Scribd — unauthorised payments taken out of my account
I have received the following message about a subscription payment taken out.
The errors are as follows:
1. I have no recollection of ever having subscribed and have not used scribd.
2. I keep good records of accounts as I am the IT tech officer for 2 companies and a school. I have a document with 67 various logins and passwords for all the accounts I manage, I am fastidious about this - although a mistake is possible.
3. The money has not been taken out of my account, but my wifes, although the email is sent to my address.
4. The account used to deduct money has not been used online for more than 5 years.
Please provide a full refund and cancel any accounts in our name. I have cancelled the recurring payment in paypal.
Here is the full text of the email:
You sent an automatic payment
Dear Julie Sims,
You sent an automatic payment to Scribd. Here are the details:
From Amount: $12.01 AUD
To Amount: $8.99 USD
Exchange Rate: 1 AUD = 0.749090 USD
Payment for: 1 month Free Trial to Recurring Monthly Membership ($8.99/month after free trial ends)
Customer service URL: http://www.scribd.com
Customer service email: [protected]@scribd.com
Customer service phone: [protected]
Automatic payment details
Automatic payment number: I-WUCLJ7GB5HP0
Amount to be paid each time: $8.99 USD
Billing cycle: Monthly
Payments start: 11 Oct 2017
Payment method: National Australia Bank Cheque (Confirmed) x-9830
Next payment detail
Next payment due: 11 Nov 2017
Trial period amount: $0.00 USD
Billing cycle: 30 Days
Start date: 11 Sep 2017
End date: 11 Oct 2017
To update or cancel your agreement with Scribd, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile and click My Money. Your agreement is in My Pre-approved Payments.
More Scribd Complaints & Reviews
- Scribd - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Scribd Inc San Francisco CA - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Scribd - regarding scribd free trial subscription 
- Scribd.com - charged unknowingly for free trial 
- Scribd - unauthorized credit card debits 
- Scribd - scribd debited 10.66$ without any reason, permission 
- Scribd - scribd forcing your company into my private space, requesting my personal info without any request whatsoever from my side
- Scribd - scribd has become a joke! 
- Scribd - I am complaining about the charges taken for my monthly subscription.
- Scribd - charging without authorization