Tejas Thump Cycles Complaints & Reviews

Tejas Thump CyclesItem paid for, never delivered.

Bought and paid for a custom gas tank on Sept. 5th, 2008. When the item did not show after a month I Emailed them and called repeatedly - During business hours the 'phone line was conveniently busy and went automatically to voicemail each day at 5pm, mailbox full and unable to accept messages. Emails went unanswered. I received one Email apologizing for the delay, blaming everything on the economy and unscrupulous Asian suppliers with a promise to fulfill their side of the agreement as soon as possible. That was the last I heard from them.

Tejas Thump Cyclesordered online recived nothing

ordered pipes online paid for them and havent recived anything, that was almost 20 days ago.LOW RENT JOKERS!! will be making a trip to see them soon, we all need to go see them at the same time, see what ol "thumper"got to say about that!!

Hi,
    I truley apologize for the delays! We are doing all we can to help everyone and survive these rough economic times. I can assure you that we are not trying to rip anyone off and will correct any problems that has arisen form these hard times! As for rthe pipes you ordered, depending on the manufacturer, some of them can take up to 10 weeks to be manufactured because they are custom built and made at the time of order! Thank You!

Tejas Thump CyclesRIP-OFF

BEWARE!!! Placed order 10-18-08 and paid with Paypal. Two weeks went by with no product recieved or response from emails. No answer by phone and voice mail box was always full. Filed claim to refund money through Paypal 11-05-08. Paypal has now informed me that they have decided in my favor but Tejas Thump has no funds in their account to recover. Watch out Bro's, these are crooks using Paypal as their weapon of choice!

Hi,
    We truly apologize for the delays and all the problems! We are wrestling these tough economic times, as is everyone. We have every intention of taking care of all of these problems as quickly as we can, and the owner is working on the PayPal issues as well. We have only the one phone line, and it stays busy most of the time--usually talking to our suppliers and manufacturers in an effort to take care of **YOU**! We spend large amounts of time responding to the hundreds of e-mails we get each day, and I'm sure we miss some from time to time, and I apologize for this! We completely understand that everyone is upset and frustrated but--we **will** take care of the problems!

Tejas Thump CyclesPoor Service & Products Not Shipped!

The order was placed over a month ago via credit card. We were told to expect the order 10/10/08. We began calling and found the phone line constantly busy, emailed several times and just a bunch a BS when they actually did take the time to respond. They have been saying they hope to ship soon. We made it clear we need the parts for an event on Halloween. "Finally" they told us they are having supplier issues. We are fed up! We performed a search on line for complaints against Tejas Thump Cycles, found the owner died in June (months ago) and several other people are experiencing the same issues, even currently. (Please check out www.complaintsboard.com for more complaints.) We would appreciate our parts and if they are unable to ship ASAP, be honest and give us our complete full refund.

Thumper Dec 03, 2008

In response to the compaint: A modest correction--the owner of Tejas thump died in May, not June. Not a big deal, compared to parts needed for a Halloween event. However, we at Tejas are victims of the current economic crisis just as much as anyone else. This is a global ecomomic crisis, not an individual economic crisis. Therefore, nearly everyone in business is experiencing some kind of delay or hardship of some sort.
    We at Tejas Thump are intimately concerned about providing the right product at the right price and doing so with exemplary customer service. If you're interested in conserving your resources and getting what's right for you at the best price, you'll stick with us during these hard times. We are stressed to the max at our resource level right now trying to serve our customers with the best prices available. Hang with us; you will be rewarded. Of course, it's your choice--if you need it NOW and money is no object, it's a free world and you can take your business elsewhere to the large corporations who charge premium price but can get you the product NOW.
    We're a small home-grown business run by people like you who are trying to do the best they can. Thank you for your patience.

Tejas Thump CyclesTook my money and never sent a thing

I feel Tejas Thump Cycles stole my money and has no intentions on sending me my merchandise. Here's what happened.. I purchased some pegs on October 5th. It's now October 29th and I haven't received a thing. I have sent numerous emails and left multiple voice messages for them and have not heard a word back from them.

I even disputed the charge with Paypal, who just today ruled in my favor.. but get this.. there was NO MONEY in their accout to reimburse me.. can you believe that?

BUYERS BEWARE - deal with these people at your own risk.

