Snap Fitnesscontract lies

On 1/16/11 I joined Snap Fitness online, and was told that I would receive a call from my local club soon. I received a call on 1/19/11 and signed all of the paper work on 1/20/11. I was told when I signed the papers that I would have until midnight on the 3rd business day to cancel my membership, and receive a full refund. I tried the gym out twice. Both times it was extremely hot and crowded in there, and once I was almost thrown across the room when the treadmill went from 4.5 to 25 in the matter of a second! I have belonged to gyms for years and I have NEVER had a treadmill do that! So, on the evening of the 3rd business day I emailed the owner, and said that I wanted to cancel my membership. His return email to me was curt, but he said that he did cancel my membership, and gave me the name of the person to contact at the corporate office in MN about returning my key card...which I paid $20 for!
Of couse today I received a call from Daedra in corporate who said that I would not be receiving a refund because I did not cancel within 3 business days of signing up online...NOT what I was told when I signed all of the paperwork in person, and NOT what that paperwork states! She did receive my key card back; however, I was told that I would not even receive the $20 that I paid for the card. So, why did I return it?
I tried to dispute the charges through Bank of America, but they were no help. Needless to say that card just went through the shredder! They gave me the line that I had 3 days from the online submission, and that I would not receive a refund for the enrollment charge, the key card, or the club fee...which I should have been refunded at least the club fee because according to their paper work I cancelled within the 3 business day. However, in their world they count Sat and Sunday as business days because they are open 24/7. Just more ways to come up with reasons to stick it to the consumer.
I have never had a company treat me like this. Instead of being concerned that I did not like their facility, and that I will bad mouth them too as many people as I possibly can, they choose to not resolve this with me. I could see if I used the gym for weeks, but we are talking about twice. I hope that people read this, and decide to stay far, far away from all Snap Fitnesses.

• Ju
    Just Sayin' Nov 18, 2011

If no one is staffing the Snap on a Sat or Sunday, then I don't see how they can count that as the 3 days for a refund.
    Also, since Snaps are all locally owned, there probably should not be on-line enrollment. Snap corporate should address this...if they are even aware of this website.