Samsonitesuitcase

R Review updated:

Suitcase damaged on flights between Ika Airport, Tehran to Flesland Airport, Bergen 18 march 2009. Flight LH 601 and Flight LH 3126.

Mr. Orjan Aarthun
Smedasundet 63,
5528 Haugesund, Norway
[protected]@statoilhydro.com
mobil: +[protected]

• Kt
    K T Richard Oct 15, 2011

It has been nearly four months since I sent my Samsonite backpack for repair under warranty in Singapore. I have not been able to get through their phone. Every call took me to their phone mail box to hear an announcement that the mail box was full. Mulitple calls to the head office of Samsonite Singapore also fell on deaf ears or that the three staff whom I spoke with earlier had already resigned.

Yesterday, I had no choice but to email Samsonite US Head Office and Samsonite Regional Head Office in Hong Kong. I had to also give the Samsonite Singapore Office an ultimatum that I would not hesitate to get a lawyer to handle this S$130 backpack issue or the media to do a story on the bad service I have been experiencing. Someone finally called me last evening to say the voucher was ready for my collection. But to my horror, and to add insult to injury for keeping me in the dark for nearly 4 months, the voucher they issued me was not for the full value of the backpack.

When I bought the backpack, I received a 10% discount using my Amex card and Samsonite is now insisting that should I want a similar backpack worth S$130 as a replacement for the one that had manufacturing defects, I will have to pay them 10% on top of the voucher value. Is this fair?

Furthermore, I noticed the Singapore Samsonite Service Centre was in a mess. I asked the staff what happened. They said they were moving out. I asked where to. They said "Samsonite closing down". I was shocked. I do not think Samsonite is closing down. But the staff looked rather unhappy and were venting their unhappiness through the customers, hoping to sabotage the business. I managed to get to speak with the manager and he was someone who could give his staff hell. He was very arrogant and rude and I could tell that his staff didn't quite like him. It is no wonder so many staff had resigned, the office is in a mess, no one picks up phone calls or clears phone mail messages. I told one of the staff I would do them a favour and complain to Samsonite head office about this terrible manager. He thanked me repeatedly. I hope Samsonite will do something quick before the manager cause more damage to its brand and market share. I have been a loyal Samsonite customer for many years. But I will never touch another Samsonite product from now on.

• Sh
    shahed Nov 11, 2011

.samsonite

sWe have sent the suit case (luggage) to your repair center. Our invoice no. [protected]. After you repair and return back, we find out the luggage look bad after you repair.. I look difference color and is just like using some AA glue simply put on it.. Please find the attached photos and see what your company can do.. Thanks

Qarn Nov 17, 2011

We have sent three e-mails to your company and didn't get any reply.. Date 11/10/2011, 13/10/2011 & 11/11/2011.. Hope that you can reply our e-mail ASAP.. The problem is:

We have sent the suit case (luggage) to your repair center before. Our invoice no. [protected]. After you repair and return back, we find out the luggage look bad after you repair.. It look difference color and is just like using some AA glue simply put on it.. Please find the attached photos and see what your company can do.. Wait for your reply.. Thanks..

Qarn Nov 17, 2011

We have sent the suit case (luggage) to your repair center before. Our invoice no. [protected]. After you repair and return back, we find out the luggage look bad after you repair.. It look difference color and is just like using some AA glue simply put on it.. Please find the attached photos and see what your company can do.. Please reply to my mail.. [protected]@hotmail.com

Wait for your reply.. Thanks..

Qarn Nov 28, 2011

We have sent three e-mails to your company and didn't get any reply.. Date 11/10/2011, 13/10/2011, 11/11/2011 & 13/11/2011.. Hope that you can reply our e-mail ASAP.. The problem is:

We have sent the suit case (luggage) to your repair center before. Our invoice no. [protected]. After you repair and return back, we find out the luggage look bad after you repair.. It look difference color and is just like using some AA glue simply put on it.. Please find the attached photos and see what your company can do.. Please reply to my mail.. [protected]@qarnent.com

Wait for your reply.. Thanks..

• St
    stephanie Do Apr 11, 2012

I was traveling suddenly the handle of the metal fall out. I ended up with no handle. The whole tripped I have to bent my back and pushed the four wheels spinner luggage. It was hell because my back is hurting. Never again will I purchased Samsonite.

• St
    stephanie Do Apr 11, 2012

I bought the samsonite spinner luggage for $109.99 size middle. I was disappointed because as I was rolling the luggage the metal on the handle fall out so the handle cannot be rolled. The whole time I have to bent down on my back to pushed the luggage. My back is hurting but I don't have a choice. I bought in the year of 2011. I will not purchase samsonite again. The company need to make the handle stronger.

• Ha
    Hang Leng Chong Jul 31, 2012

Baggage crack at bottom sidepart.

• Ah
    Ahmet Işıtman Mar 21, 2013

Brand new luggace from Samsonite cracked when trolleying at the airport. I send the bag to the retail shop. They advise me to get a report from the airport authourities that the luggace was cracked during transfer. I explained them that is not correct I did not realized when it was cracked but most probably it happened when it was trolleyed. Because the crack is at the point where the max load is transferred to the case at that point when it is trolleyed. They as well told me that the case is not covered by warranty. But they were unable to show me any document showing that the case is exempted from warranty.
    I am very much surprized when I have these answers from a company like Samsonite. I am trying to find out if there is any department in Samsonite that I can claim. Please let me know if you have any idea. My e mail is [protected]@argesmakina.com

• Lo
    LousySamsoniteSvc Oct 08, 2013

The handle was stuck after two uses. Sent an enquiry email (and a follow up) to Samsonite repair centre Singapore and did not receive any response after 1.5 months. This is really unbelievable for such poor customer service. I will not be getting anymore Samsonite products.

chanya Apr 26, 2014

I bought the most expensive Samsonite cosmolite
    which they advertise that it is the lightest hard cases on earth .
    I am so much dissappointed in it, it not worth the money I paid .
    I used it not over than 8 times . But the muscular zip was broken 2 times .
    I sent it to repair for free . But my point is not that .

This lugguage made me worried every time when I travelling that I will lose my valuable things by this peanut Zip lock .

Now I want to do something with it, such as I want to claim my money back or change to be other style . How to do ?
    I felt stupid to pay that much money for low quality products .

• Cj
    cjc66 Jul 23, 2019

This Samsonite step stool that claims to handle 330 pounds nearly killed me as it collapsed under me. I weigh 180lbs... This is dangerous. I can't believe it just crumble into pieces. The pictures show clearly the damage and the claim of 330lbs. would like some resolution before contacting an attorney.

• Mo
    MonikaMonika Nov 05, 2019

I bought a samsonite trolley bag and pull handle is broken only in a year.
    I bought it from tkmax, Germany but they say, that they have only 6 months warranty.
    Is this the quality of samsonite.
    Only one year!!!
    Please repair or exchange.