Soulful EncountersRude and unprofessional towards their members

Soulful Encounters (www.soulfulencounters.com and www.soulfulencountersradio.com) is an online dating web site based in London, Ontario Canada that was specifically for the disabled and is both free and charges people depending on their membership. They have members all over the world. They mention that they not only provide dating and counseling services by professional therapists, clergy and advocates. They also have an online radio station run by several members who are DJs. I am a former member and their conduct towards helping the certain member is totally unprofessional. Gossip, arguing and threatening members continuously occurs on there, and the owner gets way too personal when it comes to handling problems, and has even interfered with my personal problems after I left the site. Totally rude people and how they treat some of their members is outright hypocritical!!! I will never com back to this site again and I strongly suggest anyone who wants to register should rethink after reading this complaint. Soulful Encounters is strongly NOT recommended!!!

• Ni
    Nick Dorshorst Mar 19, 2017

I have been a member at Soulful Encounters for almost 2 years now. I have never seen the owner gang up on anyone, or encourage others to do so. I have seen her try to keep the peace, when a user gets out of hand, and most will take it in stride and alter their behavior.

Some of the members have cognitive challenges and so they may get upset easily, and the own, and many of the members, try their best to talk them down. The owner takes special care to try to protect those, especially women, who might be easily attacked and abused. She tries to keep the place clean and respectful. I think the owner is doing a great thing with this site, and if you are disabled, you get in free, after a voice call from the owner, to make sure you are who you say, and not a scammer or other predator. I have been on both disabled and regular dating sites, and this is by far the safest and tamest of sites. It is not a meat market and if you are looking for just a hookup, there are many other sites that would fit your style. The own tries to keep an environment that encourages relationships and friendships. There are dating successes and there are many friendship successes. While nothing is perfect, I think this site is as close as you will ever get to a respectful dating site.

I am a DJ on the site, and i know many of the other DJs and they are all respectful to the members and try their best to help members, if asked. The owner has a great heart and pays for this site, mostly out of her own pocket. She does not press people to donate, though there is an option on the site to do so, and I think that is more than reasonable.

So, please ignore the negative comments and give the site a try. The owner gains nothing financially by you giving it a try, since it is free for disabled members. If you decide it isn't for you, then you are not out anything and can go on your way. But, if it does turn out to help you, then you are much richer for it.

Thanks for your time spent reading this comment. I hope to see you on WWW.SOULFULENCOUNTERS.COM and tune in to listen to the radio at WWW.SOULFULENCOUNTERSRADIO.COM. We have live DJ's most nights from 8 to midnight Eastern time, and some other times as well. A schedule is posted on the radio site. when there isn't a DJ, there is an automatic DJ playing music as well.

jasonparker Nov 16, 2016

call me [protected]

jasonparker Nov 16, 2016

CALL ME JASON I JUST NEED ONE MORE CHANCE [protected]

• Dr
    Drew85 Jan 08, 2016

And yes this is Werewolf 85. Soulful Encounters is a cyber bullying ring and completely contradicts the purpose of helping the disabled. Louise and all her cronies are a bunch of bullies. I know numerous people who also quit because Louise would spew gossip and talk negatively about others then encourage her favorite members of gaining up on them and subjecting them to abuse and humiliation. That's not helping people; that's bullying and defamation. I hope the authorities intervene and shut this site down.

• Dr
    Drew85 Jan 08, 2016

Walker, you obviously have me mistaken for someone else because I never once used any profanity in there and I quit the site; I was never banned. And unlike you, I was always respectful of others (yes I remember you). I was constantly bullied by several members and Louise always encouraged people to gain up on others that she disagreed with even the slightest wee bit. Several people made inappropriate advances towards me and when I complained to Louise, she instead threatened me. Most of the people in the chatroom are rude and abusive and subject decent like us to abuse and humiliation. I wanted to sue this site for defamation. This is all cyber bullying at its finest and I'm glad that I left. I never want to return to this site again!!! Shame on everyone who goes along with Louise on her bullying escapades.

Werewolf Jan 08, 2016

To further make my point, another person has a complaint on this site stating that Louise may seem genuine but in fact starts stuff behind their backs and makes people turn against one another and even goes as far as talking negative things about people even after they left. I myself was so disgusted that I wanted to file a lawsuit against her for slander. She's a bully!!!

Werewolf Jan 08, 2016

You people must have me mixed up for another person because never once did I ever used profanity in there nor not once did anything that was inappropriate so you're obviously mistaking me for someone else. I don't even use profanity outside in real life either. Louise kept on meddling in my personal relationship with someone that I know and even threatened to kick me out if I continued my relationship with this one girl (who by the way is a very kind hearted and decent person). Louise is overbearing, unprofessional and treats disabled people like they're children with no ability to make their own decisions. I have even talked to several psychologists, my own family about this site and even they say that it is not healthy. It's a hostile environment in there which is why I decided to quit out of disgust. And several other people who I know also left in disgust. I think Louise knows what weaknesses people have especially those with disabilities, takes advantage of them and likes being in power over them. She's a bully!!!

• Gl
    GladGal Jun 12, 2015

I have been a member of Soulful Encounters for a very long time. I do not agree with any of the complaints here. I have known the owner/operator of Soulful Encounters Mrs. L Maxwell for many years and she bends over backwards to help her members any way possible. Yes, there are rules and there should be rules as any site will have rules and protocols of usage of which are stated in the terms and conditions. Soulful Encounters is a safe place because Mrs. Maxwell diligently goes through a policy to ensure the members are protected. I also am a dj for the soulfulencounters radio site and I am eternally grateful for this opportunity. Anyone thinking of joining need not pay attention to the complaints posted here because there is always 3 sides to the story . The truth is that Mrs. Maxwell gives her members many chances before having to take the step to remove a member as I know for a fact that removing a member for breach of the terms and conditions is heart breaking for her.
    Sincerely,
    Sharon aka GladGal (a very happy member at Soulful Encounters)

CarlaHean Apr 27, 2015

the more I think about it all the complaints must be true...

CarlaHean Apr 26, 2015

makes me wonder why all the complaints sound familiar if their wasnt truth to it?

CarlaHean Apr 26, 2015

makes me wonder why the complaints all sound familiar. if there wasn't some sort of truth to ir?

shawncarter May 15, 2013

i disagree with happy heart i don t think scammer is just in africa. i think a good amount of them is over there but scammers are all over the world they come in all shapes and sizes and colors.

shawncarter May 15, 2013

i am a new menber of the site i can t wait to join. i think louise is doing a good job

shawncarter May 15, 2013

i think that soulful encounters is a wonderful site for the disabled i can t wait to join the site i am pretty sure there are wonderful ppl om the site

• Gi
    Gimpydoggy Feb 24, 2013

Jason I remember you very well. We spoke several times one on one in the "Private Chat" boxes. You had a very youthful and naive appreciation of others which we discussed. Dating sites aren't drive thru for "favors" shall we politely say. Louise politely attempted to accommodate your massively demanding style in chat but sadly there are only 24 hours in a day. The fault lies with you being unwilling to take responsibility for your life and actions. Then as we discussed you have a very unhealthy attitude towards women that frankly is creepy. As a human being I couldn't in good conscience stand by and allow a young woman get involved with a man that could say such foul things. Many members attempted to point out your need to tone down the forward demands. People aren't your personal property and no one owes you anything. If you would have politely listened to those of that were sincerely attempting to help you I'm confident you would still be a member. It pains me to be this blunt in a rebuttal Jason but you need help and I mean literally. A dating site isn't designed to provide that sort of massive medical and professional help.

• Gi
    Gimpydoggy Feb 24, 2013

I've been a member of Soulful Encounters since nearly it's inceptions and remember each of those that are making childish claims about the site. Wolfman stick in my mind for being a very deceitful person. There was no backdoor stuff required as mere common sense would poke massive holes in his outlandish claims such as being a member of the famed Navy Seal Team 6. Then when it came to the Radio side his dishonesty about, well, everything, kept him off the air. He was afforded every opportunity but chose to be disrespectful to other members. He was welcome even with his selfish self-absorbed nature until his tantrums become disruptive to the group as a whole. As has been mention everyone is welcome unless they start attacking others. One persons right to free expression should never deny others of the same freedom. I invite you to join as it's free and judge for yourself.