• Da
    Danny Perkins Oct 29, 2008

They took me for 460.00 and never over two months ago ! I never heard a thing and I tried and tried but nothing!Paypal also ruled with me and said their account was empty.
    They are still ripping people off as we speek
    Danny

James O sullivan Nov 14, 2008

They took 280 dollars from my account last june and have ignored all calls and e-mail since. What a cowboy outfit

Hi,
    I apologize for all of the problems! Ill admit we are having a rough time, but so is everyone else and we are trying to survive and have EVERY INTENTION to take care of everyones concerns. We are not attempting to take anyone's money and have every intention to ship products as quickly as we can! Thank You!

Tejas Thump CyclesNo answer

I placed an order for 4 footpegs on the 19th. It has been over 2 weeks and I still have not seen them. The website states if there is any delay, they will make contact with the customer. I called them over 10 times and left a message each time. I emailed them 3 times. No one has called and no was has emailed.

• Me
    metiva Aug 07, 2008

i know exactly what your talking about. I ordered back in June and it's now Aug. and i still have not received my order. Emailed them and they have not responded. I call them and they take number and info to call me back but still waiting. Calling right now but their line has been busy for the longest. And their website says they deliver fast =- huh, yeah right...it was my first time ordering from them and it will be my last time!!!

• Bo
    BOB Oct 03, 2008

Being in the part business myself we find that a lot of customers don't understand how the motorcycle business works, first has far has taking only 2 weeks for delivery that is pretty normal, what customers don't understand is there are over 1, 000, 000 parts for Harley and custom bikes on the market. No one parts dealer can stock even 1/8th of these parts.We are at the mercy of our suppliers, and with the economy the way it is many suppliers and manufactuer's don't even stock that many parts. My advice is read the website policies most state expect delivery times of 1-8 weeks maybe longer. We as parts dealers don't want it to take that long though, we want to get your part asap to you. Heck I waited 6 months for a set of PM wheels for my own bike. Another problem is we deal with 100's of customers each day, so we don't try not to respond to complaints, but if we call you back and don't get an answer or voice mail we are on to the next task. Also it really is up to the customer to know what he needs and order correctly, also many customers don't know how ot install things right, and we get a so called bad part back and there is nothing wrong with it. So we get stuck with that part and if we return to our supplier it is a 25% restocking fee with us paying shipping. I order many things on line and wile most are fast delivery times many are not. If you want to really got information on your problem e-mail is the best way, it is there in front of us and we will answer it asap, phone calls are much harder to respond to. Hope this gives people a little insight to the business, as parts dealers we want to supply you your product fast, and with no problems, but remember where ever you go most parts are not in stock and are special order items, As well most on line dealers are saving you money and time on your parts, is it worth saving money to have an item take a little longer? Remember if building a custom order well ahead of time to save down time, know what you need, and don't expect a parts guy to know everything for you, you have the bike in front of you so know your offsets and what is required to do the job right, buy a Harley service manual and some how to books. They will save you time and money in the long run. And we do make mistakes at times and we try to make them right, all parts dealers do.

• D
    D Oct 14, 2008

I placed my order for wing peg/boards for my cruiser at $110. I recieved no response. After 2-3 weeks. I emailed & called several times. No response at all. The phone rang off the hook though & no one ever answered a few days in a row. Real class act over there, I say. I got my money though !!! See, I used paypal & filed a claim. Who knows what will happen to you if you use a credit card. The place never responded to them either. That made it pretty easy to get my money back ( I say Thanks ! for wasting my time, tying up my money & ride time ! ) Never deal with them & when I'm board, I'll post some more complaints where ever I see that jerky name ! STAY AWAY FROM THIS CLOWN ! I see I'm not the first & will hardly be the last. Looks like a habbit forming to me. Companies Like Paypal should pull this account. They seem to waste more time than the good guys that are just tryin' to personalize their bikes ! Take a Fun pastime Like Riding & Detailing & Turn it into a Headache. I now deffinitely see who needs the real Thumpin' !

• Ru
    rudy Cordova Oct 27, 2008

the same thing is napping to me.
    no response to emails .
    no status on the order and impossible to get in touch over the phone.

• Ru
    rudy Cordova Oct 27, 2008

oops... I mean happening to me

• To
    tom Oct 31, 2008

The same thing is going on with me ... no part, took my money, no answer on the phone and no response to my emails LOSERS!!

Hi,
    We understand everyone is upset and frustrated. We want everyone to understand that we have every intention of handling all of the problems as quickly as we can. This company has been through alot in the last year and the clean up has been slow, then the economy went south and companies are failing all around us, we are doing our best to survive. We will make things "Right" with all of our customers.

Tejas Thump Cycles — Received product different than described on website

Tejas Thump Cycles www.tejasthumpcycles.com Complaint Description: Ordered Motorcycle pegs that were...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices