Safe Touch SecurityIllegal activity

To all of those who complain that safe touch security is a rip off. I worked for safe touch for 10 years as a technician and as a manager. Those of you who need more information concerning their illegal business practices and those who are not licensed in the state to do installations. They have violated many laws and business practices. I left the company a short time ago under fire and am willing to talk to anyone who has had a problem with them. I am still in the industry not with safe touch. contact me for more information. Lester, bruce, and marc will definately not like this.

MargSan Sep 24, 2019

Don't bother buying. Much better systems on the market for much less money. Their warranty is good until they decide to change the terms and not tell you. I've had multiple panels replaced under the warranty, now the panel is not covered. Costs $350! A newer and more updated alarm costs less!

• Il
    iLikeRain78 Oct 26, 2017

I signed a 3 year contract and was told it was lifetime, all inclusive, and that the $3000+ I signed up with meant no other fees. Then I was getting charged $7/mo, then they upped to $15, then they upped to $46 once the 3 years was over. This makes no sense to me. I went with them as a better deal long term and that did not end up being the case. I feel like I've been held hostage. This is EXPENSIVE. I feel lied to and taken advantage of, and that there isn't anything I can do. They talk in circles until you give up .

• Er
    Eric Cartman Oct 26, 2015

SERVICE CONTRACTS WITH AUTOMATIC RENEWAL PROVISIONS :

FLORIDA STATUTE 501.165
    ** PARAGRAPH 2
    SUBSECTION (b) :

501.165 Automatic renewal of service contracts.--
    (1) DEFINITIONS.--As used in this section:
    (a) "Automatic renewal provision" means a provision under which a service contract is renewed for a specified period of more than 1 month if the renewal causes the service contract to be in effect more than 6 months after the day of the initiation of the service contract. Such renewal is effective unless the consumer gives notice to the seller of the consumer's intention to terminate the service contract.
    (b) "Consumer" means an individual, as defined in s. 501.603, receiving service, maintenance, or repair under a service contract. The term does not include an individual engaged in business or employed by or otherwise acting on behalf of a governmental entity if the individual enters into the service contract as part of or ancillary to the individual's business activities or on behalf of the business or governmental entity.
    (c) "Seller" means any person, firm, partnership, association, or corporation engaged in commerce that sells, leases, or offers to sell or lease any service to a consumer pursuant to a service contract.
    (d) "Service contract" means a written contract for the performance of services over a fixed period of time or for a specified duration.

(2) SERVICE CONTRACTS WITH AUTOMATIC RENEWAL PROVISIONS.--
    (a) Any seller that sells, leases, or offers to sell or lease any service to a consumer pursuant to a service contract that has an automatic renewal provision, unless the consumer cancels that contract, shall disclose the automatic renewal provision clearly and conspicuously in the contract or contract offer.
    (b) Any seller that sells or offers to sell any service to a consumer pursuant to a service contract the term of which is a specified period of 12 months or more and that automatically renews for a specified period of more than 1 month, unless the consumer cancels the contract, shall provide the consumer with written or electronic notification of the automatic renewal provision. Notification shall be provided to the consumer no less than 30 days or no more than 60 days before the cancellation deadline pursuant to the automatic renewal provision. Such notification shall disclose clearly and conspicuously...and it goes on to further explain in detail/

e) A violation of this subsection renders the automatic renewal provision void and unenforceable.
    History.--s. 1, ch. 2010-58; s. 39, ch. 2011-194

• Ri
    Richie Rich 12 Apr 29, 2015

I recently received a letter from Safe Touch that I must pay $199 to maintain my current level of service for some equipment to be installed so it will work with AT&T 4G, since the 2G is going away. They provide you with another option for $99 but then you cannot montior with your smartphone. However when you ask about canceling then they say you still have to pay. What choice do you have?

• Di
    Dissatisfied Customer 8 Jan 15, 2015

Although it is the responsibility of anyone entering into a contract to read the terms, the salesman do intentionally mislead the customer that they are paying for a three year contract. In Tallahassee, Safetouch's business partner AT&T is shutting down the 2G network on which their communicator is set up. They now expect me to purchase additional equipment to keep the system working. The contract does not stipulate that the user must purchase additional equipment. This is a breach of the contract . If they do not provide working equipment for free, my service will be done.

