Menu

Shoppers Drug Mart  -  Pharmacy issues

S
Author of the complaint
4:17 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Thursday, May 12, I asked the Pharmacy at Shoppers Drug Mart at 8965 Chinguacousy Road in Brampton, Ontario to fax in a request to my doctor for two prescription refills. I was told by the drugstore that it should be ready for pick up on Saturday, May 14. I went to the drugstore on Tuesday, May 17, 3 days after the prescription was supposed to be ready.

When I got there, I was told they hadn't yet filled it but it would be ready in 10 minutes. I waited more than half an hour before they called me to the counter only to be told that they could fill only one of the prescriptions because they had to order the other one and that would be ready the next day, Wednesday, May 18.

I asked the attendant if I could have it delivered as it was inconvenient for me to make another trip. Only to be told if I wanted it delivered, I would have to pay a fee. I could not believe what I was hearing. They were negligent and delinquent on all counts. The doctor held up her end and sent in the request on time. I gave them 3 extra days to get it ready. Yet they wanted me to make an additional trip to get this prescription completed and if not, pay a fee. Why should I pay a penalty because of their carelessness and don't-care attitude towards their work? I was not even offered an apology.

These are caregivers. They are supposed to take care of people especially the vulnerable. These workers have clearly demonstrated they don't give a damn. I might add this is not my first such experience with this particular branch of Shoppers.

This is most definitely not customer service. I don't know what it is but it's not customer service and something needs to be done about the sub-standard service at this drug store. It is most unacceptable.

0 comments