WinZip Complaints & Reviews

WinZipwinzip update

I subscribe to winzip updates for $7.95 per year, I no longer have access to the email this was set up with - [protected]@msn.com. I have been charged for this year's update but cannot access the information to do so. My current email address is [protected]@gmail. com and I would greatly appreciate having the passcode and billing information sent to me at this email address.
Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely Cherry Jaspm

WinZipmalwarebytes

I paid for a renewal of my license for Winzip's MALWAREBYTES, the money was taken, I received an email which was supposed to contain my License key (which I needed to enter into my computer). The email contained a LINK to a website location from which to actually acquire that License key, but when I got there, my AntiVirus program declared it to be a Virus, and aborted the connection. So, I paid, but cannot receive my paid-for License key.

WinZipprogram

On October 26 I paid $14.95 for an upgrade to WinZip, and then I paid $37.90 for the program WinZip 22. But when I went to register it, I was told I had a
      wrong registration number. I contacted WinZip and they gave me another number which was erroneous. I contacted WinZip three times with the same answer. I want to delete the program and get a refund of my payments because I can't access the program.

WinZipWinzip

Purchased WINZIP software to recover lost documents. Performed scan. When it was time to recover found documents, the program said it had it expired and that I need to purchase another software package. I contacted text service and the rep said she needed to have access to my computer in order to fix the problem. I was certain this was a scam to gain access to my computer and refused. I requested a refund of the $39.99 I paid to use their software for a couple of hours, but so far they have not credited my charge card. I reported this purchase to my charge card company and have asked for their assistance in recovering my money.

WinZipAwful company

I have been asking repeatedly for Winzip to reconsider their policy for "helping dumb users". If you use the current version of Winzip you have to turn off "include system files" for every single zip you create. Why would anyone want to automatically include extra junk like a thumbs.db which can be quite large? Their response is that this is beneficial to people who are not computer literate. That's a completely ridiculous answer. I have to make a couple of dozen zip files a week that will be emailed. I don't want or need anything extra in the files. Just give me the option to turn this off as a default - they won't even do that. This is not very responsive to the consumers that have used this product for years and don't need this kind of "hand holding".

• Ho
              Holger Hagen Oct 07, 2012

I have downloaded winzip optimizer and after running it found errors.
              this process took about 10 minutes and then came up with the quote.."FIX IT"
              which i clicked on just to find having to go back and purchasing again.
              why is this.

Holger Hagen Oct 07, 2012

see above statement

• Dt
              dtrze90 Jun 02, 2013

I purchased the Winzip download program on June 2, 2013 and did not get to download the program before I lost the connection. I NEVER GOT to COPY the information for my registration so I can't ask Win z up for help because I NEVER got to register it. Can you please help me. My purchase was made with my Discover card.

• Ge
              George Stott Nov 24, 2013

Checked to view the service, it was not what I expected so did not register it. I asked for refund of payment but got no reply.

• St
              Stanley Hinckley Jan 14, 2015

I just purchased and downloaded WinZip Systems Utilities Suite and cannot run it because my anti-virus program identified many many threats to my computer. I want an immediate refund. I have un-installed this program.

Mary Dwyer Jul 05, 2017

Once I installed WinZip my computer was constantly held hostage by IT companies claiming to be Microsoft IT Experts and telling me I needed to pay them to remove Mal Ware/Viruses from my computer-they would freeze my screen and computer telling me access was denied until their services were ordered/paid. Once I uninstalled WinZip I never had another problem with my computer and this has been over one year now. COMPLETE RIP-OFF and FRAUDULENT!!