Homeland Healthcare Complaints & Reviews

Homeland HealthcareBorders on Fraud; GROSS MISREPRESENTATION

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! Long story short, when something sounds too good to be true, it nearly always is. I was suped into being toldthe health care policy I was exploring was a "special offer" that would allow me to sign up as a part of a group, and that there was "no way of knowing how long the special offer would last". When I went to Markel's website (one of underwriters), there was no info available except to brokers. When I received my computer confirmation today, I saw it was listed as Homeland Healthcare. Imagine my surprise when I saw a link on the same page to this complaint website. Feeling too stupid to live after reading all of the others' complaints, I found that the check card I had used for the purchase was still processing the charge, and after calling my bank found that the charge cannot be disputed until it actually goes through. (The company did not accept American Express, which should have been my first clue). I did call Homeland Healthcare directly and they sent me a form that I have to fill out and FAX or hard copy mail, and then "sometime" in about two weeks from that date they will issue a refund for everything except the "one-time setup charge of $99.) I hope I can get the bank to dispute the charge once it completes processing while I mail the cancellation form overnight by return-receipt-required. I wanted so desperately to believe. I will aso be writing to both my and their states' Attorney General's office, to all of my professional associations, to AARP, AAA and just for good measure, will also write to the US Senator from my state, the Hon. Lindsey Graham. PLEASE!! Stay away from this type of scam, and tell all your friends and co workers as well. I found them because I have a pre-existing condition (diabetes) and recently lost my job and cannot afford COBRA, even for the short term.

1 Response
    • So
      soloflexpen Nov 30, 2011

So, psa1121, what was the scam? You neglected to tell us what exactly was the problem with the health plan that you purchased. Was it health insurance or not? Or did you just read the complaints and cancel without finding out if the plan was good or not? There is a 30-day free look period for insurance policies you know?

Full disclosure here, I purchased a SmartCare PPO 5 plan through a broker for my mother who is diabetic. Until then, NO major medical company outside her group plan at work (she was laid off and COBRA premiums were higher than her mortgage payment; she is 58 yrs old) would touch her with a 10-feet pole. This plan works. PERIOD! The insurance company for the SmartCare product is Freedom Life Insurance and they are a reputable company. Homeland Healthcare may have some complaints about them (which insurance company doesn't?) and the way some of their outside brokers (mine excluded) do business may leave a lot to be desired but all they are, from what I could find out, is a 3rd party administrator. At the end of the day, what you need to know is if the claims-paying ability of the insurance company is solid. My mother will have this plan for 12 months come February 2012 and we are extremely satisfied with this product.

Homeland Healthcaresent me a policy which I never agreed to purchase

A marketing rep. By the name of Erica called me to discuss this health package. I told her I needed to read what was being offered. She said I could read about the policy online. She also said I had 48 hours to decide if I wanted this policy. If I did not call her back I could not get the policy at the price quoted. I decided I did not want this bogus policy, so I did not call back. Within 72 hours of talking with Erica my bank had a withdrawal request from this bogus company. The bank is reversing the charges and blocking them from anymore charges. Do not even talk with theses people as the policy is not an insurance policy.

6 Responses
      • Bi
        Bill Hewitt Jul 03, 2012

It does include limited benefit insurance. It is now a scam at all. On the other hand, there is a problem with telemarketers, many of whom are not licensed insurance agents, scamming prospective clients. Please report the matter to the Department of Insurance, the Better Business Bureau, and your state's attorney general. Unfortunately, you probably agreed, after being coached beforehand, to have your account charged. You were most likely told that they were in "open enrollment" or that there were a given number of applications left in your state. Any time you are told any of these things, you should run, not walk, away.
        Note: the problem is not the AWA, it is the telemarketing firm. If you call Homeland Health Care directly, they tend to be helpful in resolving these kind of problems.

Brandon Wood Mar 24, 2011

Hi my name is Brandon Wood. I am the CMO at Homeland HealthCare. I would like to get involved in this matter and see if we can resolve this claims issue to your satisfaction.

Can you provide me with your member number and the plan that you are currently on? Any information that you have from the claims payer denying the claim would be helpful as well.

