Savings2Gounauthorized credit card charge

R

My chase credit card statement showed 3 transactions (dated 12jan, 12feb and 12feb) in the amount of $14.95 each month. Total $44.85.

I did not ask for this service.in fact, I have never heard of it prior to noticing it on my statement. A bit worried how they got my credit card number.

This is the second time in the past year this has happened to me.

Please advise,

Robert daniels
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

• De
    DEAllen49 Apr 05, 2014

I got $14.95 taking out of my bank account and I have not bought anything online or received anything thru mail so I have no idea what these charges are for or what this place even is...

• Et
    ethos Aug 12, 2012

Cancel the card, call your customer service and refute the charges as fraud. write a cease and desist letter to that company CMRRR and demand a stop and your money back. Copy FTC and your state AG

JESSIEBRYANT Aug 12, 2012

I RECIEVED A MEMBERSHIP SERVICE AS OF JUNE 12 2012. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY OF THE SERVICES. IVE BEEN CALLING TRYING TO HAVE THIS RESOLVED AND I CAN NOT GET THROUGH TO ANYONE DUE TO IT BEING BUSY. NOW IM REALLY UPSET THAT THIS MONTH THEY TOOK OFF TWICE. TWO UNWANTED AMOUNTS OF 14.95. THIS HAS GOT TO BE RESOLVED ASAP

sandyl133 Aug 07, 2010

This company has been Pos debits from my bank account for months and i do not know what it is for i have not authorized any auto debits from my account.

jess2033 Jun 08, 2010

Just found out today That the damn Company savings 2 Go charged me twice 14.95 a peace to my credit card. I know for sure that i didn't sign anything. how can they get away with this and is there any way to get my money back.

Angel Garcia May 18, 2010

Savings2Go has been charging my credit card $14.95 per month for "some service/product" that I never requested. I just detected these charges in May 2010, but these charges go back to at least Dec-09.

• Pi
    Pink18 Apr 04, 2010

I have been through the same thing only with all three different plans same company(lesiure plus, savings2go & planplus). Just recently I looked over my checking acct statment and realized there was 3 different charges, one of $9.95, and two of $14.95 from Texas. My fiancé graduated from BMT in TX so I thought he had used my card on accident, but found out that was not the case! I called each one up seperatly, told them I NEVER signed up for this nor would I ever! They told me they would refund me 4mo. worth if any longer I had to write corprate! I am so appaled that they could do this at all! Hopefully everything will go accordingly but we'll see!

• Kw
    Kwok Wong Feb 28, 2010

I have never heard of this company, and they been charging my credit crad account $14.95 a month almost a year. Usually I have alot of charges every months, so I didnt check the details of my transcations, I only check the balance. So that's why I didnt know they been charging me almost a year.

• Da
    Dan Lipscomb Aug 20, 2009

if you contact the number listed in your back account statement that is associated with the unauthorized charges, they (savings2go) will work with you.

it happens that i was enrolled into their services when i placed an online order for something else, you have GOT to make sure you read EVERYTHING on the online invoice BEFORE you click "pay now", as i did not and there was a box already checked to enroll me, all i would have had to do was to UN-check it and this would not have happened.

the same thing happened to me at my bank with the bounced check scenario, and after i called Savings2Go, they refunded the 14.95 back to my account, and will be refunding the 30.00 once they receive the fax i will be sending them showing the unauthorized charge, and the following nsf fee that was a direct result of that unauthorized charge.

the statement you fax to them needs to include a running balance, showing how their removal of the 14.95 caused a shortage in your account that directly resulted in the return of a check that would have cleared had the 14.95 been in there.

as you can see from the attached photo, after i deposited 200 to my account, i wrote a check for 196, but because of the 14.95 unauthorized charge, it bounced, and the bounce was a dirtect result of their charge. you can also see where they have already refunded me the 14.95, and they will be refunding me the 30.00 fee once they receive the fax im going to send to them today showing them the same thing im showing you.

so all in all, there is hope.

• Bl
    Blackqween Aug 18, 2009

I was checking my bank statement and found a charge for $14.95 to Savings 2Go which i never authorized and I don't know anything about that company nor have I ever gone online to their site. I'm furious because I am on a strict budget and my over draft was charged for insufficient funds and I had to pay for that until I get to the bottom of this fraudulent identity stealing company.

• Ju
    judith rollins Aug 12, 2009

This company has been taking $14.95 out of my personal bank account for months. I have not authorized this charge...

Mary Howell Aug 10, 2009

I do not want this program. You are taking 14.95 out of my checking account every month, 2 times now. I can't find a phone number or address for this program. It started when I order a steam cleaner. Please call me or do whatever it takes to stop this. My phone # is [protected]. Please call asap. It has caused a overdraft 2x in my checking account.

