Resolved Stop Repair BillsScam

Well, after about 20 mins of talking they pressured me and kept doing it!, started at 300 for intial set up then went too 50 ! I knew right away! Well they transferred me, continued to call me a liar. I told them i would call back after i found out about company, well better business bureau rates them a f! After i said check your better business bureau he brought up walt disney world as a rating of a f of course there lieing! He continued to call me over the week and again and again! Finally i said hey quit lieing and leave me the blank alond before i contact a lawyer for harrassment!

This company uses high pressure tactics! And from what i no about this company, all they are is a scam, they may help in small ways but in the long run do not sign up

Email me if you need to know more
[protected]@sbcglobal.Net

• Pa
    Parker May 11, 2009

I have 3 girls 17, 15, 12-they have friends over here all the time.We have a large media room with my office at the rear of the room.Please be advised that I have 2 AA black girls here all the time, heck they consider me dad.I told them I would see what I could do about expressing their concerns.Do you realize that hard core big butt rap is all but dead.If your big butt commercial has a point could you tell them what it is?It came on a couple of times and they all look at me with hate.I said girls I have no clue what that is.We all discussed it and came to one conclusion.It is directed toward 12 year olds with small IQ's.The girls took their idea to school and found that no kid, not one had a clue what thats about.So distasteful and dead hardcore rap is pointless, why don't you try to reach their minds insteadc of someone theres' sexual problems.disgusting commercial.

• Pr
    proudmama47 Jul 20, 2009

I purchased an extended warranty from this company and have been very pleased so far. I have had to use it once when my transmission went out and it was pretty simple and with what I saved has already more than paid for itself!

• Wa
    Waverunner16 Jul 21, 2009

thats good.

I am saying from a long time sales worker. When someone trys to bait ya into a deal, its a scam, There better business bureau is a F/ They still are calling me 4 weeks after i told them no.

And transmisson shouldnt cost over 2 grand! and they want 4 or so for a full coverage.

So when they asked me hows my truck running and i said good, they said well you are under full coverage congratulation.

Come on, no check at all.

Also gm and my local repair shop will not cover anything under these companys/ Take in mind i live in the same county as there in.

• Ki
    kimcbhills Aug 05, 2009

i purchased the warranty 36 days ago and my car was running fine. and he says you havent had any problems and i said no so then he offers me the warranty the down payment was out of my budget so he lowered it to $95.00 and i was told because i had 87000 miles on it i couldnt make a claim for 30 days and 1000 miles had to be put on it as well so here it is 33 days later and 2700 miles my car breaks down on the interstate it just stopped accelarating. i had it towed to a ford dealership where they pd. 50 i had 21.50 for towing. so they check the car out and turns its a torque converter and 1800 in repair cost the dealerships calls in the warranty and they denied my claim for payment why because i was only 4 days out of my grace period. a torque doesnt go bad over night or in 4 days. i feel that i was mis led because not once did he say the 30 days was a trial period. he only said if something should happen to your car within the 30 days it wouldnt be coverd. so i told them they scamming people for money and she says we have 1000 of satisfied customers so with tears in my eyes i slammed the phone in her faces. that just doesnt seem right to me.

• Cs
    c.sharabi Aug 07, 2009

Guys stop repair bills is scam. Watch they are full of ### and lairs. I got scam by $3, 000. My brother called and he got same deal for $1800. I was trying to cancel my policy but the give me so much hard time and bad customer service. finaly i got my money back after i hire lawer. never ever believe them.

• Cs
    c.sharabi Aug 07, 2009

kimcbhills get a lawer and you can sue them. I got my money plus my time and my lawer money.