We pride ourselves on customer service and I apologize that your needs have not been met.

With your permission, I would like to offer my help in getting this claims issue resolved for you.

• Ad
        adele giulian May 24, 2010

Yes, I was one of at least four people that fell for the $75.00 non-refrundable enrollment fee. I hope I get the rest of my money back. I am cancelling asap as it is only a supplemental plan and does not pay for much at all. They are defintely making their money on geeting this $75.00 fee from everyone that calls them as they say it is an open enrollment and they can only accept a certain number of people within a certain length of time. I don't understand how companies such as this don't get shut down by the Insurance Commissioners of each state. Perhaps the Commissioner office gets a kickback?????

• Di
        Dianne Little May 05, 2010

Is there anyone that has ANYTHING good to say about this company? I just received my cards on yesterday and I hope that I have not made a mistake by purchasing this insurance.When I do have to use this insurance I hope that there are no probems.
        Please!, is there anyone with a positive comment? How can a company with all of these complaints remain in business?

Med Agent Apr 05, 2010

Let me address the misinformation about the group plans. Yes it is a group plan and you get a "group certificate" of coverage. You are a member of the consumer group called "Affiliated Workers Association"...many of these "guarantee issue" plans from other companies are registered this way...Nothing new here.

And yes it is real insurance because it discounts the bills via negotiated rates and then pays claims as specified. So by definition it is insurance

Many of the posts here are complete lies by people who do not know what they are talking abbout...shame on them

• Lu
        luv2travel Jan 28, 2010

Homeland HealthCare is a scam. The company has not paid on a claim
        which was submitted on December 8th, 2009. They paid less than a dollar for a prescription. Please do not consider buying any product from Homeland HealthCare. You will definitely be a victim of scam.

Homeland HealthcareHomeland Healthcare is Fraud

This is a FRAUD company. They mispresented themselves to us, as they were a Health Insurance Company. We found out right away that they were not and canceled the policy right away. They refuse to reverse the charges, because they survive off victims like us.
      Don't buy it, they are not honest, just fraud!

4 Responses
          jonS999 Apr 05, 2011

Do not get this ins. its a scam. After reviewing the info they sent me i decided to cancel with in 30 days, so i sent an email to cancel the policy like the rep. told me i could do and get my refund, but they still debited my account and another rep. told me i needed to fill out the cancellation form that came in packet and when i told them there was no cancellation form in my packet and that another rep. said i could cancel by email or phone at anytime they said that was not true. This company is complete ### !!!

• Mo
          Monika Coulson Mar 28, 2011

Hello Brandon,
          The case did not get resolved. Even though I canceled both policies, they told me that I only canceled one of them. Please send me your contact information, so I can give you more information on the case.
          Monika

Monika,

Were you able to get your complaint resolved with Homeland? Can you send me tall of the names of your employees that you requested refunds for? Also did you fill out and submit the cancellation form? Was the insurance policy issued to your company or were you offered an association package thru the Affiliated Workers Association? It would be helpful to if you could send me your member id numbers and what the effective date of your coverage was supposed to be. I also need your current mailing address.

I am the CMO at Homeland HealthCare and I would like to get involved in this situation and resolve this matter to you and your employees satisfaction.

O am sorry for your experience and I would love to make this right for you.

• Mo
          Monika Coulson Mar 02, 2011

This company is FRAUD! I purchased the so-called health insurance for two of my employees and we found out later that they are not what they claimed but just a supplement. I canceled it right away, but they claimed that I never canceled it. One of my employees canceled it on its own as well, and they still are saying that we never canceled it. Fraud company and they survive on lies, registration fees and victims like us.

Homeland HealthcareALMOST SCAMMED

Thankfully, I ran across this site or I too would of been scammed!!! Yesterday I spoke with someone from America's Health Brokers (AHB) about a healthcare insurance policy provided through Homeland Healthcare. I was happy because my pre-existing health problems were covered with no waiting period, no deductible, no co-insurance and no co-pays. YEP, it sure sounded to good to be true... well, as the old adage says...IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!

