Saks Off 5thpoor customer service

R

Hello,

I'm writing to inform you of the poor customer service I received from one of your managers (Jichelle) on Friday, December 28, 2018 at the Saks Off Fifth Avenue store located at 555 12th St NW, Washington DC.

I attempted to return two suits to the DC store, that were purchased the day after Christmas (buy 1 get 1 free). I had the receipt, but didn't have the tags on the clothing, so I knew that might be an issue. I called the store ahead of time and spoke to the manager (Jichelle). She asked me to bring the suits to the store before making a decision on the return. When I arrived, Jichelle inspected the suits and told me she could only offer a store credit. I informed her that I had already purchased 6 suits from the Arundel Mills store (buy 1 get 2 free) and therefore I would prefer a full return. I asked if she would consider making an exception, given the amount I had spent in both stores (over a two day period) and the fact that the Arundel Mills store had a much better deal? Jichelle was very rude, using air quotes to mock the amount of money I had spent between the two stores and refused to help any further.

In the end, I decided to keep the two suits I purchased at the DC store and instead, return two of the six suits I had purchased at the Arundel Mills store. To my surprise (and delight), the Arundel Mills store manager agreed to give me a full refund for the two suits purchased at the DC store. Jichelle from the DC store could have saved me a lot of time and trouble, but at least the folks at Arundel Mills understand the meaning of customer service!

Ronald Parker