Menu
CB SunRun Solar

The good, the bad, and the ugly - discover what customers are saying about SunRun Solar

Welcome to our customer reviews and complaints page for SunRun Solar. We understand that making informed decisions about where to invest your time and money can be challenging, which is why we've created this platform for our community to share their honest feedback about their experiences with SunRun Solar.

On this page, you'll find a comprehensive collection of reviews and complaints from real customers who have used SunRun Solar's products or services. Our reviews are authentic and unbiased, providing you with a complete picture of the company, its products or services, and their customer service.

Whether you're considering doing business with SunRun Solar, or you've already had an experience with them, our community's reviews and complaints will give you a valuable perspective on what to expect. Our goal is to help you make informed decisions about where to invest your time and money, and we hope that our platform will be a valuable resource for you.

Please feel free to browse our reviews and complaints and share your own experience with SunRun Solar. Your feedback is an important part of our community and will help others make informed decisions.

R
4:45 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My solar has been down since April. The company claimed that they had been trying to get a hold of me by phone. I hadn't received any messages on my home phone or cell phone. The only thing I could think of, was they was calling my deceased husbands cell phone and not the house phone. When finally got a hold of SunRun they connected me to Mr. Jerry...

X
3:11 pm EDT

SunRun Solar Solar system on my home

My solar system has been out of order since July, 2021. Since that time there have been multiple attempts to repair my system by Sunrun's 3rd party provider, Sun System Technologies. Each time they come to repair, there's always a problem with Sunrun ordering the wrong equipment. Each time they leave I have to call Sunrun several times to reschedule the repair. The last time they attempted to repair my system was April 21st, 2022. They attempted to repair my system for several hours to which they stated Sunrun yet again messed up the order and now my system has to be completely redesigned. I attempted to call at least four times to Sunrun to reschedule yet another repair date and each time they tell me my case manager "Angel/AJ" will be in touch within 3 business days. I never received a response. On May 11th, 2022 I attempted to call Sunrun again to reschedule the repair they told me to contact Sun System Technologies to schedule the repair that it's in their hands. I spoke to an "Alex" there and he stated he can't reschedule the repair until they receive a work/dispatch order and sent me back to Sunrun. I contacted Sunrun again as advised and was once again told that Angel/AJ would be calling back in 3 business days. I'm at a total loss at the moment. PLEASE HELP!

Desired outcome: repair my home's solar system

Hide full review
M
12:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SunRun Solar product and services

I recently noticed you allow sunrun solar corp. To sell and represent themselves with your backing. I have been a member of costco for many years and I would warn you to dis-engage in allowing sunrun to sell their product in your stores... They are currently in a law suit that could cost them literally millions of dollars. I, bring one of sunrun's customers can tell you first hand, this company is extremely unprofessional and unorganized.
I had their panels installed in december of 2017. It is now april 22, 2018 and the solar is still not active or working due to a dispute they are in with a para company they do business with. I have complained to them a dozen times and they refuse to do what is nessesary to fix the issue.
I would defend sunrun installation, but it was the para-company, and not them, that actually installed the panels... Warning... Do not use sunrun solar panels!
Costco... Warning... Do not allow sunrun to sell their product in your stores or you cold find yourselves in a federal law suit with them!
The good news... I don't have a problem with costco itself, but, if you continue to allow sunrun to sell their product in your stores, I will be cancelling my membership and opening one at sams club.

Update by Mws0318x
Apr 22, 2018 12:42 pm EDT

I recently noticed you allow SUNRUN solar Corp. to sell and represent themselves with your backing. I have been a member of Costco for many years and I would warn you to dis-engage in allowing SUNRUN to sell their product in your stores... they are currently in a law suit that could cost them literally millions of dollars. I, being one of SUNRUN's customers can tell you first hand, this company is extremely unprofessional and unorganized.
I had their panels installed in December of 2017. It is now April 22, 2018 and the solar is still not active or working due to a dispute they are in with a para company they do business with. I have complained to them a dozen times and they refuse to do what is nessesary to fix the issue.
I would defend sunrun installation, but it was the para-company, and not them, that actually installed the panels... WARNING... DO NOT USE SUNRUN SOLAR PANELS!
COSTCO... WARNING...DO NOT ALLOW SUNRUN TO SELL THEIR PRODUCT IN YOUR STORES OR YOU COLD FIND YOURSELVES IN A FEDERAL LAW SUIT WITH THEM!
The good news... I don't have a problem with Costco itself, BUT, if you continue to allow SUNRUN to sell their product in your stores, I will be cancelling my membership and opening one at SAMS CLUB.

Hide full review