12, 2008

There is no Symatec service. I have had a problem with Symatec all day. I have been on their Chat line service line two different times already today. They indicated they would be right back and disappeared and did not return.I cannot get the AntiVirus2008 to work.

Andrew Mc Govern Feb 10, 2009

when i log on i grt this pop-up saying i might not be protected from virus and to clic a red shield with an x in it. I did once and got a virus which i had to re-install my startup disc to get rid of it. I have Norton 360 version 2 purchase 8-15-08 2095208540. how can i get rid of this jerks pop-up?

• Fr
    Fred Garrett Aug 24, 2009

I have lost my password. I renewed sybscription but because password is not present Morton/Symatec will not complete subxcription /download process. They say they are sending me a new password but for weeks they have not. What is wrong? I have still got the same email address; [email protected]

• Bb
    bbsctha Jun 08, 2010

Dear Sirs/Madams/

You are doing a great job on the protection that you are giving!
    I have a complaint about this volume control gadget coming up on my screen controlling my sound and moving it up and down?
    Can you tell me what that is?

Fred Williams Jr.