Veritas Communications Complaints & Reviews

Veritas CommunicationsFraud

This company is a big rip off. I ordered a magazine and they said that the magazing would be in within 3 months it has been over 10 months. This is fraud and i hope that someone calls the police next time. If this ever comes around. Don't fall for anything they say. They will say just about anything...

THIS IS WHAT YOU DO

File complaints with your state consumer affairs office and the state on your receipt!!!

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau – www.bbb.org

Call your local police department (there’s not much they can do but make them aware if you get a good investigator they will request your story!!)

And finally call your local reporters (and the local reporters of the city and state on your receipt). I’m also emailing CNN. I don’t know if this will work but if they get enough complaints then they should do something.

Also call the magazine company ask them if they received your order (I bet not) let them know what you are doing. The magazine I ordered is now going to be sent to me from the magazine company (very nice of them).

Complain Complain Complain

Veritas CommunicationsMagazine door to door selling

Don't bother to call as the phone has been disconnected. Calling the GA Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs is a waste of time. They will only inspect written complaints, no phone call in complaints. Of course they don't tell you this when calling, taking information and making you wait!

I did a lot of research the owner of Veritas Communications in Woodstock GA is:

Carol M. Willaims and David R. Fussell Phone # [protected]
        Info from GA Business License Database

David R. Fussell is also in with Huntsville AL

(If you do enough research you can find out where he lives, what he owns, who he married and what date he was married and I just got started (all for free))

Veritas CommunicationsHave not received magazines

One of the representatives from this company came to my door selling magazines. I already had a subscription to PC Gamer and to help the guy out he said that he could renew my subscription for me. I paid the money, the check cleared and everything. That was in September of 2008. It is now May 2009, my PC Gamer subscription has run out and I have not received any magazines because it hasn't been renewed. I am not sure if this is the right place for the complaint, but this was the only site I could find that was relative to veritas communications.

2 Responses

• Ar
          AREY in PA Jan 02, 2010

I live in PA and paid for a subscription august 2009, my check cleared and it is Jan 2010 and I have not received a single copy of the magazine I ordered. My receipt has the info: Veritas Communications, Woodstock, GA of course with a disconnected phone #. Anyone have any suggestions? It was for $48 which isnt a ton of money but its the principal that is upsetting.

Veritas Communications — Magazine Sales

We were on our way out the door and girl named Maria Swafford came walking up. It was dark and there...

Veritas Communicationsscammers!!!

I got sapped into buying a two year subscription to some magazines for my children for someone to win a trip to somewhere I wish I could be right now. I even ran to the ATM because he could only take cash or check. He told me I would have my magazines in 6-8 weeks. After that time period came and went with no magazines I found the reciept which said that it would take 120 days to get the magazines. I called this company many times with no answer. I left many voice mails with no return call. I called today because it is officially 120 days and guess what!...the phone number was disconnected! I was irate and felt foolish for falling for it so I took off in search of their office. At this point I knew I had been scammed but I just had to be sure. I found their "office" and of course their was no one there. A man that worked in the same building said they had moved 3 months ago and they had taken his money too.

Veritas CommunicationsModern day hustlers

i recently fell prey to this company. while enjoying family time we recieved a knock on our door. in walks donnie b. he gives us a story about having to go door to door for his communications class and he needs sponsers. after a ten min. story and exposure to some of the worst breath i have ever been around...he asks us to pick out a magazine and write a check for $48. We did and the next day it was deposited. even though he said he would wait 3 days just in case we wanted to cancel. after sending in the cancellation slip on time...and having the check overdraft my account...i called for a week straight. no answer and voice mailbox was always full. so to make this long story a little shorter: they redeposited my check a week later and charged 30 more dollars. i finally recieved a call from the owner saying they aren't going to honor my cancellation and they are not going to give me a refund.

6 Responses

I did a lot of research the owner of Veritas Communications in Woodstock GA is:

Carol M. Willaims and David R. Fussell Phone # [protected]
              Info from GA Business License Database

David R. Fussell is also in with Huntsville AL

• Js
              jseyfred Nov 19, 2009

They conned me into buying their magazines also at Purdue University when I was a student there...only the guy brought a little kid with him to the door saying that he was helping the kid work on his communication skills. Pretty convincing story which led to the false sale of magazines. As soon as they left I felt that I had screwed up. I called the number on the receipt and had them change my address from school to my home in Michigan and everything seemed pretty normal. I never took it any further and like everyone else I got no magazines.

• Ke
              keZboard Nov 10, 2009

As soon as I opened my door this guy opened with a whole speech that he seemed to have practiced many times. He was a funny guy but in the end turned out to be a con artist. He was selling magazines for "points" and I decided to help him out and order a cheap magazine. Right after he left though I decided that I couldn't really afford the magazine so I shipped in the cancel sheet right away. 7 weeks later I'm now checking up on this stuff after not receiving my money back which should have only taken 4-6 weeks. I tried calling the number on the sheet only to find it disconnected. Veritas Communications or anyone selling magazines for "points" to go on a trip is a SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Sally Mcclure Mar 22, 2009

We live in Jasper Ga. A nice looking clean cut disabled vet came to our door selling magazines. He was very friendly and we bought a subscription from him for Readers Digest. I still have my receipt for $48.00 with his name and Dave and Tracy Fussell's name on it. This was on Dec 13 2008. I waited awhile and emailed them they assured me I would start receiving my books soon. This is March it doesn't take that long to get a subscription started so I tried emailing them again this morning. NO LUCK. So I guess I am another sucker. The guy claimed he had been wounded and had a big scar on his leg. He was walking and we never saw a vehichle anywhere. We gave him a glass of coke and he kept staying and talking. Well if I was these magazine companies I would be madder than hell because they are going to get a bad name too. These people don't realize they are going to have to answer to a higher power in the end for cheating lying and stealing. I will NEVER let anyone else in my door selling anything. It is a pity that no one who could do anything about it will.

• Ea
              Earls413 Mar 19, 2009

We were approached by Tim Blagburn on October 24th, 2008 claiming he needs sponsors to go to England and showed us a paper full of magazines we could buy in order for him to get points. My husband was looking to subscribe to Mens Health anyway and they were offering 104 issues for $54.00 which was a great deal, seemed a little to good to be true but we tried it anyway for a good cause. Well after 6-8 weeks nothing arrived so we emailed them and got a rude email back that said " Your receipt cleary states it may take up to 120 days, so we waited and waited 148 days later no magazines a disconnected phone line and the email address doesn't work. I called the better business bureau and couldn't do anything because they bbb didn't sponsor them or something. Please stay away. I went on google and say pictures of their "Crew" partying alot I guess thats what their doing with everyone's hard earned money.

• Ne
              Neva Falls Dec 12, 2008

I was told that the check would be 2 weeks before that would take it out of my account. But thats not what the paper work said . So please send my check back to me. I am inclosing my address.

Neva Falls