Run Local LocksmithIllegal Business

A

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Wa
    Warren Schaub Jul 30, 2009

We had Run Local Locksmith come out to replace a 54 year old doornob that locked up. My call was returned within 15 minutes but the tech arrived 35 minutes later than the time he promised without even the courtesy of a phone call. He arrived in a private unmarked vehicle with a woman waiting for him in the vehicle while he tended to the door. He had to leave to purchase some parts and returned approx an hour and a half later. He returned with two brass plates to cover the curout of the original ornate fixture and put in a very low quality piece of garbage. While he worked he was impatient, cranky and rude. He had drilled holes for the screws to seat the brass plates and they would not line up properly to allow for the round doornob to properly operate, so he drilled new holes. The doornob then worked but the holes are visible in both the front and back of the door below the brass plates. Even after all of this, the plates are not set straight on the door and below the front plate is a portion of the original hole visible. It looks horrendous! To boot, this charge was over $450, to include $85.00 for each little brass plate, two charges for labor in addition to the famous $29 service call charge. This is only part one... AFter the tech left, I attempted to lock both the new doornob as well as the deadbolt above it, and neither would work. After some significant effort, I was able to get the new lock to work and called the company back the next morning. This time, the tech did not return my call for an hour, so I called again to complain. Ten minutes went by and he did call me back and promised he would be at my home between four and four thirty that afternoon. He did not show up until 8pm... no call, no explanation. When he arrived he was angry, rude, impatient and hostile. I was frightened of him, truthfully. When I explained that I could no longer use the deadbolt after he worked on the door, he rather rudely replied, "I didn't touch the deadbolt". I then calmly explained that I wasn't accusing him of anything, but that I simply needed his help to get both the locks working properly, which was the purpose of me calling on him in the first place! He did remedy the situation with my insistence, but it was careless, rushed and without any concern for resolving our problem or for achieving any level of customer service. My next complaint was with regard to the bill... there were charges that were illegible in terms of the description and amount and the total was miscalculated by almost $200! We called the company and after being given the run around, we did speak with a manager, who put us off for a couple of days, then he was on vacation when we called again, and now he "stepped out of the office". We left numerous messages and he has not returned our calls, We were denied the ability to speak with the company owner, therefore we will dispute the charges with the credit card company.

This was a frightening experience and a very poor example of sound business practices. I would advise anyone to run the other way when the name of this company is mentioned. They should be taken to court for impropriety and have the book thrown at them, and I just may pursue that!

saigon Jul 17, 2009

I am having a HORRIBLE experience with them right now!
    My scooter locked out couple days ago, called service RunLocalLockSmith.(RLLS)
    7-15-09 Technician came late (his name Samuel, local tech in Richardson, TX) didn't know what the F* he were doing, end up he F* drewed a little scooter lock then charged me for total of $104 which included $29 service call (this is BS) and $75 just for drew a F* tiny lock!!! then he took picture of the lock and said will contact me back in an hour for pricing new lock but never heard from him!!
    7-16-09 called RLLS spoke to servial CSR but no one know what was going on nor can see any previous service records or communication records in their system. They said sorry and set up new appt with a suppervisor will come out. Again, I was waiting and waiting...no one call or showed up. called again and complaint!! this time spoke to Tina and she set up another appt and very confidence that someone will call and show up this time.
    7-17-09 suppose someone will call or show up around 6-7 am but nothing had happened. On the phone with Tina 2 times this morning but still nothing!!! I then call and ask to talk to manager, her name is Dee. The manager has no sympathy, sorry or compensate for the troubles I have been thru with them. She said she will re-set up another appt but I told her NO because I am getting SICK SICK SICK and TIRED of this company and now I know why because I should of look them up before I get involve with them, feel so sorry now!!!
    Now I lost $104 for them to damage my scooter lock and have to find someone else to take over their ###!!
    Technician has no name tag, uniform or not even driving car or truck with company name or logo on it.
    He came out with his own car like anybody car and dress like anybody and had his little tool box and that's all!!! the receipt they used really lousy, doesn't have company name on it. Just like any receipt you can buy at office depot and write whatever you want on it!!!

PLEAES PLEASE PLEASE BECAREFUL AND DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM.

• Wa
    WALockedOut Jun 26, 2009

I just called their service for rekeying my front door lock. The operator told me $29 + $19 onwards for rekeyeing depending on difficulty. Guy arrives 25 min. late - after me already giving them 1 hour notice, then appears in an unmarked Van - has nothing but 1 carry on tool kit with him, and no ID. He quoted me $70 additional above the $29 fee to rekey the lock - emphasizes he is doing me a favor by not charging me anything for labor (I am thinking - if you are rekeying - isn't that really all you are doing is labor?) - anyhow, total damage $110 . Unfortunately, it was late enough that I was in no mood to argue - but I do intend to get the lock replaced tomorrow - since he would only give me 1 key - not the 2 that is traditional with any rekeying - so I am thinking he has a copy with him????

Avoid this company, till they actually put up a Business Address and a BBB stamp on their website - I lost money - you shouldnot!

Marlene009 Jun 20, 2009

This company is THE WORSE!
    The guy called me that he was going to be there in 20 minutes, and he arrived an hour LATE, when I try to reach the manager, he's never there, he always happens to be out of the office.
    The guy, when he finally arrived was rude, careless, and wanted to charge 160 for opening a 2008 SUV!!!
    WHAT A RIP OFF, this company should totally be sued!

joejoeandme Jun 14, 2009

Do not use this company, they are a total rip-off! I got locked out of my house yesterday and called them. When I asked for an estimate on the phone the woman told me that there was a $29 service charge and the the additional cost starts at $45 and up depending on the degree of difficulty. It took the locksmith 5 min and he charged me $180.83 - this is absurd. I'm changing careers!

• Ih
    Ihumble Apr 23, 2009

This company uses $29 as bate.

I have never seen such a high charge to change key for a lock.

I got a socking experience from this company's practice.

A company likes this should be exposed and prosecuted.

• Bs
    bs runlocallocksmith Apr 13, 2009

$29 is base on commission on 800 number
    person who open the door, they can charge what ever they want...
    b/s 10-20 %off i have ever seem they over charging for just open 2003 chevy cargo van... 29 + 150...