• Rk
    rkakill Aug 10, 2009

I set up a policy a month ago. $150 down payment and $120/month for 2 years. Had to have small repairs done to my car and decided to cancel the policy because I wanted to just get rid of the car. Just got off the phone with customer service...after talking to 3 people (and getting yelled at by the first guy) they finally tell me to send a written letter to cancel my policy. I didn't even sign a damn contract and they want me to send a signed letter in? They said they would send a contract in the mail and all I get is paperwork to set up the monthly payments through MEPCO Finance Corporation. Total BS. Spread the word that this is a SCAM!!

• Do
    Doesntlikesales Aug 10, 2009

I have known people who work for this company and have come out of work crying because their service reps will yell and curse at them if they refuse to push the customer until they hang up. Their policy seems to be "get the money or make them hang up". And the "financial managers" that they hand you off to? Those are just reps sitting next to that guy, they think if you hear a different voice that you will assume it is higher authority when it is not. These people honestly compromise their morals for a commission check.

• Ro
    Ron Poor Aug 11, 2009

I called just or the hell of it and they got really indignant when I wanted to get off the phone and ck on them, They really brought on the highpressure, they discounted it from 250.00 down to 50.00 said I would have to pay the first amount if I hung up to ck on them and on an on an on until I finally hung up. Anyone who gives their credit card # over the phone without checking out the company first is a fool. and if it sounds too good to be true, Well you know the rest. DONT BE NIAIVE WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY.YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS MONEY. look at these pages first, and if they dont want you too, it is a scam

• Fl
    flconsumer Aug 16, 2009

I called to get a quote and was fortunate to not experience what others have claimed to experience with this company. However, thanks to this blog site, I decided to check them out and others like them before making any commitment. I went onto the BBB website and did a search for this company on their national database. As it turned out I did not like what I found. I realize all companies have complaints against them, but when you read the details it is too much of a risk with this one. I found the same to be true with Mogi. However, I did find one company which is accredited with the BBB and has an A+ rating called Easycare. They too had many complaints, but the difference is they made attempts to resolve them with their customers and were successful in doing so for the most part. There will always be dissatisfied customers no matter what the company does. I believe that we as the consumers are responsible to make sure we know what we are getting into. It's like the old saying goes "Look before you leap". Take the time to research these companies before putting out any money, especially when you have so many people complaining about them.

Johnnyalden Aug 26, 2009

My car is covered through this company for another four years and about 80, 000 miles i've used my policy twice in the past year, on an alternator and a transmission. The transmission would've cost over 2, 000 out of my pocket. My policy was about 3, 000 total and with the intrest free payment plan they've payed more than i have. Also i do not pay a deductable! And i have free towing and a free rental car. It sure is strange how everyone wants to talk bad about a company (That they don't even know about) , but you never hear the good things. Wesco, the insurance company paying my claims through this company has a bbb rating of a and an am best rating of a!

• Na
    n.ACURA03 Aug 31, 2009

kimcbhills ...Did they eventuall pay your claim...I just bought the Mogi Policy and its day 1 out of the policy so now im scared how long did they say you should have waited ..if its a 30 day trial not grace period...I hope that ended up paying after you complained right..

• 25
    250097 Sep 04, 2009

I signed up for this extended warranty about a month ago and my fiance told me to cancel because he thought it was not right for us because he is a machanic... So today i called and tried to cancel my policy and i talked to this lady for 45 minutes because she was pressuring me to keep the policy... I asked her 25 times to just cancel my policy and she still wouldnt i got upset, really upset and finally she said" i will transfer you to customer service cause i dont have the ability to cancel policies anyway". So finally customer service talked to me for another 35 minutes trying to lower my prices for me so i would keep the policy and i just said no! So now i have to right a letter to them the reason why i want to cancel my policy when they told me that i could call and cancel when ever i felt like... My next payment is due in about 4 days and the man told me that they will keep charging my debit card till they recieve the letter, and my letter will take about a week to get to them. But thank god i got a new debit card so they can not debit my bank what so ever!!! ### are the biggest scam!

