Ruth's Chris Steak House / scam by server and waitress

So I took my wife for Mothers Day to Ruth Chris in Asheville, NC 5/12/19. We ordered the filet and shrimp dinners as well as some cocktails. The waitress made it clear that everything was Ala carte (which was weird because the menu included a full dinner with dessert for 49.99 per person). Anyway, she also stated that so and so would be the server, (kind of a double team). Any way as the server brought us or food my wife noticed there was an extra baked potato with broccoli and cheese. We said we did not order that! Server said "oh Rachel must have given you a gift" Anyway, it was left on the table and we never ate it. Long story short, when we got the bill, it had multiple charges and each item was itemized (every item was priced on a long listed bill) and low and behold there was a charge for THREE potatoes at $7.00 each. So bottom line the server and waitress were working together to boost the cost of our bill by adding items. Also the drinks were added at $2.00 over menu price.

This was clearly a scam and we paid the bill and left NO TIP!...We also will not return to this Ruth Chris...we have eaten at many around the US over the years...never had anything like this happen. The Asheville RC is we feel scamming customers that don't check there bills!
May 12, 2018 4pm reservation
Table 73.1
Server: 610 Rachel
Check# 6052

• Ruth's Chris Steak House Customer Care's Response, May 15, 2019

Bart, what you described concerns us and we would like to speak with you directly. At Ruth's Chris, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with outstanding hospitality and what you describe is not consistent with our values or standards. Please email your contact information, including a phone number, to us at [protected]@ruthschris.com so that we can reach out and learn more. Thank you.

• Updated by Bart Boeckler, May 15, 2019

You might want to try again as the email address you provided is not valid...!

• Updated by Bart Boeckler, May 15, 2019

Tried again seemed to work...original email provided said [protected]@ruthschris.com...now says [protected]@ruthschris.com and worked. Thanx

• Updated by Bart Boeckler, May 18, 2019

Final episode...so I got a call (voicemail) from the Asheville "franchise" manager yesterday Mr. Kenneth...He stated "he got an disconcerted email across his desk" and was calling to talk to me. I called back later. Firstly he apologized and stated "it was just a mistake, we certainly don't want you to think it was a scam". He stated he realized how it looked and my perception of the situation. Then says "sometimes we do give extra entree's to customer" I asked "why then were we charged for something we did not eat or order" ? When asked about the overcharge of the cocktails, he stated "you must have been looking at the happy hour prices". The drink menu, was the drink menu...maybe we should have looked for fine print?

Bottom line, the call was just a fluffy denial that anything was done on purpose or deceptively to gain a larger bill/tip. Finally, if you visit "this" Ruth's Chris, be sure to check your complicated itemized charges carefully, don't rely on the way the meal is presented on the menu as one charge $45.99 for a 5oz. fillet and shrimp special with sides. That is not the way it is billed in reality. (btw, this deal was also removed from the local Asheville location on the website recently).
    Sincerely disappointed!