• Do
    dorothy Jean duddy Jan 13, 2015

I contacted safe touch when my contract had expired and was told because I did not do it in writing they would not cancel my contract but indeed lengthen it for 2 more years I told them since they went from 27 to 47 dollars a month it was cost prohibitive for me. I told them on a fixed income I did not have the ability to factor in the additional expense Their response was fine we will let a collection agency do it! Very much a case of elder abuse

• Bi
    Big Daddy Joe Dec 01, 2014

I too was bitten by the auto renewal rat embedded in the Safe Touch contract. I did write Safe Touch to cancel the first month after the three year interval. Safe Touch continued to bill my card and when I called to complain, I was told that my contract had already auto-renewed for two more years because I did not notify the company in writing within sixty days BEFORE the end of the contract date. It seems that the company uses any means to play gotcha and is not customer friendly at all. I will continue to pay them so my credit is not ruined, but I am also going to pay my new company since I am replacing the Safe Touch system with a new one. For me the money is not the issue but rather it is the lack of ethical character displayed by this business. I can promise that none of my friends will ever use the company because I am spreading the word.

• Bi
    Big Daddy Joe Dec 01, 2014

I too was dumbfounded to learn that it was not enough to simply call and cancel my service after three years, which I did. The company automatically renewed me for two more years despite me calling because I did not notify them in writing. I am sure they would send me to collections if I did not pay but the final laugh is on them because I am now telling everyone I know about my negative experience and the company's horrible business ethic. They will run out of customers eventually if they do not change their deceptive and unethical practices.

• Jm
    jmpusa Nov 09, 2014

i vae sold my business bc of financial hardship and safe touch says i have to pay if new owners dont use them for the next 4 years on a business i no longer own. this is a horrible company to kick someone while they are down. im not trying to leave them, just trying to salvage what is left of my life and they dont care. they want their money and thats it

Chris J. H. Sep 24, 2014

I have had Safe Touch for over 3 years and I can tell you they are the quickest response time I have ever seen. You just can't beat the 2 way communication that verifies what the emergency is or the fact that it eliminates all false alarms. I had "the other guys" and a had nothing but false alarm fines from the county.
    I want to prevent robberies, but all I had was false alarm fines from the county when I had a security with the other guys. "You get a security system to not get robbed", but now the county is robbing you because of an inferior system and poor installation. You need to switch to Safe Touch! Stop paying other companies for a false sense of security! Everyone needs to know that Safe Touch Security is the best choice and the only security company that is "The Real Deal!!!" Safe Touch is a true security system!!!

Debra77 Sep 19, 2014

When I signed up for their service I thought I would. Have 24/7 service. I work Mon through Sat. Every other month there is a problem or rather error with my system. Either one of the sensors is not reading and I have to reset it daily, or the battery is low (when I put in a new one it does not fix the problem), the system just goes off randomly in the middle of the night, or the IFOB system is down. Regardless of what the problem is, they have to send a service agent out to fix it. Now the part they don’t tell you is their service agents work the same schedule as myself and they don’t work weekends. So when you get these annoying errors that beep or go off day and night you are just stuck. How can a company that prides itself with service not have agents that work 24/7? This is an alarm company, I would like to feel safe in my home all the time, yet I feel with all the problems their systems have if I did ever have a real issue the whole thing would not even work. Also when I did try to make a scheduled day for service (today is Fri and I tried to set up a service date for Wed) I was told they were booked up and could not come. Now I get to listen to this beep beep for 2 more weeks or until I just rip it out of the wall. I’m starting to feel like the commercial “I hate Safe touch”

• Gu
    Gunning for you Sep 04, 2014

This is the worst company in Jacksonville. I was robbed of everything with the so called security company. I had every piece of equipment they offered and still no response. It is a scam. They also have a $250 limited liability in their contract. Do your homework before you give him your money so he can hang out at Capital Grill in his Austin Martin every night like a big shot.

Andy12345678 Jul 18, 2014

I too paid Safetouch for three years service up front and was told by the sales staff that it was a three year term and I could cancel at that time, I did not have a lawyer at hand or four hours free to read every single line of their contract so trusted the word of the salesman, he seemed trustworthy. After three years of service they started charging my credit card for the monthly fee to which I called and complained, it was explained then that the contract term was five years and not the agreed three years and it dod not matter what the lying salesman told me. Then to my horror I also read in the contract that if you don't cancel up to thirty days prior to the term date they will contract you in for a sixth year with no option to cancel in that year, then again for a seventh year. I have no choice but to keep paying them or face legal action. I did send them a post dated letter of cancellation in case I miss the 30 day deadline and forced them to email me a receipt of the letter. They are scam artists and should not be trusted.

