Sam's Clubunauthorized charges

J

I went to Sam's Club and my bill was higher than I expected. I asked why and the cashier said the extra charge was for your card upgrade. I did not request a card upgrade. They TRIED to charge me for a membership card upgrade without asking or telling me. I had the cashier remove the extra charge.

I have been a member at Sam 's Club for over 10 years but I will not renew my card because of this kind of unethical behavior.

• De
    DeLana_63 Aug 29, 2009

They talked me into an upgrade for "only $8.00" and made it sound as if there would be no additional charges. Now I find out that the membership fee that they are trying to automatically charge to my Sam's Club Discover (another complaint - I never authorized this!) will be 100.00/year instead of 40.00/year! Needless to say, no emails are being returned.

Costco, here I come.