Sunoco — credit card scam?
Went to local Sunoco station in Chelsea, MI on 1/10/2011. Gas price was $3.09 for regular, but when I swiped my debit card, price showed $3.19. Double checked posted prices and it is 10 cents more for "credit". Without even putting nozzle into my car, I hit Cancel and left, got gas down the road. When I checked my account online, Sunoco had a $25 charge as a pre-auth, but dated for 1/13, still showed as a debit out of my funds. My bank advised keeping an eye on it to make sure it dropped off the next day, or at least by 1/13, which is today and is still there. Like "Missing Money" above, I, of course, have no receipt as I didn't pump any gas. I will avoid this company at all costs in the future. Imagine the interest they're making off funds that aren't theirs if this is standard practice and they hold consumers' money for 3-4 days each!
More Sunoco Complaints & Reviews
- Sunoco - unauthorized credit card charges
- Sunoco/a Plus - child working
- Sunoco - don't evet think about using them
- Sunoco #7144 - dhl employee is a liar
- Sunoco - defamation of character, threatening, insulting, rude
- Sunoco - maintaining the sunoco gas station
- Sunoco - Paul bush/ manager
- Sunoco - rip off
- Sunoco - employees
- Sunoco - auto repair