• Mi
    Mikeylemon Jul 18, 2014

These ### keep calling me at a number that is on the Do Not Call list. I report them every time they call me, what a bunch of losers!

• Hx
    hxcprincess Jul 13, 2014

I currently work for Safetouch and no one lied to you and no one is doing anything illegal. Yes the salesman may have left out the fact that it's a 5 year agreement, which it is, it states so in section 5, but as a person signing themselves into a contract, it is your responsibility and common sense to read everything you're signing. Section 4 breaks down your payments, which shows you when you purchase a system (which is what you pay for, not 3 years in advance) you get the first 3 years of monitoring for free and then the REMAINING 2 years of your contract you are to pay for monitoring. Whether you agree with it or not, you aren't a victim. You should always read anything you sign.

• Mc
    McCallister Jan 27, 2014

Wow I am in the market for a home security system I am so glad I checked this web site out first. Now I am sure it will not be from this company. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the public.

• We
    weasel b Dec 01, 2013

There is only one company that responds within 45 seconds, most of the time within 15 to 20 seconds to check on your safety, your health or your property. Thats Safetouch! Every company gets bad reviews from " former employees", or other alarm companies pretending to be customers. Please people, read and ask questions, nothing to hide at Safetouch. Its simple up to you, do want protection or not? Yes, I'm a customer and former police officer. No security system works like Safetouch. Its all about priorities. Whats your priority? And why in Gods name would anyone complain about keeping the best security monitored for two more years at locked in price. Really, thats your complaint. I say good luck!

• David Henson Nov 25, 2013

Purchased system everything went great until we needed warranty work. Customer support sucks. Had to go on Facebook and slam tbem to get the Tampa branch manager to call me. Everything fine f or now. We'll see what happens next time.

DeborahT Nov 18, 2013

I have safe touch and have paid them off, yet one of my contacts is broken, they will not replace it unless I purchase a whole new system is their anyway I can remove that contact from the console, as though it was never set up? or can I use a different contact, that I can get from my parents?

• Se
    SEALADY Aug 02, 2013

I have TWO contracts with SafeTouch, one for home and one for my business. the sales person NEVER showed me the section where the contract would automatically renew and of course they are counting on you not knowing that.
    BUT I did the right thing and contacted them almost TWO months before my contract ended - but no one calls me back, so I called again and said I wanted to know, now that my contract was over what price they could offer me or I was leaving.

Still no return call - call today and press 6 for I am transferring my service and finally get someone to talk to me - she tells me my contract has renewed for THREE years!!! I went ballistic - the lease on my office is up and I am NOT renewing and they want me to pay for a place I won't be in. To make matters worse there is a very, very high chance my husband and I will be moving out of country within in the year so really do not want a contract on the house either.
    Finally she has offered me the possibility of cancelling my office IF I sign a new contract for the home - well it is at a lower price and hopefully I can include that in the rent or sale of my house.
    THIS IS OBVIOUSLY AN ATTEMPT TO RIPOFF they deliberately do not call you back hoping you will forget and by the time you call they can say oh well you didn't write us and cancel - Both times I called I got stalling and oh we will crunch numbers and call you back - they know exactly what they are doing. ALSO neither of the people who called me bothered to tell me about the you must cancel in writing policy. Three years later who remembers what was in their contract that is buried in things from that year???

Again they are counting on this. It is time the government stepped in and made automatic renewals illegal. There was a good article in the paper this week about how many BILLIONS a year people lose on "soft" contracts, automatic renewals and fees that people just do not question.
    CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ANYONE?

• Ht
    hteb309 Jun 12, 2013

I WAS LIED TO ABOUT HAVING A 3 YR CONTRAT... TO FIND OUT THAT I AM LOCKED IN FOR 5 YEARS
    IS THERE AWAY OUT OF THIS WITHOUT A FEE OR PENALTY ?
    THEY SUCK AND I'M VERY UPSET!