• Dr
    DraZy Aug 04, 2009

Contact your bank and ensure they know that you did not place any orders for this product and they will conduct an investigation in which at the end of the investigation you may or may not get refunded for the amount depending on their findings. Hope this helps.

• Lu
    Lucio Lopez Aug 04, 2009

Please, I need that somebody help me, this company is charging in my credit card $14.95 per month and I did not buy something.

• Fu
    Fuming Dove Jul 16, 2009

Same thing happened to me. Got charged with this without my permission. Credit card companies should be protecting their clients but instead they do nothing. One agent said " CAnt help you". this is really ridiculous. I am wondering maybe this credit card companies are part of the scam too.

• To
    topper90904 Jul 09, 2009

I called Savings2Go at their 800 number. I spoke with Jordon. I told him that I cancelled this service a couple of months ago because it came through a tele-marketing firm. I explained that I when I called back I told them I DID NOT want their services. He asked me if I wanted their free gas vouchers and free visits to theme parks and I told him that we don't own a car! I was told by Jordon that in three days from today; July 9th;
    the $12.95 would be back in my account. To pinpoint an actual day I asked did he mean the 12th of July and he said yes. I told him I reported his firm to this report and to the [redacted]. I also told him I expected the funds to be in my account on the 12th otherwise I would take further action.

• To
    topper90904 Jul 08, 2009

I never authorized this company to take out $12.95 out of my account. Yet, I find that they did for the amount I mentioned. After submitting this I'm getting a hold of my bank and rectify this ASAP!

• Jikari Jul 07, 2009

Contact your card issuer, and dispute the charges. Also, file a fraud report.

Patricia Allen Jul 07, 2009

I have an unauthoized dibit been taken from my credit card.I never signed any contract allowing these people to take this money.I would be very greatful if you could solve this problem.

Patricia Allen

Pamela Lukachek Jun 23, 2009

For 2 months on my Visa statement I have noticed an aotomatic withdrawal from savings2go and I did not authorize this!

• Bk
    B. Keller Jun 18, 2009

Here is their phone number: [protected]

• Ci
    Cindy Peeples Jun 10, 2009

savings2go has been withdrawing 12.95 from my checking account for a long time now.I need to stop this withdrawal but I have no number to call these people.I have no idea what this company is.

• Al
    Alex Jun 01, 2009

FYI I just canceled my account with them with no trouble. My wife had signed up and we couldn't find the membership card but by providing a last name & confirming the state and our zip code, they gave me our member # etc and canceled me with no trouble. Apparently my wife signed up w/o providinga phone number which they request but do not require so they do have other ways to find your account. I have dealt with far worse companies than this when trying to cancel what turn out to be bogus or scam companies.
    Anyway their number is [protected].
    Good luck all

• El
    elaine leirer May 30, 2009

I went on line this am and saw an advice that i had joined this organization that i had said no to on the phone this am. help...lilymaid

• Ey
    eythomas1231 May 27, 2009

I am tired of them STEALING MY MONEY!!! THEY ARE THIEFS. I am going to my prosecutor and press charges

yourSavings2go May 11, 2009

The ShamWow website (wonderhangers and others) . If you note the VERY fine print at the bottom of the order page (relating to a $10 discount offer), it reads as follows:

“You’ll receive your membership welcome e-mail (from saving2go) within 3 days and can, at that time, access your benefits, including your $10 Cash Back. Your discounts are free for the next 30 days, plus all the valuable benefits of Savings2Go. If you are satisfied during your trial, do nothing. All your Saving2GO discounts and benefits will automatically continue for just $14.95 a month. Savings2Go benefits may be enhanced or modified at any time without prior notice. If at any time you are not completely satisfied during your trial or thereafter, simply call Savings2Go at [protected] to let us know you wish to cancel and you’ll owe nothing more. All your benefits and access will then be canceled immediately. All the money you save and the $10 Cash Back are yours to keep!”

The catch—and it’s a big one—is that if you didn’t notice or simply randomly deleted the savings2go “membership welcome email” as trash or spam and didn’t immediately contact them to cancel your AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT, you will be billed each month in perpetuity for $14.95. They’ve already got your credit card number thanks to Sham Wow. They don’t need your approval or authorization. Your failure to affirmatively cancel your “free” membership is all it takes.

Not quite fraud but, clearly a VERY deceptive business practice. This is a classic example of what is referred to as the “automatic OPT-IN.” Absent your affirmative act to CANCEL and opt-out, you’re on the hook WITHOUT your consent or approval. Unfortunately, unlike legitimate websites, there is no option to decline this offer when you place your Sham Wow order. You are automatically booked with savings2go, like it or not. If you fail to respond to their email and cancel within the 30-day trial period or even if you never received a “membership welcome email”, your card charges being as soon as the free trial period is over. You opted IN when you placed your Sham Wow order.

This is the DAllas BB info - complain

..And Im sure the CEO would like to hear about how her company got your credit info

Ms Marilyn Carp is listed here

If they were as concerned about their customers - as Melissa the PR girl would have it - They would have the card as OPT IN as may legitimate providers do - BUT as it's SO very rewarding to have people unaware of funds being taken from their bank accounts because of the OPT-OUT requirement.

I have read HUNDREDS if not thousands of these complaints and it is a shame that so many are from the Poor or Elderly

yourSavings2go May 11, 2009

This multi-million dollar company has a RASH of complaints across the internet - they are ripping people off, are big enough to not take any notice of complaints and continue this marketing methodolgy.

• Ph
    philly Apr 20, 2009

The very same thing happened to me. I was given a contact number through my bank. I called the number spoke with an individual. Requested documentation proving I authorized the withdrawal. I was told they can not supply me with that information. I was also told I recently made a purchase through one of their partners, but they could not disclose that information to me. The last request was to acquire Savings2Go corporate number to try and get to the bottom. I was told she did not konw the corporate number, but would cancel my membership. Most companies would ask that you put it in writing to cancel a membership or subscription. I later received a voicemail indicating they would credit my account. If this were on the up and up there would have been more of a debate to credit funds to my account. Meaning they would have gladly said I have proof that you authorized the transaction(s).

What was your outcome, where you able to get this resolve. If so, what steps did you take to resolve?

• Be
    Becky Apr 19, 2009

Savings2go and Leisure plus have been taking $14.95 each from my checking account for the last 3 months that I know of. I will be contacting my bank to see prior months. I have no idea who these companies are, and I have not signed up for any $14.95 a month charges to my account.

• De
    DEE MCCOY Apr 15, 2009

i want this to be totaly cancelled and my name and all other info. took off all your books and dont send me any thing on this, i did not order this program and i want refunded the 14.95 to my account and if it comes up again it will get turned down. NO EXPECTIONS DONE BY 4/16/09 AT NOON .
    Dee McCoy ([protected])

• Ti
    Tina Mar 27, 2009

have you ordered a shamwow online? my husband did..then all of sudden these charges came from savings2go..I was not impressed...I did call them and got a total refund, I called shamwow first then savings2go... good luck!

Samantha Mar 22, 2009

The same charge appeared on my account too and I never registered to join this club. Have no idea how they send me a card and withdrawn my money of 14.95? This happened on 3/22/90 I think, but I don't see how they could have done this.

jenabeca Mar 18, 2009

You actually did authorize it, through ordering something from an infomercial...we got hit when we ordered a shamwow, other people for wonderhangers, etc. go back to the website where you ordered it and read the fine print at the bottom. it'll clear everything up for you.

• Ru
    RUDY Mar 17, 2009

Found a unauthorized withdraw from my checking account done by this company. I have never heard of them. have contacted my bank to secure information on the transaction

• Ad
    A. DIllon Mar 14, 2009

DITTO...have been faithfully sending ingas receipts since June 2008. I get an email acknowlegement
    telling me I have met their requirements and no further action needed on my part.
    BUT, I still have not received any redemption coupons. Last month, the
    envelope was returned to me so I gues I have been snookered...
    Same with airline tickets promised for air travel.
    Buyer beware !

• Jp
    JP Layton Mar 07, 2009

A charge of 14.95 was withdrawn from my green dot card without my permission on 3/5/09. This isn't the only scam. Watch out for Wonder Hangers ( as seen on T.V.) J.P. Layton

• Fa
    fapcb Mar 04, 2009

I received a charge for 14.95 on my credit card I never authorized this. I called the company and they wanted my home address and phone number which I would not give them. I did have to give them my name and they said they would reverse the transaction within 72 hours. I also called my bank and they said if it was not reversed in 72 hours to called them again and they would do it. They said they have heard of this company before. I then looked up their site and saw a lot of complaints. Is there nothing that anyone can do to stop these people. they are ripping off alot of people.

jane king Mar 02, 2009

14.95 was charged to my credit card without my permission?? How di they get my number?? Savings2go 3/1/09 (happened 2/17)

patricia gardocki Feb 22, 2009

whomn ever took 14.95 out of my checking account with out my permission. please put the money back into my account asp. thank you my e-mail is [email protected]