Rocket Lawyerfree? for $20.00

If you are looking for help with unauthorized charges, scams, etc. Don't waste time checking with this site rocket lawyers, the ad yes advertisement says absolutely free first week. Oh? Then why do I have to pay $20.00?

K goraya

• Ca
    Carl Marcelin Nov 13, 2018

Got charged 39.95 for what, I don't know. Bet it'll take the rest of my life to get it back. Haven't needed lawyer in years. I've checked my browser history and no mention of Rocket Lawyer. I'd just like my money back and certainly don't want to get charged every month for it

Marlene Marie von Friederichs-Fitzwater Nov 04, 2018

I did not sign up for the legal services you are billing me for! I am contacting authorities about this scam.

Dr. Marlene Fitzwater

• Re
    Reviewer41776 Feb 27, 2016

I used free trial for writing a simple contract and I just recognized Rocket Lawyer has already billed me twice for $39.95 for something they claim to be a membership monthly contract, which I never signed for, nor was informed of such service which I dont need at all, I entered an e-mail with a refund request but have not yet received a response.

• Re
    Reviewer17652 Sep 18, 2015

I used there free trial offer and cancelled immediately however they keep charging my card every month. Have emailed them to no avail

JacLi Jan 04, 2015

I have not agreed to any membership and didn't sign up for any. I entered my payment info as was required for printing off the FREE document. And so sure there wasn't any membership options or trail membership were presented to me. after I submitted my payment info. I got an email saying they created an account for me to store the document. But nothing about memberships or fees. A week later I found out they charged me $99 on my bank statement. No invoice, no email no receipt from them about this charge. Then I emailed them, left messages on their facebook, I was told it was a quarterly membership payment. They claimed it was clearly presented by the time I entered the payment info. But hell NO. There was nothing about it I am so sure. Such scammers. Everyone should stay away from this site. The $99 transaction was definitely unauthorized.

• Wi
    Wife in HSV May 08, 2013

I keep getting a $19.95 charge to my Visa acct.. My bank has credited my acct. for the last two charges. But today I received another $19.95. Is this going an on going monthly task that I have to do mailing my bank a dispute letter.

This web ad is very, very misleading. I have not need of this service and have not agreed to any membership.

• Te
    tester007 Sep 11, 2012

THESE PEOPLE ARE INTENTIONAL CROOKS. YES YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT BUT THEIR PROCESS IS INTENTIONALLY FLAWED. YOU CANNOT DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT FROM THEIR SITE. THEY FORCE YOU TO "END FREE TRIAL" AND "DOWNGRADE" TO A BASIC PLAN WHICH IS 9.99. THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU ANOTHER FREE TRIAL BUT YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GO THRU THE PROCESS AGAIN.

HERE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DELETE YOUR ROCKETLAWYER.COM ACCOUNT: Login and delete all of you current and past documents. Then send an email sayind "delete account #________" in the subject line and also in the body. Also include in the body that all your documents are deleted. This is a scam.

• Bi
    Big Dummys Jun 12, 2012

I agree it is a scam. I mean the terms and conditions of the site says "One Week Free Trail" and if I cancel with a week I will not be charged, but if I don't cancel in 7days then on the 8TH day I will be charged. I check the box that says I agreed to that, and after my 7 day free trial they had the nerve to charge me like they said they would. I can not believe this company. They should know that no one reads contracts before they sign them. All we see is FREE, and we don't look no further. I mean who ask for your credit card if they are not planning on charging you.. Well at least I'm not the only dummy who does not read the fine print.

• Wr
    wrg7953 May 20, 2012

Do not use this company if you intend to download one and only one document, they charged my AMEX every month, I thought someone else in the office was using the service until we realized this was a contract. My fault not reading the fine print and the details.
    finally after several failed attempts to sever the service, I called AMEX, they handled it on the spot. Refunded 5 months of billing and billed Rocket Lawyer $199.75. Take that scam lawyers.
    Buyer beware, do not get caught in the net scam like I did.

• Rr
    rrmm Jul 18, 2011

They are garbage. They are thieves. They are abusing Internet. They must not put the name of "Lawyers" on their firm. They should be reported to FBI for fraudulent advertisement. Even their logic is fishy. For example, you pay $19.95 and you don't call in one week to claim it, just to become nice to them and pay them for a download service. But such good intention of you becomes the source of their claim to deduct money from your account. To Begin with their initial advertisement they have no right in the middle of downloading force you for trial membership. If they do so, then at least they have to say if you don't call in one week the 19.95 can not be refunded. That is all. But they are connecting it to a long term membership automatically Which is absolutely weird. You, based on their advertisement, are trying to make a free download and they convert it to a full membership. This is a case for FBI to investigate. They need to be reported to BBB and any consumer advocate group, to Lawyers associations, ... . God help us with these crooks on the Internet. I talked to them. They are a bunch of women who rub people to get money for their Make-up. They have nothing to do with ethics, morality, standard, law and professional behavior.

• Th
    thecompton Jul 06, 2011

I love Rocket Lawyer. I am putting together a group of women into one company though seperate entities. Their doccuments have been helping me put together my thought process and great outlines. I've used their doccuments to put together a business sales contract. I have also used them to form my LLC. They did an excellent job at completing everything, even filing with my state. I pay $39.95 a month and am very satisfied, though $20 does sound better. :) It's worth every penny to all the doccuments I have access to or a lawyer if I need one.

sabasan May 15, 2011

Rocket Lawyer is a SCAM!! DOWNLOAD NOTHING!!

• Rn
    Rnog Mar 29, 2010

Maybe you did not take advantage of the services they provide. They provided me with a great "Quit Claim" deed form that I feel was worth $20. As a business person I feel I will need more forms and since I have the heart of a lawyer and my daughter is a lawyer, I feel I can use their services.

I think it just depends on what you are looking for. But yes, I don't think it's right for them to deduct the money before your trial period is up...that is wrong.

• Mp
    MP Mar 25, 2010

same here 5x$20 it is a scam! They do not let you know you have signed up...or that you are paying..

• Ic
    iceman_986 Feb 11, 2010

Rocket lawyer scammed me out of $20.00 also!!

• Su
    suspicious ramona Jul 16, 2009

This would be a comment on my own comment! Maybe I clicked ont he wrong button!

• Su
    suspicious ramona Jul 16, 2009

Exactly. Maybe it would be worth it to download a complete document for $20, but I got the impression the $20 was for a "downpayment" on membership, which could be canceled, of course. When I was on "live" chat and they didn't exactly answer my questions about the "free" part, and then asked for my credit card to "authorize" my e-mail address, I knew this was headed just where I suspected. suspicious mona