I spent over 6 hrs last night researching Markel Insurance, Markel Corporation, Homeland Healthcare, and AHB websites. Everything seemed to be on the up & up, but being skeptical (and exhausted) in these days of scams and scam artists, I felt another set of eyes and a fresh brain were in order. I sent my son the emails I received and all the websites I checked. He checked things over and did research of his own. He felt that most of it was legit, but expressed concern about the broker and agent at AHB. After speaking with him, I contacted my states Insurance Commissioner’s office, and spoke with both a legal advisor and a lady in the Consumer Complaints office. After consulting with the legal advisor, she pointed out this was a supplement/indemnity policy…. Not your basic health insurance. Hmmmm, the guy never said supplement to me, but then I didn’t read the very fine print either. Oh well, a little something is better than nothing I thought… even $309/mo was better than $800/mo my state’s High-Risk Pool insurance wants to charge. As far as complaints, Markel had 5 complaints; 2 for health insurance and 3 for another problem. Not bad for 60 yrs of business. There were no complaints filed for neither AHB or Homeland Healthcare. So far sounds good. Happy dance time I thought.

DANG Woman’s Intuition!!! Something was still bugging me, so I decided to look further, letting my fingers do the walking. I went back to Markel Corp. website and started clicking away. I found a listing of their brokers but AHB was not there. Time to work the phone lines again! I called Markel Corp. home office in Glen Allen, Va. and spoke with Lisa. I expressed my concerns about the broker AHB, and a possible scam. She assured me that AHB was one of their top brokers, however, if it would be comfortable for me, I could deal with Homeland Healthcare directly. She provided me with a direct line to the Homeland office. I was within seconds of picking up the phone, yet that dang intuition wouldn’t go away. I stared at he Google search box, and proceeded to type in Homeland Healthcare, and out popped Homeland Healthcare Complaints. I figured had nothing but time to lose to check it out.

Well, that’s my story from beginning to now, but definitely not the ending. . I read each and every complaint, and my heart goes out to all of you for the loss of money, hopes of finally having health coverage, and time spent trying to be treated fairly. If you have not done so yet, contact your states Insurance Commissioner and file a complaint with them. They also have legal advisors who may be able to help get your money back, it’s worth the time and effort.

My next step is to call the broker and advise him I have no use of his services. I will be more than happy to tell him why. I ‘m unsure if the agents/brokers are aware of how Homeland Healthcare treats their consumers, but my aim is to make them aware if they are not. I am considering a letter campaign to make others aware of these scam artists, as that is truly what they are. If you are interested in helping, need a sounding board feel free to contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com.

MORAL: Research, Research, and more Research until you run out of ideas or have tired fingers. If you get a brain freeze, tackle it after resting your brain Check websites such as this one. Don’t make hasty decisions; if they want your business they will allow you the time to make an informed decision!! If they don’t, SAY NO!! It’s sure to be a scam!!!

AND always listen to your inner intuition!!!

1 Response
          • Nm
            NMJRB Sep 14, 2011

Almost happened to me to. They baited and switched on a search engine that compares insurance policies. I received a really nice seeming plan, but the sales rep., who was very pleasant and friendly, dodged questions about specific details and could not provide me with a link to the specific details about the policy. Also could not get good, specific responses to emails.

Homeland HealthcareBad Company

I was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 20. I come to them needing help. I told the consultant that I needed covered labs and doctor visits since i get them every 3 months. She ensured me a great plan and even though it was costly I went with it. After 6 months I got a bill for labs and it was OUTRAGEOUS bill...I was so confused. The lady's name she said was laura and the number she gave me ended up being a juicer product number. When I called the company (Homeland) they said that sometimes their consultants are not truthful and lie. There was nothing they could do...
          When it came time to redo my plan in august I told them I want to cancel and they sent me a packet and I returned it. In October my acct. overdrawn and the bank said they were still taking money out for sept. and oct. When I called them they said they would not return my money saying they didnt receive my packet. I have been paying the last two months in full at the doctors office so i asked if they would refund my money I spent for sept. and oct. and they said no. I was then transfered to a very very rude lady who yelled and wouldnt let me talk. Such a bad company!!! Pls dont go with them!!!

Respond

Homeland HealthcareDishonest Representation

I had been denied medical insurance through Kaiser and tried to find other medical insurance through the internet. Joe Borack of Homeland Healthcare was the 1st to reply to my request for medical insurance info. He described an insurance coverage plan that sounded too good to be true. He told me that it was just like group coverage through an employer & that it was available because there are sometimes some extra slots available through large companies (not sure of the exact quote). So this was something I should jump on. He told me many things that were not true (at the end of our conversation, I was convince that it was GREAT) he said I'd be recorded that that they'd stress that it was supplemental coverage, but that was nothing to worry about -- he explained that it meant that they'd cover more than full insurance, as well as some other inaccurate.

I should have done my research, but I bought into the things this man was telling me. When the contract arrived, it looked awful. I telephoned immedicately to find out what exactly would be covered. I was given the "run around" and told that they could not tell me until they received the bill from the doctor. I should have cancelled then and there, but I trusted. I bare much responsibility in this poor decision, but I was lied to beyond belief! I will no longer trust sales people and I will do my research. This was a scam and it now will prevent me from applying for coverage through the state -- as a person must be uninsured for 6 months to be eligible for state assistance with coverage once you've been denied.

After I received the first statement from Homeland, I freaked out and did a little research -- it was too late. I had had a full physical exam, with blood work, mamogram, pap, etc. Homeland probably paid approximately $200.00 towards all of this. I will not know exact figures until statements come from all providers. That is very frightening.

When I did cancel this policy, I also canceled my credit card, as I had learned that Homeland had alledgely continued to charge former clients after they'd canceled. They were not going to take me again. What a learning experience! I could have gladly done without it. Ali P.

Respond

Homeland Healthcarelied about prescription

I submitted my first prescription that was supposed to be $10.00 as my agent checked on all my scripts to make sure that my generics were still covered at $10.00. I had my prescription Morphine Sulphate 60 mg and now I find out that it's going to cost me $116.00 because I have a monthly maximum of $150.00 that I wasn't told about by my agent. She gauranteed me that this prescription would cost me only $10. I do not have that kind of money, now I can't find anything out until monday, and then I don't know if I will get that prescription, and I have been taking these for quite some time for severe chronic pain. I don't know what I will do or what could happen to me if I can't take it like i'm supposed to. Help!

7 Responses
                  ANGELDEB Dec 01, 2010

I truly want to correct myselfrevise my comment on Homeland Healthcare... As I mentioned in my comment Markel, Homeland Healthcare, and America's Health Brokers all checked out to be legit in my extensive research. However, I came across many sites that have an abundant of complaints about them. These complaints range from misrepresentation, inability to cancel policy, refusal to refund funds, etc. My husband is retired and I am bedridden from a severe stroke. I am unable to get health coverage because of my pre=existing, can't qualify for Social Security Disability nor SSI, and we live on a fixed income. I can not afford to waste money! Enrollment fees are just that...it starts the process and non-refundable. As for being a scam, who really knows. I just don't want to be a victim.

Homeland Healthcare needs to learn that "Word of mouth" is the best advertising. Whether its 5 complaints or 200 complaints... sometimes 1 complaint is too much. Too many complaints can hurt them; maybe not tomorrow but in the future for sure. I do know these complaints have made my decision for me. Please do right by your consumers, and refund their money to them.

• Te
                  tekoha Oct 26, 2010

i am on cobra which will be running out 12/30, and I have been looking. I was connected to homeland national care. I was told had to pay 90.00 to get things rolling, and that I could look over and cancell within 30 day with full refund. well I received over draft from my bank for 798.00 withdrawn. I am calling the tomorrow 10/26/10 and will not take no for an answer and I do have a lawyer and I think he can help me out.My cobra is 1300.00 per month for myself and husband. I cannot afford to give away 798.00. I cannot believe I was scammed as I worked in medical office and delt with insurances daily. The only thing I have received is a pharmacy card that says I can get up to 75%off...I certainly don't feel that this is worth 798.00

thanks,
                  Deb

• Nu
                  Numbr1Brokr Jun 15, 2010

I do not feel that attacking someones reading ability clearly defines an ajudication to these allegations. First off someone who knows Homeland Health knows their are thousands of companies that offer these plans and they are located in many different cities throughout the country just because one is bad does not mean they are all bad. Good luck to anyone who is having trouble finding a plan.