• Se
    SEXYDAY07 Sep 10, 2009

I so agree i was told over and over they are not trying to presure me but i felt very presured. Something in my heart just didn't feel right so i hung up and did research and fond this page. I was told over and over if i hang up i wouldn't get the same deal i ask if they could note the accont and they said there's no way to assure the 120.00 dollars how the hell you go from 294.00 to 120.00 lol think twice

• 02
    02fordfocus Sep 18, 2009

I never researched them before I purchased a policy. Its now only a couple of days since I purchased and I'm kinda sceptacle don't know what I might have gotten into. They were telling bad things about US Fidelus cause I saw an ad on TV while I was talking. They said they were being investegated by the attorney general of a lot of states for unpaid claims. Im figuring that this is not the case with them or they wouldn't be telling me this, right? Anyway I'm going to bring this policy or whatever it is to my local Ford Dealership and let them look at it before the 30 days grace period is over with. I will simply call and ask for a refund if I'm not satisfied. If they give me a hard time or refuse then I will just cancel my card, Simple to do and order a new one. End of story! Wish I would have investigated for pages like this first!

• Dc
    dcman01 Oct 07, 2009

I agree with all of you. I was bored today and wanted to see what kind of B.S. deal they can give me and to also entertain myself.
    I have a lot of miles on My F250 Diesel truck. They told me at first they couldn't get me the full coverage, but then asked me a couple questions about the truck...I was put on hold. The rep came back and told me they can give me the full coverage. Wait a second...sight unseen and they are going to do this? I was told everything that is going to be covered, including towing and rental. I have that with my insurance company. So I was put on hold again. The "Finance Manager" came on and told me that with that coverage with my insurance company they will drop $400.00 and my down payment will be only $150 and not $300. So he wanted my card number. I told him that I would like to see the hard copy of the contract. He told me they don't do that and that I would have 30 days to review it. I told him no I want to see it with out money changing hands. I told him that I was able to do that when I have bought my truck and car, when I got my insurance policy. The rep said this "we are not a travil company" What the hell does that have to anything with it. I then told him that I was done with this and if I don't get a copy before I buy it then I will to get it. I then told them to have a good day and hung up.

• Ca
    carell a Oct 08, 2009

I set up a "policy" and decided I didn't want this 2 hours later ( I did my research after the fact), My person Jae Kullorh was very persuasive and answered every question I asked without hesitation, when I called back they were rude and obnoxious, they didn't want to transfer me, the kept asking me why I pulled my credit card out and got the policy, I couldn't believe it, it was like the twilight zone, They are nothing more than EXPERT Telemarketers that are willing to take you for whatever amount they can get. It's shameful that the networks are allowing this company to air their product with so many loop holes. STAY AWAY, SAVE THE MONEY AND USE IT FOR YOUR REPAIR COST, simply as that. They gave me a direct number to customers service it is 1 800 913 0065, I got Nashell who was incredible ###, but so was I. They offered not paper trail, no confirmation, but I did inform her that I was recording our conversation and would use it against their company. WANT A SCAM, and in these economic times people are looking for a brake to cut spending and for them to do this is so WRONG, I only got taken for 100. dollars, others have got take for much more, this "company needs to be shut down" PERIOD!!!.

I can be reached at [email protected] for any questions.

chris557 Oct 10, 2009

I called this company just to see what the deal was. The man got on the phone he asked me how many miles my 96 Ford Ranger has after i tell him 230000 he ask me to hold for a moment after about 2 min came back said he talk to supervisor and had got me approved for full coversge simply because i told him there was nothing mechanicly wrong with my truck he said for $298 down and about $130 a month for 18 months would cover me totaly for 100000 or 5 years which came first after i told him did not have my credit card or debit card with me he told me if i didnt act now he couldnt guarantee me this low of a down payment i call back with same truck same mileage diffrent name some how i got to talk to the same rep he gave me the the same spill as the first time almost word for word except 1200 dollars cheaper when i asked him how i got it cheaper this time he asked me what did i mean when i told him i called 3 days before under diffrent name and got quote for $1200more i asked how that was possible he tried to tell it was diffrent rep and they had made a mistake i explained that he was the same man i had talked to before when i told him my name he called me a ### ### hole and hung up on me fortunantly i never gave them any money and feel bad for any one who wasnt as lucky after this i knew that STOP REPAIR BILLS was a scam any company that will let reps talk to potential customers that way is a joke before u purchase a deal check with BBB your auto mechanic i have not found a dealershipyet that will reccomend this company you be lucky if you get STOP REPA out before your told NO

