Starz Entertainment — starz scam of free trial on app - case #265023
On 10/13/17 I downloaded the app for a free trial. It did not work with my phone and I have the screen shot to prove it. I immediately canceled my subscription. I got an email back with instructions on how to cancel and if I had any trouble, to email back or call the customer service line.
None of the instructions worked and I have now been trying to cancel ever since. No one responds to the emails and no one ever picks up on their customer service line, [protected]. I have called many many times. I was just on hold for 22 minutes and no one picked up.
Starz tested my back account twice with a $1.00 charge and I immediately called my bank. Then the y charge me the $8.99 fee on 10/16/17 even though I have canceled about 10 times before the deadline of being charged.
This is horrible service. I also think a total scam to get people locked into paying because you can't get in touch with a person to help you cancel.
I am of course disputing the charge and will continue to until this is canceled. I think you figure that it's only $8.99 and if it's too much of a pain in the butt the cancel, i'll just pay it. Nope. Not happening. Cancel this now.
More Starz Entertainment Complaints & Reviews
- Starz Entertainment - cancelled and was still charged 
- Starz Entertainment - closed captioning 
- Starz Entertainment - encore western channel removal of laramie 
- Starz - a charge to my credit card 
- Starzplay - movie + tv shows streaming 
- Starz Entertainment - triple charging my debit card for the same subscription
- Starz Entertainment - month subscription
- Starz Entertainment - starz movie channel
- Starz Entertainment - starz online 
- Starz Entertainment - cancelling my subscription