• Tx
                  TxAgent Apr 28, 2010

Well I hope you enjoy AIM because they lost their insurance backing for the 3rd time in six months.

Med Agent Apr 05, 2010

Homeland is not a scam. Didnt any of you bother to read the website or the brochure. It clearly lists all payments for each of the plans. It is a "defined benefit" plan and not a "major medical" plan. It says this on the website. If you can read you wouldnt be making these absurd claims. Homeland has 10's of thousands of very happy customers...and I know about 50 of them

• Ju
                  justanotherbuyer12345 Sep 05, 2009

Oh gosh! I don't know who you are but you must be really insecure to react that way when someone is calling you a harmless name like babe. You need to lighten up!

I thought this company was great. It was nice to talk to someone sweet that actually cared how I felt. It makes the whole process seen less stressful!

• Lo
                  Lost money agin111 Aug 01, 2009

I registered on line for health insurance information. Michelle Mosser (or something like that) contacted me. I am a 27 year old female with allergies. I was interested in the plan for $109.00. She kept calling me baby and babe and I was very uncomfortable. I have nothing against lesbian's but she over stepped the line. The background noise was terrible. I overheard someone talking about selling good pain pills and they could make big bucks. This company is not professional and they need to fire these telemarketers. I ended up calling and speaking with a representative with AIM. I just can't work with drug selling con people. It is a shame because I was ready to purchase their plan that day.

Homeland HealthcareHomeland Scam??

By the way many plans include small amounts of Critical Illness coverage (2.5K, 5K and even 10K). The NPX plans even have dental and vision discount plans included. Since Homeland pays claims it is REAL insurance BUT it is not major madical. Is is called a "defined benefit" plan. It is for the 20% (est) people who cannot qualify for major medical. In that regard it can be a great plan...although it has limits on coverage. And of course the network (BeechStreet or Multiplan) gives the the initial discounts off of the provider charges. The dishonest people posting complaints are comparing it to "major medical" plans which is not fair. I have many happy customers

3 Responses
                    Sarah Quinn Jun 09, 2010

I agree I have many happy customers every day pregnant, diab., and even more pre existing conditions most companies exclude.

• Od
                    Odie1745 Apr 21, 2010

They are very specific that it is not major medical. And since I cant get any other insurance it is better than nothing

Med Agent Mar 28, 2010

The please complaining about Ho, eland Healthcare are liars. I have benn selling Homeland for 2 years. Everything is up-front on the website. SureCare has a 12 month wait on pre-ex (waived with current credible coverage) and NPX plans have no wait period. If the doctor is in BeechStreet they accept this insurance. Claims are paid promptly as per plan details (clearly specified on website). As with all "Limited Benefit" plans there are limits. The addition of a Critical Illness rider or policy helps fill these gaps. I have many, many happy customers.

Homeland HealthcareMISREPRESENTATION

Ok, well I guess I am one of the lucky ones in this string of complaints...after picking the agents brain for almost an hour to which he referred to this policy roughly 10 times as a "Group Plan" that is Nationwide I realized when I hung up the phone that this type of a policy does not exist... I am a licensed Insurance Agent and have been for many years, I write Property and Casualty so I know just enough about Health Insurance to get me in trouble...
                  This policy as verified with the companies home office is a "Limited Benefit Health benefit Plan" which is a far cry from "Group Insurance". While researching this as I am a sceptic by nature I came across all the complaints and the negative BBB reports and immediately called the agent to advise him that I want the policy cancelled, he advised that Jay in the Accounting Department would contact me immediately to cancel...Well, he never called me and it's been 2 hours...I immediately called my bank and got the Dispute Department as the charges were presented within minutes of my conversation with this agent, probably before we even hung up the phone...
                  The charge seems to have been reversed by my bank already so I am lucky, some of us have not been so lucky...
                  THIS LIMITED BENEFIT POLICY IS/NEVER WAS DESIGNED TO REPLACE A COMPREHENSIVE HEALTHCARE PLAN AND WILL BANKRUPT YOU IN THE EVENT OF AN ILLNESS, IT WAS CREATED FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE UNINSURABLE, OR AS A GAP COVERAGE IN ADDITION TO YOUR EXISTING INSURANCE...
                  Hope this posting saves someone else the Heart palpitations that I just went through, consumers beware!!