BETH

• I agree that Safetouch is a big rip off and I would not recommend this company to my enemy. I purchased a home in 2006 and moved due to military PCS and asked if I could have the number changed so the renters in the home could benefit from me paying the bill. Safetouch told me no they could not change the number because of the original contract I signed listed a number and the number could not be changed. So I asked how would I benefit for services I am paying for but not using because the home is not being monitored because the phone number assigned to the monitoring services is no longer in service they could not provide an answer. So I paid the amount (an additional 3 years) without monitoring services. So now I am told that I have to pay an additional 2 years because I did not submit in writing that I no longer wanted services. I will pay the amount owed but will never ever conduct business with safetouch or recommend them to friends, family, or enemies. My advice to anyone looking to get a security monitoring system is choose anyone other than safetouch!!! SAFETOUCH IS NOT A COMPANY OF INTEGRITY DO NOT CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

Safe touch sucks Jun 21, 2012

Safe Touch just sucks! I was told that my contract was 3yrs and what you know? at the end of the 3rd years they told me that i must pay them another 27dollars per month until the end of the 5th year. And if you don't give them a written notice within 2 months before your contract ends then tough luck you are entitled to another 2 yrs. Let me tell you guys something, signing a 3 yrs contract with Safe Touch is more like a life long contract. SO my advice to you guys dont ever get Safe Touch they are just a big scam

Annhop Jun 17, 2012

I dont feel safe, I am a single woman whom live in a 2900 sq ft house on the edge of town.My alarm went off twice within 2 years. I am thankful that it was because i simply forgot to disarm it before opening the door. What has me feeling unsafe and ready to cancel their services is, It took over 10 mins before safetouch came over the intercom to ask IF EVERYTHING WAS FINE.
    I could have been knocked out and killed before they reacted to the alarm.Hello Safetouch?? Are you there???

JoanEbelle Mar 26, 2012

I guess I got suckered in as well. The system broke after paying the 36 months so I figured --- what the heck, maybe I won't re-up with them. I should have checked the Contract! Oh my, I haven't had such an ordeal with a company in 20 years! Their lovely 'Amy' goes home at 5pm on the dot and frankly, that schedule doesn't work with mine so we have been playing telephone tag. Not once during that time has she left a message saying that if I don't pay she would send it to collections. How about something like, 'Hey, Stupid - you are still under contract with us and you have no choice. There is NO early cancellation!" Then at least I would have paid it. Now they want the dang $150 'reinstatement' fee... ha.. the thing didn't work anyway... exactly what am I reinstating? BE SURE YOU PHYSICALLY CHANGE THE WORDING OF THE CONTRACT before you sign!!!

• I would like to express my thoughts speaking from my own personal experience with SafeTouch. My husband and I have been with Safetouch now since 2002, so for 10 years. During these years we moved into a new home and had service transferred. We have always received quality service and have never experienced any problems. When the alarm goes off accidentally, we are always called within 30 seconds to a minute and have only had minor maintenance issues maybe 3 times, which were promptly responded to and resolved by professional people. Our monthly payment is extemely reasonable and has only increased once (by $3.00/month) and that was when we moved to the new home. Again, this is from my own experience, but my husband and I have been VERY satisfied with our service and barring something major, will continue with Safe Touch as long as we have a security system.

• St
    Stefani Arnold Mar 01, 2012

Safetouch is a fraud of a company. They tell you that the contract is only for 36 months but in reality it is for 5 years. They neglect to tell you about the first 2 years of your contract are with Wells Fargo since they have to finance through another company and the last 36 months of the contract are with Safetouch. Stay Away!!!

• Ji
    jimmyharts1 Dec 20, 2011

Like any company, I've read the good review and I've read the bad. I live in Windemere and have been a Safe Touch Customer for about a year now. Didn't have any problems with pushy salespeople, didn't have any problems with the installer, and havent have any problems since. Affordable, yet I wasn't looking for affordable when considering something as serious as the security of my home and family. I'd recommend them to friends or family members. And have. Sincerely, JH

• Mh
    mhs01954 Dec 20, 2011

Listen people - there are positive reviews and negative reviews for every company out there. As a customer it is your responsibility to weed out the biased and learn from the unbiased. I am a Safe Touch customer and spent a little bit more than I thought I was going to, however, the choice was very simple for me. All I can suggest is that you give them a call and have them send out a consultant to give you pricing and show you what they have to offer. Then you don't have to make a judgement based on what others say on the internet, you can do what I did and use my own personal opinion. What works for me may not work for others and vice versa. I'm happy and it was an easy decision. Hope this helps. Mar - Apopka, FL

Angry 2008 Nov 03, 2011

I had a safe touch alarm system installed in my Mothers house, I signed what I thought was a 36month agreement, My mother passed in 2008, her house is empty I called safetouch to cancel service or remove the alarm system they told me they can't remove the system b/c it's "part of the house" and that they automatically renewed my contract, and have been billing me $30.00 a month since ! in other words they want me to pay them to monitor a empty house! I have tried talking to them but to no avail, they did offer me a chance to buy another system for $250.00 and sign a new contract ! What a great company! Lester Jackson knows so much about crime because he is a thug in a business suit

• Di
    die hard nole fan Oct 13, 2011

I used to have ADT but they kept raising my rate. I started off paying 29.95 per month and before I made the swich i was up to 37.99 per month and no extra services. I was contacted by SafeTouch telemarketing I assume with a special offer to get 6 months free and 30% off my bill so I scheduled an appointment. The rep that came out was very knowledgeable and informed me of the weaknesses of my current system connected to the land line. I was not aware that all it would take to defeat my system was a $3.00 pair of wire cutters. They suggested to go with an upgraded system that does not use the land line and I was able to get a free app for my Iphone to access my system. i am much happier now that I made the decision to go with them and I feel much safer now knowing that my alarm cannot be defeated. I chose the cash option up front and saved over 350.00. The installer was great and took the time to explain all the new services to me before he left.

• Lo
    LoveHonorObey Sep 01, 2011

Please people... READ THE AGREEMENT!! I pray to God you people educate your loved ones on how to read. There are no complaints of the equipment failing- only about the contract- and if that stops you from having an excellent system that will actually work in the event of an alarm then you probably deserve what will come to you when a burglar realizes you went the OTHER way. Safetouch is the ONLY company with a Gauranteed response time!!! Don't worry, I'm sure your insurance company will love you when you call and say "My sh*t is stolen, and my alarm company didn't call me because it is written in their agreement that they will TRY to call" and for the upset and hurt employees out there... "Grow up!" go get a job! And stop acting like you didn't do anything wrong to be dismissed. Obviously you liked the company enough to stay there that long. If SWAT force and the police like and respect them... I mean- arent they the people that respond to my alarm? The 2way is amazing and Safetouch works! Thanks Safetouch!

• Mi
    Mike Emami Aug 25, 2011

They are differently are bad people, is any body knows how to cancel Safe touch...these guys are the thief on the block, how can we stop them?

Debye Aug 16, 2011

I paid up front for a 3 year contact. I sold my house during that time and called Safe Touch to inform them that I no longer owned that house and to terminate the service. It's been almost a year since I sold my house and Safe Touch are now sending me invoices (at my new home address - don't know how they got my new address) for the monthly moitoring service. I have called Safe Touch and they asked me for my password I gave them the password and they said it's not correct so they can not help me. I can however write on the invoice that I terminated this service, send in a photo copy of my drivers license and it will be cancelled. I have now received 2 more invoices from safe touch, they say I now owe them $116.28 for 3 months of monitoring service. I sent them a note explaining that I have terminated this service and to stop sending me invoices via their website which stated a response will be sent back to me within 11 seconds...that didn't happen. I will once again write on this 3rd invoice that I have terminated this service over a year ago.

• Je
    jems143 Aug 12, 2011

You fools read your contract! Plain english! I read and understood mine from day one.

• Hh
    hhpoc Jul 20, 2011

I am in a similar situation where the sales person tells me that its a 3 year contract and then it when I try to cancel they are telling me I'm in a 5 year contract. The sales person also told me that certain items were covered under an extended warranty that I paid for that was not true. Now they are trying to charge me for service calls that I thought were covered. I'm very irritated and on board with the class action lawsuit.

• Je
    JeffSH18 Jul 07, 2011

There has to be a way to get out of this contract without going to collections. I was told the contract was 2 years when it turns out it was a 5 year contract. Anyone figure this out yet?

• Cu
    Curious1954 Jun 25, 2011

So glad I found I found this site. I was looking for the Safe Touch site to set up an appointment to discuss a security system for my daughter's apartment. Wow, I will not be calling Safe Touch. I can see an ex employee having negative comments but even their current employees admit that they are a scam. No thanks Safe Touch, my search continues.

• Zi
    ziadlabban Jun 20, 2011

I have purchased their service with the 3 years prepaid and decided that I did not want to renew my service with them, to my surprise i found out that I can't cancel my service with them and now they harrasing me with a debt collection. this company is a scam and the question is how do we stop this? anyone interested is class action law suit?

Annoyed in Tampa Florida Jun 09, 2011

These folks at Safe Touch have called me about six times over the last two weeks. After calling them back and explaining that I did not want further calls and that I am on the National Do Not Call List, they simply argued with me.

So they continue to harass me. I cannot see how continuously calling me (I just hang up) will further their business aims.

From what I read here, there is no ready solution to getting off their list of numbers to call and call and call...