Southern Motionquality brings shame to "american made" products

R

We purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa and love seat set three years ago. We were lured into purchasing the Southern Motion set because we strongly believe in buying American made products and supporting local retailers instead of the big box stores. After two years the material on the bonded leather sofa (which was sold to us as marketed by Southern Motion as "bullet proof and indestructible" material) began falling apart. This set gets just moderate to low usage in our home and after two years developed a small crack that now at year three is peeling an a a large section on the seat is completely pealed off to the backing. I talked with the retailer and was told there was just a one year warranty. I would never recommend this brand to anyone. If this company expects consumers to purchase a new sofa at nearly $2000 every couple of years forget it. I will do all I can to ensure no one I know falls for their terrible product. I have been searching for months on contact information and cannot locate a phone number or email on their website. They are obviously do no have the confidence in their product to stand behind it, and are hiding from duped consumers by failing to publish their phone number. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BRAND!

• Pe
    Pee'd customer Oct 20, 2018

We purchased a Southern Motion power sofa and power recliner from Stacy’s Furniture delivered in February of 2017 with the 5-year Premium 1 Guardian protection plan. We have had electrical problems from the date of delivery with the recliner. Now we are having problems with the sofa and recliner with cushions, and possibly spring/frame problem in addition to the initial electrical problem. At the very beginning we were told by Stacy’s sales representative to come in and chose another recliner.
    Stacy’s did will not honor their commitment to replace the chair in addition to the repairs to the cushion and the possible spring/frame problems on the left hand side of the sofa, even though they are covered by the Southern Motion limited lifetime warranty. It will cost us ~$250 to cover labor assuming the person doing the work receives the stuffing and cushions. We have given up on the electrical problem sense we no longer care about it.
    We have been married for 37 years and have purchased sofas and chairs in 6 of the 7 homes we purchased. Never have we experienced such issues, not even with some of the large national brands we purchased.
    I called and wrote to Southern Motion to see if they will correct the problems with the couch and chair. They never responded.
    Before you consider a Southern Motion sofa, or purchasing anything at Stacy’s, you should consider other suppliers that back up their product and their word.

• Pa
    Pattylec Dec 10, 2016

My double recliner is electric and it quite often goes down with a clunking sound and a jerking side to side.I bought from a home town retail store and they will not come and get it.had other problems with it, they did come for it, but I guess once is all you get. The memory foam seat is no good and the stuffing for the legs came off and slid to the end of the material, they glued it back on.I told them the seat needed replacing, they did not do it. I have to put pillows on the seat.this chair is an overpriced piece of Junk! It is a year old this month.I hate this piece of junk!