Run Local LocksmithOvercharge and false quotes

This is the worst service EVER!!!
I locked my keys in the trunk of my vehical. I called GM to get a replacement key and they said it was $75 to replace a key for my make and model. I couldn't get a key from GM because I could not find the title for my car(moved recently and things are mixed up). So I decided to call Run Local Locksmith. I explained to the Run Local locksmith Customer Service Rep that I locked my keys in the trunk of my vehical. She asked the make and model of my car. I asked her the price and she said $29 minimal service Fee PLUS 35-65 charge depending on how exentsive the work is to unlock it($95 max). The rep had the tech call me and the tech said "with your make and model we cant pick the lock for your trunk we will have to drill". I refused and he cancelled the call.
I called them back again and asked them how much would it cost for them to replace my key instead. They said $120-150 plus $29 minimal service charge(so around $180). The tech came out and said he can get my trunk open without making a key. He removed the driver side plastic from my door to get to my trunk switch. HE THEN ASKED ME FOR AN ELECTRICAL CABLE. I HAD ONE IN MY HOUSE AND GAVE IT TO HIM. he hooked it up to my battery and then to my trunk switch and got it to open. he then charged me $180 to open my trunk with a cable I provided to him. without me providing the cable he wouldnt been able to perform the service. Also, charging me 180 for an unlock is outragious considering that is what they quoted me for a replacement key. I refused to sign my signature and was being harrased by him. he said he wouldnt leave unless i signed. he told me to dispute it with the managers. I called the manager juan who is WORTHLESS!!! I asked juan to reverse the charges and charge me for an unlock which is quoted to be around $65-$95). He refused. I put a dispute in with my bank. I am also putting a dispute in with the BBB. This business has to be STOPPED and has to pay for its wrongful business practices.

John Hammer Aug 29, 2012

Complete scam company. In the State of Oklahoma ALL locksmiths are required to have a license.The Attorney General has just sent out letters to all local law enforcement agencies to encourage vigilance against fake locksmiths. It is an arrestable offense here and I would encourage any of the RLL associates monitoring this complaints board to either become licensed in the State of Oklahoma, or get out.

• Aaron Rodgerss Dec 20, 2010

At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home.

• Shirley Hall Dec 20, 2010

• Roxy Rosy Dec 17, 2010

I have taken services from them they are good and efficient in services. Run Local Locksmith are good in delivering the services on the specified time and in reasonable cost.Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best .

Richard James Dec 17, 2010

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidently. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.

Richard Collins Dec 16, 2010

Yeah you are right. I also dont have any problem with run local locksmith. As they are good in there services. They were very humble. They exactly know what to do at what time. They had opened my car as my kid was locked in car . They just said that give me 10 min. And within 10 min they opened the door. I think thats was something nice and wonderful. So I feel very bad when lots of people talk rubish about them. Thats why I am here to tell the truth and about my experience. God bless you all. Thanks

James Canada Dec 14, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really very happy. I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best. Try them once [protected]

• Vi
    vitor_ben Dec 10, 2010

As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. They are best in there work. I know Run Local Locksmith are best in there work, as i had self experienced it. Run Local Locksmith has a awesome services. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security neRun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith.

• Ha
    HarryPanther Dec 08, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is the best locksmith I have used, and I have used quite a few in my years in Seattle. From car keys to house keys and security installation for both my shop and home, I can honestly say that for the last 10+ years I cannot recall a single problem or issue with their work. Their price is always what they say it's going to be, time after time after time… I highly and strongly recommend them.

• Ha
    HarryPanther Dec 08, 2010

I have used Run Local Locksmith for years. They have always done a solid job. Their keys actually work (the first time). These guys know their profession. They are professional, thoughtful and well worth the price. Their attention to detail is what continues to impress me the most.

• Lo
    LocksmithScamBuster Dec 07, 2010

This scam outfit is NOT accredited by the BBB, and in fact has an "F" rating for every location nationwide. Check here: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/locksmith-supply-stores/run-local-locksmith-in-plant-city-fl-90068396 (If the URL is missing, it's the BBB, use a search engine, then type in "run local locksmith" into THEIR search engine)

They are also NOT members of ALOA, check here: http://www.findalocksmith.com/search.aspx (If the URL is missing, it's find a locksmith (dot) com - No spaces)

They are part and parcel of the illegal foreign nationals running scams out of Florida, but advertising as "local" - Nearly ALL of the technicians are non-work visa'd individuals, and the parent company is under indictment in multiple states. $20 million dollars a year for these folks. See here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&q=locksmith+scams (If the URL is missing, search any search engine for "locksmith scams")

Check out the poor English in many of the posts FOR the business. Most of the people are foreign nationals who are NOT visa'd to work here. That $20 billion above? ALL shipped out of the country.

About the original poster? As a locksmith, and a legitimate one, under NO circumstances should any of what happened to you happened.

How the scam works: A company in a different country (always the same one) sets up thousands of "local" phone numbers here, then mass registers them in Google Local and other search engines. When you call, you get an operator in New York or Florida, who has NO clue where you are, but dispatches a "technician" - The "technician again, is generally a non-work visa'd individual, usually here on a student visa. The parent company sets fake prices, shill prices, as lead-in's... $19 car unlocks, $29 service calls, etc. They tell the "technician" that they'll require XX of dollars for the service, ALWAYS a higher than normal price to begin with. Whatever the "technician" forces/intimidates you into paying on top of that is the ONLY money he makes. It is then incumbent on him to charge as much as possible under any pretense as possible so he gets some money/pay. The "technician" then splits out the company's "fee" - Gets a Money Order, and sends it to a collection address out of the country.