• St
    stephanie bourne Oct 25, 2009

I am so glad I read this. I was really thinking about calling to get a policy. Thanks for all the input on them I will call my repair shop to see if they have a company they will take. to see it there is any out there.

• Hu
    Hunter One Oct 27, 2009

We saw the add on the TV and called. The first add the phone number was 1-800-485-1134. They gve the cost of this policy to be $27, 000 for five years for one car. The person on the phone was determined to make a sale. Even though he was told we were going to call around and check prices. He said if we call back we would not be able to get the policy for the same amount it would cost more. Then I called 1-800-661-5751 and they told me it would cost $16, 050 for the same amount of years. They acted like it was a different company and yet they knew my name. It was the same office. They tried to pressure me to take it for that cost. I told them I planned to shop around and talk to my wife. I also told them I wanted to check with the BBB. My wife googled and found this page to see what others had experianced. I will not be getting this policy. I may even call the local invistigating reporter from our News channels. I suggest those that have had issues with them do the same. Once an investigating reporter gets involved they will report it on the news and save more people from being scammed. I am sorry to hear how badly others were treated yet am thankful you put your story here on this page. Thank you for the warning.

• Fr
    Fr33world420 Nov 01, 2009

Hey has anyone signed up and had a probelm with there car and, and the problem wasn't handled by stop repairs, because all you people signed up and just canceled did anyone wait to see if they really fix your car if it did brake down

• Lo
    Louis J Nov 02, 2009

The BBB rates companies from A+ to F just like the grades you received in school. Here are a few companies in the vehicle service contract market and how the BBB rates them (as of October 27, 2009):

* Mogi (Get Mogi) – Rated “F” – Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints; not a BBB Accredited Business.
    * US Fidelis – Rated “F” – 1230 complaints filed against business; not a BBB Accredited Business.
    * Stop Repair Bills (National Dealers Warranty) – Rated “F” – 304 complaints filed against business & Advertising issue(s) found by BBB; not a BBB Accredited Business.
    * Get Certus (Dealer Warranty Services) – Rated “F” – 161 complaints filed against business, 8 complaints filed against business that were not resolved, government action(s) against business.
    * Warranty Direct (Interstate National Dealer Services) is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and is a a BBB Accredited Business; has been in business for over 29 years

Check out the last one: https://www.warrantydirect.com/?url=wdblog

Mattrick58 Nov 18, 2009

I dont even care about any of this, because all you people should read your contracts when you get them. Legally with any contract you have a 30 day right to recision. They are obviously in the bussiness to make money...who isnt. If you all want to point fingers, and put labels like scam out there, then you should consider a few things.
    First and formost the definiton of a scam, secondly ask your self this question...how long have you been driving, do you carry insurance on your vehicle, how much do you pay every year to carry that insurance. Now ask yourself this, how many accidents have you had, EVER. Do you get any of those premiums back? NO!!! It would seem to me that insurance companies, banks, and credit card companies are the real crooks in the bussiness world. Warranty companies were designed to fix broken down vehicles...not to fix STUPID. There is no warranty for that. Lesson learned, stupid hurts, and in this case it hurts in the wallet. Case in point, I'm willing to bet my insulting paychecks that almost everyone who is complaining did something to void there own policy. Common sense would tell you that if you go 10, 000 miles without ever changing your oil your warranty wont be covering your blown engine. You live in America and its a capitalist country, get used to it, its called bussiness. I say congrats for finding a lucrative sorce of capital gain, not there fault most of our country is uneducated and un-intelligant...I mean look at these post. Not only can you people not spell to save your lives, but your rediculous sob stories aren't even typed using proper grammer. I learned how to form sentences in first grade ok.

