Ruth's Chris Steak HouseUnequal work opportunity and defamation of character

F Jul 29, 2020

I was hired as a server at Ruth's Chris. I was asked if I was willing to host and I said yes as long as I would be serving mostly and they ask me first about every single one of those shifts. That was a lie. They kept putting me on hosting shifts and only offered me a few serving here and there. Last week I was there they put me on 100% hosting shifts. There was no answer as to why. I quit on the spot. Since then I've gone back to dine. There were multiple rumors started about me including that I was married to one of the managers and at my last visit, I was pregnant by him. Previously, the bartenders had made rumors about the GM and I, when he bought me a steak dinner so I could try out the menu. They also started a paper saying that Alex (also a server) and I should be fired because I was seating him more as a host. I wasn't the main host so I never controlled who was set. And if you look in the system that was a lie. Most people there signed it. Nothing was done about that even though it was a lie. That same GM was fired after I left for being discriminatory and supporting the staff for continued harassment of Alex, the gay server. Now that GM is gone, this treatment of myself being treated badly has continued. I contacted Hr and no one contacted me back. The new GM did saying they will look into it. But never contacted me back. So I reached out again and they said they had concluded the investigation. I asked what they had done about defamation of my character and the rumors and I was told they couldn't discuss anything with me. I will be contacting a lawyer but I want this also to be recognized by the state so treatment of guests and/or employees in a negative way will stop.