Starband.netEmail/Site Blocking

This site is blocking emails to their customers accounts from sites without any proof. I received an email to advise my email had been rejected as it was listed in a negative database as a Home Internet Connection. The server in fact is in a cluster, in the largest Data Centre in Europe and has never been a home connection.

I clicked on the link to report the error:

Email rejected because 94.**.**.1 is listed as dynamic by http://www.starband.net/removalrequest/default.asp?IP=94.**.**.1)

This is the message I got:

HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected
Internet Information Services

I could only access their site by going through an Amercian Proxy. Most domain admins would not waste their time doing what I have so I would advise to steer well clear.

• Da
    david.compton Nov 27, 2011

• Ki
    Kianaeta Sep 20, 2011

I have had the misfortune of being a customer of starband for 5 years. There is just no other options being in rural Texas. Hughs net will not even talk to me since it is a business and I offer it to my guests and Hughes wants $15.00 a month for each of my spaces that I rent even if no one is in the space.Star Band is REALLY REALLY POOR. They will throttle you down even if you have your modoem turned OFF. The orginial contract said UNLIMITED band with but they have change the rules without telling you.IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION, STAY AWAY FROM STARBAND.

Antistarband Jul 30, 2010

I have had the missfortune of being a customer of starband for 5 years. There is just no other options being in rural Texas. Hughs net will not even talk to me since it is a business and I offer it to my guests and Hughes wants $15.00 a month for each of my spaces that I rent even if no one is in the space.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION, STAY AWAY FROM STARBAND.

• Er
    Eric Anderson Mar 06, 2009

I am having the same problem in Brazil. After 10 years of using the service traveling back and forth to the US this is a step backwards.
    Makes no senses at all !

John Fisher Feb 21, 2009

These starband ### are blocking me also down here in Columbia. I could get into my email up to about 4 days ago, but now I am blocked. What good is a F%&$/&# email account if you can´t use it around the world. >I would change providers when I get home but for the fact that they have me by the cajones.

• Bl
    bluemi Feb 15, 2009

Same problem here. This company is a joke! How can you get your legitimite emails through their spam filters when you're nozt even allowed to open their website???

• Da
    David Munns Feb 03, 2009

iam trying to send an e-mail to a friend in Belize, but I cannot because I get the same rejection message as the above complaint