• Mo
    momkel70 Feb 22, 2013

hi im nebbe i was having trouble logging in and about month i emailed louise and found it was my error that i could log in and lousie should me a different way. iam sorry for any misunderstanding i have made i hope to chat here for a long time.
    momkel 70

• To
    TossedSalad23 Oct 07, 2012

This site is unprofessional. Uses a free cms to manage the software. If you say one wrong thing they boot you. If you have a private conversation with members and they dislike what you say they run and tell on you like little children. It happened to me alot. Here is some advice what people say off site is not the site owners concern. Very rude people, they ignore you and attack people they misunderstand. Older ladies preying on younger men.

• Bl
    blackman2 Sep 30, 2012

SEE THAT JUST GO TO SHOW HOW MEAN THEY ARE AT SOULFUL ENCOUNTERS .COM

Comments

Werewolf Sep 29, 2017

@blackman2 I don’t know you Jason but of the things Louise told me, it almost looks as though you did all this to yourself. There’s a thing in life called karma. Do unto others as others do unto you. If you treat people badly then obviously they will treat you badly in return. That’s what karma is. The only person you should blame for this is yourself. And blaming others will never get you anyplace in life. I have a lot of guilt for what happened in the past on there however made my peace with Louise and I worked my heart out to earn back the respect and admiration of the members on Soulful encounters. People don’t give you what you want out of life, you have to earn it. It’s why I was able to return and you haven’t. The Bible says to treat others with kindness and that’s what got you banned.

• Bl
    blackman2 Sep 30, 2012

Jason
    What's up man? What I hear is not good. I been hearing some disturbing things about you. Why do you insist on sending Louise so many emails? Don't you realize that only shows her that you haven't changed!! By doing that you are only cutting your own throat. Even if she has said you can not come back to the site, don't you think it's time to move on to better things. A site that you can really feel as if you belong and maybe find the girlfriend you so desperately want. Do you think SE can give you that.Can you honestly say you would get that there? You have been mean and nasty to alot of people on the site and some of the things can not and should not be forgiven. Sometimes people burn bridges and can not cross back over. That's what you have done. Even if you were allowed back on the site alot of people would leave and the others would NOT talk to you. So you would be sitting there being ignored.Ask your friend that you had talk to people in chat about you coming back.Everybody didn't want you back, so is all the emails worth it? Why don't you let it go and find another site where you can be happy.And stop with all the emails please.
    Danelover

parker1988 Sep 28, 2012

I JUST WANT ANOTHER CHANCE I AM A GOOD GUY I HAVE NEVER BREAK THE LAW ARE ANYTHING. AND I NEVER HAD A FAMILY I COME ON THAT SITE LOOKING FOR COMPASSION PEOPLE. AND THEY SAID THEY WERE LIKE A FAMILY. SO THAT IS WANT DRAW ME TO THEM. BUT I PROMISE IF THEY GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE I CHANGE UP MY ACT AND CAUSE THEM ANY TROUBLE.

sincerely MAN THAT NEED ANOTHER CHANCE

Werewolf Sep 29, 2017

@parker1988 I don’t know you Jason but of the things Louise and many of my friends told me, told me, it almost looks as though you did all this to yourself. There’s a thing in life called karma. Do unto others as others do unto you. If you treat people badly then obviously they will treat you badly in return. That’s what karma is. The only person you should blame for this is yourself. And blaming others will never get you anyplace in life. I have a lot of guilt for what happened in the past on there however made my peace with Louise and I worked my heart out to earn back the respect and admiration of the members on Soulful encounters. People don’t give you what you want out of life, you have to earn it. It’s why I was able to return and you haven’t. The Bible says to treat others with kindness and that’s what got you banned.

parker1988 Sep 28, 2012

soulful encounters clams to be like family and love another.But that not the case with me they won t let me back because of one little mistake i made. The owner is very cruel she won t even talk too me. And i really need site like this i don t have any other site to go too. I AM not a bad guy i have a learning Disabilities and the site clam they can deal with all types of disabilities and they clam the are friendly and compassion i just need them too give me one more chance.

SINCERELY A MAN THAT NEEDS I ANOTHER CHANCE

Comments

parker1988 Sep 28, 2012

while soulful encounter are not big on give people a 3 chances.

