Sun Communitieslack of enforcing or even having knowledge of handbook rules when it comes to reservations at sherkston.

H Sep 10, 2018

RE: SHERKSTON SHORES

I READ THE EMAIL BELOW TO TONY BRETON, AS HE NEVER RETURNED MY CALL. I FINALLY CALLED HIM AND HE WAS EXTREMELY RUDE AND DEMANDED RESPECT FROM ME.

HE WAS NOT APPRISED OF THE HANDBOOK'S RULES WHEN IT COMES TO RESERVING A SPOT AT SHERKSTON, OR THE TIME YOU CAN RESERVE AND SIZE OF RESERVATION. IT ALSO DID NOT BOTHER HIM THAT PEOPLE WERE SAVING SPOTS AT 1AM AS LONG AS THEY WERE HAVING A GOOD TIME. HE WAS DISMISSIVE OF THE FACT THAT PEOPLE COULD BE ENJOYING THE BEACH FOR HOURS BEFORE 2PM AND WAS NOT APOLOGETIC THAT HIS STAFF OR SECURITY DID NOT KNOW THE RULES. I HAD TO ASK HIM TO CALL ME BACK AFTER I READ HIM MY EMAIL AND HE WANTED TO KNOW "WHY?" I ALSO TOLD ME THAT SEVERAL PEOPLE I SPOKE WITH FELT THE SAME AND HE SAID I WAS THE FIRST WHO EVER SAID THIS. THAT I KNOW IS A LIE AND A TACTIC. THIS WAS A PROBLEM BEFORE YOU BECAME OWNERS HOWEVER SHERKSTON SECURITY ALWAYS KEPT TRACK AND REMOVED RESERVED BELONGINGS AFTER TWO HOURS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE RULES ARE GOING TO BE ENFORCED OR IF IT IS GOING TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE HANDBOOK? IS THIS AN UNREASONABLE REQUEST.

Tony Breton,

My name is Catherine Breen and I am at 35 Hickory. We have been there for 15 years I believe.

I know over the course of our stay things have changes, but last Saturday and incident came up that deserved someone's attention and despite messages and calls no one has gotten back to us.

Let me tell you that this is not solely my issue; but after brief inquiry, a concern of many.

Last Saturday morning, my husband and I took the golfcart to the beach. We were planning on walking and sitting on the beach for 2 or 3 hours.

The beach was covered ON the shoreline with pop up canopies and rows of chairs. Some people had spaces two deep with canopies. I would say not even 10% were occupied. And as we sat at least 50 feet from shore we were approached by a man in a golf car who informed us that we were sitting behind his reserved spot (He was very proud of the fact that he set up 11 hours earlier: 1:00am) and that 8 golf carts would be needing a spot. My response was "good luck" and as he was rather a bully and persistent and was telling me to "shut my trap" I told him to take it to security, which he did and he proceed to go off on her for about 15 minutes. As she was behind me and was driving away I stopped her and asked her what her position was. She said "well that is his spot." I tried to tell her about the rules in the handbook and she said, "I know nothing about that." My husband wanted to leave but the people next to us, made room and we sat with them and chatted. We were informed that the people reserving the spot, as do others, get down to the beach at 1am and leave. Most don't make it down until 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I am not going to say too much more but I will tell you that Sherkston staff did not know the rules back at the office either. I said to refer to the handbook which states that "YOU CAN ONLY RESERVE FOR AN HOUR" at which point security is to remove your stuff and store. They were not apprised of this. There are families who would like to walk the beach, play on the beach. There are people like my husband and I who like to go from 10am until 12pm or earlier but we can't because of the wall to wall "reserved" spots that you do nothing about. It wasn't like this two years ago. Two years ago, staff would ask how long spots were left unattended and remove the setup and place at the dunes.

Words cannot describe how I feel. You let a bunch of thugs dictate to your 20 year old female staff driving around in golf cars that don't know the rules what to do. It is quite disgusting.

As usual, I called this morning and no one has gotten back to me.

I will go to the owners to get something done about this.