Sky TVshocking service

K

I connected to Sky when I moved into a new property back in March of this year , I was delighted that your engineer could be out to install the facility in a very short space of time , this completed I had good service for 2 days! I now have the error message " no satellite signal being received " .

I live on a tree lined street is the excuse I have been given now on a number of occasions , I have written 2 letters and made a variety of phone calls trawling my way through various automated options and waiting disgraceful lengths of time to speak to someone that on 3 out of the 7 occasions I have tried to call you I gave up after 40 minutes.

I have cancelled my direct debit in the hope that by withholding payment I can eventually get someone to listen and action my complaint as follows in brief:

Shortly after instillation I called and spoke to a lady on the technical helpdesk as I was experiencing the online error message " no satellite signal being received " she kindly ran through a variety of tests and established that it must be a fault with either the dish or the box so she arranged for an engineer to call the following Monday offering me a morning or afternoon appointment , I accepted the morning appointment and arranged to take the time from work , the guy called me 1st thing in the morning and gave me a time of expected arrival , very nice chap but it turned out that he was not a heights engineer meaning that he would need to re-book the appointment with the heights team , he did this while having the team on loudspeaker and again I was offered a morning or afternoon appointment for the forthcoming Friday , I took the afternoon appointment meaning that again I would need to take time off work.

Friday arrives , I go to work in the morning and leave work @ 11.15 to allow me to be home for 12.00 only to discover that your engineer for some reason had not kept to his appointment and in fact he came in the morning and I was unable to book another appointment for over 1 week.

Third time lucky you would think , unfortunately not , 2 guys arrive and without even removing the ladder from the van tell me that unfortunately there is no point as I live on a tree lined street and the Sky should have never been installed , leaving abruptly and heading to the pie shop across the road to buy their lunch.

Fourth time lucky I was hoping and I contact you and again you arrange another heights engineer to call , this guy however does get on the roof and does heighten the dish but advised that if it gets windy its likely to slip down, this aside I do receive a great reception for all of 8 days and now I am left with almost nothing , I can not even watch the terrestrial channels without interruption so I list some of the channels I can not view :

Channel 4 , Sky 2 , Sky 3 , UkGold , UkGold +1 ,UkGold 2 , Living TV , Living TV + 1 , Living TV 2 , Bravo , Bravo +1 , Challange , Challange + 1 , Para Comedy 1 , Para Comedy + 1 , Para Comedy 2 , Si-Fi , Si-Fi + 1 , Uk Drama , Uk Drama + 1 , Life 24 , Zone Reality , E Entertainment , FX Channels and UK Style

The list could go on and on so I am sure you can see why I would be unhappy , I call and I am told that its the weather or the trees , I ask to speak to a manager and never get a callback and this is the second letter I have wrote and to date all of my concerns have had no response.

Overall I'm not looking for financial compensation all I want is to enjoy the subscription I wanted , I don't want to go to Virgin Media I really do want to stay with Sky but to be honest I have to ask myself with all this going would a move to Virgin Media really be all that bad ? I mean is Sky 1 and a few minor channels really worth all this hassle? I have always enjoyed Sky in that past and up until moving into this property have enjoyed Sky + something I really would have liked to enjoy with my current subscription but I don't feel that the £99.00 to upgrade when I cant even get the channels would be a waste of time and money!

• St
    Stephen S. Jul 22, 2007

I ordered Sky TV as a new service over two weeks ago. Spectrum, the installer was supposed to come today (July 21, 2017). Lo and behold, Sky never sent the viewing card ahead of time, so the appointment with Spectrum's engineer was canceled when Spectrum called to firm up the installation. I work weekdays (as do most people -- something that should not be lost on Sky) and am usually away from home most Saturdays. I had to move heaven and earth to be around today. I tried to call Sky to get to the bottom of this, to absolutely no avail and only after an excruciatingly long wait. Spectrum was a lot more helpful, but could only tell me that Sky had sent out a card, but as the card had already been activated, it could only be that it was sent to the wrong address! This is very disappointing. I won't be around on a Saturday for another three months!!!

Still, on the bright side, this should give Sky plenty of time to screw up again and again, until they send the card to the right address. The quality of Sky TV's customer service is pathetic -- but, based on my experience elsewhere, seems generally in line with how things are done in the UK anyway. If Sky did not have monopoly over satellite broadcasting, things would be a whole lot better. ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

• Cl
    claire Inskip Jul 03, 2008

This is my encounter of Sky..and a letter to the markeing manager

To the attention of Mark Anderson

Please could you contact us ASAP due to an arrangement which was made on the 12th June 2017.

A sub contractor turned up at the house 9am this morning but the time slot that was issued was 02/07/2017PM.

I had made arrangements to be available at my property from 12pm as stated. I then received a call from my partner who had not long finished nights explaining that one of your contractors turned up early due tohaving cancellations, My partner explained that the slot was between 12-5 so would it be possible for him to return then.
    The contractor then said "if he was finished by 12 Mr beale would have to arrange another time slot on an alernative day, our feeling is that he wanted to finish asap...

I have now contacted Sky on two occasions today and now being the time of 13.55 don't feel that my job will be carried out as planned by yourself confirmed on the letter dated the 12th June 2017.

I am very disappointed with A) the way I have been spoken to on the 1st call by a lady called Elizebeth and B) Told by Christine that I would received a call directly by one of the subcontractors.

Due to the manner of the sub contractor this morning I have made a reqest that they send a different engineer.

Regards

Mr D Beale

claire inskip

• Ed
    eddie hirst Jul 24, 2008

well were do i begin i have been a sky subscriber for a long time now and as a full packege deal this year has been one nightmere after anoughther early this year my system crashed and i lost all the invomation on said system on contacting sky i was told the usearel to unplug system then reset it after a couple of attempts they finaly said that they will send an enginer out who couldnt make it for a week when he arrived he took one look and said its the trees (what a surprize) he then proceeded to change my box it work for a couple of weeks then started playing up again so i contacted them again and it was the usual ruteen unplug it and reset it this would work for a few days or weeks if i was lucky ive lost count of the times ive phoned them today was the last straw my sky system has got wourse and just turns it self of now and stops any recordings so today i phoned sky and told them again it was unplug system and reconect it this had no effect so they told me that they would download softwear so i did this the system work for a couple of hours but since then nothing most of my chanels are saying fault and then the system is tuning itself off even more what is sky playing at they should be running the country as they are better at ripping there customers off without getting cought

• Ka
    karen mohan Aug 15, 2008

we have bin treat awful and you disconnect us and turn off our phone, we have bin in touch with you over and over again and you have done nothing we are very angry at this we owe 48pound thats all one member of staff says hell put it on next bill and then you cut me off im angry at this and now you have restrickted my house phone this is disgusting treatment and all for 48quid we xplained it was because mr jordan smith has new job and gets paid on 19th aug we are a very angry family at this on behalf of smith family

Mrs N Kahlon Sep 16, 2008

my broadband is not woking i will cll so many times on your service no. bt no body give me any reponse i will pay all money togeher for all year please solve my problem.

• Mj
    M.J.Brown Oct 06, 2008

I have been trying to speak to someone at Sky customer services now for several days.I phone the number, am put on hold and told that someone will answer within 12 minutes. After 7minutes I have been cut off and the phone goes dead this has now happened on two occasions today. Will someone from Sky please ring me so that I can speak to them about my enquiry? last month my phone bill showed a £4.61 payment for trying to contact you and I can now assume that a further fee will be payable on my next bill. My telephone number is :-[protected]. Thank you .

mr g ironman Oct 30, 2008

I SIGN UP FOR SKY IN THE 2 WEEK IN OCT AND GOT A DATE FOR THE 27/10/08, HAD A DAY OFF WORK, STOP TOP UP TV. I ASK FOR A SPECIAL HEIGHTS TEAM WHICH WAS PUT ON THE CHECKLIST
    ON THE DAY A FITTER PHONE AROUND 3PM HE SAID HE WAS NOT A SPECIAL HEIGHTS TEAM AND TOLD ME TO RING CUSTOMER SERVICES. AFTER 4 CALLS TO THEM I WAS TOLD MY SKY IS TO BE INSTALLED ON THE 18/11 08 I HAVE LOST MONEY HAVE VERY LITTEL TV
    IN THE SKY BOOK I WAS GIVEN
    SKY BELIEVE IN BETTER
    INSTALLATION
    ITS EASY.OUR PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER BRINGS YOUR SKY EQUIPMENT ON THE DAY THAT SUITS YOU
    WHAT A JOKE A VERY BIG JOKE
    THEY SAY SKY IS BETTER THAN VIRGIN, BT, ETC WHAT ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC
    ALL I WANT IS SKY TO RING ME AND SAY THEY ARE SORRY AND THEY WILL FIT ME IN WITHIN THE NEXT DAY OR SO
    I NO SKY HD IS GOOD BUT YOU SHOULD ON PUT UP WITH ALL THIS SH T

mr g ironman Oct 30, 2008

by the my sky my phone no is [protected] incase you have lost it

• Sh
    sheila middleton Nov 02, 2008

I agree with all the other complaints
    Today we had sky h d installed, the engineer could not get out fast enough, and low and behold as soon as he left the whole system jammed.
    We tried and tried and tried to get help finally after half an hour of explaining what was wrong the sky person said he would get the engineer back to us to see what was wrong within the hour, we are sitting here with no tv now for 5 hours and still no comunication .
    I really think sky is rubbish and feel like cancelling the whole thing
    Sheila Middleton

• Va
    Valerie Colclough Nov 10, 2008

Two or three years or so ago we signed up with sky television. some weeks later we were telephoned in the evening by sky saying that our box was disconected from the phone line, we checked the phone line and found that the cable had been chewed through, we had the cable fed along under the floor boards, we live on a farm in a 16th century farmhouse, so are mice are not uncommon.

we fixed this problem by re-rooting the cable up and over the fireplace, which seemed fine for a while.,
    sometime later we recieved a simular call, saying that the box was again disconnected from the phone line, we checked and it appeared to be connected, so the caller took us through the on- screen promps which which did infact say that we were disconnected, and re-connected us, this happened a few times more, each time getting re-connected by the caller, we noticed that these disconections coincided with interuptions to our telephone line, when we first move here we had frequent power failures and trouble with the phone line.
    After a while we decided on a second box, as with two sons mad about their football,
    it seemed an obvious solution to save arguments about programme selection, the box was installed, and there was never a problem with it, but still from time to time we were getting calls from sky saying the orriginal box was disconected??
    growng tired of this problem we requestd an engineer, to come and check the box,
    because by now sky were charging us full rate for the second box, PLUS the extra £15 which the second box should have been charged at, .

dozens of calls went back and forth untill we were tearing our hair out, we were paying out over £100 per month, I rang and spoke to a person at sky, who was so rude, it was just as well I could not get down the phone line to him, in his codescending tone he said "well madam, if you will insist on flaunting the regulations". we were not doing anthing wrong, why would we?, evetually a servce engineer did call and said that the reason for the problems was that the box had never been set up properly, we assumed that he would report back to sky and the problem would be solved, ! not a chance the engineer also told us that he would be calling back with a new box but never came, the double charging went on, and we had to say to our sons that we could no-longer go paying double plus and that we would have to cancell Sky, we managed to speak to someone who seemed to be in charge and came to an arrangement, they were not prepared to refund any of the overpayment but asid they would give us a month free, first month fine, single payment then we were chargeed double again, at which point I cancelled the direct debit imedietly, and contacted sky and told them what, and why I done it, they said oh sorry it was a mistake, but we had had enough, from that time we were threatened weekly by debt collectors, letters, and saying they were going to call to the house, . and threatened with court, which I would have welcomed, I would have loved for a court to see what sky had been putting us through, after about a year of various threats we heard no more, .

We have been without sky for a long time time now, about two years, but this means I cant follow the tennis, which I love, and my sons have to watch football at someone elses house, plus all the other programmes tha t you cant recieve on top-up tv, we recently contacted a sky adviser to see about re-instating sky, but we met with yet another rude individual, " but you owe us money, " !!! we owe them money? unfortunately my husband lost it, and put the phone, .

I would love to find someone at sky who would be prepared to talk to us about his problem, but you cannot get past these pe-programmed people on the phone lines, who dont seem to have the authority to make any kind of decisions on these kind of of problems, and wont /cant pass you over to anyone else who can. This is a very shortened version of the entire episode, but I would love to have sky to be able to follow the sport, . your sincerely V Colclough

mr altaf ahmed Nov 21, 2008

i had sky contract for a year, now i am on sky free view channels.problem started when my next door neighbour's hand installation on 21/11/08.
    now the engineer came to install next door what he done is he used my dish rather then there own dish (neighbours)which was already there without asking me engineer connect the next door wire put the second wire in my dish. when i tern on my TV i had no signals. went outside to see my dish got surprise spoke to next door neighbours argued they was not aware too. i phoned sky for complaint after 20min hold on (5p) a minute call they transfer me in three different departments and at end they said because i am not on monthly subscription they cant help me . THE WORSE PART IS.
    took contact details from neighbours of the engineer who installed i ask him why he used my dish to give connection to next door.
    believe me he was so rude and disrespected at the end he said he will come when he is free.
    THE QUESTION IS WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR TELEPHONE CALLS TO SKY? WHY CAN'T I WATCH MY TV?
    BECAUSE OF SKY OWN ENGINEER STUPID FAULT .
    YOUR SINCERELY ALTAF.

• Ra
    raymond reidy Dec 31, 2008

i phoned up skyon 17/12/08 to have sky installed in my sons house for an xmas gift for him and his g/friend they got a date for 23/12/08 . great just intime for xmas. the fitter was to be there between 8am and 5pm . he turns up at6pm goes to there door in the pitch dark and says (sorry im late but i cant fit it anyway it needs a heights two man team) will have to be rescheduled. so we call up sky thinking they will be back next morning . no chance we are told next early date is the 5th of january. so we cancelled. i then phoned up 10mins later rebooked as a new customer got another date for 30th on dec great i said . i told the chap that he would have to send a special heights team as the dish would have to go up top of house . he took note of this and told me its been logged.so they turn up today 1st thing to install. what happens they send one guy on his own who says oh cant do it its to high for one man . u will have to get another date. these people really boil me up . call themselfs profesionals my ###. its about time these complaints went on watchdog.to me sky should be classed the same as tradesmen from hell

• Ih
    I_HATE_SKY_TV Oct 19, 2009

Signed up for Sky TV, talk and broadband for a set price of £36.25 per month. Over a month after installing the TV, the contractor, TELAER in Leeds have told me broadband Base is 'no longer available', and I will now need to pay an extra £17.50 per month, but reduced to £10 a month as a goodwill gesture.

I have called both Sky and TELAER, but all they seem interested in is selling more products and services than solving customers problems. TELAER never told me there would be a problem with broadband in my area. I have never had Sky TV before, but this month has been a whole host of problems and terrible customer service experiences.

AVOID SKY AT ALL COSTS!!! they will overcharge you, lie about what they are providing to you and they will not give you a chance to get your money back if things go wrong!!! I HATE THEM!

• Ms
    Ms Heather Robinson May 02, 2011

I agree that sky is absolute rubbish. Before I moved back to Milton Keynes I had no problem whatsoever. But now I cannot watch any of my sky channels at all, if I do manage to get a channel there is a lot of, there is no signal being recieved. What they did not tell me was that because this satellite dish (which supplies about 8 other houses) was near trees I would have a problem. I will give them their do they did come out and change the box within 24 hours. But it is still rubbish, I am thinking of going for legal action to see about stopping my subscription as my contract does not run out for another 6 months. Why should I pay for something I am not getting.