• Ho
    honestdude Dec 16, 2009

Hey Mattrick58, which one of these companies do you work for? It's not a scam, the policies are real but the set-up is in the advantage of the brokerage, and the companies paying claims aren't selling the policies themselves, hence the term brokerage. The sales tactics are very deceiptful, unfortunately many of the reps selling the policies don't realize how bad things can get for the customers when it comes to claims or refunds bc customer service handles that end of the business. By the way Mattrick, there's an apostrophe in don't and it's spelled ridiculous, if you're going to criticize others for grammer and spelling, don't be so obviously stupid as to make mistakes with your own. Also, you're right, it's a capitalist country, but capitalist is not synonomous with predatory, and these companies prey on the trust an innocence of the general public. Also notice you mispelled business, your first grade teacher must've sucked! LOL.

• Co
    coach06 Dec 20, 2009

Hey I am going to try to use the policy next week, because I hope it is not a scam, because some people say yes and some say no

• Me
    mellofello02 Jan 19, 2010

This company sucks. I am trying to deal with them right now. My car has started using alot of oil. So I took it to the shop and they ran a test to see whats up. They found that the of the cylinders have over a 20% oil leakage with one being of 50%. So they said probably bad rings. My contract says it covers rings but in the fine print in the brosure they give you it says "does not cover oil consumption" . What the heck it covers one thing in big print but in small print doesn't cover it. Don't know what they are going to do with it yet but the dealership said it doesn't look good and a new engine is $3500. I am on a payment plan and im about $700 into it so if they don't repair it I'm going to be canceling I will tell my bank to stop giving them money. The contract is a joke the small print overlays all the big print on what it covered. Please don't buy from STOPREPAIRBILLS.COM you will be sorry.

Marv222 Jan 22, 2010

$27, 000 for a 5 year policy on one car! First of all, there's very few cars sold that are even worth half that after 5 years. Second, and this is the really simple part, do you want to pay for possible future car repairs on your vehicle? Open a savings account and put $100 or $200 or $300 per month into it and USE THAT to pay for the car repairs. You say you can't put $200 a month into your savings account but you CAN find $200 a month to pay for this rip-off? In the long run it would be a lot cheaper on your wallet to do that because these scam artists RARELY pay off on a claim, they always find some small print that will disallow a claim. C'mon people, be smart, these people are in business for one reason and one reason only, to seperate you from your money any way they can, and paying for your car repair is not in the plan.