• Wa
    WalkerHC Jun 12, 2012

I would like to respond to that noise werewolf posted. I have been a member of Soulful Encounters for over 5 years now and I can very truthfully report that Soulful Encounters is a clean & friendly on-line community where the members treat eachother with respect! The founder / manager Louise Maxwell is a good kindhearted person who gives of herself ( her personal finances & her time) in order to provide for us members the opportunity to come together & enjoy eachothers friendship. Lou is fair & handles all situations approporiately & professionally. She does not tolorate foul language in the chatroom. And, that's the way it should be. The werewolf character is sooo totally bogus! I don't know who this werewolf is; But, I have a good idea who it is. That person is general-purpose trash & was deleted from Soulful Encounters because of his profanity in the chatroom. He was warned multiple times for his filthy language & he continued to post obscenity in the chatroom & Louise got rid of him. And now, he continues to spread his hate. I am glad he was removed. Soulful Encounters is a good clean site where the members are kind to eachother ... WalkerHC.

• Wh
    WheelsOf Joy Jun 12, 2012

I have been on this site almost from onset and Louise Maxwell is respected. She is a grand lady who is so very compassionate and has worked tiredlessly trying to bring monitary help to members who really needed it. She is like our computer Mom. She is always there when we need to talk or when we need to bounce something around. She uses her own money to run the site. There are no membership fees. I dont know where this werewolf got his information. I never paid one cent on the site and never has anyone else.Soulful Encounters is just that...meeting of the souls. Louise is a soft hearted woman who would love to be able to help everyone on here. She gives people many chances and if she deletes it is only because of people who continue to fight in the chatroom and to use swearing and bad language. This is unacceptable to all of us. As for professionals on here...Yes there have always been counselors where we can ask questions and they answer us. Another thing that I dont know where this werewolf got his information. I know Louise M is of utmost integrity and does not involve herself in anyone's personal affairs..This person was have heard some hear say from another person who was misbehaving in the chatroom. Long live Soulful Encounters. We have a second home where Louise loves her members and treats us like family.

• St
    StatusMoon Jun 12, 2012

I too disagree with werewolf85. When I had join the site I was welcomed and I have met alot of friendly and caring people. I have been a member for awhile and I have enjoyed my time at soulfulencounters. I have found Louise to be the most nicest woman around. I wish there were more people like her. I will continue to get my friends to join soulfulencounters. I too love and enjoy that Louise joins the chat. Louise is a very kind person one in a million in my book. I will continue to come to the site and enjoy myself. I love the site.

Sharonss Jun 11, 2012

I too disagree very strongly with werewolf85's comments/complaint about SoulfulEnounters. This site is excellent and ran very professionally. www.soulfulencounters.com embraces all disabilities and even the family members of the disabled individual. I have been a member of soulful encounters for a number of years and it is my home on the internet. i am a dj on soulfulencountersradio of which all dj's have their licences provided by the owner/operator. I love that Louise comes into the chat room at Soulfulencounters as her presence makes me feel wanted and valued as a member.
    Sincerley,
    GladGal

jack15767 Jun 11, 2012

I totally disagree with werewolf85. I have been a member of Soulful Encounters since November of 2011, and have never had a problem with Louise M., the founder and owner of the website. In fact, Soulful Encounters literally turned my life around. I have found many wonderful friends at Soulful encounters, and intend to be an active member for as long as i am able to do so.
    I am a DJ, and a peer counselor on the website. I have never known of a person being deleted from the site without very good reason. Like any place where there is a large group of people, rules must be in place, and enforced. It is everyone's responsibility to follow the rules of any website, and if they break the rules they must face the consequences.

• Da
    danelover413 Jun 11, 2012

Soulful Encounters.com
    I have been a member there for awhile now.I am in a wheelchair and rarely had human contact.I found this site and it is a blessing.I have found the people to be nice and helpful.They even let me be a DJ.And the DJ's have done nothing but help me.The lady that developed the site, Louise Maxwell, has helped me thru the site and has been very kind to me.Yes she is involved with chat but that is because she cares about everyone of us.She has done so much for the people on this site.We are all family.So professional, we are not stuffy professional, but she has rules that we have to follow.and if there is a little tiff Louise handles it immediately.So this guy is totally wrong about this site.You don't have enough space to say all the good things about this site.

• Ba
    bayegirl Oct 22, 2011

Hello Dear
    My name is Mariam and i am looking for honest partner if you are interesting please just mail me back through my email address ([email protected] )so we can know each other and from there i will send my picture to you thanks and have a nice day!
    Mariam.