Savings2Gounauthorized credit card charge

R

My chase credit card statement showed 3 transactions (dated 12jan, 12feb and 12feb) in the amount of $14.95 each month. Total $44.85.

I did not ask for this service.in fact, I have never heard of it prior to noticing it on my statement. A bit worried how they got my credit card number.

This is the second time in the past year this has happened to me.

Please advise,

Robert daniels
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

• Bo
    bobbyknight Jan 01, 2009

I found a $14.95 withdrawal from my checking acct#, I will have to try and block future withdrawings thanks. bobby

• St
    Steve Matson Jan 07, 2009

This company has been taking money out of my bank account since 10-17-07 and I have never authorized any of this to take affect. The amount is 14.95 which adds up to be 224.25 and they said they would refund all of it since I never signed up with them and never heard of this company before.

• Ra
    Ramona Page Jan 21, 2009

This company (Savings2go) has removed 14.95 from my checking account without my authorization...What kind of company is this? Ramona January 21, 2009

• Ta
    Tammy Ozelski Jan 26, 2009

A charge of $14.95 was withdrawn from my debit account without permission from Savings2go.com on 1/20/09

• Te
    Terrie A. Jan 30, 2009

I just noticed money from checking acct. missing for the amount of $ 14.95 by a company named Savings2Go. I've never heard of this company, and never authorized them to anything, anyway! This is not legal and I hope they are caught!
    Terrie

• Vi
    Vivian Ritter Feb 02, 2009

Like so many others, my 92 year old mother received charges on her credit card from Savings 2 Go, Plan Plus, EZ Saver, and American Leisure, all the same company I believe. When I spoke with someone at the 800 number, I was told that my mother had enrolled in a service to receive coupons for discounts to resorts, hotels, restaurants. She never received anything in the mail, had never spoken with anyone about such a service, and at 92, has no intention of using such a service! I believe that this is a bogus company that first charges your credit card or bank account for $1, waits to see if anyone complains, then begins monthly charges for $14.95-$16.95. The company was able to obtain her credit card number somehow, we believe it was when she ordered vitamins. Beware that you are dealing with legitimate companies when you give someone your credit card number. And be diligent when looking at your monthly statements. I think more and more companies are trying this scam of small monthly charges, hoping they will go unnoticed.

• Ju
    Judy Kepiro Feb 03, 2009

My elderly mother and I have a joint checking account and I just found out that $12.95 has been fraudulently been withdrawn for this account for several months. I have our bank checking further to determine how long this has been going on. Our bank did some preliminary investigating and found that Savings2Go is the culprit. They just informed me this evening and I will be stopping in our local branch tomorrow to stop any further withdrawals. Judging from the complaints that I have reviewed, this is not the first time this organization has fraudulently scammed innocent folks. To add insult to injury,
    my Mom passed away in December and I'm trying to get her affairs in order and try to put some closure to the financial end of her affairs. It doesn't matter how much they took, it was taken without knowledge on our end.

Thank you for allowing me to vent and at the same time lodge a complaint.

• Da
    dar Feb 09, 2009

yes they just charged my account 14.95 and i don't even know this company and there is this another one LEISUREPLUS, both charging me 14.95. I called them and told me that they will refund my money and they cancelled my membership effective this day (feb 8 2009). They better give my money back!!

• St
    Stafphil Feb 10, 2009

I checked my account today and notice like the others that my account had been charged 14.95. I called the number that was mentioned in one of the above complaints and was given the option of cancelling my membership, and then it said my money would be refunded. I don't remember signing up for anything except the wounder haggers so I hope they do refund my money sence I have already paid for the hangers.

• Ta
    tayrayred Feb 18, 2009

i didn't request anything from savings2go and this morning got up and found a charge of $14.95 taken off my card. I had thrown the card out, and now i can't find the website or phone number, to cancel something i didn't order and request a refund of my money.

patricia gardocki Feb 22, 2009

whomn ever took 14.95 out of my checking account with out my permission. please put the money back into my account asp. thank you my e-mail is [protected]@aol.com

jane king Mar 02, 2009

14.95 was charged to my credit card without my permission?? How di they get my number?? Savings2go 3/1/09 (happened 2/17)

• Fa
    fapcb Mar 04, 2009

I received a charge for 14.95 on my credit card I never authorized this. I called the company and they wanted my home address and phone number which I would not give them. I did have to give them my name and they said they would reverse the transaction within 72 hours. I also called my bank and they said if it was not reversed in 72 hours to called them again and they would do it. They said they have heard of this company before. I then looked up their site and saw a lot of complaints. Is there nothing that anyone can do to stop these people. they are ripping off alot of people.

• Jp
    JP Layton Mar 07, 2009

A charge of 14.95 was withdrawn from my green dot card without my permission on 3/5/09. This isn't the only scam. Watch out for Wonder Hangers ( as seen on T.V.) J.P. Layton

• Ad
    A. DIllon Mar 14, 2009

DITTO...have been faithfully sending ingas receipts since June 2008. I get an email acknowlegement
    telling me I have met their requirements and no further action needed on my part.
    BUT, I still have not received any redemption coupons. Last month, the
    envelope was returned to me so I gues I have been snookered...
    Same with airline tickets promised for air travel.
    Buyer beware !

• Ru
    RUDY Mar 17, 2009

Found a unauthorized withdraw from my checking account done by this company. I have never heard of them. have contacted my bank to secure information on the transaction

• Je
    jenabeca Mar 18, 2009

You actually did authorize it, through ordering something from an infomercial...we got hit when we ordered a shamwow, other people for wonderhangers, etc. go back to the website where you ordered it and read the fine print at the bottom. it'll clear everything up for you.

Samantha Mar 22, 2009

The same charge appeared on my account too and I never registered to join this club. Have no idea how they send me a card and withdrawn my money of 14.95? This happened on 3/22/90 I think, but I don't see how they could have done this.

• Ti
    Tina Mar 27, 2009

have you ordered a shamwow online? my husband did..then all of sudden these charges came from savings2go..I was not impressed...I did call them and got a total refund, I called shamwow first then savings2go... good luck!

• De
    DEE MCCOY Apr 15, 2009

i want this to be totaly cancelled and my name and all other info. took off all your books and dont send me any thing on this, i did not order this program and i want refunded the 14.95 to my account and if it comes up again it will get turned down. NO EXPECTIONS DONE BY 4/16/09 AT NOON .
    Dee McCoy ([protected])

• Be
    Becky Apr 19, 2009

Savings2go and Leisure plus have been taking $14.95 each from my checking account for the last 3 months that I know of. I will be contacting my bank to see prior months. I have no idea who these companies are, and I have not signed up for any $14.95 a month charges to my account.

• Ph
    philly Apr 20, 2009

The very same thing happened to me. I was given a contact number through my bank. I called the number spoke with an individual. Requested documentation proving I authorized the withdrawal. I was told they can not supply me with that information. I was also told I recently made a purchase through one of their partners, but they could not disclose that information to me. The last request was to acquire Savings2Go corporate number to try and get to the bottom. I was told she did not konw the corporate number, but would cancel my membership. Most companies would ask that you put it in writing to cancel a membership or subscription. I later received a voicemail indicating they would credit my account. If this were on the up and up there would have been more of a debate to credit funds to my account. Meaning they would have gladly said I have proof that you authorized the transaction(s).

What was your outcome, where you able to get this resolve. If so, what steps did you take to resolve?

yourSavings2go May 11, 2009

This multi-million dollar company has a RASH of complaints across the internet - they are ripping people off, are big enough to not take any notice of complaints and continue this marketing methodolgy.

yourSavings2go May 11, 2009

The ShamWow website (wonderhangers and others) . If you note the VERY fine print at the bottom of the order page (relating to a $10 discount offer), it reads as follows:

“You’ll receive your membership welcome e-mail (from saving2go) within 3 days and can, at that time, access your benefits, including your $10 Cash Back. Your discounts are free for the next 30 days, plus all the valuable benefits of Savings2Go. If you are satisfied during your trial, do nothing. All your Saving2GO discounts and benefits will automatically continue for just $14.95 a month. Savings2Go benefits may be enhanced or modified at any time without prior notice. If at any time you are not completely satisfied during your trial or thereafter, simply call Savings2Go at [protected] to let us know you wish to cancel and you’ll owe nothing more. All your benefits and access will then be canceled immediately. All the money you save and the $10 Cash Back are yours to keep!”

The catch—and it’s a big one—is that if you didn’t notice or simply randomly deleted the savings2go “membership welcome email” as trash or spam and didn’t immediately contact them to cancel your AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT, you will be billed each month in perpetuity for $14.95. They’ve already got your credit card number thanks to Sham Wow. They don’t need your approval or authorization. Your failure to affirmatively cancel your “free” membership is all it takes.

Not quite fraud but, clearly a VERY deceptive business practice. This is a classic example of what is referred to as the “automatic OPT-IN.” Absent your affirmative act to CANCEL and opt-out, you’re on the hook WITHOUT your consent or approval. Unfortunately, unlike legitimate websites, there is no option to decline this offer when you place your Sham Wow order. You are automatically booked with savings2go, like it or not. If you fail to respond to their email and cancel within the 30-day trial period or even if you never received a “membership welcome email”, your card charges being as soon as the free trial period is over. You opted IN when you placed your Sham Wow order.

This is the DAllas BB info - complain

..And Im sure the CEO would like to hear about how her company got your credit info

Ms Marilyn Carp is listed here

If they were as concerned about their customers - as Melissa the PR girl would have it - They would have the card as OPT IN as may legitimate providers do - BUT as it's SO very rewarding to have people unaware of funds being taken from their bank accounts because of the OPT-OUT requirement.

I have read HUNDREDS if not thousands of these complaints and it is a shame that so many are from the Poor or Elderly

• Ey
    eythomas1231 May 27, 2009

I am tired of them STEALING MY MONEY!!! THEY ARE THIEFS. I am going to my prosecutor and press charges

• El
    elaine leirer May 30, 2009

I went on line this am and saw an advice that i had joined this organization that i had said no to on the phone this am. help...lilymaid

• Al
    Alex Jun 01, 2009

FYI I just canceled my account with them with no trouble. My wife had signed up and we couldn't find the membership card but by providing a last name & confirming the state and our zip code, they gave me our member # etc and canceled me with no trouble. Apparently my wife signed up w/o providinga phone number which they request but do not require so they do have other ways to find your account. I have dealt with far worse companies than this when trying to cancel what turn out to be bogus or scam companies.
    Anyway their number is [protected].
    Good luck all

• Ci
    Cindy Peeples Jun 10, 2009

savings2go has been withdrawing 12.95 from my checking account for a long time now.I need to stop this withdrawal but I have no number to call these people.I have no idea what this company is.

• Bk
    B. Keller Jun 18, 2009

Here is their phone number: [protected]

Pamela Lukachek Jun 23, 2009

For 2 months on my Visa statement I have noticed an aotomatic withdrawal from savings2go and I did not authorize this!

Patricia Allen Jul 07, 2009

I have an unauthoized dibit been taken from my credit card.I never signed any contract allowing these people to take this money.I would be very greatful if you could solve this problem.

Patricia Allen

• Jikari Jul 07, 2009

Contact your card issuer, and dispute the charges. Also, file a fraud report.

• To
    topper90904 Jul 08, 2009

I never authorized this company to take out $12.95 out of my account. Yet, I find that they did for the amount I mentioned. After submitting this I'm getting a hold of my bank and rectify this ASAP!

• To
    topper90904 Jul 09, 2009

I called Savings2Go at their 800 number. I spoke with Jordon. I told him that I cancelled this service a couple of months ago because it came through a tele-marketing firm. I explained that I when I called back I told them I DID NOT want their services. He asked me if I wanted their free gas vouchers and free visits to theme parks and I told him that we don't own a car! I was told by Jordon that in three days from today; July 9th;
    the $12.95 would be back in my account. To pinpoint an actual day I asked did he mean the 12th of July and he said yes. I told him I reported his firm to this report and to the [redacted]. I also told him I expected the funds to be in my account on the 12th otherwise I would take further action.

• Fu
    Fuming Dove Jul 16, 2009

Same thing happened to me. Got charged with this without my permission. Credit card companies should be protecting their clients but instead they do nothing. One agent said " CAnt help you". this is really ridiculous. I am wondering maybe this credit card companies are part of the scam too.

• Lu
    Lucio Lopez Aug 04, 2009

Please, I need that somebody help me, this company is charging in my credit card $14.95 per month and I did not buy something.

• Dr
    DraZy Aug 04, 2009

Contact your bank and ensure they know that you did not place any orders for this product and they will conduct an investigation in which at the end of the investigation you may or may not get refunded for the amount depending on their findings. Hope this helps.

Mary Howell Aug 10, 2009

I do not want this program. You are taking 14.95 out of my checking account every month, 2 times now. I can't find a phone number or address for this program. It started when I order a steam cleaner. Please call me or do whatever it takes to stop this. My phone # is [protected]. Please call asap. It has caused a overdraft 2x in my checking account.

• Ju
    judith rollins Aug 12, 2009

This company has been taking $14.95 out of my personal bank account for months. I have not authorized this charge...