Some of the "technicians" sell the key codes and key copies for homes to an lesser element for fast cash - Leaving you open to car theft (not reimbursable without a forced entry), and home invasions and robberies.

If a technician demands far, FAR more than he quoted, call the police, while he's there. Do NOT let him intimidate you. If he knows you're calling the police, 9 times out of 10 he will leave, as he does not want to be found with burglary tools (picks and such) without a business or other license. Then call a REAL locksmith and get your place rekeyed, as the fake locksmith has your codes.

Fake locksmiths are a very real, and very dangerous problem. Be proactive.

John Crush Dec 02, 2010

15. Last night when I returned home it was quite late and to my shock I realised that I have lost my keys to my home standing right in front of it. I was very disappointed. I thought I’ll have to wait outside till morning for some help. Then I called up Run Local Locksmith. I must say awesome service. Within 20 min of my call they were here and fixed my lock. I was sleep peacefully in the next 20 min.

• John. A. Simmer Dec 01, 2010

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices.

• Shirley Hall Nov 26, 2010

This is really a disgusting. People challanging the work of run local locksmith. People should understand that every work done, must be charged. Their amount is not so much. They only charge the quality of work done. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.
    They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying that they are best in there services.

Richard Collins Nov 24, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a 3 months back and it was the good services I could ever get. The team was so humble in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once [protected]

• De
    Deborah Allen Nov 23, 2010

What to say abt run local locksmith. They had save my life when i was locked in basement. They are the only persons who came as soon as possible. They had showed me there latest technology tools, which makes there work easy. They unlock my door and also repaired it again. They are very humble. Very cooperative and very intelligent too. I am very much sorry for them bcaz people talk rough abt them and my experience was opposite to the complaints. They are good and thats my opinion.

• John. A. Simmer Nov 22, 2010

I am totaly agree with comments. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $15 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $15 service call. Run Local can help us make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. They repair and replace all automobiles, cars, trucks or RV keys. They do emergency opening of doors and trunks. There locksmiths, specializing in, fast lock out services, replace or repair lost and broken keys, they do key cutting services for all makes and models on site. One of there technicians can and will come to you and get you back on the road. Need a transponder chip key or a high security vehicle key duplicated. Run local locksmiths will provide you with the best service at the best price.

• John. A. Simmer Nov 16, 2010

I have heard that they are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. It seems they are all competitors, who don't want to execute the process done by run local locksmith. But thanx to the people like Roxy and many more who give there valuable time on commenting positive. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

• Pam Singh Nov 12, 2010

Why all you are panic so much. Sometimes it happened with all. We always go with some mis-understandings. Sometimes we had bad experience also. That does not mean that you all people make panic and blame to them. If they work for your safty, they must charged you the amount, and u must pay to them. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

• Lawyer smith Nov 12, 2010

Me seriously not agry with all ur reports. As for my concern I had very good experience with them. As I was locked in my house, I just called them by searching there no. from website. They came in 30 min which was ok for me. As they came, they politely talked and soon opened my door with there latest equipments. They charged me $29. I given them there money happily, as that was a big thing for me. So I wonder how u all had bad experience with them. May be some of u had met with some another guy who was no so humble. All boys are not of same nature. I think $29 was a good deal with them.
    Regards
    Smith Lawyer

• Roxy Rosy Nov 09, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

Richard Collins Nov 09, 2010

They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

James Canada Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

• De
    Deborah Allen Nov 03, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

Richard Collins Nov 03, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

James Canada Nov 01, 2010

I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope you all will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

• Aaron Rodgerss Oct 22, 2010

Run Local Locksmith is a certified licensee of the TRUSTe® Site Services Program. The privacy statement and practices of www.run-local-locksmith.com have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with our strict program requirements. We offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. We charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit we make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. We have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from our fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. We offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. We are a Member of the Associated Locksmiths of America

• Johanna Taylor Oct 22, 2010

Hi thefirstnight12,

I am sure that you people have had a real bad experience but just to share my experience as it was really good to hire services of Run Local Locksmiths technicians. I went off locking the door inside out by mistake as the new technology door of high security, I called one of the local artisans and they said we can not give this services as this technology is not with us .

I placed two guards on the door that night and tried another artisans they replied in the same manner. I called Run Local Locksmith as they operate 24hours*7nights and even on holidays. I called them at night around 12am and the technicians was available at my place in 15mins he checked the door and replaced the lock in 25mins with the high proficiency and effectiveness.

I was so happy and delighted with the services that the charge of $450 seemed too reasonable to me. I believe when it comes to services no one can be as good as them . The company and the technicians are wonderful at there work.

• Roxy Rosy Oct 19, 2010

They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

• Roxy Rosy Oct 05, 2010

All this seems to me a crap and made up stories . I have personally called them and taken up the services from them it's all fake and some unfaithful stories that you are making. Probably fo once you may have come across the bad service due to one of the technicians but generalizing it on whole of the company is not that good. Every Individual has particular attitude . Its just that . When I took the services from them 3 years back they were wonderful and now they are awesome in delivering the best of the services of the world. The technicians are very well groomed and very well trained for the services being offered

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website. Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise. I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once [protected]