Title Loans Complaints & Reviews

Title LoansInsurance

Had a bad experience with title loan at Title Max in the Dallas area. We got a title and they tried to get me to get the their insurance added to my account which was higher than the interest payment. I told them I had full coverage but I had to get their insurance coverage plan if I wanted to get title loan. I borrowed $2000 and my interest was about $80 and $240 for their insurance so total payment was about $320 total . We just decided to closed the loan that same day. Do the employees have to be licences to sell these policies. I asked the employee if they were also insurance agents and stated no all there loan have to have this insurance in order to be approved for title loan. I don't recommend anyone to go to Title Max...

• Su
    SuperlativePI Jul 31, 2014

You can write a letter to the Texas Department of Insurance to tell them what is going on. You cannot call- you must write. But do write.

Title Max is a horrible company. They have more than 30, 000 cars out for repo in Texas reportedly and I'm not surprised when hearing they practice unethical business.

Title Loansrepo'd cars

The manager of the Title Cash store here in town has her boyfriend tow the cars that the store repo's. I feel that this is conflict of interest and possibly unethical. When the cars are towed, he stores them in her driveway for days at a time. There can be 3-4 cars waiting to be trasferred to the auction house. The towns zoning has tried to put a stop to him running his business from her house, but as of yet can't catch in the act. So if I get this right, she recieves a salary from the company and she also gets a profit when her boyfriend tows a car and sells it.

Title Loans

Title Loansscams ,EVIL, the Devils business

This place gave me a loan for $1100.00 in 2005. I paid them $200.00 or more $300.00 every month almost three years, my payments were only$181.00. And true some months I would be a few days late and two or three months out of that I would about a week late. But it got paid every month. You do the math, after all that Money I paid to them on Jan.3 2008, they came and repossessed my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan, I was three weeks late, maybe. Without any warning or anything. Then they drug it almost all the way out of my complex, with the keys in it(if they would have just looked) so there went the $1600.00 transmission I just put in it about a year ago. Then when I called them, they wanted $1769.76 before to get the van back. After all the money I had already paid them, so lets see I paid the over $3000.00 and they have my Van and they still want me to pay $1769.76 all for a loan of $1100.00. I don't think so!!!!!!!! Enough is Enough!!! I told the place they could have it. But they never even warned me, they lied and said they did, like I am crazy and don't remember them calling or sending a letter. And don't you think if I knew I would have at least tried to hide the Van til I could pay the payment? But Like I said they can have it has a busted lifter so it has to have oil all the time, one of the side doors don't work, it has about 250,000. miles on it, the air conditioner don't work, the adjustable tensioner is messed up and keeps breaking the universal belt, it has no radio, it needs new tires , it has a recall on it for some spring in the steering wheel that causes the cruise not to work , the drivers airbag don't work and it don't have a horn, the back hatch doesn't auto lock and makes a funny nose when it tries to and the catalytic converter needs replacing and I am sure there is other things so I hope they enjoy it and I hope they can at least get $5.00 out of it and I hope one day soon these places that take advantage of people who are going thru a hard time and needed a little help are put out of Business and have to pay back some the people they RIPPED OFF. I will go hungry before I ever go to another title loan or check advance place.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices