ScribdUnauthorized billing to my credit card for over 2 years.

B Sep 04, 2020 Review updated:

Today, September 4th, 2020, I looked at my visa bill and noticed a payment I didn't recognize. A $8.99 USD charge from "Scribd Inc 415-2336230 CA" on August 27th, 2020.

I went through my billing statements, and I have been billed monthly starting July 24th 2018 for a total of 26 charges. This adds up to more than $300 CAD.

I never subscribed to this service. I checked all my regular email addresses and I have never received any mail from them. Before today I had never even heard of Scribd. I don't have an account through Facebook or Google.

What really confuses me is that I received a charge last month. I got a new card last month, and with the new number, the charges should have stopped. I have no idea how they got my new credit card number.

I want a full refund of all charges.

I can provide credit card statements for every affected month. I would contact Scribd directly, but I their Contact Us page is devoid of any email or phone number.

RESOLVED

• Scribd's response · Sep 10, 2020

Hi there, we're sorry for any confusion. Just to clarify, Scribd does not "sign up" or "start subscriptions" for our users without their consent. In order for someone to have an active subscription with us, the only way to do so would be for them to sign up when creating an account, or restart/renew their membership from their Account Settings page.

With that being said, we are more than happy to help with a cancellation and refund and ensure that you aren't billed further. If you haven't already, please submit a ticket through this link and a specialist will follow up with you ASAP: https://scr.bi/assist

• Re
    ret. Col HooterF22 ⭐⭐⭐ Oct 09, 2020

Same issue — at a minimum, provide a phone number so we can resolve these issues. the number provided on the bank charge only directs one to the website.