• Ba
    badgv0h Jan 23, 2010

Bought a policy without researching the company, bad mistake.Have a modified vehicle and they never said policy would not cover that type of vehicle.I only became aware of it after the policy was shipped 30 days later(interesting time frame-after grace period).Upon recognizing vehicle would not be covered, I contacted the sales department and they transfered me to customer service.I spoke to Rayha, whom informed me that I needed to send a letter of cancellation, which I promptly did the same day.She also said, "Will take three to four weeks to receive a refund".Waited over a month, no check.A few days later someone named Dawn called and said, "The check was returned to them because the address was unknown".My zip code brings up three different city names, all of which come to the same place.I always get my mail no matter what city name appears on it(because they are all for the same town, just different parts of it)I might add we are only talking a town of 5-6000 inhabitants.I gave her my respective location and she said, "It will go in the mail today(1/7/10)".After a week I called customer service and spoke with Rayha, who reiterated as she had in the past, "Just wait until Friday 1/22 and if you don't get it, I will stop payment and send a check out certified mail with a tracking number(that was at my request on a previous call to her).I was also told on previous calls that if the stopped the check it would be a $50 charge.Yesterday, Friday 1/22 I called again about the check's whereabouts and asked for Rayha who was unavailable.I spoke to Dawn and explained my previous conversations with Rayha.(They have all the posts on their computer)Incidently, I suggested on previous calls that they refund my credit card instead of sending a check.The explained that was not possible because of the way their accounts are set up(makes no sense at all, if they and Mepco can deduct they both can credit).
    In my conversation with Dawn, she also followed the company line, "Wait a few more days".
    I asked to speak to a supervisor(she gave a name of Stacey)but I talked to Jenn Dorris who said"I will send out a check certified mail with a tracking number and will notify you(at my request). when it goes out (which she said was that same day).I was probably talking to another cust serv rep and would have no way of knowing.To make this long story short, I don't expect to see a check from this outfit unless I hire an attorney and make complaint to the Missouri State Attorney Generals' Office.
    My experience with them is that they are dishonest and fraudulent, and the obvious lack of a refund, reflects my opinion.My suggestion to anyone would be to stay away from this so-called company.I was remiss in not doing my homework on them, but one way or the other, I will get reimbursed by them even if it costs me more in legal fees to do so.

• Ms
    msbayer02 Jan 27, 2010

It is very hard to listen or believe this complaint when the spelling is atrocious and the grammar is mediocre at best. I would like a credible source who knows how to interact in everyday life; when this complaint does not fit that mold. Here is a suggestion for you, do not fall to peer pressure or salesman calls. Sit down, make a decision not in the now, but the future, then research your decision. Then follow through with that decision and put it into effect.

jaynchas Feb 04, 2010

my husband is on the phone with them right now and they will not let him hang up...all he wanted was a quote...:S

• Bc
    bcazz Feb 06, 2010

I had the same experience as relayed in many of the previous postings. When I called to get a quote, they asked for $3135 over 5 years to cover my truck an additional 100, 000 miles. I told them that I would exceed an additional 100, 000 miles in less than 3 years. A "supervisor" then came on the line and "dropped" my cost to $2110 over 2 years. Actually an annual increase of $428. Considering that I do put a lot of miles on my truck, I didn't think it was entirely unreasonable. When I asked them to email me a copy of the contract, they refused. They did offer to walk me through a "sample" contract on the web page. When I told them that I am a businessman and would not enter into a contract without first reading it, the "supervisor" said that I would have 30 days to change my mind and asked for a credit card number. Repeated attempts to obtain a copy of the contract yielded the same results. I finally had to hang up the phone to get him to stop pitching.

• Ta
    takeme2cabo Feb 07, 2010

I will have to agree with the latest complaint. I just had the very same experience with the "sales department". I applied for a quote on the internet. Of course, you can't get a quote without someone talking to you. I finally called them back after a few days, and felt like I was sitting at a used car lot. The first person gave me a quote, and quickly handed me off to someone else because I didn't like the price. That guy gave me several other "discount opportunites" that were no longer available. But...today, just for me, he will give me the lower rate. I went from $295 down, $161/month for 18mths, to $295 down, $90/mth for 24 mths. I wanted to think about it and check out reviews on the company. I told him I wanted to think about it, and would call back if this is what I wanted to do. Immediately he started harrassing me about what I know I should do, and was being very rude. I finally had enough and said, "GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE", and hung up. I knew it was too good to be true. Buyer beware. I'm going to do more research.

• Si
    Sillypants Feb 07, 2010

worked for stop repair bills definately a huge scam save your money. The money you will spend out for the policy u can just repair it yourself without the hassel the people that run this company have so much money and its starting to go under now. So those of you that already have a policy are going to be s.o.l. Everything they tell you sounds so great right??? but it is a one time one sale tactic that they are going for. They get yelled at for letting people off the phone and they will lower the price of the policy for everyone if you dont agree with the beginning price. they can take almost 1000 dollars off the cost to try to sell it to you, but only the finance manager can do that who is no higher than the rep you talked to...

