Signet Financial GroupCar Warranty Refund Yet to be Honored

C

Like several others on this sight, Signet Financial has not refunded my warranty as agreed. Even though I was told I would be receiving it MONTHS AGO! They put your off, claim the check was lost in the mail, send messages to accounting and never get back to you, etc. From what I gather, I'm not the only person they do this to, and it's probably their way of delaying payment. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and they ignored that as well. Next is the State of California Department of Insurance. If anyone can tell me what it took to get your refund I am all ears.

Angry Michigan lady Aug 10, 2011

I don't care if times were hard for them or not!!! If they went bankrupt then obviously they took or spent OUR MONEY and we are all intitled to what we paid!!! I will do whatever it takes to get my $2, 500 and I hope you will too!!!

• Yo
    YOA Apr 16, 2011

Because they are CA based you need to file complaints with the CA Insurance Commissioner and the CA Attorney General. You can do this online. The CA Secretary of State website show Signet's business still active and represented by James C, Kuppenbender law firm out of Sacramento, CA. We were told that their secondary insurance was Hanover Re and not to expect anything in return.

• Ti
    TickRancher Apr 16, 2011

Of course you could always call the president, Gregg Lehman at his home in Winters, CA: [protected] and see what he has to say about it. Read around the web and you'll see that the last batch of checks he sent out bounced. These guys are smart enough to drain the corporation dry and leave nothing to pick over.

I have no contact with this other than being a victim. I look at it this way: I paid $1560 for a 5 year extended warranty. I got 5 years of extended warranty protection. None of my other insurance policies give me money back if I don't use them.

Did the dealer's promise of a refund cause me to buy something I wouldn't have otherwise? Probably. I'm just as mad at myself as I am at my dealer (out of business) as I am at Signet (out of business). It was an expensive lesson.

I suspect that Signet had a reasonable business plan. They could count on x% of vehicle owners selling before the extended warranty was up. They could count on y% of cars needing service under the warranty. They only had to collect enough from the dealers to cover the small percentage of people who actually file a refund claim, and enough more to make a tidy profit.

Unfortunately, they got bit by the same financial collapse that shook all of the rest of us. People quit buying new cars, and if they did, they didn't buy warranties because all of the consumer advice told them not to. Cars are getting a lot more reliable, and fewer of them needed warranty repairs. People were in a financial bind, and were MORE likely to file a refund claim. At some point, the money to pay for refunds runs out. I'm sure Gregg saw it coming, and sucked the maximum amount out of the corporation while the checks were still good.

A reputable organization would have purchased some type of secondary insurance to cover payments, but Signet did not or could not. This may be what the California AG will use to go after Gregg. In any case, if we get anything, it will be pennies. Maybe a T-shirt or a coupon good for $25 off our next extended warranty.

Bottom line: you paid for extended warranty, you got extended warranty. Gregg isn't losing any sleep. Neither should you.

• Ta
    tahoe4pack Apr 15, 2011

Tick, I'm not interested in hurting his feelings, but more interested in ruining him and any future scams he's planning in the eyes of his 93 " friends" and friends of friends. How do know about of his finances and there not being any money left ?

• Ti
    TickRancher Apr 15, 2011

The company is out of business, and there is no money left. I'm sure Mr. Gregg was smart enough to hide his personal fortune from any actions against Signet. Rip him a new one on Facebook; I'm sure that will hurt his feelings...

• Ms
    MsDiamante Apr 14, 2011

Hi, I am going through this as well. I have sent multiple letters requesting refund and it seems as of April 5, 2011. they have gone under. I am losing $1825 behind this. If anyone has any information or is interested in pursuing this together please contact me at [email protected] I am disgusted.

• Ta
    tahoe4pack Apr 03, 2011

Same story here! Was told check would be mailed about a month ago and nothing. Thanks for posting this losers e-mail and phone number. Called my auto dealership and they have had over 20 calls in just a couple of days about this and have their "legal department" on it. Trying to get Gregg to be my friend on facebook and rip him a new one!! He lives in Vacaville, CA I believe.

• St
    steelbluesand Apr 03, 2011

Same here. I am unable to get a hold of them.

• Co
    concernedguy Apr 02, 2011

I still haven't been able to get in contact with anyone so I will now assume they have scammed me out of my $2000. I believe it is now time we act together, contact as many consumer agencies as possible and think about a class action suit. By the way, it looks like a news channel out of New York did a piece on this scam company in August of 2010. Maybe if we contact that news agency or (any others in our area) it will put more heat on these bums.

Cindiwa Mar 30, 2011

Oh no! I did finally get my refund on the 22nd of March. I had to e-mail the President of the company to finally get a response. It was even sent certified mail. Unfortunately I don't know who to contact now if the company has gone out of business. Maybe any other party mentioned on your agreement. Good Luck.

• Im
    im2cre8iv Mar 30, 2011

Their website says they are under construction and their phone always says they are closed... did they go out of business? I will be pissed since my warranty ended in January and I'm still fighting for the refund. If they did indeed go out of business does anyone know of a way we can get the money that is owed?

Cindiwa Mar 17, 2011

I e-mailed him, and he called me within 30 minutes. Of course, saying that two checks have been sent so he would have to make sure the second had not cleared. What a joke. Same story everyone else gets. He did say the next check would be sent certified. We shall see.

• Be
    berdy Mar 16, 2011

I just posted a complaint as well. It's been six months and very frustrating. I just put up my complaint as well as with the BBB. What a joke this comapany is. Thanks for Gregs phone extension and email. I think I'll give him a ring.

Cindiwa Mar 16, 2011

Thanks!!! I will!

• Ke
    kedlund Mar 16, 2011

The president of the company is Gregg Lehman, his email address is [email protected] - phone number is [protected] Ext 102.

Keep on it, fill up the email box until you get your money. Leave messages every day you can.

Cindiwa Mar 16, 2011

What e-mail address did you use? Do you have anything better than the [email protected] email?

• Ke
    kedlund Mar 16, 2011

You need to keep on them, almost every day. I called, emailed and sent letters every week for 11 months and then I finally got my money. Their whole business is set up on the fact that some people will eventually give up and then they get to keep the money. Keep at it!