Celest LaVergne
                  Boca Raton

5 Responses
                    • In
                      Insurance Slayer Jun 01, 2011

I was sold to a Limited Benefit Health benefit Discount Plan By a crafty insurance sales person from HomeLand Healthcare as a "Group Insurance but not quite a Mayor Medical Insurance " with no out of pocket deductibles for medical or doctor's visit with Homeland paying 100% of the tab and even throwing a freebie 10-20, 000 life insurance bonus to my Wife if I die soon !

I wonder they were expecting me to die young by me being drowned in medical bills they would have not payed !

If this Company sounds to good to be true chances are is Not True Folks, Thanks to this site My eyes were open to the " BIG FAT LIE " this company were producing to hook desperate people with preexisting conditions like me !

I thought about writing to the BBB but it will be a waste of time since they have very limited power to prosecute companies like these one !

Brandon Wood Mar 24, 2011

I want to make sure that your concerns are being answered and that Homeland has refunded your money.

My name is Brandon Wood and I am the Chief Marketing Officer at Homeland HealthCare. I want to get involved and help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

I do apologize for the level of service you have received and I would like to understand who the agent was that sold you this policy and what you felt you were buying. This is a limited benefit health insurance policy. It is not major medical insurance and it should not be used to replace major med.

I want to make sure I resolve this complaint to your satisfaction. Please send me your member number and your date of cancellation. I will have this resolved to your satisfaction.

Thanks and I apologize for any problems you have encountered.

• Dp
                      D Pitcher Feb 22, 2011

If it sounds too good to be true...IT IS! Can't believe I was so duped by these people. Was told one thing on the phone and what I got was far from it. Tried calling...first time I got an answer but when I began my questions they hung up and couldn't make contact again. So we will see about the refund. Hopefully I am only out the $99

• Ba
                      Barbara Woolard Oct 25, 2010

I was told by this company several times that my doctor and my hospital was in their network. I took out the policy July 1, 2010 and have now found out after filing a claim that the hospital has not been a participant since 2004. Not only am I out $2400 for the preminums I have to pay over $1700 for a CT Scan and $123.00 for reading of this scan. I was lied to and am very hurt there are people out there who make a living out of cheating us senior citizens out of our hard earned money. Is there nothing that can be done about this?? I'm calling the Commissioner of Insurance to see what if anything can be done!

Sarah Quinn Jun 09, 2010

If you were realy a health insurance agent you would realize that over 8 million people go with coverage because they get denied and if sold properly this limited cash dollar paying product will help people.

Homeland HealthcareFRAUD CHEAT AND SCAM

I WAS ONLINE LOOKING FOR HEALTHCARE WHEN I GET A CALL BY A REPRESENTATIVE FROM HOMELAND HEALTH CARE BY NAME OF MARIO TELL ME HOW GOOD THE HOMELAND HEALTH CARE WAS AND IF I WAS UNHAPPY WITH PROGRAM I WOULD GET A FULL REFUND BACK I CANCEL THIS AFTER SEEN THE COMPLAINTS OF THIS COMPANY. WAS ONLY REFUNFD 168.00 NOT MY FULL AMOUNT THAT I WAS TOLD BY MARIO WHEN I SIGN UP AND WAS NOT HAPPY I WOULD A FULL REFUND BACK . TODAY I CONTACT HOMELAND HEALTH CARE MEMBER SERVICE I WAS TOLD BY SOME MEAN AND RUDE LADY NO ONLY 168.00 WAS TO BE REFUND. I WAS MISLEAD BY IT'S REPRESTATIVE THIS COMPANY WOULD REFUND MY FULL PAYMENT . THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF BS AND A JOKE TO THE PEOPLE, A BIG FRAUD, CHEAT AND SCAM. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND THE SCAM THEY PULL ON PEOPLE. ~VERY DECEITFUL COMPANY ~ BEWARE **BEWARE ** BEWARE ** BEWARE**BEWARE**BEWARE