• Mb
    Mbuff Feb 09, 2010

I just called in, before seeing this forum, and they were pushing me all around trying to get me to stay on the phone. When I said I was not interested in their offer, they asked why. I said, its none of your business. They kept hassling me till I just hung up. I hope that they yell at that guy for loosing my call. This company is a HUGE SCAM!!!

• Ke
    kevin9999999 Feb 11, 2010

Stoprepairbills.com is a broker...they sell policies for companies like consumercare direct and the like. THOSE companies hold your contract and most of them have a "B" or better with the BBB. Haggle hard with the Stoprepairbills.com guys and get the price low, then call another company like 'Titan Auto Protect' and haggle with them, too. Get the best price but confirm who the contract is really with.

• Wa
    Waterloo Jake Mar 10, 2010

If you want feedback from someone who actually knows what they are talking about read further. I am an ASE certified technician. I work at a Honda dealership in Waterloo, IL. My brother in law used to work at stoprepairbills.com. I have worked in the automotive industry for a long time. I can tell you, with actual experience working with them, that stoprepairbills.com is not a scam. If you have any common sense you can tell that the people who post complaints like this are idiots, just from reading what they say and how they say it. If you want actual facts keep reading. First of all stoprepairbills.com is not the company that pays your claims or covers your car. They sell contracts for several companies. Those companies are the companies that actually pay your claims. I have had several claims, from customers who purchased contracts from stoprepairbills.com, denied. I have also seen a ton of claims that were paid, also from customers who purchased the same contracts from stoprepairbills.com. The salesman at stoprepairbills.com work on commission and make roughly $60 to $90 for each contract they set up, and from what my brother in law told me the average person sold one to two per day. For the people who don't like the aggressiveness, sorry but get used to it. Any salesperson will push you for a sale no matter what they are selling. It happens every where you go and it will never change. They are just making a living. You should see some of the tactics used by the salespeople at the dealership I work at, if you only knew it would make you sick. It would make any of the experiences you have read in this thread seem fantastic. The only reason I am responding to this is to give people feedback that is actually useful so they can make a good decision. I have seen my service manager, who's commission makes the stoprepairbills.com guys' paychecks look pathetic, rip off old women who don't know any better time and time again by writing up repairs that didn't need to be done or by suggesting services that were not necessary at all. People need to understand that if you want a warranty on your car, you will only get that for a short period of time. The only time you are actually under warranty is for the first however many years and miles your manufacturer covers you for. Anything after that, you are going to have to pay for. It is not a warranty after that, it is a service contract. You can get it from your dealer or some place like stoprepairbills.com. Either way, it is NOT a warranty and it WILL be expensive. I know for a fact that stoprepairbills.com cares about what they are selling because my brother in law was fired for not being up front with a customer about what was covered and what was not covered. He had no idea that they record their phone calls. Guess what? He is now working at the very same dealership that I work at, selling cars to people. Please don't be confused, I am not in any way endorsing stoprepairbills.com or the products they sell. I am merely telling you that do sell contracts that pay claims just like they tell you when you buy it from them. I'm not sure of all of the companies they sell contracts for, but one of which is Gold Key. Gold Key is also sold by the Honda dealership I work for. As far as claims not being paid, I can tell you from all of my experience the most common reason a claim is denied on any type of service contract is people not keeping up with their maitenance like they are supposed to. Understand you are purchasing a CONTRACT and not a WARRANTY. If you want your claims to be paid, do what the contract tells you to do and you will be fine. You should see how many times some ### comes into my shop and has a problem, and when I get under the car their oil looks like sludge. Know this; it is mandatory that each time we perform a standard oil change that the technician initials and dates the oil filter when the service is performed. I have seen several customers come in that were 5 to 6 thousand miles, or several months past due for an oil change. I can be certain that they have not changed their oil when I see my initials and the date on the filter that I serviced with my own hands. These are the same people who get claims denied and end up posting on sites like this.

Here is my advice, you can take it for whatever it is worth to you. If you want a service contract do not buy one from a dealership unless you have the money to pay it in full up front. If you have the money, this is the best way to go. If you can't do that, then buy it from a company like stoprepairbills.com or someone else. You are not going to have an option to make payments to a dealership for a service contract. They cannot get financing for you because the contract has no value to any financial institution. Don't assume the dealership is cheaper. Most of them backdate the coverage to the in service date when your vehicle was purchased and they can mark the contract up as much as they want and hide it in your sticker price. Then you will be paying interest on it as well through your car loan. It doesn't matter if stoprepairbills.com or whoever you buy from has an F rating on the BBB. First off the BBB is a joke, and second they will always have an unsatisfactory rating because they are a broker and most people file complaints because of how they advertise and/or because of their aggressive sales tactics. The companies that underwrite the contracts usually have very good ratings and since they are the ones paying your claims, that is all that really matters for you. Also, if you want to see a contract just go to their website and look at it before you call them. Stoprepairbills.com has their contracts on their website. I'm not sure if any other companies do, I do not know anyone who has worked at any of them. Bottom line, if you don't like what you see when you look at the contract then don't buy it. So, to sum it all up; if you have the money to pay in full buy it from the dealer, if not look elsewhere. Either way, haggle. I am just estimating here, but your dealership and stoprepairbills.com mark these contracts up probably $400 to $700. They have room to discount. Just be prepared to make a decision on the first call, you will definitely be pursuaded to do so. If you are willing to sign up on the first call they will negotiate price. Trust me.

• St
    Stepee Mar 16, 2010

F up company, wil not let me cancel within thirty days. Held me on the phone for 30min finally used profanity at the lady then she put me on hold then said she will cancell the policy. Such a ### of a company. I would never advice my enemy to sign up.

• He
    helo0o0o0o Mar 23, 2010

It has been almost two months since I sent in my letter (Feb. 1st) to cancel and get my money back. They keep giving me the run around, what actions can I take to get my money back, is it worth litigation? I dont want to lose my $100 deposit.

chinito_03 Mar 25, 2010

i called them this morning to cover my two classic cars.. 93 300zx with 131, 000 miles. 1st representative told me they cant cover my 300zx because of the age, so i said thanks.. but the guy asked me if i have another car.. so i said yes i have a montero and the guy said can you tell me the year of your car and mileage... i said i wouldnt give hm any info about my montero because the reason i called is for my 300zx. then he asked me why.. i told the guy because my montero's repair cost and maintenance is covered by my company where i am working and the guy said theres no such thing.. to cut the story short i disconnected the call..
    10 minutes my celphone rang showing unknow caller.. guess what another representative. the 2nd guy is rude and not pleasant to talk to.. he started saying some dgrading words like
    "i know why you call us is because you cant afford a new car that why you called us for help just incase youll have a problem with your car... and i know you dont have the money to pay for a repair cost".. etc etc etc.. the guy keep on putting me down like i have no money or homeless or some kind... then after dgrading me he started to talk nice in convncing me to sign up.. luck me i put the celphone to speaker phone then i started recording what the guy keep saying.. then i told the guy that i was recording the conversation all the time. then all of the sudden the guy says to me sorry for what he told me and etc...
    in short they have this dirty tricks making people hopeless so that they would sign up...

chinito_03 Mar 25, 2010

hey Mattrick58... are you one of them? lol nice try... well to answer your question... yes i am very pleased with my insurance... they are very handy.. free rental car... free towing for 200 miles... discounts on motels, hotels, restaurants, malwart, target etc... i guess most of you guys knows my insurance company.. cuz if you have the same as mine youll have those good stff freebies..
    and yes Mattrick58, for 9 years of drving i havent had any accident, nor got hit by another car...