2 Responses
                      • Ga
                        gagootza Jul 02, 2010

i was looking for healthcare insurance with a friend of mine and we couldn't come up with anything and when she was about to leave the phone rang, a women named kristen told me she could give me a good plan for $250 a monthe, no deductable and a $125 enrollment fee, and also the price was locked in for five years.something sounded rotten in denmark so i called to cancel she said she didn't understand whybut now i have to fill out a form that says cancelation request.i'm emailing the insurance commisioner and all the higher up officials i can get my hands on, and in the end a lawyer.these people should be ashamed of themselves stealing money from people like all of you and me

• Pa
                        Patricia Barbour-Smith Jan 28, 2010

I am very disappointed with the homeland healthcare as well. I haven't gotten any of my money back. I am sending the papers back in to get my monies back. I hope that I get something back, I even canceled the card that was used so they couldn't get any more of my money.

Homeland HealthcareDRUG SOLD FROM BUSINESS/fraud/scam

I called to get health insurance on me and my two children. I spoke with Al Brookins. He badgered me and told me I couldn't do any better for me and my kids. He told me I was a terrible provider for my kids. I told him I had a pre-existing condition with my back and I was in constant pain. He told me he could sell me some good drugs. I was appalled I asked if these calls were monitored he said he runs the whole department and he can delete this call. He says he gets hard core pain medicine and sells to different customers he says the whole damn health insurance ### is a front. They are in the DRUG BUSINESS>>>>>>

4 Responses
                        • Tx
                          TxAgent Apr 28, 2010

BUSTED! Hahaha. That's what happens when you don't tell both sides of the story, Savannah.

• Fa
                          Fatherof Trey Sep 18, 2009

Here is the email Savannah Thompson sent me prior
                          From: Savannah Thompson [[email protected]]
                          Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:12 PM
                          To: Al Brookins
                          Subject: Re: If you're still looking for health insurance or about to lose the coverage you presently have, I can help

Please STOP sending emails!!! Take me off your list and out of your system!!! Mr. Brookins, persistance in this manor is obnoxious and makes a customer NOT want to even speak with you, let alone buy health "insurance" from you. I'm very sorry, I'm sure working to earn commission sucks! But don't be a pushy ###! Leave me alone! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

SavvySavan Sep 18, 2009

Here is a message that Mr. Brookins emailed me :) Isn't he wonderful...NOT! WOW this man is SICK!

"On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Al Brookins <[email protected]> wrote:
                          > In the future please do not take out your personal issues on those trying to help. I understand your frustration and do apologize as the system automatically sends out emails but several of them stated that if you did not need our help to reply back and let us know that. Going forward if you do not want emails a wise thing would be not to put your email and other personal information on the internet. Actually based off of your medical history and height to weight ratio also know as BMI you are an auto decline for major medical on an individual basis and honestly if I were in your situation I guess I would be a little frustrated and angry but at this time due to the reasons stated you are too high a risk. Good luck with your search. Oh just an FYI I am a salaried employee and spent more today on plane tickets, hotel reservations and my car rental for my vacation than you most likely make in a month. Don't assume, you remember what your teacher told you about that in high school as it was just a little over 4 years ago for you. :)
                          > Best Regards
                          > [protected] ext 122
                          > [email protected]
                          > ______________________________________"

mamagee Sep 01, 2009

This is bogus!!! This individual is personally slandering Al Brookins and this company. You obviously are a messed up person who doesnt have anything else better to do with your time. Blatent lies must make you feel good! If you really have a complaint then complain but there is no need make things up because you couldnt get what you wanted. You know there are 2 kinds of people out there people who hide behind the truth with lies and those that just tell the truth.

You have to be a coward since you are hiding behind this posting and not willing to put your name on this complaint. Chicken? or what? I get it you must be an ex-employee!!! LOL

I've known Al personally for over 5 years. This posting is farthest from the truth. I've recommended a number of clients to him and his company. He is a very trust worthy person who loves to help people. This slander is offensive I can only imagine what it is doing to him and his family you are messing with this man's livelihood!!!

Homeland Healthcare — Fraud

I was looking for insurance since I was not going to continue the overpriced COBRA benefits and they called...